• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

Official thread for all things summer Olympics! Go Team USA and Germany!

Opening ceremonies are on now!  :happy:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

This is all there is about these accursed games:

All of you should see this. Rather then invest public money to improve security, education and improve the lives of honest poor people, our worthless, accursed country wastes all of it in a meaningless sports event.

I'm ashamed of being Brazilian, and this country is hell.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

There certainly have been some issues revolving around the city, that's for sure.

So right now, U.S. stands with five medals, one gold and four silvers. China, meanwhile has six, one gold, two silver and three bronze. Australia has two golds right now and one bronze. The home country only has one so far, with one silver. Japan also has five, one gold, four bronze.

Did anybody catch USA vs France yesterday, was a really tight game and America won, but France controlled the pace for a while. On the court USA had a good start, beating China by nearly 50 points.

I think Phelps is swimming tonight, looking forward to see what he can do this time around.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:07 AM

How was the opening? I missed it cause I can't use this darn TV I have here :cuss:

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 September 2016 - 02:51 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:12 AM

How was the opening? I missed it caucse I can't use this darn TV I have here  :cuss:

It was alright. There were some good music pieces. I've always enjoyed the parade of nations more, though. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the Olympic cauldron this year.

Medal count at the end of today

CpeDnl6WAAAZjxR.jpg

Phelps showed again tonight why I think he's the greatest Olympian. Yes, I understand the sport of swimming allows an athlete to rack up more medals. However, also look at Phelps' consistency, this is his fifth time qualifying for the Olympics and his fourth where he's earned multiple medals with the majority of them being gold.

Another great story this Olympics is Katie Ledecky, she is unreal. I can't believe how well she's able to compete with the rest of the athletes, she's completely dominant.

On the other side of the spectrum, it was kind of disappointing seeing Missy Franklin finish so far behind after what she did in 2012. Hopefully she can turn it around in the backstroke.

As for team sports, USA basketball plays tomorrow and will likely rack up another win, not much tension in the early games lol.

I'm also glad to see Germany earning a couple medals now. I have mostly German heritage so it's great seeing that country earn hardware, too.

Edited by Lid, 10 August 2016 - 04:13 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

I've been watching Phelps for the pass five Olympics and all I have to say that guy is a monster.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

Well Olympics are all wrapped up, and USA finished ahead in the medal count. here's the final tally:

CqaZv6FWAAAzFre.jpg

I think some of the most memorable moments were Phelps and Bolt of course, as well as Katie Ledecky and the U.S. gymnastics team. Was also great seeing the land of my heritage, Germany haul in some medals too, especially in rowing. Talk about a tough sport! Only disappointing thing was Missy Franklin, hopefully she comes back in 2020 and wins some medals again.

One odd thing was the U.S. basketball team, they had a bunch of close games, but today won by nearly 40. I guess it just took Coach K a while longer to get them fully in sync.

And in case you're wondering what's coming up next time, 2020 is in Tokyo. Here's how the Japanese Prime Minister introduced himself

CqbWOwrWcAApNUv.jpg

Warp pipe on to the next Olympics! XD

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#8 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Yes, I enjoyed lots of the competition. Lots of sportsmanship were beautifully depicted by athletes.

My colleagues in Japan said there's some German athlete which resembles one of the sailor moon characters. She became netizen's favorite it seems. Haha.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users