• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

Do you watch ESPN 30 for 30? If so what's your favorite? My favorite is June 17th 1994 where they showed the day of the bronco chase while the NBA finals were playing and other sport events happened. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#2 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

Love ESPN 30 for 30, great series that explores a lot of depth in the sports world.

Favorites include:
  • The Pony Express: Great look at the whole SMU scandal and the death penalty
  • Catching Hell: The crazy events that happened with Steve Bartman, maybe the best of the series.
  • The Fab Five: The great look at how Michigan recruited one of the best classes, and then it all went to hell anyways.
  • The Marinovich Project: An interesting look at what can happen with "sports parents."
  • Broke: I thought this one was an interesting look at how quickly the money can dry up from those contracts.
  • Survive and Advance: How can you not love this one, the NC State underdog story.
  • Youngstown Boys: A great contrast look at the Ohio State figures Jim Tressel and Maurice Clarett
  • Bad Boys: Fun look at the physical Pistons teams in the late 80s.
  • Trojan War: Great watching the Trojans era and how it came down after that game vs UT

Then, there are the two that I can't stand at all, The U and The U Part 2. Seriously, the first was a two hour love fest with the Miami Canes and the "sequel" was just a repeat, showing teams from the early 2000s and then going woe is me when the program started to falter around 2005.

I get that there was a lot that happened around the Miami football program, but those two docs just made it look like it was the most valuable college football team in the whole United States when there are a TON of other notable teams with great stories.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Love ESPN 30 for 30, great series that explores a lot of depth in the sports world.

Favorites include:
  • The Pony Express: Great look at the whole SMU scandal and the death penalty
  • Catching Hell: The crazy events that happened with Steve Bartman, maybe the best of the series.
  • The Fab Five: The great look at how Michigan recruited one of the best classes, and then it all went to hell anyways.
  • The Marinovich Project: An interesting look at what can happen with "sports parents."
  • Broke: I thought this one was an interesting look at how quickly the money can dry up from those contracts.
  • Survive and Advance: How can you not love this one, the NC State underdog story.
  • Youngstown Boys: A great contrast look at the Ohio State figures Jim Tressel and Maurice Clarett
  • Bad Boys: Fun look at the physical Pistons teams in the late 80s.
  • Trojan War: Great watching the Trojans era and how it came down after that game vs UT

Then, there are the two that I can't stand at all, The U and The U Part 2. Seriously, the first was a two hour love fest with the Miami Canes and the "sequel" was just a repeat, showing teams from the early 2000s and then going woe is me when the program started to falter around 2005.

I get that there was a lot that happened around the Miami football program, but those two docs just made it look like it was the most valuable college football team in the whole United States when there are a TON of other notable teams with great stories.

Which great s[prts story would you like to see next?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:25 AM

A couple that I think could work is one about Michael Phelps getting eight gold medals, another would be last year's triple crown winner.

I also think that it would be cool seeing one explore the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight, the build up, the money, the fight itself and the aftermath.

I think in the coming years we will get one about Lebron going to Miami and back and another one about Johnny Manziel.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

The Duke Lacrosse 30 for 30 was good. The irony in ESPN airing it was real though.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#6 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

The Duke Lacrosse 30 for 30 was good. The irony in ESPN airing it was real though.

I absolutely loved that one. It really showed how much of a downfall media and journalism has taken in the last twenty or so years. The fact that so many of the world's best journalists and reporters were fooled and bamboozled is so disconcerting, especially to me since I wanted to be a journalist. It also highlighted a major issue with society today, that people are considered guilty before being found innocent, instead of innocent until proven guilty. 

#7 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:16 AM

I absolutely loved that one. It really showed how much of a downfall media and journalism has taken in the last twenty or so years. 

We're not all bad.  :sweatdrop:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#8 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

30 for 30 is the only good thing Bill Simmons did for ESPN in the last 5 years. 

I dig most of them. There was a stretch where they tried to do them like, weekly, and the quality plummeted. But they're back to being good and infrequent.

The Bad Boy Pistons once was excellent, as was the recent one on the Magic. I'm generally predisposed to like the basketball ones.

#9 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

BTW, if you haven't seen the 30 for 30 about Space Jam, watch it now:

https://www.yahoo.co...-155008766.html

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#10 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

I hope they do a Kentucky one someday.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#11 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:50 AM

We're not all bad.  :sweatdrop:

I was an aspiring journalist that ended up going the communications route due to grades. But I still try and act like a journalist when doing videos or producing stuff. Still, journalists are the second most hated professionals behind only lawyers. 

#12 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

Did anyone watch OJ made in America?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#13 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

BELIEVELAAND :D

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#14 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

I absolutely loved that one. It really showed how much of a downfall media and journalism has taken in the last twenty or so years. The fact that so many of the world's best journalists and reporters were fooled and bamboozled is so disconcerting, especially to me since I wanted to be a journalist. It also highlighted a major issue with society today, that people are considered guilty before being found innocent, instead of innocent until proven guilty.

I found it really interesting considering that ESPN was one of the main perpetrators in the slander of the Duke kids. Their lives were destroyed for ratings, because of ratings. It's funny, because in the film, they said that only one reporter even bothered apologizing. The irony being that ESPN creates this story about journalism ruining these boys, and yet they seemingly glosses over the fact that they too were a huge part of the problem. They didn't even apologize themselves.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users