Naruto Boruto anime Next Generation Studio Pierriot

• Please log in to reply
3333 replies to this topic

#2961 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:05 AM

Guys... there is a rumor going on from a Facebook friend of mine:

Toonami

I'm so hoping this is true.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2962 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

Toonami

Naruto, Boruto or both?

#2963 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:26 AM

Naruto, Boruto or both?

*I highlighted the answer in bold*.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#2964 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:15 AM

Fingers crossed! :smile:

The byakugan was so under-explored in Naruto they are pretty much able to make any excuse because other than gut feeling on how it should be their nothing really to contradict it; unless their is something in the databook.

Flanderization was more common in that, but the thing the resulted from it was the anime was able to take control of the story. You don't think they want to do that with Boruto?

To be honest the monthly wait for each chapter would be what turns me off recommending the manga to someone that honestly wants to read it. I would have stopped the summaries all together if I had to wait a month to do a summary of chapter 37. The anime is at least weekly and once you watch one or two episodes at best arcs you know what you're getting.

Yeah fair point. Still the manga at least moves along with its story as you say

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2965 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:54 PM

Toonami

If this truly does happens,  I will scream with joy.  There are far better anime to occupy that slot than someone's animated fanfiction. It will also reverberate as a huge wake-up call to the NaruHina community within SP that the international popularity that Naruto used to have is gone and Boruto is not profiting from its fumes.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#2966 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:59 PM

If this truly does happens,  I will scream with joy.  There are far better anime to occupy that slot than someone's animated fanfiction. It will also reverberate as a huge wake-up call to the NaruHina community within SP that the international popularity that Naruto used to have is gone and Boruto is not profiting from its fumes.

Exactly. Besides Pokemon, Dragonball and JoJo, the current popular series over here in the US is My Hero Academia, (now if only Bandai Namco sees this and treat it like Dragonball). I will check with my Facebook friend, so I'm praying for it.  If it is:

giphy.gif

EDIT:  It is OFFICIAL!!! :dance: :boogie:

latest?cb=20140126021943

#2967 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:15 AM

I guess Boruto wasn't too popular with their viewers. Big nH/SS fans would want to watch something new they would watch it on cruchyroll with the subs or pirate it. If some are watching adult swim than they are watching it for the dubs so some of the viewers may not know how Naruto ended. Doubtful, but still. Also, that means they are hearing how Boruto sound in English. So they don't have the filter of another language to suppress the annoyance:

https://www.youtube....h?v=7rczCF05O2Y

I think SP and Shueisha already know this to an extent but if CN really stop showing it more importantly stops paying for the distribution rights than that's going to hit them hard. Since, that is why Boruto exist.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 October 2019 - 12:17 AM.

#2968 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

Exactly. Besides Pokemon, Dragonball and JoJo, the current popular series over here in the US is My Hero Academia, (now if only Bandai Namco sees this and treat it like Dragonball). I will check with my Facebook friend, so I'm praying for it.  If it is:

It felt appropriate. :thumb:

Edited by Kagomaru, 20 October 2019 - 02:15 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#2969 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:15 AM

Again, that is both a gut feeling and an assumption based on logic. However, if it was not clarified in the story or the databooks. It is with in their right to make it work like they are doing...no matter how stupid it is.

According to Kishimoto in the third databook, if an Uchiha and a Hyuga were to have a baby together, they would be born with 1 Sharingan and 1 Byakugan. This is kind of affirming it is a genetic trait.

You also have to put forth that the Byakugan is listed as a kekkei genkai in the databooks as well which literally means "Bloodline limit" or "only people who have it in their bloodline." All Hyuga are born with the same type of white eye in a deactivated state so they can see normally. It is only when they activate the eye is when they see the special sight of it.

You also have to remember that the Byakugan can be transplanted to another person like what Ao did and he could use it when he put chakra into it. While not as taxing as the Sharingan like Kakashi, this does show that even a non-Hyuga can turn the Byakugan on and off at will unlike Kakashi and his Sharingan at the time.

This...however...means nothing when looking at Boruto, the Light Novels, and anime, and movies.
The rules changed in them and they allowed it all to change based on what they needed it to be. Especially when Kishimoto "forgot" to give it to Boruto and Himawari and then "corrected" that mistake. And they do call it a mistake.

So, simply putting 2+2 together, it is safe to assume that the Byakugan originally was not something that turns "on and off" like the Sharingan doe, but rather grant different vision based on how much chakra funneled in it. That is until retcons went rampant.

The whiskers is still the BIGGEST BS I have ever seen. Especially when Boruto and Himawari only get two instead of three.
The Gold and Silver Brothers got three whiskers from eating the stomach lining of Kurama gained them three whiskers like Naruto. Naruto was exposed to the chakra since conception which means his genetics was altered by the chakra.

The genetics in this one makes no sense.
Some people say that it depends on how much exposure you have to Kurama's chakra with Naruto and the Brothers having direct exposure. Boruto and Himawari have only 2 because "they only got a little exposure and if they had kids, then they would have only 1 whisker." However, then Tsunade and Kawaki should have one whisker by that logic since Mito was the Jinchuurki and her baby, Tsunade and Kawaki's parent, should have two whiskers, but they don't.

It makes NO SENSE. Kishimoto can't even get basic genetics right.

Also, people want to play this game of "well, Salad has super strength and might get the forehead seal so that proves she is Sakura's kid," but the super strength and seal are more of a Fūinjutsu and NOT Kekkei Genkai. If that were the case, then is Sakura Tsunade's daughter?

Not even the Naruto fandom can make sense of genetics and just make up whatever to "prove that these kids belong to these people."

Kekkei Genkai are apparently NOT passed down by blood or can be diluted even though this never happened before until now.
Non-Kekkei Genkai are NOW passed down genetically.

What wonderful logic we live in.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2970 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

According to Kishimoto in the third databook, if an Uchiha and a Hyuga were to have a baby together, they would be born with 1 Sharingan and 1 Byakugan. This is kind of affirming it is a genetic trait.
You also have to put forth that the Byakugan is listed as a kekkei genkai in the databooks as well which literally means "Bloodline limit" or "only people who have it in their bloodline." All Hyuga are born with the same type of white eye in a deactivated state so they can see normally. It is only when they activate the eye is when they see the special sight of it.
You also have to remember that the Byakugan can be transplanted to another person like what Ao did and he could use it when he put chakra into it. While not as taxing as the Sharingan like Kakashi, this does show that even a non-Hyuga can turn the Byakugan on and off at will unlike Kakashi and his Sharingan at the time.
This...however...means nothing when looking at Boruto, the Light Novels, and anime, and movies.
The rules changed in them and they allowed it all to change based on what they needed it to be. Especially when Kishimoto "forgot" to give it to Boruto and Himawari and then "corrected" that mistake. And they do call it a mistake.
So, simply putting 2+2 together, it is safe to assume that the Byakugan originally was not something that turns "on and off" like the Sharingan doe, but rather grant different vision based on how much chakra funneled in it. That is until retcons went rampant.
The whiskers is still the BIGGEST BS I have ever seen. Especially when Boruto and Himawari only get two instead of three.
The Gold and Silver Brothers got three whiskers from eating the stomach lining of Kurama gained them three whiskers like Naruto. Naruto was exposed to the chakra since conception which means his genetics was altered by the chakra.
Some people say that it depends on how much exposure you have to Kurama's chakra with Naruto and the Brothers having direct exposure. Boruto and Himawari have only 2 because "they only got a little exposure and if they had kids, then they would have only 1 whisker." However, then Tsunade and Kawaki should have one whisker by that logic since Mito was the Jinchuurki and her baby, Tsunade and Kawaki's parent, should have two whiskers, but they don't.
Also, people want to play this game of "well, Salad has super strength and might get the forehead seal so that proves she is Sakura's kid," but the super strength and seal are more of a Fūinjutsu and NOT Kekkei Genkai. If that were the case, then is Sakura Tsunade's daughter?
Not even the Naruto fandom can make sense of genetics and just make up whatever to "prove that these kids belong to these people."
Kekkei Genkai are apparently NOT passed down by blood or can be diluted even though this never happened before until now.

Actually James Sakura would have to be tsunade grandaughter and one for her parents be tsunade kid given the huge age gap between Sakura and tsunade and we know tsunade never had any kids though that could be retconned to.
I'm remembering that post credit scene in the last with those pictures that had bolt and himawari as babies I think they had the whisker mark then to which would be impossible since they'd be in hinata and I doubt that's how that works unless kurama did something to Naruto semen when he and hinata boned.

#2971 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Did you hear about Moegi gaining wood style? :zaru:  Was that a thing or did I remember wrong?

#2972 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

Did you hear about Moegi gaining wood style? :zaru:  Was that a thing or did I remember wrong?

No. That's correct, that was information from the first Boruto databook I think. It was just something to give her to make her stand out. In all honestly, Asuma's daughter should have been that team's captain.

#2973 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

so kekkei genkai being limited to a clan's blood line is B*** S***, or are they saying Moegi descended from Hashirama? if it is the latter than that is a retcon of Tsunade being the last Senju. Looks like no one gives an eff about the story anymore :lmao:

#2974 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

Tsunade is directly related to Hashirama and she doesn't even have the ability to use wood style...but some rando-joke kid suddenly has it. 

Nice. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#2975 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:07 AM

so kekkei genkai being limited to a clan's blood line is B*** S***, or are they saying Moegi descended from Hashirama? if it is the latter than that is a retcon of Tsunade being the last Senju. Looks like no one gives an eff about the story anymore :lmao:

As I said "The rules changed in them [Boruto anime and light novels] and they allowed it all to change based on what they needed it to be."

They change and retcon rules all the time simply because they want to make someone stronger or more prevalent. It is the most garbage story ever.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2976 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

giphy.gif

also this new opening for sword art online rocks, think its my new fav for alicization

also so many good comments and I ran out of likes lol

Edited by ultranx, 21 October 2019 - 07:40 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#2977 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

I had a laughed going to YT in one of the Boruto videos. He said Bortuo doesn't have fillers that everything is canon. :lmao:

He's obviously some kid who is a Borutard. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2978 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:22 AM

I had a laughed going to YT in one of the Boruto videos. He said Bortuo doesn't have fillers that everything is canon. :lmao:

No, that is actually the case. As far as I know.

#2979 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

Yeah sp has said their art (filler) is just as canon as manga

#2980 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

No, that is actually the case. As far as I know.

like James said it's hard to know what's canon in bolt now and what's not.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users