Close
Photo

Sonic Boom: The gang is here for some "Booming" Comedy!

sonic MLP sega

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Source: http://www.tssznews....c-boom-cartoon/

I don't know if I'm excited or worried for the fact that My Little Pony writers are creating a new cartoon starring Sonic the Hedgehog and friends. However, this is confirmed.

So far, Sonic and his friends: Tails, Knuckles and Amy, are starring in this new cartoon, gearing towards comedy, sort like MLP: Friendship is Magic and possibly Teen Titans Go!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I hope they'll have it in the vein of Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog, but with a bit more smart humor although it won't be anything like Sonic SatAM was.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#3 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, not enough info to make an opinion just yet, so I'll wait and see.

Granted, I've longed for a new Sonic series since Sonic X ended.

But, for anyone who might be worrying about the prospect of a TTG/MLP -esque Sonic series, Dave Polsky is the only writer mentioned so far, so I'm sure the style or theme of this series won't be just based around the ideas of one man. I'm all for comedy, as long as some action and drama is added to the mix, but lighthearted overall.

I just hope a certain character among the ones mentioned doesn't end up becoming the show's designated Butt Monkey.

Edited by Quinny52, 16 June 2013 - 09:33 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#4 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Sounds like people are taking notice of the success Teen Titans has had being revived as a comedy centric series.

I'm down to see what they're cooking up.

I hope they'll have it in the vein of Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog, but with a bit more smart humor although it won't be anything like Sonic SatAM was.

That's not a bad thing; without the nostalgia goggles Sonic SatAM isn't that great.

Sadly, that's something I've found true among quite a few childhood favorites. The 80's Turtles really let me down in adulthood. I remembered it being so much better than it is.

I just hope a certain character among the ones mentioned doesn't end up becoming the show's designated Butt Monkey.

Knuckles is tricked by Eggman like every episode.

... Don't look at me like that, it's totally canon that Knuckles is gullible as hell.

Edited by dl316bh, 16 June 2013 - 09:37 PM.

bd5.jpg

#5 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

I've watched a few eps of TTG to get a feel for the possible vibe this series may have. It's funny no doubt, though it's aimed more towards younger kids than teens. Still, I've got an idea now of what we might expect.

@dl316bh

Edited by Quinny52, 16 June 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

The funny thing about Knuckles' gullibility is that which brings dl316bh's post, that it is part of his character.

But then the trait went overboard in Sonic X, in which many fans saw. Especially during the Metalrex Saga. My goodness, Knux was definitely "Butt Monkey".  The only thing is this trait wasn't (thank God) touch that much in the Archie series.

But I want everyone's traits and flaws come up in this show. Even if we see Shadow, I want to see something funny about him that can certain create mad facepalms from his diehard fangirls/boys. (And I like Shadow too, it's just his popularity needs to tone down).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#7 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

I kinda hope that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman (assuming that he's going to appear at all) aren't the only characters that will appear on this show. 

Perhaps the other characters (such as Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Metal Sonic for example) will make an appearance as side characters or at the very least make some cameos. 

Here's an idea, what if this show does the honor of bringing back obscure video game characters from the 90's such as Fang, Bean, Bark, Ray and Mighty?  :smug:

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Here's an idea, what if this show does the honor of bringing back obscure video game characters from the 90's such as Fang, Bean, Bark, Ray and Mighty?  :smug:

Before they come back on air, they need to come back in the games first.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

I guess it would be too much to ask Sega if we could have a series based on the Archie version of Sonic since I think the story lines are quite good and they could possibly adapt it into a good series, but I guess that will never happen for obvious reasons.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

I guess it would be too much to ask Sega if we could have a series based on the Archie version of Sonic since I think the story lines are quite good and they could possibly adapt it into a good series, but I guess that will never happen for obvious reasons.

I want a game first from the comic books (no rpgs though), then a show based on it. But yeah, because obvious reasons and recent events, its wishful thinking.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#11 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

As others have stated it's too soon to say much about this, but anything is better then this....

Sorry if some people were fans of this version but for me it was an insult, it never came close to Sonic SATAM Even Sonic underground was better then this! I didn't mind Sonic X either, but I never saw enough of it. I don't mind MLP and even though I haven't seen the new Teen titans Go I've heard good things. So with that said I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. 

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#12 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Perhaps the other characters (such as Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Metal Sonic for example) will make an appearance as side characters or at the very least make some cameos.

Metal Sonic, I'm down for, but the other "friends" I'd be perfectly alright with never seeing again.

Ugh, god. I'm so over the Archie guys. I'm happy they've never brought them out of Archie.

bd5.jpg

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Ugh, god. I'm so over the Archie guys. I'm happy they've never brought them out of Archie.

Unlike you, I only want 2-3 characters bought out of Archie because they can actually fit in the SegaSonic canoncity. And no, Sally and the Freedom Fighters are not on the list. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

#14 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Unlike you, I only want 2-3 characters bought out of Archie because they can actually fit in the SegaSonic canoncity. And no, Sally and the Freedom Fighters are not on the list. 

Mighty and Ray? Julie-su? Uncle Chuck? Dr. Finitevus? (the main series is lacking in echidnas) Ixis Naugus? Mammoth Mogul? ... Snively, even?

Who did you have in mind?

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Mighty and Ray? Julie-su? Uncle Chuck? Dr. Finitevus? (the main series is lacking in echidnas) Ixis Naugus? Mammoth Mogul? ... Snively, even?

Who did you have in mind?

Mighty and Ray are already SegaSonic characters so the only thing is that SEGA needs to bring them back properly.

*ding ding* You got the two right! Julie-Su and Dr. Finitevus!

Since Chronicles is considered non-canon, those are my two choices and I have a third character who came out recently. First, let me explain for the two:

Dr. Finitevus: Its not the reason the main series is lacking echidnas, its that its lacking recurring villains. We need another villain that can bring a proper threat similar to Eggman and Finitevus is a good choice. He's crazy! Not only archenemy for Knuckles but one of the crazy villains that you know Sonic and the others can't turn their backs away when he's around. Plus he has great abilities, including ring teleportation technology, something that has little to no information about it in the games.

Julie-Su: Yes, I know, she's part of Ken Penders' creations... but here me out on this. Out of all of the characters Ken created in the Archie comics, Julie has the most connections/relationships with the SegaSonic characters. And one major thing that the SegaSonic cast lacks is a very tomboyish girl. Amy was about to be this back in the day, but she was retcon to girly-girl. Cream, Tikal and Rouge can't fit into this category. People may say Blaze is one, but I think she isn't because she does have some femine qualities, although she's more reserved. And Marine... well... she just talk alot XD (F*** Wave, even though she is Sakura VA's from both English and Japanese).

As for relationships: she has a rivalry with Rouge, friendship/enemy relationship with Vector (though sometimes it doesn't make any sense), knows the Chaotix, get along well with Sonic, and (this one would've work if Ken left the comics alone and moved on, instead being an ass to start a stupid mess that can mess up the Archie/Sega relationship) a sort-of "big sister" relationship with Amy. And of course, love interest for Knuckles. (Sega can follow something like SNK Playmore's King of Fighters series: As Sonic and Amy is similar to Mai and Andy's relationship, Knuckles and Julie-Su can be like Ryo and King: shy, but they both know they are interested in each other, they just don't want to push it further).

Presentations, design, background, personality and impact notes: I know many of you guys will say Shade is better. Unfortunately, I have cons about her and we are not sure if Sega/Sonic Team will continue Chronicles. I'm going to save the Compare and Contrast of Julie-Su and Shade in a later date. But let me get to Julie..

Julie have the looks of a SegaSonic character, even though many will say "she's a pink Knuckles with hair". Only things she needs are pants and less cybernetics (because many artists are inconsistent with her design, add more cybernetics or less; hair is different, etc). Abilities-wise, she's fine as she is because she's a soldier. Of course, she has a gun but that thing has stuff that can be consider if she was part in the SegaSonic games (imagine if Knuckles has a recent starring role in a game and Julie-Su is playable, I can picture her playing similar to the Lego Star Wars' shooter characters). 

Now the only thing is that Julie-Su needs a background change. I'm thinking she's part of echidna group similar to the Dark Legion, except for this tibits: no relatives or family members (as in don't give her strong connections towards OCs that might be relevant in the future), and instead being a basic soldier, give her more abilities that can make her considered to be "deadly" in the battlefield. And if possible, make her at least unique by giving her a last name, since Tails and Amy are the only characters with last names instead of being "The Fox" or "Hedgehog".

And this can go well if they add my third choice: Thrash the Tasmanian Devil

Thrash is new but he's unique and looks like an exclusive-Archie character created by Sega that needs to be in the next Sonic-spinoff. Plus, his species is endangered, so this background can work well for him. Imagine this:tasmanian devils and possibly other echidnas are near extinct because there were previous dangerous conflicts. So this can help some plotholes on what made Knuckles nearly the last of the echidnas (I really want to say, Last of the Knuckles Clan, but I don't know what's on SEGA's minds).

So those are my picks. Potential characters that can make the series much more interesting (instead of adding more on Shadow, time travels and alternative dimensions).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#16 Ex-psych75

Ex-psych75

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wonder how many references they'll make to recent games.

"Hey Sonic, tell us a scary story"

"Okay, this one's called sonic 06...."

tumblr_inline_miqm96XVxj1qz4rgp.gif

#17 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Julie-Su could work, but if there was ever a shot of it happening I think it's dead now, due to all the Ken Penders legal battles.

bd5.jpg

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Julie-Su could work, but if there was ever a shot of it happening I think it's dead now, due to all the Ken Penders legal battles.

We will know for sure if all of those characters are coming back or not (and the legal mess) when the comics finish the Worlds Collide crossover. I believe after September, we will hear the fateful news.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#19 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

@Derock Julie-Su, honestly, would probably be a better character in an action-based series, like SatAm. She probably wouldn't bring much to the table in a comedic series.

I'm really excited for this! A comedic Sonic series sounds like it has a lot of potential!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

@Derock Julie-Su, honestly, would probably be a better character in an action-based series, like SatAm. She probably wouldn't bring much to the table in a comedic series.

I'm really excited for this! A comedic Sonic series sounds like it has a lot of potential!

Well, the topic was which Archie Sonic character(s) can fit in the SegaSonic canoncity. Now if they are added in this new show that is based on comedy, shows like Teen Titans Go! and Rock Lee's spin-off did poke or make fun of serious characters and this isn't any exception if Julie-Su (they can make her Tsundere on Knuckles for laughs as an example), Sally or any other character was added in.

Hell, you think Shadow, out of all of the Sonic characters, will escape from this, even if he's not intergreted into the main cast?

latest?cb=20140126021943

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonic, MLP, sega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users