Chapter 437 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/437/

Let's find out what happens... dry.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:31 AM

she aint dead till im 100% sure she is

the worst emotions he's ever felt uh? you know thryre gonna love that if she lives. though all those other deaths are part of it

Edited by Illmatic, 27 February 2009 - 04:33 AM.

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

... WHAT THE ****?!

The Nine-Tails chakra is now regenerating it's BONES on the OUTSIDE of Naruto's body?! It can do that?!

I mean, that's just insane!

And whether I knew it would happen or not, seeing Hinata go down like that was pretty hard. I doubt that she's getting up ever again, either. Not with the way Nagato was talking about his parents being killed.

God, I feel so depressed right now. That was hard to read. sad.gif

#4 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:35 AM

Wow... pain actually stabs her with the stick! Theres a whole panel dedicated to the sound it makes... gez

"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#5 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:40 AM

Well, I can't say I say I saw that coming. At all.

First, I was really disappointed that Naruto went nine-tails mode again, seeing as how it goes against the entire lecture Yamato gave Naruto after he went 4 tails aout using his own power.

Second, if Hinata lives, then I'm almost certain NaruHina will happen, as frustrating as that is to admit.

I mean, Kishi said he was really inspired by DBZ right? Well, look at the main couple in that series -> Goku and Chichi. The hero meets the girl when they're little, girl instantly has crush on said boy, and when they meet up again years later, the girl tells the hero she wants to marry him, and they get hitched. No development, nothing.

It's sort of parallel to how NaruHina has been, and thats whats making me most unsettled (other than the fact that Hinata confessed her love for Naruto TT_TT )
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:42 AM

I'm not exactly a fan of NaruHina, but I don't want Hinata to die! She had potential! Well, Kishi didn't really show it much, but she did! Or maybe it's from reading too many fanfictions. Ah damn... there goes the Hyuugacest ship 111193.gif

Also, was she THAT close to be able to jump into harm's way in a few second's notice? And this really makes me question Pain's power if he doesn't even look the least bit phased from Naruto's 6-tails power up.

I mean, Kishi said he was really inspired by DBZ right? Well, look at the main couple in that series -> Goku and Chichi. The hero meets the girl when they're little, girl instantly has crush on said boy, and when they meet up again years later, the girl tells the hero she wants to marry him, and they get hitched. No development, nothing.

It's sort of parallel to how NaruHina has been, and thats whats making me most unsettled (other than the fact that Hinata confessed her love for Naruto TT_TT )

But unlike DBZ, the main character does not already have a crush/love on someone else. Goku thought honeymoon was food! I doubt he had any romantic interests in anything at the time too. Whereas Naruto already had an interest in Sakura so things may not be as clear cut as you think it is.

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 27 February 2009 - 04:45 AM.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:45 AM

It's as I thought. Its impossible to tell if she's dead for good or not.

On the one hand, she doesn't speak as someone confessing in the hopes of the person returning anything. She talks like someone who thinks she's about to die.

On the other hand, this is still Kishimoto. She's still of the younger generation and it kinda smells like Chouji and Neji. Where the look dead, should be dead, but aren't.

It all comes down to what he has in mind. If this is meant as a final confirmation that she has changed and become strong like she wanted (represented by both the sacrifice and confession, then she's come full circle, resolved her personal goal, and will likely die. If it's meant a push for romance, she'll live. Or he could do something in between, but I'd prefer he didn't.

NaruSaku fans will want the former. NaruHina the latter. Personally, I want the former for reasons unrelated to pairings. I've wanted Naruto to experience an on screen tragedy like this for a long time. This is a fantastic opportunity to do that. An added bonus would be Naruto losing control and doing even more damage in a fit of rage. Ah, the personal torment would be amazing.

However, I really don't know what he means to do here and we probably won't find out until the fight as concluded.

EDIT: Missed the stab, which has me leaning toward the first option. That looks like a finishing her off type deal. That said, that's still not guarantee because, bottom line is, this is still Resurrection Jutsu Kishi.

#8 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Feb 27 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can't say I say I saw that coming. At all.

First, I was really disappointed that Naruto went nine-tails mode again, seeing as how it goes against the entire lecture Yamato gave Naruto after he went 4 tails aout using his own power.

Second, if Hinata lives, then I'm almost certain NaruHina will happen, as frustrating as that is to admit.

The difference was Goku wasn't madly in love with someone for a good clunk of the series before getting together with Chichi, as far as I know, so the no development kind of didn't matter.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#9 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

I agree with Nate, too me it looked like he just forced pushed her. Blood out the mouth doesn't equal death.

Naruto didn't seem like he was stricken too hard by her confession more like hes enraged that pein continues to kill the people around him from the village hes sworn to protect.

He was already at a boiling point and this was just the match igniting the gasoline. Thats how I see it anyway, take it for what its worth
\

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:57 AM

T_T I just feel like dying now, guys... since this reminds me of the Sorato fiasco in Digimon Adventure all over again... seriously... someone just kill me so I don't have to feel this pain that the NaruHina fans have won practically since Hinata confessed first, even if what Nate said is possible too.... shamefulcry0js.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I may be like this for a while....

Bryon

#11 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Feb 26 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difference was Goku wasn't madly in love with someone for a good clunk of the series before getting together with Chichi, as far as I know, so the no development kind of didn't matter.

And, that the series's other projected pairing isn't likely to get together because the author is trying to piss off the fans because he doesn't want to write the series anymore

Well, the two most likely results appear to be either NaruHina being canon or being killed off permanently.

Again, the thing that struck me most is not the injuries and perceived final blow, but how he makes her confess. As I said in my previous posts, she doesn't sound like someone confessing in the hopes their love is returned. It sounds like someone uttering what they think are going to be their finals words just before they die.

EDIT: Mike, what I missed initially is that Pein stabs her unconscious body. That's when Naruto transforms.

#12 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 26 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, that the series's other projected pairing isn't likely to get together because the author is trying to piss off the fans because he doesn't want to write the series anymore

Well, the two most likely results appear to be either NaruHina being canon or being killed off permanently.

Again, the thing that struck me most is not the injuries and perceived final blow, but how he makes her confess. As I said in my previous posts, she doesn't sound like someone confessing in the hopes their love is returned. It sounds like someone uttering what they think are going to be their finals words just before they die.

good stuff
\

#13 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Wow. What the heck. --Click here to view--
I haven't posted in ages, but I figured I would check out the forum's reaction for the latest chapter. Definitely a WTF sort of moment. Honestly, was there any point to the sudden confession in this chapter? Honestly, I almost expect to wake up and find out that was a bad scanlation. Considering how this has all been going, isn't this a bit jarring, or perhaps a bit of mood whiplash? Someone in a forum I frequent did mention that the likelihood of her survival is dependent on the whole redemption of Sasuke, as the default pairings come into play in that case, which just reeks of fail to me. Everything was going so well too, up until just now.

#14 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 27 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's as I thought. Its impossible to tell if she's dead for good or not.

On the one hand, she doesn't speak as someone confessing in the hopes of the person returning anything. She talks like someone who thinks she's about to die.

On the other hand, this is still Kishimoto. She's still of the younger generation and it kinda smells like Chouji and Neji. Where the look dead, should be dead, but aren't.

It all comes down to what he has in mind. If this is meant as a final confirmation that she has changed and become strong like she wanted (represented by both the sacrifice and confession, then she's come full circle, resolved her personal goal, and will likely die. If it's meant a push for romance, she'll live. Or he could do something in between, but I'd prefer he didn't.

NaruSaku fans will want the former. NaruHina the latter. Personally, I want the former for reasons unrelated to pairings. I've wanted Naruto to experience an on screen tragedy like this for a long time. This is a fantastic opportunity to do that. An added bonus would be Naruto losing control and doing even more damage in a fit of rage. Ah, the personal torment would be amazing.

However, I really don't know what he means to do here and we probably won't find out until the fight as concluded.

EDIT: Missed the stab, which has me leaning toward the first option. That looks like a finishing her off type deal. That said, that's still not guarantee because, bottom line is, this is still Resurrection Jutsu Kishi.

I'm starting to think the same thing as option one as well.

It did seem like a tragic confession, it wasn't fluffy, it was sad and morbid all mixed together.

Kishi said that Sakura as well as Kakashi will have a large ark.

Everyone thought this was going to be Kakashi's ark but what if it's Sakura ark instead.

Could the death of Hinata be the burst of everyone bubble, the catalyst.

Naruto, Sakura, Kiba, Shino, Neji. It could be a great start to an ark.

#15 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 26 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: Mike, what I missed initially is that Pein stabs her unconscious body. That's when Naruto transforms.

Well, some of what was said DOES make me feel better. =/ But still... you know the obsessed NaruHina fans're gonna try to use this against us....

Bryon

#16 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Feb 26 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. What the heck. --Click here to view--
I haven't posted in ages, but I figured I would check out the forum's reaction for the latest chapter. Definitely a WTF sort of moment. Honestly, was there any point to the sudden confession in this chapter? Honestly, I almost expect to wake up and find out that was a bad scanlation. Considering how this has all been going, isn't this a bit jarring, or perhaps a bit of mood whiplash? Someone in a forum I frequent did mention that the likelihood of her survival is dependent on the whole redemption of Sasuke, as the default pairings come into play in that case, which just reeks of fail to me. Everything was going so well too, up until just now.

Stuff like this and his tendency to save/revive the dead and should be dead are what prevent me from being confident in my prediction.

Well, some of what was said DOES make me feel better. =/ But still... you know the obsessed NaruHina fans're gonna try to use this against us....

Bryon

I'm sure they will, but why does it matter? I don't really care if they do as I expect we should have a more definitive answer about her condition within a few chapters.

#17 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

I think I need my inhaler... sad.gif
I really cant believe all the hints were just to keep narusaku fans interested. He is not going to just wake up and be inlove with her< Kishi has had time and opportunity to make naruhina believable and thus having him drop it in all its glory in our laps is just bad writing. Yes I know this is not a romantic genre but he could have done something more with the team 8 tag along mission. Im not going to go so far and say she's dead but I don't think this is the end of narusaku. And yes im shaking with nervousness. laugh.gif

Edited by SweetGoodbye18, 27 February 2009 - 05:25 AM.

It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#18 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

If there's one thing in the Narutoverse that's been portrayed as fatal, it's being impaled. (Unless you're a certain "Zombie Duo")
Haku, Zabuza, Sakon & Ukon, Sasori, Asuma, Jiraiya, Messanger Frog, and Fukasaku all met their end via impalement, and Sasuke would have died from Killerbee's swords if he hadn't have run Raiton through his body and been immediately healed by Karin. Really, this was different from all the "near deaths" in Naruto. Pain was clearly finishing the job, where as the Chouji and Neji cases were pretty ambiguous.

#19 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Feb 26 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there's one thing in the Narutoverse that's been portrayed as fatal, it's being impaled. (Unless you're a certain "Zombie Duo")
Haku, Zabuza, Sakon & Ukon, Sasori, Asuma, Jiraiya, Messanger Frog, and Fukasaku all met their end via impalement, and Sasuke would have died from Killerbee's swords if he hadn't have run Raiton through his body and been immediately healed by Karin. Really, this was different from all the "near deaths" in Naruto. Pain was clearly finishing the job, where as the Chouji and Neji cases were pretty ambiguous.

Although what you say does make sense... we still need a confirmation somehow. Seriously... I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi thinks up of something at the last second to save Hinata. Since like Nate said, Kishi hardly if ever, most likely never, kills the younger generation. We'll have to see if he has the guts to actually kill her or not, even if I don't want Hinata to die DX

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#20 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Feb 26 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A valid point. That strike looked like an insurance strike meant to make sure she's dead. It and the nature of the confession have me leaning this way, I just can't commit to it because of prior experiences with this manga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users