#21 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Dec 12 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I somewhat understand what you are trying to say.

NaruSaku

Boys - (and me personally) like it because they want Naruto to get what he wants
Girls - like it because they admire Sakura's personality and character

NaruHina

Boys - like her personality and character
Girls - like it because they can relate to liking a guy from a distance

SasuSaku

Boys - no idea in hell.........
Girls - they want Sakura to get the guy she wants or at least thats what they think she wants

A stupid generalization and absolute speculation, but I think it holds some value to the least tongue.gif

That's very true, in general. However, I'm a girl and I just like NaruSaku because I would like to see Naruto get what he want. Eh, there are exceptions to everything.
I completely understand what you mean by having no idea why boys like SasuSaku.

#22 Shana

Shana

~melon bread....=D

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

Hrm, not true because I am a girl.

(But there are not many male SasuSaku fans.)

TrueSalvation, I agree with you except the Girls NaruSaku.

Actually, I do not like Sakura as much as I used to. (she used to be my favorite.) I like Karin, Hinata, and Ino better now; I'm a strange NaruSaku fan. XD

#23 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

I'm a guy and I like NaruSaku, however I do not like Hinata for her personality or character I personally think she's a stalker.

uc.png

#24 Shana

Shana

~melon bread....=D

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

^ Well, Sakura was too. Kishi said it himself.

#25 Asuma&TheCigarrete

Asuma&TheCigarrete

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Heavens Wrath @ Dec 15 2007, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In general, it's a generalization, and like all generalizations, holds no absolute truth. laugh.gif

Yes, That's very true! You cannot ever assume that something like what this thread propose will be 100% true. But it can be a strong "influence pole" in naruto fans universe.

Well, as i said in the first post... this idea it's not mine, i readed it somewere. But yes, the fact that i did opened this thread is because i somehow think it is at least half true, so, i'll explain my view here!

I strongly support a NaruSaku pairing, and i think it is at some level related to the fact i'm a man. Why?

Think about human "mating ritual" itself. The man always find himself with the duty of courting the woman. He thinks himself as the one ho "have" to take the atitude. This is very hard on any man, even experienced ones. To be able to seduce the female in order to gain her acceptance.

The woman, on this process, find herself with a equaly hard rask. To be good enough to create that "need" on the male, in order that he will strive to take that attitude.

Now, if i take this to the characters of the manga.

Naruto - Always striving to take the attitude! Even gets blushed alll the time he asks Sakura out on a date.

Sakura - Always striving to make sasuke like her, and get some kind of attitude. The exeption to this rule is when she desperately open her heart to him.

Sasuke - The object of Sakura attraction. The fact he doesn't react to Sakura is that he does'n want her. The day he finds a girl he want he will be in the same position as Naruto is, even if it will be more easy for him, because of his good looking.

So i think that guys are prone to like NaruSaku because Naruto reproduces what they feel when after a girl. And girls are prone to like SasuSaku because Sakura reproduces what they feel when they like a boy.

And i state again, this can't be taken as 100% true. It is something that is there, and may influence some people on choosing their pairing. I don't intend to say any of you are wront tbh... it's just a thought!

:thumbs:
\o/ My Avatar is simply the best possible for a "Fresh Meat" \o/

/o\ But i'm not a Fresh Meat anymore /o\

#26 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:26 PM

With generalizations and stereotypes, there is a matter of truth with them. However, you would be wrong to use the argument as the sole evidence in a debate. It applies the same when people use the opposite argument "like all generalizations, holds no absolute truth".

Look at how the age group that Naruto is targeted views relationships in terms of the media or life. It begins as an unrequited attraction that grows over time until the object of their desire returns their affections. Just looking at that generic stereotypical plot, males are more likely to relate with Naruto and Sakura as a couple as it plays on the typical romance shounen plot of the boy pining for the girl. This argument would hold serve for females as the Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura takes the considerations of the female in terms of their crush as the girl getting the guy she wants. It's a clear divide of shounen versus shoujo.

But people will also take into account the individual qualities of each person in the relationship. I'm one to like the athletic, sassy type but sometimes there are characters of this type which I hate (Suzuka from Suzuka) and I will like the shy types which I usually abhor (I like Honoka from Suzuka and Iori from I"s). There are no absolutes in the people and relationships you like.

#27 twintailednin29

twintailednin29

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Martial art, Drawing, singing, watching anime , playing in piano n guitar.

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Asuma&TheCigarrete @ Dec 16 2007, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, That's very true! You cannot ever assume that something like what this thread propose will be 100% true. But it can be a strong "influence pole" in naruto fans universe.

Well, as i said in the first post... this idea it's not mine, i readed it somewere. But yes, the fact that i did opened this thread is because i somehow think it is at least half true, so, i'll explain my view here!

I strongly support a NaruSaku pairing, and i think it is at some level related to the fact i'm a man. Why?

Think about human "mating ritual" itself. The man always find himself with the duty of courting the woman. He thinks himself as the one ho "have" to take the atitude. This is very hard on any man, even experienced ones. To be able to seduce the female in order to gain her acceptance.

The woman, on this process, find herself with a equaly hard rask. To be good enough to create that "need" on the male, in order that he will strive to take that attitude.

Now, if i take this to the characters of the manga.

Naruto - Always striving to take the attitude! Even gets blushed alll the time he asks Sakura out on a date.

Sakura - Always striving to make sasuke like her, and get some kind of attitude. The exeption to this rule is when she desperately open her heart to him.

Sasuke - The object of Sakura attraction. The fact he doesn't react to Sakura is that he does'n want her. The day he finds a girl he want he will be in the same position as Naruto is, even if it will be more easy for him, because of his good looking.

So i think that guys are prone to like NaruSaku because Naruto reproduces what they feel when after a girl. And girls are prone to like SasuSaku because Sakura reproduces what they feel when they like a boy.

And i state again, this can't be taken as 100% true. It is something that is there, and may influence some people on choosing their pairing. I don't intend to say any of you are wront tbh... it's just a thought!

:thumbs:

you know whilke reading this I relized I when it comesto getting the guy I act more like Naruto. And I'm a GIRL. geez i'm weird

src="http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/horoscope/05LeoSasuke.gif" alt="I am Sasuke!"></a>
THEY ARE THE BOMB!!!!!! XD

#28 I s u z u

I s u z u

Fuck yeah Sakura ♥

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

You do see more boys supporting NS and more girls supporting SS, but I think there's plenty of girls who support NS too...

I like them both, sooo

It's partially true, though. Guys seem to prefer NaruSaku.

Banner by Someone Awesome <3
narutoforums | youtube | livejournal

#29 Balmung

Balmung

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

Maybe guys like SasuSaku because the think Sakura is cute, and they think Sasuke is cool just a random idea

With me to like pairing they have to look cute together at least XD, have some compatibality, preferable somewhat main character not minor XD, and some other things. Usually after I start liking the paring Ill start looking for fanart, and fanfictions and if done well increase my likeness for that pairing happy.gif.

#30 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

Meh.

Men relate to Naruto because he is the main character and the main character is often times what people relate to. So they want him to get the girl he wants because they're putting it into their own life situations. NaruSaku

Women relate to Sakura because she is the lead female character and they relate to her and want her to get the man she wants. SasuSaku

NaruHina is for the people who really just hated Sakura from the beginning. Or it could be that they relate to Hinata more because they are shy as well.

Why do women pick NaruSaku? Because sometimes a bad relationship can give you a pretty good eye opener to how a relationship should really look like. I think they older people are the more they like NaruSaku. (IN GENERAL doesn't mean every older watcher likes that pairing and it doesn't mean everyone here is older.) Maybe I just mean the more experienced in the dating world find this much more plausible and easier to connect to.

Love is everything.

#31 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:03 AM

This is so not true. Generally more girls care about shipping but the same percentage of people ship NS or SS with no real dinction on gender. Although the NH fandom is becoming increasingly male -.-

#32 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

I go for narusaku for a simple reason: The Tsundere TYPICALLY gets the lead male, and vice versa. Very rarely if ever does the quiet shy girl who's not the main character end up with the lead male.

Everyone can pair up and couple who they want, but so far Naruto has been pretty standard shounen, and for it to deviate from the norm would turn it into some weird shoujo manga - which it isn't. Sorry! biggrin.gif

#33 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

I have a friend who's a girl, and hates pairings. She accepts NaruSaku only because of brainwashing a mountain of evidence I gave her, and she doesn't deny pairings when they are so clearly there. Girls and guys don't have this fixed program, where one will support one thing and one another.

It makes sense that more boys would be interested in NaruSaku because of the whole 'guy getting the girl' philosophy, though if you'd look at it more guys seem to be all for Hinata and want her to be with the one that makes her happy. Then there are the guys that support SasuSaku, from what I've seen they like it because Sasuke is a cool, interesting character, and Sakura is a hot girl who admires and loves him, and the potential smex romance is what they like. Guys, as much as we'd like to think differently, are complex beings.

What about us girls? A lot of girls are all into romance, and when they see the cute shy girl vying for the cute loud guy, they see it as, well... Cute? I have to say now, out of the three pairings I have no idea about this one, so go ahead and correct me if you feel like. NaruSaku is that subtle, more realistic romance. I'm the type of girl who usually falls for the mainxmain and canon pairing anyway, so it's not surprise to me I support it. Girls may think that Sakura deserves to have such a caring guy, and deserves the main male character. For SasuSaku it can also be said Sakura deserves to have the one she wants, and many, myself included, find it a hawt pairing that is interesting to watch.

You get all kind of people liking different things. I myself support NaruSaku, but I turn around and support IchiHime. I'm a fan of SasuSaku yet dislike NaruHina. It's not about gender, it's your own speculations.

#34 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

It's true that there are a lot of SasuSaku fans that are girls and NaruSaku that are guys. But we do have a lot of girls that like NaruSaku, too. Just look at the site. happy.gif

#35 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

I was reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer a YA novel that is getting a lot of press and I think it is being made into a movie, and it totally hit on why I like NaruSaku so much.

The guy in Twilight, Edward? He's freakin' perfect. He can do anything, he's hot, hell he even sparkles in the sun! It was all too obvious that the main girl would fall in love with him.

Yet, there was another guy in the story. He wasn't as perfect and godly, but he had a good sense of humor, he was nice and he was geniunely interested in the girl.

Guess which one I rooted for? The other guy! I ended up being so disappoint. I guess being funny can not compare to being ~*~*~sparkily*~*~*~*~ in the sun

I realized, I tended to root for the not-so-perfect match Other Guy, which means that the romance genre often disappoints me.

To me, Naruto is the quintessential Other Guy. Sasuke is better looking, smarter, and stronger. But damnit if Naruto isn't a good guy to root for.

Anyways, I guess bringing it on topic. SasuSaku is the typical romance novel. Who reads romance novels? Girls, women. Maybe that is the appeal.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#36 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:51 AM

I think I see some truth in it.

Though I acknowledge there is a large amount of girls who support NaruSaku, I honestly think guys have the lead for reasons stated.

Also, I think girls see Sasuke as a cool, hot, but flawed character. I guess they like it, because it gives them the potential eye opener they need to see that there is someone who cares for them. Guys...I'll just repeat TS.

NaruHina seems to be even in gender. Girls like NaruHina for the same reason they do SasuSaku (girl getting the man of her dreams) and guys like the idea of Naruto getting over his own crush and seeing the one who was really there for him (a logic I would challenge, but that's a different topic).

#37 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Chidori Mistress @ Dec 13 2007, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, my guy friends who like SasuSaku admitted that they want the Uchiha Clan revived.
But who knows. I'm sure they don't all think like that.
Anyway, yeah I'm a girl who loves NS.

I have to say, I don't know if I really want the Uchiha Clan revived, if you notice, not a lot of their members tend to be mentally sound. And the stronger you get, the lesser hold onto reality it seems you have.

BUT....

Just my opinion. ^^;;

Also in regards to guys wanting Hinata to get with Naruto, I think its just because she's got a bigger rack. XD

Edited by No WhereMan, 21 February 2008 - 11:29 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#38 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Feb 22 2008, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also in regards to guys wanting Hinata to get with Naruto, I think its just because she's got a bigger rack. XD

*Oh snaps*
I KNEW it!!
That's why Hinata always has more fanboys than Sakura!! :what:

I feel a mini-essay coming on! wow.png
*People start screaming/horror music*

I'm a girl, and I actually like NaruSaku for a lot of reasons while disliking SasuSaku/NaruHina (NH especially) and I have my reasons for that too happy.gif
For me, NaruSaku is more admirable. It's realistic and it makes sense ^__^ And it fits in with the whole storyline and morals. Naruto worked sooooo hard to earn her trust and would die for her without a doubt, and his level of dedication to her is so incomparable to anything i've ever seen :shamefulcry0js: And Sakura starts to realize this ....slowly, but surely...and he makes her want to be better and try harder love.gif Their relationshp has come SUCH a long way and they are so funny and happy to watch together ^__~ plus it's HOTT xDDD On the gender issue, it makes the guy look really good for never giving up, and the girl look good for putting forth effort to be better for his sake. I think the reason why some girls might not like it though is b/c they might either hate Sakura or think it makes her look evil from the way she beats up on him...but he deserves it tongue.gif

SasuSaku:
Even after watching it back many times and hearing Sakura, it lacks something....genuine sad.gif Plus I feel like her crush on Sasuke kinda held her back, in a way, from growing up and becoming independent. I liked Sakura from the start actually, because I could see something in her that would make her better herself happy.gif And Sasuke was totally set on his revenge, so i didn't really see how they could benefit from being with each other....
My cousin is a big S/S fan and likes it because it's one of those "young girl's first true love" kinds of things and because she's a Sasuke-tard. Which is probably why girls seem to like this one.... wink.gif It's the "not-so-popular dreamy girl falling in love with the hot popular guy" scenario. Yup yup. American Teen Chick Flick Movie Cliché *wink wink* ~___^ I honestly don't completely hate this pairing though. At least there is some degree of care and friendly comfortability there, even if it's one-sided.

NaruHina:
....*sighs*
All righty.
I really don't know why I dislike this pairing so much...but maybe i'll figure out why after typing a little bit lol....girls will like it b/c it gives the "quiet ones" a chance in the spotlight for once and gives them more hope of coming out and being noticed. Guys will like it b/c they may be Hinata fanboys <see above "rack comment LOL> or...i really don't kno :shamefulcry0js: Maybe they like how Hinata, the nice quiet girl, was the first one to see the "reject" Naruto?....(but she wasn't the first to reach out to him)....Maybe they like how she has the same "nindo" thing going on?....(but so does everyone else...)....*sighs*
I don't want, b/c obvious plot circumstances and interaction time/quality, questions in my head regarding compatibility, and because Naruto has already set his dedicated heart to Sakura (it's a fact wink.gif) And no matter what, Sakura-chan will always have a special place in his heart. No matter who else comes into his life no one can replace her. I hear soooo many times that Naruto is gonna suddenly realize his "true feelings" for Hinata and say "i see now that i never LOVED Sakura" kinda like how Sakura is doing right now, but that's just it.

Naruto's feelings for Sakura are totally different from Sakura's initial feelings for Sasuke :thumbs:
He really, truly, whole-heartedly cares about her. He would honestly give his all to just make her happy, fight on with undying faith, and do it without a wince of hesitation. He's even got a record of doing so to back him up x3 And Sakura has definitely come to trust him more than she probably even trusts herself wink.gif
I also think it applies to Hinata. Even though it might seem like she understands Naruto better because she was the first to really "see him", it's still just a crush. Like what Sakura had on Sasuke, but not quite that even; at least Sasuke and Sakura knew each other a little better. Even though she likes him for his personality, he's an IDOL. She can't speak to him w/o fainting. She still can't see him beyond a crush figure, nor can approach him calmly as an eye-to-eye friend w/o turning red sad.gif Don't get me wrong, i like her, I like Hinata ^__~ But...I'm just saying Hinata has a loooooooong ways to go before reaching Naruto--->Sakura feelings status narusakuct7.gif ...^__^

I think that's it. I don't like how people think Hinata could just simply replace Sakura in Naruto's heart, just like that sad.gif Sakura, although pretty harsh and far from the perfect girl, has brought out so much in Naruto by just being herself. She's HIS perfect girl ^__^

So in conclusion...
For me gender is obviously not an issue....but I guess I could say that I cornered off (in my head) why girls like SasuSaku, and why guys (and even girls for that matter) like NaruSaku a_dance.gif
And maybe touching a little on NaruHina... wink.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#39 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Hinano @ Jan 16 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I go for narusaku for a simple reason: The Tsundere TYPICALLY gets the lead male, and vice versa. Very rarely if ever does the quiet shy girl who's not the main character end up with the lead male.

Everyone can pair up and couple who they want, but so far Naruto has been pretty standard shounen, and for it to deviate from the norm would turn it into some weird shoujo manga - which it isn't. Sorry! biggrin.gif

Thank you Hinano for bringing up the TsundereXLead Male point! a_hug.gif

A tsundere character is a girl who can be very snobbish and looks down her nose at the lead male character; however, once trust is established by way of a strong friendship or some other circumstance, she becomes very caring and protective of him. This often leads to a deeper relationship. (It screams NaruSaku doesn't it? XD)

You usually see this type of terminology in Harem Manga (Especially in titles like Love Hina and Negi-ma.)

Therefore, this paring is fundamentally geared towards guys due to the fact that some females see it as bending to a guy's will. But, that's just one way of seeing it.

happy.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#40 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Feb 22 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Hinano for bringing up the TsundereXLead Male point! a_hug.gif

A tsundere character is a girl who can be very snobbish and looks down her nose at the lead male character; however, once trust is established by way of a strong friendship or some other circumstance, she becomes very caring and protective of him. This often leads to a deeper relationship. (It screams NaruSaku doesn't it? XD)

You usually see this type of terminology in Harem Manga (Especially in titles like Love Hina and Negi-ma.)

Therefore, this paring is fundamentally geared towards guys due to the fact that some females see it as bending to a guy's will. But, that's just one way of seeing it.

happy.gif

Lol the explination just screams Chidori and Souske from Full Metal Panic! lol
and for those who have never seen it, well watch it lol I ain't giveing away the story
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users