64 replies to this topic

#41 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

It sounds like the Hinata > Shino thing was just a joke that got barely a minute's screen time. Not surprising they brought it up either, seeing as her feelings for Naruto are pretty much all her character is about nowadays (smh at kishi).

Can't be bothered to actually watch the episode - Team 8 is my least favorite team out of all possible teams across nations and past teams - I dislike Hinata (much more so in the anime where they basically make her into a perfect Mary Sue), and Shino completely bores me. Kiba is alright, but my general like for his character is by far overcome by my disinclination for the other two.

Plus, from everyone else's comments, its nothing special either. Just a basic filler episode.

So yea, anyone know when they plan on returning to canon material? Because Naruto and Bee's fight with Raikage is coming up next, and that should be awesome to see animated biggrin.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#42 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 14 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds like the Hinata > Shino thing was just a joke that got barely a minute's screen time. Not surprising they brought it up either, seeing as her feelings for Naruto are pretty much all her character is about nowadays (smh at kishi).

Can't be bothered to actually watch the episode - Team 8 is my least favorite team out of all possible teams across nations and past teams - I dislike Hinata (much more so in the anime where they basically make her into a perfect Mary Sue), and Shino completely bores me. Kiba is alright, but my general like for his character is by far overcome by my disinclination for the other two.

Plus, from everyone else's comments, its nothing special either. Just a basic filler episode.

So yea, anyone know when they plan on returning to canon material? Because Naruto and Bee's fight with Raikage is coming up next, and that should be awesome to see animated biggrin.gif

Pretty much this.

Team 8, judging by the manga, seems to be the least work. The only one that's keeping alive is Hinata but I guess you can thank to her popularity for that. I think Team 10 is the one Kishi fond the most, considering without Team 7 of course. Think about it. They have their arc, thanks to Shikamaru. In this war arc, once again, Team 10 gets another big moment, only this time it's highly effective on Chouji. Team Gai is second place, thanks to Gai. Even in war arc, it seems they get a lot of cool moments. TenTen wield that secret weapon, Neji is Neji, who kicks butt, not to mention he was part of Rescue Sasuke Team and Lee has tons of charisma. Gai is keeping it up, especially in the latest development. So yeah, it seems Team 8 got the least work. I guess it's good that they get something, even if it's filler. After all, they didn't do much in Search Itachi Arc. I guess anime studio felt sorry.

#43 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Sep 14 2012, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much this.

Team 8, judging by the manga, seems to be the least work. The only one that's keeping alive is Hinata but I guess you can thank to her popularity for that. I think Team 10 is the one Kishi fond the most, considering without Team 7 of course. Think about it. They have their arc, thanks to Shikamaru. In this war arc, once again, Team 10 gets another big moment, only this time it's highly effective on Chouji. Team Gai is second place, thanks to Gai. Even in war arc, it seems they get a lot of cool moments. TenTen wield that secret weapon, Neji is Neji, who kicks butt, not to mention he was part of Rescue Sasuke Team and Lee has tons of charisma. Gai is keeping it up, especially in the latest development. So yeah, it seems Team 8 got the least work. I guess it's good that they get something, even if it's filler. After all, they didn't do much in Search Itachi Arc. I guess anime studio felt sorry.

They never do much in the entire series, including Hinata. That's why they are my least favorite team, that and we HARDLY GET TO SEE THEM AS A TEAM OUTSIDE OF FILLER. They are the team where the individual members have done more individually than as a team (outside of maybe Team 7, but even then they still did things as a team). Kiba had his match with Naruto, and was latter part of the rescue Sasuke team. Shino had that fight with........that puppet guy who's name I could never remember............ Hinata had her confession, and her fight with Neji.

At least we got to see a lot of Team 10 bond in the manga, and the Rock Lee SD shows plenty of Team Gai goodness.

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never do much in the entire series, including Hinata. That's why they are my least favorite team, that and we HARDLY GET TO SEE THEM AS A TEAM OUTSIDE OF FILLER. They are the team where the individual members have done more individually than as a team (outside of maybe Team 7, but even then they still did things as a team). Kiba had his match with Naruto, and was latter part of the rescue Sasuke team. Shino had that fight with........that puppet guy who's name I could never remember............ Hinata had her confession, and her fight with Neji.

At least we got to see a lot of Team 10 bond in the manga, and the Rock Lee SD shows plenty of Team Gai goodness.

This.

Thanks to Hinata, Team 8 gets more screentime in the anime. Then again, it's usually on her. Ah well. We still got a lot of NS fanservice, so whatever.

#45 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

There is a reason Team 8 is sometimes derogatorily called Team Filler. Most of their screentime has been in anime filler.

After Team 7, Team 10 is clearly the next most important and developed team. They have a semi-main character in Shikamaru who starred in his own coming of age arc and then Kishi showcased their bonds and teamwork during the war. Even giving Choiji some major spotlight. Considering how Choji is by far the least popular of the K12, it shows you how much Kishi likes this team.

Then it is Team Gai, but mostly because of Gai now. Neji and Lee have lost a lot of their importance as the series has progressed. And Tenten never got development to begin with. Of course they have the Rock Lee SD which also showcases the other K12 kids.

Then it is Team 8 who never seemed that close to begin with and are now overshadowed by Hinata's crush on the main character. Kishi has never done anything with Shino and Kiba has become a minor comic relief character. Even their sensei had a very tenuous connection to them and seems more tied to Team 10 now.

Oh, Naruto Shippuden 282 is a return to canon. Two more filler.

#46 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Team filler describes them to a T and I wish I could say that it was a tragedy and that it bothered me but I can't, they just aren't interesting to me, all of them are vapid and bland in personality.
Even within the Chunin Exam Arc when they were introduced they didn't get to do anything of value, Kiba was kind of a rival for Naruto but outside of a few passing mentions that never amounted to anything, Shino had a brief (very brief) rivalry with Kankuro which has never been brought up again and Hinata could have been an interesting foil to Neji, someone who represented a different ideology to him but instead that role fell to Naruto and Hinata just became a tool to develop Naruto's character.

Apparently Kurenai is to Hinata what Asuma was to Shikamaru or Guy is to Lee but we have never seen that, and Kurenai now has more of a connection to Shikamaru then she ever had to her own team, in a way he stole all importance that Team 8 could have had, not that I'm complaining seeing as Shikamaru is my favourite character.

If you think about it all of the Rookie Teams have had an arc in Part 2 where they play the secondary role. Team Guy had the Rescue the Kazekage arc, Team 10 had the Hidan and Kakuzu arc (and Shikamaru had the starring role) and Team 8 had the Itachi Pursuit arc but unlike the other 2 they are by far the least important part of that arc.

I guess thats one thing that the anime does try and give importance to minor characters, even if they over do it with Hinata (not Team 8 just Hinata).

As for the episode, meh, standard filler episode, some interesting concepts and expands upon some ideas presented in the manga but just kind of empty.

Edited by neoshadow, 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#47 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Team 8=Team B. That's all I have to say.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#48 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif /\ 111189.gif

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Team 10 does seem to be the most developed team besides Team 7. Not to mention, Kishi seems to fond this one the most. I do think this is proof that Kishi doesn't care for popularity when he made a development for Chouji. That's a great sign because the last sign I need is him following fans. He can please them but don't take their story and becomes yours.

Neoshadow said it nicely. I agree with it. Funny, I do believe Team 10 got two manga volume since part 2 started. Somebody got favored a lot. Anyway, I'm happy that Team 10 got the most development, because I do like Shikamaru and I find Chouji to be underrated character. As for Ino, well she gets development as a team, so that's cool enough. Hm, now I think about it, they even got more role in Pain Invasion arc. Chouji was with Kakashi and reported on Pain; Ino was with Shizune and witnessed her death for a short while; Shikamaru was searching for the answer for Jiraiya's hidden message. Funny. Imagine that.

#50 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Why did people get upset because of Shino's comment of Hinata loving Naruto? He was clearly just teasing her, wasn't he?

So it seems Yamato knows little secrets about members of the alliance. Maybe getting secrets is a hobby of his. laugh.gif I'm glad Yamato got brought up again, too bad that in the manga they seem to have forgoten about him.

#51 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

To be honest, you can't really determine whether Shino was joking or not considering his poker face and all.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#52 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Sep 15 2012, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did people get upset because of Shino's comment of Hinata loving Naruto? He was clearly just teasing her, wasn't he?

So it seems Yamato knows little secrets about members of the alliance. Maybe getting secrets is a hobby of his. laugh.gif I'm glad Yamato got brought up again, too bad that in the manga they seem to have forgoten about him.

TBH its always the same Hinata/naruto love moment then nxt filler its a Naruto/sakura love moment its getting pretty predictable.

#53 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Episode sucked, nuff said

#54 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 15 2012, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, you can't really determine whether Shino was joking or not considering his poker face and all.

LOL He was clearly joking just to tease her like Kiba did. a comment like that can not be taken serious.

Edited by Living Lavish, 16 September 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#55 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

You guys sure do overreact to such little things...

#56 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 17 2012, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys sure do overreact to such little things...

*shrug* That line just got to me because it was just such blatant...stupidity.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Sep 17 2012, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's Pierot big time Hinata fan boys what would you expect? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 September 2012 - 04:49 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Sep 17 2012, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not the first time dude, Minato Stalker is in first place.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#59 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 17 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Pierot big time Hinata fan boys what would you expect? rolleyes.gif

Still not that great that pierot is a hinata fan tongue.gif or is it ?

#60 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Sep 17 2012, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just ignore it, it's anime and even worse, filler so it's not canon. I still liked this episode. Hinata loves Naruto, that's something we've all known. It wasn't even the basis of this episode so why mention it so much? It was just Kiba and Shino teasing her.

And it's odd too because when Hinata gets some fanservice ya'll bash the anime team but when they gave us Narutos confession about Sakura you guys were jumping for joy. sleep.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users