11 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Ok so some friends of mines said that they have seen Naruto and Sasuke trained their butts off and Sakura never trained so it  is stupid for her to get the seal on her forehead.  As for as  I know I can't remember the last time I saw sasuke trained or saw others trained for sudden techniques. So when its sakura she shouldn't get any power ups because she doesn't train on screen? Obviously most of the rookie 9 had off-screen traning so why can't Sakura have off-screen training as well.? Also, Naruto is the main character and  the series is named after him so obviously he will get all the training on screen.

Any thoughts on Sudden power ups aka a**pulls and off-screen training?

Edited by Baka chan, 01 June 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#2 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Obviously she had been training. Shizune herself said (internally) that Sakura had been carefully controlling and storing chakra in that point for three straight years. It is ironic that your friends complain about Sakura getting power-ups while saying Sasuke worked his butt off. Sasuke has to be the character with the most random power-ups of all. I don't get the problem though, there is obvious alluding to them both training, why do we have to see it? That would be boring and wouldn't have any exciting 'reveal' factor to the power-ups.

Edited by jworks, 01 June 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#3 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Well for one your friend is completely wrong, Sasuke is the king of learning things off screen. One major example of this is his hawk summons vs Danzo, not to mention Kirin as well.

Naruto is really the only person who is seen training for all of his abilities, Sakura may have learned this seal off screen but at least we got a flash back as to when it started, that's already more then we can say for Sasuke. Plus she deserves this more than any other character in the whole series, she has been neglected for far to long.

#4 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Obviously she had been training. Shizune herself said (internally) that Sakura had been carefully controlling and storing chakra in that point for three straight years. It is ironic that your friends complain about Sakura getting power-ups while saying Sasuke worked his butt off. Sasuke has to be the character with the most random power-ups of all. I don't get the problem though, there is obvious alluding to them both training, why do we have to see it? That would be boring and wouldn't have any exciting 'reveal' factor to the power-ups.

Thank you.....Sasuke suddenly gets an eagle summon......... no flashback anything. :down:

#5 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Well there are a few oddities that may be brought up like why Sakura's new abilities were not utilized against Sasori as that battle was fairly intense and she was on the verge of dying quite a few times there. However, what others fail to take into consideration is that Sakura has been having to accumulate chakra into her forehead for three consecutive years before she could finally materialize the seal. It would have been impossible for her to use a rudimentary version of it as the seal must fully accumulate chakra before it can be used.

I agree that there could have been some foreshadowing throughout the manga to establish that Sakura was gathering strength for an unforeseen new technique; a "that jutsu" for herself,if you will. But Kishi chose to finally reveal it in the manner that he did and I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as being contrived. Sakura's proficient chakra control abilities have been complimented several times in both P1 and P2. Furthermore, it has been suggested on a few different occasions that Sakura had the potentiality to surpass Tsunade. How would she do this, you say? By inheriting her teacher's abilities and honing them with her own personal strengths.

Really, how does this appear any more complicated or forced than Sasuke miraculously summoning a hawk during his battle against Danzo or the rookies illogically acquiring the ability to use nature transformation for Doton ninjutsu, an advanced method of chakra control, without any prior instruction given to them being suggested? Do they berate the characters involved with these "asspulls"? Well I have seen them do so, yes, but not to the degree which they denigrate Sakura but that's to be expected as they simply do not like her character no matter what she does or how much character development she receives. Several of these people have openly admitted to this on other forums.

I say let them revel in their own world of false impressions and embitterment as they obviously don't appear to be concerned with what other people say or even with what is being depicted by the author.

Edited by Atheck, 01 June 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Man, really, do people expect other characters just stood around, waiting for Kishi to put a spotlight on them?  Sure, we don't see them often, but they do train.  

I see the same thing with Sasuke.  Getting past my whole "Aargh, when'd he get a power-up?" He DID train with another of the Densetsu no Sannin and then cast his lot with the Akatsuki, I know for SURE that doesn't mean he just sat around crying about his brother or his family.  His Hawk summoning was probably the most random, but I buy the Kirin thing.  The Sharingan's a totally different story, though.... Stupid Sharingan hax....

There's some double standard goin' on here.....

Both have explicitly been said to be proficient in being the type of ninja they are, but one gets vindicated, the other gets put down.

#7 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

If your friend didn't mention the name "Sasuke" I would have agreed about the ass-pull  :lol:

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#8 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

i agree with atheck, though i would have preferred more solid hints before her power up, there are many more character who have more 'ass-pull' stunts in the series, take ten ten sage of the six path fan (where the hell did that come from  :umm: )  

i really want sakura to get sage mode (it's far fetch i know) but not just cause I'm a sakura but also out of curiosity of what it would be like, what feats it would have, appearance etc... 

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well, Sasuke days of working out is long gone after he defeated Itachi because it's all on the eyes. Sakura has been controlling for the longest, so the seal is a time consuming maneuver but nevertheless, learning. Not to mention, at least we saw her learning about medic from normal level to top level in part 2. Naruto is what we see training on-screen as well as explanation. For side characters, well Kishi don't need to because they are that.

#10 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Well there are a few oddities that may be brought up like why Sakura's new abilities were not utilized against Sasori as that battle was fairly intense and she was on the verge of dying quite a few times there. However, what others fail to take into consideration is that Sakura has been having to accumulate chakra into her forehead for three consecutive years before she could finally materialize the seal. It would have been impossible for her to use a rudimentary version of it as the seal must fully accumulate chakra before it can be used.

I agree that there could have been some foreshadowing throughout the manga to establish that Sakura was gathering strength for an unforeseen new technique; a "that jutsu" for herself,if you will. But Kishi chose to finally reveal it in the manner that he did and I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as being contrived. Sakura's proficient chakra control abilities have been complimented several times in both P1 and P2. Furthermore, it has been suggested on a few different occasions that Sakura had the potentiality to surpass Tsunade. How would she do this, you say? By inheriting her teacher's abilities and honing them with her own personal strengths.

Really, how does this appear any more complicated or forced than Sasuke miraculously summoning a hawk during his battle against Danzo or the rookies illogically acquiring the ability to use nature transformation for Doton ninjutsu, an advanced method of chakra control, without any prior instruction given to them being suggested? Do they berate the characters involved with these "asspulls"? Well I have seen them do so, yes, but not to the degree which they denigrate Sakura but that's to be expected as they simply do not like her character no matter what she does or how much character development she receives. Several of these people have openly admitted to this on other forums.

I say let them revel in their own world of false impressions and embitterment as they obviously don't appear to be concerned with what other people say or even with what is being depicted by the author.

I'm pretty sure that the whole "Earth Style Wall" thing was not everyone in the army performing it, but all of the Earth Style USERS in the army doing that wall thing against the Ten-Tails. Last time I checked, the Rookie-9 plus every other non-earth user didn't miraculously become earth users as well. If you have the capabilities to perform Earth Jutsu, then learning the Earth Wall Technique would probably only require simple memorization of the hand sign sequence for those who actually HAVE Earth as one of their natures or are sole earth users. Where did people get the idea that everyone in the Shinobi Army now has Earth Style when it was simply the fact that the Shinobi Army just has a kittenload of Earth Style users? 

EDIT: I just got back from checking the Naruto wiki and found that they listed Team Ten as Earth Users. Sorry about that. Though despite Team Ten's miraculous usage of Earth Jutsu, I still hold the belief that massive team jutsu was done completely by the hands of people in the Alliance Army who actually had Earth as their Chakra Nature. No fire users, no water users, no non-elemental ninjas, just plain old Earth users. 

Edited by K9ofChaos, 04 June 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#11 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that the whole "Earth Style Wall" thing was not everyone in the army performing it, but all of the Earth Style USERS in the army doing that wall thing against the Ten-Tails. Last time I checked, the Rookie-9 plus every other non-earth user didn't miraculously become earth users as well. If you have the capabilities to perform Earth Jutsu, then learning the Earth Wall Technique would probably only require simple memorization of the hand sign sequence for those who actually HAVE Earth as one of their natures or are sole earth users. Where did people get the idea that everyone in the Shinobi Army now has Earth Style when it was simply the fact that the Shinobi Army just has a kittenload of Earth Style users? 

EDIT: I just got back from checking the Naruto wiki and found that they listed Team Ten as Earth Users. Sorry about that. Though despite Team Ten's miraculous usage of Earth Jutsu, I still hold the belief that massive team jutsu was done completely by the hands of people in the Alliance Army who actually had Earth as their Chakra Nature. No fire users, no water users, no non-elemental ninjas, just plain old Earth users. 

During Shikamaru's conversation with Kitsuchi he made a request that he be provided with the necessary seals to use the Doton ninjutsu. Why would this be necessary if only those who are already capable of using Doton are simply receiving instructions to create barriers? There are several comments made that explicitly describe the jutsu needing to be instructed to everyone so that they can use it in order to protect Naruto. On the next page following that conversation all of the alliance forces that are visible within the panels are performing handseals. The specifics of Shikamaru's request to Ino that he needs to be connected to everyone on the battlefield correlates to the ninjutsu being taught to everyone. 

The next time that we see the alliance forces, as the Bijudama is destroying the Doton barriers, you can see that everyone is in a posture with their bodies hunched down and their hands pressing against the ground similar to how an actual Doton user would create the effects of their jutsu. You can even make out their contorted expressions as though they were being strained by an external force. The situation in chapter 630 offers much more to prove that everyone was forced to learn and then use the barrier technique

#12 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hey guys, I saw this interesting theory for Sakura's off screen training on another site.

[I have been thinking. When Itachi used Tsukutomi on Kakashi, he was in the genjutsu for a few seconds, but he lived through three days of torture.

In the same way, wouldn't it be epic is Sasuke casted it on Sakura so that she could train for three days in a second? I mean she is proficient at genjutsu, so he could even cast a genjutsu on herself to train. This way she would get in a lot of training in a very short time.

It could even be made that it has high risks and that only people extremely proficient in genjutsu can train this way (kinda like how Naruto trained with a lot of clones).

What do you think?

(No Bashing)]

Even though this theory is pretty farfetched because she have 0 contact with Sasuke in that 3 years, plus Tsukuyomi is unique to the Uchiha clan, so Sakura can't possibly cast that level of genjutsu on herself (and 0 Uchihas in Konoha), but I really like this idea because it's so similar to Naruto's clone training and Kishi might unveil more genjutsu in later chapters.. like jutsus that twist time etc..

Well since Sakura's said to be talented at Genjutsu, I'm still waiting to see that talent of hers in this war arc. I think Sakura would become a important character to break Moon Eye Plan if Madara/Obito ever succeeds ^^

Edited by Hanabi, 05 August 2013 - 12:45 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, training, rookie9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users