76 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

Tricksie. You may be right but once again "you only saw they they could have been a great couple by the last episode." If they only had three season whether because they planned it or executive meddling they have to go with AK because "that is the one they developed." If they had another season or two to develop ZK. Sure, then they could go with it. Because if they went with ZK in season three it would have felt really out of nowhere. That would have made that faction happy but would have pissed off everyone else.

Granted once again the romances in Avatar both series are the worst part of the story. Airbender was better than Korra if for no other reason then, it didn't have a love triangle that took up half to 7/10th of the run time.

Also you right about Sasuke.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 September 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#22 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

I'll take Zutara over SasuSaku anyday.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#23 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:59 AM

Woow nostalgia lol and yeah zutara did had subtle moments....

Edited by rikakim94, 13 September 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#24 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:23 AM

nick was known for their trailers playing tricks on the zutara fandom.

and here we have one of the many times bryan and mike ridicule them:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#25 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:52 AM

nick was known for their trailers playing tricks on the zutara fandom.

and here we have one of the many times bryan and mike ridicule them:

And they contradict themselves in the more recent korrasami interview.  :ermm:

http://abdullahqutbe...o-bryke-just-no

Thats the quote were they say kataang is forced and a typical cliche so much for being anti zutara. :down:  

Once Mako and Korra were through, we focused on developing Korra and Asami’s relationship. Originally, it was primarily intended to be a strong friendship. Frankly, we wanted to set most of the romance business aside for the last two seasons. Personally, at that point I didn’t want Korra to have to end up with someone at the end of series. We obviously did it in Avatar, but even that felt a bit forced to me. I’m usually rolling my eyes when that happens in virtually every action film, “Here we go again…” It was probably around that time that I came across this quote from Hayao Miyazaki:

Edited by rikakim94, 13 September 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#26 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:58 AM

And they contradict themselves in the more recent korrasami interview.  :ermm:

http://abdullahqutbe...o-bryke-just-no

Thats the quote were they say kataang is forced and a typical cliche so much for being anti zutara. :down:  

Once Mako and Korra were through, we focused on developing Korra and Asami’s relationship. Originally, it was primarily intended to be a strong friendship. Frankly, we wanted to set most of the romance business aside for the last two seasons. Personally, at that point I didn’t want Korra to have to end up with someone at the end of series. We obviously did it in Avatar, but even that felt a bit forced to me. I’m usually rolling my eyes when that happens in virtually every action film, “Here we go again…” It was probably around that time that I came across this quote from Hayao Miyazaki:

Yeah, I saw that too, and all I can say is what is said there by Bryan is an INSULT to the fans in a lot of ways, especially when the fact he feels that he is just appealing to SJWs and trying to be PC, when really, he could have done without a pairing since he is acting like it was forced when Aang and Katara had proper development, and even waited until the end of the war to be together, since Aang understood when Katara pushed him back after he confessed, which was showing that in the end, he knew he'd wait until Katara was ready.

BUT he shoved Korra and Asami together and thinks it was "NATURAL"!?! Oh, I so call hardcore BS on that crap!

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:09 AM

What's the quote? Looks at link this was from an interview after the ending from almost two years ago. and the interview is them trying to say that they planned KA from the beginning so, "And if they saying anything else. It is them trying to bask in the praise of them having one of the first lesbian couples in a cartoon." And you can even see him contradicting him self. I planned KA from the beginning but in but MK was endgame for book 1. When everyone I knew back when the series originally aired knew. That Korra was originally a 12 episode miniseries that premier was so successful they ave him a second season then later two more season. How could he have planned it all along if he was has originally only given one season? Also the fact that Asami was originally suppose to be a bad guy but they found that clique and just had her stay with the Krew. Then again basically her and bolin basically lived in the background unless they had a love interest.

Oh here the quote:“I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.”

Ah. Bryke, Blow me you pretentious SJW lying ass! Let's face it, he is treating both Korra and Asami as objects. He is using them as a pedestal to stand on so people will praise him for how "progressive" he is, and shield to defend himself from any criticism..

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 September 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#28 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

@rikakim - yeah, i saw that years ago. it still doesn't change the fact that you could find numerous quotes of them being firm against the idea of zutara, which was my point to being with. also, for something that was "forced", it sure did have a lot of build up for three years! the same can't be said for korra and asami.

and yeah, it's pretty obvious that they catered to sjw. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

I'll take Zutara over SasuSaku anyday.

At least they had development and Zuko never to run Katara through her chest! :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

I never thought that pairing is serious bussinies in avatar.

I think katang is pretty much oblivious.
The one who has harem potential is katara brother, imo.

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

Welcome to the club, rocci. :) Aang and Katara so was obvious to me from day one, but I wanted to see how it'd develop, especially after they met.

And let's face it, with Sokka, he had Suki, Princess Yue, as well as a bit of Ty Lee in terms of harem luck.

#32 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

@rikakim - yeah, i saw that years ago. it still doesn't change the fact that you could find numerous quotes of them being firm against the idea of zutara, which was my point to being with. also, for something that was "forced", it sure did have a lot of build up for three years! the same can't be said for korra and asami.

and yeah, it's pretty obvious that they catered to sjw. 

True but there opinions changed and now are regretting kataang. From what im hearing majority of the staff writers back then hated kataang except a few writers and storyboard artist. Those writers are the one who put kataang moments but the head writer who hated kataang downplayed the moments because it wasen't just the writers below bryke that put a bit of kataang, but mike and bryan themselves but they overdid it and the head writer had to tone it down. 

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

They're not, really. I just saw Katanng coming form a mile a way. the hints were obvious to me and all others were "Okay I accept them because they don't give me reason to think otherwise"

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 September 2016 - 02:34 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

This is a nice argument made about the way how kataang got treated at the last few episodes in the original series and the sequal/comics. katara really is nothing more than the heros house wife in the end.  I can't respect bryke anymore.  -_-

http://honxrable.tum...ot-treated-like

#35 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

True but there opinions changed and now are regretting kataang. From what im hearing majority of the staff writers back then hated kataang except a few writers and storyboard artist. Those writers are the one who put kataang moments but the head writer who hated kataang downplayed the moments because it wasen't just the writers below bryke that put a bit of kataang, but mike and bryan themselves but they overdid it and the head writer had to tone it down. 

you're really misconstruing their words. they never said anything close to regretting aang and katara being together. from what you're "hearing" is nothing more than what you want to be true.

ember island players, southern raiders, and many more episodes throughout season 1-3 shows us why zutara wouldn't work. i don't respect the writers, but they can't go back on what they've already long establish and intended since the beginning.

and yeah, tone down kataang on the last season with them:

1) having a hot dance, which resulted in them sweating afterwards.

2) imaginary hot and steamy kataang kiss

3) an actual kiss

wow! it seems like they really did tone it down.

sorry, but i don't believe anything that you've said without backing it up with actual evidence. 

This is a nice argument made about the way how kataang got treated at the last few episodes in the original series and the sequal/comics. katara really is nothing more than the heros house wife in the end.  I can't respect bryke anymore.  -_-

http://honxrable.tum...ot-treated-like

perspective from a zutara fan. wasted ten mins reading that stuff -____-

Edited by luffyq1, 14 September 2016 - 04:33 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#36 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

Honestly, I don't like Bryke since he mocked the Zutura fandom, then you had LoK where even some of the "SJW"'s admit that Korrasami looked last minute.

LOK lost a lot of popularity since volume two, one of the reasons why it was moved from television to online viewing. But one of the reasons why people lost interest was the stupid romance becoming such a part of the plot, something that wasn't as focus with TLA. If obvious as day Korrasami was canon for boost points, but sadly people are oblivious due to the already lacking representation of lgbt+  in series as is. Bryke just made Korrasami canon so they won't focus on the problems of LOK.  

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#37 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

Honestly, I don't like Bryke since he mocked the Zutura fandom, then you had LoK where even some of the "SJW"'s admit that Korrasami looked last minute.

LOK lost a lot of popularity since volume two, one of the reasons why it was moved from television to online viewing. But one of the reasons why people lost interest was the stupid romance becoming such a part of the plot, something that wasn't as focus with TLA. If obvious as day Korrasami was canon for boost points, but sadly people are oblivious due to the already lacking representation of lgbt+  in series as is. Bryke just made Korrasami canon so they won't focus on the problems of LOK.  

The only time I may here about LoK is if they are talking about KA. No one talks about its story.

#38 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:39 AM

The only time I may here about LoK is if they are talking about KA. No one talks about its story.

yeah which is sad everyone remembers aang for beating ozai 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#39 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

yeah which is sad everyone remembers aang for beating ozai 

LoK ending is pretty much the same as the Naruto ending the (best word to describe both as similar does not mean I'm against gays) "Controversy" of KA and nH completely drew everyone one attention away from the ending of the series and eventually drew people attention and interest away from the series plot. To the point that the only thing that either fanbase really talks about nowadays are the pairings. Not the story quality, its morals, or anything else. Just the pairings.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 September 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#40 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:00 AM

I never tought too much of kataang, I just sort of always accepted it and even thought they were cute.

I've been having afterthoughts tho, and I found some really good metas on tumblr. I'm ashamed I didn't notice this myself, but I was quite young and a real stan when I watched it.

Here are some links of my favourites; http://becausezutara...eta-master-list
http://araeph.tumblr...and-each-others
http://zuzusexytiems...d-why-i-started

There is a lot of to say about Zutara, and they had big potential. It makes me especially upset that Aang didn't understand Katara's consent or anger, as I had always viewed him as pure. I don't really pick sides on this debate as I'm not a shipper, and it isn't personal to me besides realizing I wasn't right about everything. But I think these texts are very valid and has a lot of truth. Kataang is really sweet in the comics tho, I must say!

And I get KA wasn't planned, but I don't think it's like NH. KA didn't have a big fanbase, people were mostly crackshipping it. I like that KA is like real life in a sense - in fiction, couples are made for eachother literally, and that has created this idea that there is one soulmate for everyone out there. But irl people just live their life and meet people, and one day meet someone who become special to them. I think Bryke made KA and then noticed they had chemistry. It was at the end of S3 I noticed that Asami stuck out from the rest of the team, and S4 consisted of hugs, complimenting eachothers' looks, secret letters, comforts, and blushing. Ignoring all of that is heteronormative because if it had been Mako everyone would think MK would get back together again.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users