I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

No she has actually not been given much screentime??

Anyhow, I asked you a question, I did not make a statement. My question was not rethorical. And I don't get why her dying for him is so unique. When she challenged Pain, other people had already died for him, when they ex. refused to tell of his location. Do they need to directly take bullet for him to count :ermm:

Of course I don't want her to be brushed aside, but there are other ways of resolving a character without answering all the questions. A smile in the end is enough for me, because we know that regardless of any romantic feelings for him, she simply wants to be by his side and right now she is.

Sorry.What you're saying now makes sense but I'm just saying that she died for him because of different reasons,which have been always present whenever she's present.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#222 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

The thing that suprises me is that this thread is still alive. I made it only because we were in a limbo state last year before the 631 rampage began, last year at this time, we were about done with the hashirama Madara backstory but here well, my opinion hasn't shifted much since making it, Kishi hasn't been ideal to hinata at all, I mean even today when we think sakura is done, well obito has a request for her apparently, guess what I can say is, we still have no idea what Kishi entails to do with hinata, he hasn't followed up on 615 really at all, yet sakura got time for going from simply listening and healing him, to making a speech, to unleashing her power, to summoning katsuyu, to working with tsunade, to helping keep naruto alive, now to obitos final request. A few things we expected, otherwise didn't anticipate kinda like today. I mean I was expecting sakura to just heal guy not have this extra speculatory event with obito.

Otherwise yeah Kishi just had hinata do minor support and trip since 615. So it's really hard to say, this is a reason I don't see any clarity with hinata,there will be resolution but just how Kishi handles it is an enigma. If he did intend to do nh, well hinata would be more plot device than character at this point and that's where I feel disheartened by her she is nothing but a potential convinent plot device for some other event it seems. Even if it was to be something fostering ns, it's not going to help her in the end. Kishi just didn't drag her out enough,

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#223 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Don't hate Hinata.Her constant obsession becomes annoying because of her shyness and fangirling but that is her one flaw.Hating her because of it is a waste of time.Even so she has become stronger and might be able to lead,even though there are much better fighters than her in the Hyuuga clan.And that's just her now.She could eventually grow out of her infatuation with Naruto and simply admire him.And besides as said earlier by someone else she has used his example of strength to get stronger to walk beside him,although she knows she can't.

I don`t hate her. I`m just facing facts. Maybe there`re just seem too critical  -_-

In reality, the worst thing about Hinata is definetely her fans. but that`s another topic for discussion.

Yep, she made some progress, still she can do better than this, I believe in that. ofc if she reelly aims to become stronger, setting this as top-priority, not "standing by Naruto-kun`s side, holding hand and admiring stuff" well, I`m a little bit wrong. Admiring is imporant, BUT everytime he inspires her to do her best, she actually MUST try to make on step closer to impove herself, not just making promises to herself or thinking about it. due to amount of feels she gets from Naruto`s acomplishments she should have already been al least more selfless, caring for others and practical. but she`s not.

Edited by Rakshasa, 17 April 2014 - 10:52 AM.

6c8623224615.gif     

#224 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

I don`t hate her. I`m just facing facts. Maybe there`re just seem too critical  -_-
In reality, the worst thing about Hinata is definetely her fans. but that`s another topic for discussion.
Yep, she made some progress, still she can do better than this, I believe in that. ofc if she reelly aims to become stronger, setting this as top-priority, not "standing by Naruto-kun`s side, holding hand and admiring stuff" well, I`m a little bit wrong. Admiring is imporant, BUT everytime he inspires her to do her best, she actually MUST try to make on step closer to impove herself, not just making promises to herself or thinking about it. due to amount of feels she gets from Naruto`s acomplishments she should have already been al least more selfless, caring for others and practical. but she`s not.

Do you just mean that she should learn to improve herself without always having Naruto inspire her?I agree with that.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#225 Shintaro

Shintaro

Chūnin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku. It's the only interest that matters, right?

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

I feel, like many of the people here, that Hinata will be the leader of her clan.

I mean, since the beginning, even her father didn't have much belief in her and chose to train Hanabi instead.

Of course, Naruto inspired her and made her who she is now, along with the hard work she put in.

So her becoming the leader of the Hyūga Clan would seem like a fitting place for her and her character.

I honestly have no problem with her character, and she has had development since she was introduced.

I do get why some may do though, and everyone's entitled to their opinion so it's fair.

I don't see her as a threat to the ship, so yeah...

This is what /I/ think will happen.   :pinch:

Edited by Shintaro, 22 April 2014 - 06:13 AM.

9aeeaa70bef1224593b74b15b5dc299e5668ee6d

#226 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

Has she ever really cared about being the head of her clan?

Her only real goal has been Naruto and gaining confidence. She succeded in getting the latter but is going to not get Naruto which ofcourse is gonna cause an uproar. This is what happens when you make a character like Hinata who spends 99% of her panel time thinking about her crush on the main character.

Edited by Pepsi, 22 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#227 Shintaro

Shintaro

Chūnin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku. It's the only interest that matters, right?

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

I'm not sure if Hinata's ever considered it, but I'm just guessing what would happen to her character and her 'fate'.

Unless Hanabi really is going to be the leader instead of her, I don't know. 

But on Hinata's 'love', it could be looked at two ways: admiration and well, affectionate.

It could be either one of those, or along with the both of them. Any way you want to look at it.

But whatever way you look at it, it's understandable. 

Edited by Shintaro, 22 April 2014 - 06:13 AM.

9aeeaa70bef1224593b74b15b5dc299e5668ee6d

#228 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Has she ever really cared about being the head of her clan?

Her only real goal has been Naruto and gaining confidence. She succeded in getting the latter but is going to not get Naruto which ofcourse is gonna cause an uproar. This is what happens when you make a character like Hinata who spends 99% of her panel time thinking about her crush on the main character.

Maybe being the head of her clan can be her next goal. Now that she has gained confidence she can reach towards being a good leader on her own, no longer relying on Naruto has her motivation but doing this on her own for herself and for her clan. 

If Naruto no longer is her goal because he has Sakura it is easy to see that behind the head of her clan might be her next goal. 

Not saying that is what is going to happen, but its within the realm of possibility. 

#229 Ariya

Ariya

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

What makes me so sad about this question is that if it was directed towards any other female in the manga the answer would be something like 'she works hard and achieves her dream'. But what is Hinata's dream? Being with Naruto.

When NaruSaku happens at the end she can't be with Naruto, so what's left?

The problem is, she could still have feelings for Naruto even if he does get together with Sakura. I mean, she's had feelings for him all this time knowing that his heart belonged to Sakura, and nothing that happened seemed to change that. The only thing that changes for Hinata when Sakura and Naruto get together is she has to work harder to get him to love her. There's really no other change. This is the guy who's been calling Sakura his girlfriend since we first met him, so her place in his heart wouldn't have moved at all, you know?

So the only way for Hinata to get closure and move on with her life without being in love with Naruto is... to get another guy/girl (I totally vote for girl) to love.

Which isn't an easy thing to do because she really hasn't interacted on a large scale with anyone besides Naruto and Neji and... Neji is dead....

So if she gets together with someone it'll be completely out of nowhere, with no canonical foreshadow or anything

(I know there are people who ship HinataxSasuke and HinataxKiba but there's like no evidence of either I can think of soo I'm ignoring both options)

In the end, the only way for Hinata to receive any sort of good ending is to stick her with someone else to love which is just such a shame  :ermm:  

If we could leave her by herself for her to realize that she doesn't need any kind of person to love/admire in order to grow as a character I would gladly pick that option, but she's been by herself in the time skip and didn't really have any revelations about that, not to mention, well, she's never really had Naruto either. Even after her confession the only contact she's really had with him is the hand-holding to pass chakra and grieve about Neji events. Their relationship has had very minimal progress and she's never thought about any personal growth without thinking about Naruto, so, I don't really trust her not to resort to him if she's left alone again .___.

Although, hopefully, if written well she could take over as head of her clan and undo those horrible laws they have without relying on anyone but herself, but that's very optimistic of me 

#230 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

I think Hinata would be perfectly fine with just being close friends with Naruto. I mean, she barely had that throughout the whole show. In the case of NS happening, Naruto would most definitely acknowledge Hinata a hell of a lot more, because of the many impressions she's currently made on him. And Hinata doesn't have to act like a fangirl as much anymore.

I think she would be perfectly happy with her life. She would never disrespect Sakura or Naruto for their decision, and the situation would be positive. If Naruto's happy, then she'll be happy. That's what love is, and Hinata knows this, but she keeps forgetting it. It would probably be a good wake up call, to where her morals REALLY lie.

And I honestly don't think she needs to be paired up with someone to be happy. I'm sure she'll find someone some day, but she doesn't have to. 

(But if it were up to me, I'd say she meet up with Sasuke and give him a good-heartfelt-Hinata-certified talk. In my opinion, someone like Hinata could totally make an impact on that guy's life xD Seriously Sasuke needs to find at least one girl that he can talk with, without them trying to get in his pants, or run away scared from him. I pick Hinata LOL I'm a SasuHina shipper xp)

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#231 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

But what if Kishi's set up is to actually let Hanabi be the clan leader so Hinata won't be bound by the ties of her clan so she can marry Naruto?

#232 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

If Hanabi becomes leader, I'm just gonna feel really bad for Hinata...

And I doubt that would be a very good set up, because Naruto's feelings have to also be taken for account. And who's to say he wants to jump into the business of Hyuuga clan issues? lol

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

#233 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

There's still the huge problem remaining that Naruto has no romantic interest in Hinata (atleast as of 631) on top of that NH wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense because unlike Sakura, Hinata has lacked actual moments that further imply a relationship

1. Hinata has never shared a scene with anyone in Naruto's family (Minato, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Sasuke, Konohamaru) Sakura has

2. Hinata had never supported Naruto's dream, Sakura has

3. Hinata has never been to Naruto's apartment, Sakura has

4. Hinata has never been on a date with Naruto, Sakura has

5. Minato assumed Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend and not Hinata despite what happened in the Pain arc

6. Hinata was not there when Naruto was dying, Sakura was

I can go on and on really.

If Hanabi becomes leader, I'm just gonna feel really bad for Hinata...

And I doubt that would be a very good set up, because Naruto's feelings have to also be taken for account. And who's to say he wants to jump into the business of Hyuuga clan issues? lol

To be fair Naruto did promise he would fix the Hyuga clan when he became hokage...but that was like....all the way back in the chunnin exam and it was a promise to Neji...whose dead, so whatever it's like it matters lol.

Edited by Pepsi, 10 June 2014 - 01:32 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#234 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

There's still the huge problem remaining that Naruto has no romantic interest in Hinata (atleast as of 631) on top of that NH wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense because unlike Sakura, Hinata has lacked actual moments that further imply a relationship

1. Hinata has never shared a scene with anyone in Naruto's family (Minato, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Sasuke, Konohamaru) Sakura has

2. Hinata had never supported Naruto's dream, Sakura has

3. Hinata has never been to Naruto's apartment, Sakura has

4. Hinata has never been on a date with Naruto, Sakura has

5. Minato assumed Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend and not Hinata despite what happened in the Pain arc

6. Hinata was not there when Naruto was dying, Sakura was

I can go on and on really.

To be fair Naruto did promise he would fix the Hyuga clan when he became hokage...but that was like....all the way back in the chunnin exam and it was a promise to Neji...whose dead, so whatever it's like it matters lol.

I think Neji's death will fix the Hyuga problems tbh.

#235 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Oh. Wow I forgot about that :o But he was kind of young back then. I highly doubt he actually knew what he'd be getting into. Naruto, crazy, hyperactive blonde, with prestigeous, well mannered, dudes with white eyes that see everything o_o

But I guess with an attitude like his, he could make a change with how their clan works. Honestly, I think Naruto and Hinata's relationship would probably have more depth, if they were just close friends - because they don't even have THAT. They just sort of have this understanding, that comrades have for each other.

You know. When I didn't catch up with the manga for a long while, and my friend told me out of the blue, that 'Neji died' I actually started laughing my head off. But then I read it and cried a lot xD I'm crazy

#236 Hiddlestoner

Hiddlestoner

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, procrastinating, Coffee,
    Tom Hiddleston, Beelzebub, Indie Music, Books

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

I hope Hinata would take this in a stride when narusaku comes and moves on. With acquiring naruto's love is now out of the question, she can now start focusing on becoming a better kunoichi which can help her gain the recognition from the hyuuga clan.

Or, kishi can paired her up with sasuke.  :lulz:

NaruSaku; Sasuhina; SasuKarin; OgaHilda; LokiNatasha; EnishiKaoru; IchiRuki

d21161ff597ca91989fc50b7b64eb588.jpg

#237 Kurama

Kurama

Unforgettable

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Heaven & Earth.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

She should just realize that Naruto loves Sakura, and get out of the way.

Edited by Kurama, 12 June 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#238 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

She should just realize that Naruto loves Sakura, and get out of the way.

Agreed.

#239 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

be the next hyuuga heir and dont even think about hanabi being the heir, she can wait...beside, want to see hinata being independent.. it would be cooler.

2ivn2tv.jpg

#240 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

twilight zone is here fate, she will unlock the door with the key of imagination, and cross over into the twlight zone lol

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users