Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 1 2010, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This ^

and this quote:

Kushina: "Good lord, you're the fourth Hokage! Don't panic! This is why women can have babies, you men can't handle pain!"

(Sakura will say that exact quote many years later to Naruto!)

So damn true, unfortunately! XDDDD

Darn, we can't ddl the chapters no more!!! rawr.gif I don't like reading it online! DX

I think that was the Third's Wife. So make that Ino yelling it to Naruto when she's delivering Sakura's kids. biggrin.gif

Edited by Insurrection, 01 July 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#22 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 1 2010, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that was the Third's Wife.

Why you reply from my post? I didn't say anything about the Third's wife... (So that's what happened to her... Asuma lost his mother during that event)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#23 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 1 2010, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why you reply from my post? I didn't say anything about the Third's wife... (So that's what happened to her... Asuma lost his mother during that event)

No I'm saying the Third's Wife said that not Kushina, look at the facial gesture. Quote bubble is pointing at her Derock.

Edited by Insurrection, 01 July 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#24 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:17 AM

Words can't describe how freakin' awesome that chapter was! It was beyond epic!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 1 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I'm saying the Third's Wife said that not Kushina, look at the facial gesture. Quote bubble is pointing at her Derock.

I thought Kushina said that, women can say that during childbirth. But yeah, I see the quote is from Biwako.

Also seeing Mikoto, that just confirms Sasuke is older than Naruto... (I still say Sakura was born after the Kyuubi attack, making her about 6 months younger than Naruto.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Well, now that the "who's older" argument is finally over, I will no longer have to deal with that "But Naruto failed the exam three times! He has to be years older then the others!" idiocy.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#27 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jul 1 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also seeing Mikoto, that just confirms Sasuke is older than Naruto... (I still say Sakura was born after the Kyuubi attack, making her about 6 months younger than Naruto.)

I actually share the same opinion with Derock on this one.

#28 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 1 2010, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Words can't describe how freakin' awesome that chapter was! It was beyond epic!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 1 2010, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would make this so tragic though wouldn't it? wasntme.png It seems like there should be a greater purpose for such a thing even with the humor of Kushina thinking Sasuke should've been a girl. After Kushina says that she hopes they would be good friends. But if Madara did learn the location because Mikoto knew it would be a betrayal.

Which what I think happened- remember Mikoto was intimately involved in the Uchiha coup plot along with Fugaku. How sad, someome Kushina thought was her friend actually hated her enough to cause her death.

Wonder if Mito Uzumaki had red hair too? I wish Kishimoto would have done color pages, I would have liked to have seen Kishimoto's colors for Kushina's hair and clothing, since Studio Pierrot messed up on the colors of Kushina's clothes. I would have liked to have seen colors for Mito Uzumaki too (I want to cosplay as Mito as well and I'd like to have the colors Kishimoto decided since the animators can't be relied on anymore to do correct colors. I'd like to make the costume for one of my ABJ dolls too.)

Interesting that Biwako dressed in Hokage robes too- my guess Hiruzen considered her his co Hokage even though she wasn't officially that. She's another tsundere character too laugh.gif She kind of looks like a Yamanaka- not just the hair, but something about the face, even aged, looks like a Yamanaka. Hmm, that would make a strong reason why Asuma was chosen to be Ino, Chouji, and Shikamaru's sensei- his mom being a Yamanaka clan member.

Neither Mito or Kushina dressed like their husbands but they too played the role of a strong partner to Hashirama and Minato, but it appears they had to live secretive lives beside the men they loved, where Biwako lived a very public life. Sakura will almost assuredly have a relationship with Naruto as Hokage much more like Biwako did with Hiruzen, so she might dress pretty similar to Naruto as his wife.

And I think more it settles it that Sakura is the oldest. After all, Tsunade was born before Jiraiya and Kishimoto has explicitly laid out- Tsunade=Sakura, Jiraiya=Naruto, too many parallels to discount her being older, plus the way she acted around Naruto at 12 has the vibe of her being older than Naruto, at 12 that sort of thing is more important to kids younger or older- thus another undercurrent with the growing breach- at that time, of Sakura with Ino. At 6 Sakura was a meek, scared victim of bullying, as she gains a bit of self-confidence she begins to chafe under what she feels is Ino domineering personality, by around age 10/11 she breaks off the friendship with Ino.

A younger person with a more dominant personality can overpower a less dominant older person- see Konohamaru and his team mates- he's the youngest of the three but he's the team leader because he has the most dominant personalty. Konohamaru and his teamates- Udon born April 3, Moegi June 8, Konohamaru December 30- note, Moegi is over 6 months older than Konohamaru...

The school year in Naruto's world is not based on the Japanese or Western calender year at all- (The only hint we get of when the school year starts is when Sasuke begins, it's after his sixth birthday, but seems to be shortly after- it also appears to be summer- no spring flower blossoms in the air, no fall leaves in the air, and the leaves are green on the trees in the anime, so perhaps late July, early August) so what makes the most sense is anyone born in that calender year began school at the same time. This ties into traditional Japanese concepts of age in children- for the Shichigosan temple vists- 3 year old girls and boys, five year old boys, and seven year old girls- any child born in that calender year goes to the temple on that day in November and is considered that age, even if they haven't had that birthday yet. Also on New Years Day in traditional Japan- following the Chinese lunar calendar- so late Jan-Feb depending on the year- a person was considered a year older (and even today people consider themselves as symbollically a year older on Jan 1), Kishimoto also brings in the lunar calendar element in this chapter- a pregnancy is just about exactly 10 lunar months long- which is how Japanese people still count months in a woman's pregnancy- the fan translator makes it sound like this is unique to female bijuu's hosts but those words weren't in Ohana's or the other Japanese spoiler, it's simply stated the 10 months of pregnancy because that is how pregnancy months are counted in Japan- (I thank Tashiro Makiko sensei, my college Japanese teacher for me knowing that info- she was pregnant with her first child during the last semester she taught us, and me being another female, and curious about women's roles in Japanese culture -both historical and modern. She shared information with me after class about pregnancy and other women's topics in Japan). It still has influence on Japanese culture- as witness the Shichigosan temple visits, and also the much more modern holiday called "Coming of Age" day- anyone that turns 20 that year is considered 20 that day in January, even if their birthday is December 31 of that year.

This would also make Kakashi graduating while he was still 5 years old make more sense. He started at 4 (he was not quite 5) and graduated shortly before he turned 6.

Edited by ciardha, 01 July 2010 - 08:20 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#30 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 1 2010, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which what I think happened- remember Mikoto was intimately involved in the Uchiha coup plot along with Fugaku. How sad, someome Kushina thought was her friend actually hated her enough to cause her death.

Wonder if Mito Uzumaki had red hair too? I wish Kishimoto would have done color pages, I would have liked to have seen Kishimoto's colors for Kushina's hair and clothing, since Studio Pierrot messed up on the colors of Kushina's clothes. I would have liked to have seen colors for Mito Uzumaki too (I want to cosplay as Mito as well and I'd like to have the colors Kishimoto decided since the animators can't be relied on anymore to do correct colors. I'd like to make the costume for one of my ABJ dolls too.)

It looked like they had the same hair up until her death, red hair must be a clan trait.

I think Biwako had a more public ranking of a council member. Obvious Hiruzen held respect for her.

The 'If Mikoto Betrayed Kushina' thing does tie into the Mirror of opposites that Kishi has used for Naruto and Sasuke.

Edited by Insurrection, 01 July 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#31 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

I guess this also confirms that naruto and tsunade are related as well lol
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#32 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:06 AM

I had to do it! I had to make a motivator for this chapter:
Kushina Motivator
--Click here to view--

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#33 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:14 AM

Yes, the Mikoto thing and Biwako mentioning the whole 'don't let information leak' is a pretty obvious thing. It sucks that once again, the Uchiha, even the hot females one, are not immune from assholery. Also, as for the Madara cliffhanger, Sweet F-in Jesus Christ that sucks. The implication here is simply that they won't be able to move, allowing Madara to pull out the fox, meaning that Kushina will die because of that. Not due to childbirth precisely but because the fox will be extracted from her by Madara. Damn cheatey eye powers. The chapter was awesome though. It is funny how the whole fanon 'Sarutobi Sasuke' thing was borne out not in the Third, but in the Third's father. Great chapter, though, funny, informative, and the ending leaves you with a sense of dread for all the tragedy we know is to come.

#34 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

Yknow, this chapter is so heartcrushed for me. I almost closed my mouth and almost cried reading this chapter. I was very happy when finally Naruto was born healthy. This chapter was filled by...like a miracle of life. sosad.gif
And I 'aw'ed when I read "fill this vessel with love, even the host of the fox will be happy" or something like that. You saw how sweet Kushina's smile when she's with Minato. I imagined how happy Naruto and Sakura could be if they're together. Aww so sweet wow.png

I don't know what's happening with me. Recently I'm turning to a sensitive girl. This is baaad

#35 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 1 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kushina Motivator
--Click here to view--

NICE! tongue.gif

AWESOME CHAPTER IS AWESOME! cool.gif
But i

Edited by pinkheartsyellowstars, 01 July 2010 - 07:31 AM.

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 1 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The school year in Naruto's world is not based on the Japanese or Western calender year at all- (The only hint we get of when the school year starts is when Sasuke begins, it's after his sixth birthday, but seems to be shortly after- it also appears to be summer- no spring flower blossoms in the air, no fall leaves in the air, and the leaves are green on the trees in the anime, so perhaps late July, early August) so what makes the most sense is anyone born in that calender year began school at the same time. This ties into traditional Japanese concepts of age in children- for the Shichigosan temple vists- 3 year old girls and boys, five year old boys, and seven year old girls- any child born in that calender year goes to the temple on that day in November and is considered that age, even if they haven't had that birthday yet. Also on New Years Day in traditional Japan- following the Chinese lunar calendar- so late Jan-Feb depending on the year- a person was considered a year older (and even today people consider themselves as symbollically a year older on Jan 1), Kishimoto also brings in the lunar calendar element in this chapter- a pregnancy is just about exactly 10 lunar months long- which is how Japanese people still count months in a woman's pregnancy- the fan translator makes it sound like this is unique to female bijuu's hosts but those words weren't in Ohana's or the other Japanese spoiler, it's simply stated the 10 months of pregnancy because that is how pregnancy months are counted in Japan- (I thank Tashiro Makiko sensei, my college Japanese teacher for me knowing that info- she was pregnant with her first child during the last semester she taught us, and me being another female, and curious about women's roles in Japanese culture -both historical and modern. She shared information with me after class about pregnancy and other women's topics in Japan). It still has influence on Japanese culture- as witness the Shichigosan temple visits, and also the much more modern holiday called "Coming of Age" day- anyone that turns 20 that year is considered 20 that day in January, even if their birthday is December 31 of that year.

Wow, you're so informative ciardha! a_thumbs.gif it's really nice to learn about other cultures. And also, it still would've been cool though if she really was 10 months pregnant.

Someone at MH pointed out Mito's forehead tattoo. It looks exactly like Tsunade's. That means Tsunade's Jutsu was probably a forbidden secret clan jutsu. It was even more dangerous for Mito as well, I bet.

Btw, does anyone feel that Naruto might start being reluctant to have a relationship with Sakura or anyone else for that matter? by learning how risky it is for a Jinchuuriki to have a child, I'm sure he'll be very hesistant about it. Of course, that is if Jiraiya already gave basic sex ed to Naruto during their training (seriously, I hope he did, considering how important this information is for Jinchuurikis. Basic sex ed was at least the thing Jiraiya could do to prepare him for this.)
http://mangastream.c...ruto/87110441/7

Edited by Newkerz, 01 July 2010 - 10:49 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 1 2010, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kushina Motivator
--Click here to view--

Heh, when I was reading the childbirth scene, it certainly came across that Kishimoto was putting a bit of his own life experience in there-Kishimoto does seem to come across as the type guy who would have been there with his wife when she had their daughter, but panicking about witnessing how painful childbirth was for his wife (and in retrospect making fun of himself for being a panicky mess) It nicely humanizes Minato too- makes him that much more charming, he's also such cute goof when he's all emotional about being a dad, Kushina's much more calm and in control once Naruto is born (despite the pain and exhaustion) but still overjoyed to see her baby.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#38 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

intriguing Naruto was born with the whisker marks.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

Finally I was able to read the chapter mangastream sure took their time to release it. But anyway I knew the chapter was going to be epic Kishi has finally explained a lot of things about Naruto's birth I guess next chapter will be the conclusion of the flashback with Madara releasing the Kyuubi and Minato fighting it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

TOO SHORT!

Why only 18 pages Kishi?

Otherwise it was a pretty good chapter, but not epic in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users