Naruto 672

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#21 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

This Chapter

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#22 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

Great chapter, I could care less for some NS scene. It wouldn't have fit with the flow of the chapter. NS will happen when it happens, right now defeating Madara take the greatest priority. My best guess is that any possible NS moment will happen after this fight but before the final confrontation with Sasuke.

I'm satisfied with the parallelism between NS and SK, as minor as it was. Any romance plot can come after dealing with Madara.

Gai truly was the ultimate beast in this chapter, completely wrecking through Madara. I was actually surprised that Naruto was able to save him, but in retrospect it makes sense. Although I get the feeling that after the war Gai is going to retire as a ninja and entrust it all to Lee from then on.

Even though Naruto saved him I don't think Gai will be able to recover completely (part of his foot was already gone), but he will be satisfied that Lee continues on in his place and will happily watch over him and advice him any time he can.

Gai's finally attack took the form of a dragon, so I guess the speculation of the "Midnight Dragon" wasn't that far off.

Edited by redragon88, 09 April 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#23 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

I gotta say this chapter went by really quickly. Seeing Naruto get to the battlefield before Sasuke really gave me a chuckle, but I also remembered that this chapter sets up Volume 70. So I can kinda determine that this volume's focus will be Naruto, Sasuke (eventually) vs Madara. However like most of you, I am a little disappointed that Kishi skipped the NS reaction scene. I guess he's saving it for the right time, maybe after the war. Actually, you know what I'm gonna call that right now.

My Review :    

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#24 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

I stand on my statement that sakura will get stab from madara in this arc.

Edited by rocci, 09 April 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#25 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

Gai was amazing, and what a tribute to hard workers who have nothing "special" to offer.

I wanted him to kill Madara, but at the same time knew he wouldn't.  He got very close, though, and that's very, very good.  I'm also pleased to see him eclipse Kakashi -- the former snob -- and it will be interesting to know how this changes Gai's constant nagging of Kakashi to test their skills. 

I also really wanted it to be Tenten who arrived before Gai had expired, not Naruto.  I mean, it was great to see Naruto in action again, and great to see him burst onto the scene with a Part I-style kick, but... yeah, Tenten.

So the tapestry symbols that I mentioned last chapter thread!!!  The sun and moon that were hanging over Ashura and Indra's heads last chapter, and are now tatoo-like seals on Naruto and Sasuke's palms.  I wonder if they must be combined to form some kind of special seal...?   :ermm:

I know a lot of people are going to moan and groan and whine and wail about Kishimoto choosing to avoid any shippy NS stuff, but I'm not surprised or disappointed.  He always seems to render NS moments when we don't expect them, and the focus is on the fighting.  It wouldn't be much Naruto's style to know there was life and death fighting going on, but he stopped to have a schmoopy moment with Sakura.   :twitch:

Besides, thanks to the panel of Sakura on her knees beside a restored Naruto with Obito looking on side-by-side with a panel of Karin on her knees beside a restored Sasuke with Kabuto looking on -- all the characters in the same positions, saying the exact same words... ???   It's so FREAKING obvious anyway.  

Patience, people.  Patience.  As has been said by many posters many times, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Kishimoto will resolve NS until the end and I'm personally very glad.  Wondering how it will happen, exactly, keeps things interesting.

Here's hoping this new strained alliance between the boys will be half as interesting.

#26 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

I enjoyed this chapter! Normally I don't like chapters that focus on fighting, but this one was tolerable. (Probably because there was only one attack in it... :sweat: )

We got another parallel between not only Naruto & Sasuke, but Sakura & Karin and NaruSaku & SasuKarin as well! It wasn't an emotional revival scene like so many people were expecting, but its more than what I was expecting. I thought Kishimoto would skip it entirely and jump back into the fighting, so I'm more than happy with what we got. :smile:

#27 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

Thoughts

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#28 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

Well, I'll say this elation in power won't last, until after Madara is defeated.

I wonder how the story will go now.  Madara looks spent.  I mean sure, he can still probably fight, but look at him.  Gai really did a number on him.  Can he really instant regenerate back to full health like that?  If not, the biggest problem won't be from Madara, but from Sasuke.

It seems that Madara can only regenerate as long as his heart stays intact. I don't think he has a regen like Cell. There might be a limit to actually how much he can regenerate from.

Now that you say it, this solution has a high potential of actually happening. It's true that when the hero comes out of nowhere to save the day, what has previously happened is usually explained. So who knows, you maybe right. 

There yah go. OPTIMISM!!!!!!

lol. We already have enough bad juju feelings around here.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

Spoiler tag!

ch. 672

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 09 April 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#30 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

I stand on my statement that sakura will get stab from madara in this arc.

why do  you want her to get stabbed so bad

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#31 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

I really like how relieved and happy Sakura looked, though. That smile and expression. She's even tearing up.

I really hope that Naruto somehow finds out Sakura's efforts to keep him alive, it would be great. Though considering all of the previous chapters and moments of Sakura -> Naruto, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

...But he found out that Obito revived him, so.. If he comments on that and never finds out about Sakura (or if he does but doesn't say anything) I won't be pleased haha.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#32 pumyte

pumyte

PumyteH

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

why does Naruto remind me of dbz latest movie (in other words: almost same looks but different power)

Edited by pumyte, 09 April 2014 - 06:50 AM.

pixel_shinachiku_uzumaki_by_pumyteh-dbs3

#33 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Why did Gai's last attack on Madara remind me of this?

tumblr_m1d5dw296D1r7l2mwo1_500.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#34 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

There yah go. OPTIMISM!!!!!!

lol. We already have enough bad juju feelings around here.

It was not bad feelings, it's just that I wouldn't be bother if there wasn't a flashback of the wake up. I'm satisfied with what we got in this chapter. On the contrary, I'm optimist about what we get in this chapter. 

@Redragon: Thank you we have the exact same thought. NS moment wouldn't have fit in the chapter and the parallel is enough. 

Also, I wonder what is Naruto's new power, I didn't really get what he did when he placed his hand on Gai and his circle appeared on Gai's skin. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 09 April 2014 - 06:55 AM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#35 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

This was really good but feels rushed.

How the hell did Naruto pop out of the Kamui dimension and poof at Gai's side quicker than Sauce did? Sauce was across the field.

Did Obito and Sakura poof with him too?

When did Sakura take her hand out of his chest?

Is he walking around with a broken rib and an open chest cavity or did the Sage heal him?

KISHI PLS.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#36 pumyte

pumyte

PumyteH

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Why did Gai's last attack on Madara remind me of this?

tumblr_m1d5dw296D1r7l2mwo1_500.gif

dbz everywhere in this manga (;´∀`)
pixel_shinachiku_uzumaki_by_pumyteh-dbs3

#37 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

It seems that Madara can only regenerate as long as his heart stays intact. I don't think he has a regen like Cell. There might be a limit to actually how much he can regenerate from.

Good point.  It's definitely not the usually boss fight scenario, seeing the boss is already on his knees, when the main character confronts him.  Gai really did a workload. No doubt Madara can still prove to be threat, but at this moment I won't be surprised when he loses, seeing him like this.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 09 April 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#38 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

Again! Here I go with another of my predictions! We saw Naruto's '+' eyes, didn't we? Sasuke's eyes are still kept under wraps! I think Sasuke has already awakened the Rinnegan. And probably the focus has now shifted to Naruto AND Sasuke vs Madara. And probably, if this is true we're gonna see a shocked Team Taka and more of all, a shocked Orochimaru!! Next chapter's gonna be full of surprises. Presumably with Naruto's current ability, he's gonna revive everyone on the battlefield who have died. Much like the ending of DBGT saying that this was my war and others were dragged into this. I just hope Naruto dosen't meet the same end as Goku did at the end of DBGT

Edited by narusaku256, 09 April 2014 - 07:04 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#39 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

It was not bad feelings, it's just that I wouldn't be bother if there wasn't a flashback of the wake up. I'm satisfied with what we got in this chapter. On the contrary, I'm optimist about what we get in this chapter. 

@Redragon: Thank you we have the exact same thought. NS moment wouldn't have fit in the chapter and the parallel is enough. 

Also, I wonder what is Naruto's new power, I didn't really get what he did when he placed his hand on Gai and his circle appeared on Gai's skin. 

what if he revives neji not saying he will but what if he does

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#40 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

why do  you want her to get stabbed so bad

First because of obirin parallel.

Second, I believe kishi will recycle the naruto vs garra fight in part one. Because I believe the one who will beat madara is naruto with the help of sasuke(while the one who finish it either obito or the pot). And make sasuke jealous thus lead to the last battle of narusasu.

Third, kishi will address or even one of sakura conflict(the "I cann't do much for naruto" feel). Remember in this manga have one/two conflict mean "screen time".

Of course this's just a theory since kishi can make the one who beat madara is naruto & sasukeh, and then address sakura feel after this arc.

@pumyte & toasty warrior
Because naruto is the spiritual successor of dragon ball?
And all guy attack has relation with the four celestial beast.

Edited by rocci, 09 April 2014 - 07:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users