BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

If you missed the Uk's biggest news yesterday the New Doctor to replace Peter Capaldi has been announced as Jodie Whittaker as the 13th and the 1st Female Doctor. Here is an article containing full details https://www.theguard...ced-13th-doctor

Naturally there is a blacklash as there have always been whoians who have stated that the never wanted the Doctor to be female or that they will stop watching if it happens. Though for most part the reactions have been more positive, including from previous doctors.

https://www.theguard...er-inspire-fans

http://www.radiotime...antastic-doctor

I myself am looking forward to as this has refreshed my interest in Doctor Who for daring something new with the character and that this is the first Doctor outside of Steven Moffat's era, who frankly I was getting tried of some of his more silly and ridiculous writing habits and plots (not that I don't think he can't write any good ones mind you).

I just hope this doesn't  become as ridiculous as last years 2016 Ghostbusters Reboot debate.

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

So frickin excited. And you know what - I LOVED the Ghostbusters reboot.  :yes: Thought it was great - loved all the actresses before, and it was great to see the same movie with these current comedians. I think the same way about Dr. Who - there're so much story out there still to tell. Why not? Why not a woman? The Doctor's an alien anyway...we should be striving to represent him/her as unique as possible. Being a woman is just the first iteration of that.

Wait till s/he comes back as a cat or something!  :lmao:

#3 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

I can't wait as well was a little worried as we have no idea what will happen I think that the fear came from what Moffet did with all the woman under his run that I am worried the female Doctor will flirt with all then men, but I have faith that this will not happen, and if Jack comes back it will be funny at what he says about this.

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

Unlike the Ghostbusters Reboot, which you knew was going to not go down well, because it felt forced, and they failed to capture the group dynamic that made the original a classic, I'm happy with this, it's been part of potential canon for a while as far as I can tell (I grew up during the small period when there were no new Dr Who shows so it was before and after my time.) This adds a whole new dimension to the character of the Doctor, each new Dr is unique and bring something new to the table, and having a female play the lead brings out a whole new twist to the mix that could help revive the series.

Good luck to the new doctor, hope she has thick skin and she proves all the doubters wrong.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

I'm very excited despite not being a fan. I just like seeing a step in the right direction. Hopefully they will add some color to it as well. I have no time for Taylor Swift feminism.

Now that there's a woman I hope Steven Moffat leaves quietly..he's the only one that might mess this up.

ナルサク

#6 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

I'm very excited despite not being a fan. I just like seeing a step in the right direction. Hopefully they will add some color to it as well. I have no time for Taylor Swift feminism.

Now that there's a woman I hope Steven Moffat leaves quietly..he's the only one that might mess this up.

Don't worry Steven Moffat last season as show runner was with the last season of the 12th doctor, so the next season with the 13th doctor someone new will be in charge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doctor who, 13th doctor, Jodie Whittaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users