756 replies to this topic

#21 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

The Invasion of Pain. I skipped a few panels because it's long.

Naruto-Chapter4292_zpscd22fd7c.png

Naruto-Chapter4293_zpse448fdee.png

Naruto-Chapter4302_zps57e65822.png

Naruto-Chapter4304_zps7d632fb5.png

Naruto-Chapter4382_zps1227c551.png

Naruto-Chapter4383_zps63ee1f4b.png

Naruto-Chapter4386_zpse63eac61.png

Naruto-Chapter4387_zps49d3a886.png

Naruto-Chapter4421_zps4a90514d.png

Naruto-Chapter4422_zps0c8581a3.png

Naruto-Chapter4423_zpsfca4c36e.png

Naruto-Chapter4431_zpsb6acd478.png

Naruto-Chapter4432_zpse730e4af.png

Naruto-Chapter4433_zps40ee6538.png

Naruto-Chapter4501_zps8b0c030b.png

Naruto-Chapter4502_zpsb62f9bce.png

Naruto-Chapter4503_zpscbb13dc6.png

Naruto-Chapter4504_zps94f06fc2.png

Naruto-Chapter4505_zpsf831da4a.png

What happens in this scene? Pain attacked Konoha and blew it up with a powerful jutsu. Sakura appears from inside a fragment of Katsuyu and is horrified at this course of events. She screams Naruto's name in desperation. The battle with Pain ensues, you know how it goes. Kishimoto goes out of his way to show that Sakura doesn't know what's happening with the battle. Hinata confesses. Sakura is dismayed when she hears of this. Naruto defeats Pain and returns. Sakura hugs him to show her gratitude and affection for him.

Why wasn't Sakura the one to help Naruto instead of Hinata? Sakura did not attempt to assist Naruto directly because she's not that kind of ninja. Hinata is, or rather, Hinata doesn't have any useful application as a ninja other than direct combat, despite the fact that she's not particularly good at it. Also she can't see what's going on. It is telling that Kishimoto chose to establish this fact so clearly. Why is it even important if Sakura doesn't and will never love Naruto? Kishimoto did that because at this point, he cared about what he was doing. He wanted to make sure that Hinata's confession wouldn't make Sakura look bad. This sounds so ridiculous to say when you consider what happened later.

Why did the knowledge that Hinata loves Naruto hurt Sakura? There is only one possible interpretation. Let's talk about an interpretation that doesn't make sense first. Sakura feels bad for Hinata because Hinata failed to really help Naruto and she was forced to reveal her likely unrequited feelings in this way. This would require sympathy on the part of Sakura towards Hinata. However, if Sakura felt this way, why then would she go and hug Naruto in front of Hinata? Wouldn't this make Hinata feel left out or even make her think that her and Naruto are together? Couldn't this really hurt Hinata or at least give her the wrong idea? So that doesn't work, at all. Not that it was very credible to begin with.

The only interpretation that works is that Sakura reacts this way because she, too, has feelings for Naruto. This is honestly not even debatable. She would not have shoved her intimacy with Naruto in Hinata's face as she did if anything else were the case. Also, Sakura's thoughts depict a confident looking Naruto. The sympathy angle would not really correspond with picturing Naruto in this way. But if she has feelings for him then it makes perfect sense. I mean, now Naruto knows that Hinata is interested in him. So Sakura could potentially lose him to Hinata, who she probably views as prettier than her since Sakura is insecure. If I wanted to get extra psychological about this, I would make something of the fact that the perspective is centered on Hinata's chest in that panel, but it's not even necessary to go that far. 

The story is telling us that Sakura loves or at least likes Naruto here.

What's the significance of the hug? Sakura hugs Naruto because he's her hero and she wanted him to know that. She was terrified about what was happening in Konoha. This is evident from the panels showing her trembling with tears in her eyes. She screamed Naruto's name despite the fact that there would have been no way Naruto could have heard her. She was desperate. She felt hopeless and had no idea what to do. But Naruto did in fact arrive. He came and saved her and everyone else like the true hero that he was. The impact that this would have had on Sakura would have been immense. If the manga hadn't gone in such a screwed up direction, I think that her heart would belong to Naruto forever after this moment. It's the most likely result given who Naruto and Sakura were to each other and what happened.

The intimacy of the hug is an attempt to reflect this. It's a display of vulnerability on the part of Sakura towards Naruto. Because she felt horribly vulnerable and helpless throughout this whole situation until Naruto showed up and protected her. So after the obligatory punch, she bears her heart to Naruto for the first time. The incidences of Sakura's care for Naruto in the story usually had something else going on. They would be interrupted, there would be something more important going on, or Naruto wouldn't be aware of Sakura in the scene. But the hug is a pure moment. It's a naked display of emotion from Sakura. She's saying that she feels grateful towards Naruto, she trusts him completely, and, well, she loves him. I usually don't put this much of my own subjective interpretations into this, but this moment is so powerful that it can't really be overstated. Moving on.

So what does this mean for NaruSaku? It should have been the realization of NaruSaku. Instead, Kishimoto shot it in the foot with the "fake" confession later, because he wanted to keep pairing wars going. But seriously how is this not NaruSaku already happening? Naruto loves Sakura. Sakura has feelings for Naruto. She expresses them. Naruto is shocked and happy. End scene. The only way that NaruSaku doesn't end up being canon is if you later backpedal and say "Hey wait, maybe Sakura didn't make the decision that she clearly made here!"

Which is exactly what happened.

Did Naruto love Sakura at this point? Yes.

Did Sakura love Naruto at this point? If the manga had ended here, then yes. Absolutely.

Sasuke is not mentioned at all, nor does he matter at all. Nor does what she feels for Sasuke even matter. She can have feelings for both, but obviously she's picking Naruto, considering she just shut down Hinata in the way that she did. To do what she did if she really still loves Sasuke and doesn't love Naruto would be absurd. If Sakura risked alienating Hinata in this way when she doesn't even want to be with Naruto, she really would be a terrible woman. 

Rating: 5. Because f*** what happened after this. This was perfect. Why did you have to screw up something good? The hug was very intimate. Naruto was heroic. Sakura was so in character with punching him and then holding him tenderly. It almost couldn't have been done any better. Hinata was also resolved by the fact that she smiles afterwards. She is happy to see that Naruto is going to achieve his dreams. This is the end of the Hinata crush subplot. She went outside her comfort zone and told Naruto how she felt in a dangerous situation. It's off her chest and she can move on. Instead, people whined and complained and the diamond that was NS was swapped out with a crappy cubic zirconia of NH/SS.

And Sakura was made into a terrible woman. She wasn't interested in Naruto, but got territorial with him in the face of a girl who just almost died confessing to him. A girl who is shy and has basically no confidence in herself. She decided to rub the fact in Hinata's face that she could take Naruto away from Hinata whenever she wanted to, even though she really only wanted Sasuke as we can tell by the ending. If you think I'm making too much out of this, think about it. Hinata had recovered by that point. If Sakura had not approached Naruto, Hinata would likely have gotten an opportunity to speak to him about her feelings. An opportunity she ultimately never got. So if Sakura doesn't really want to be with Naruto, she's horrendous for doing this. This is not disputable.

So Sakura looks awful in retrospect. But Kishimoto wasn't fair to her. Her feelings for Naruto were real and she had the courage to act on them because that's the kind of character she was. If someone tries to tell you otherwise, they don't know what they are talking about. If they try to tell you that the hug doesn't mean she has feelings for Naruto, they don't know what they are talking about, plus they're lazy, stupid, and they're overlooking the presence of Hinata. Which is ironic because Hinata is the most important character in the world to anyone who would try to argue this.

So Kishimoto completely f***ed up his life's work when he sabotaged this moment later on for the sake of pairing wars and ultimately ruined the moment with the ending.

ycPQ99Z.png

Look at the way Sakura is holding Naruto. This is not a hug that you would see between two friends. She has a hand resting on his neck and collarbone and an arm around his shoulder and back. She then pulls his head and torso towards her, pressing her own upper body against his. She whispers "Thank you" with her eyes closed. It's an extremely tender and heartfelt gesture on her part.

Sakura wanted to be close to him. She did in fact get so close to him that Naruto was too shocked to even react. He never thought something like this would ever happen. 

Too bad Kishimoto ripped it away from him in the cruelest way possible.

Edited by DrK, 30 November 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#22 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

Even though it was after a bunch of chaos and such, I'd like to see you cover the war scene of Sakura saving Naruto's life. The CPR scene. 

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#23 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:03 AM

Even though it was after a bunch of chaos and such, I'd like to see you cover the war scene of Sakura saving Naruto's life. The CPR scene. 

Yeah, this was the other one I was definitely going to do. The inappropriateness of it given the ending is much more obvious than these others, but it's notable because of this.

Actually the other NS moment in the war with Minato is like that too. It's as if Kishimoto was doing it on purpose.

Edited by DrK, 28 November 2017 - 04:16 AM.

#24 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

Honestly I don't think Sakura jumped into the pain fight because 1. Her priority is healing, 2. It's out of her depth 3.she was pretty distant from the fight, couldn't see what was going on and 4. She's not a complete brain dead dolt at that point in the story bent on selfishly
Suiciding herself

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 28 November 2017 - 04:50 AM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#25 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:57 AM

Honestly I don't think Sakura jumped into the pain fight because 1. Her priority is healing, 2. It's out of her depth 3.she was pretty distant from the fight, couldn't see what was going on and 4. She's not a complete brain dead dolt at that point in the story bent on selfishly
Suiciding herself

It doesn't mean anything one way or the other that she didn't, but the fact that Kishimoto went so far out of his way to tell you that she couldn't see what was going on is telling.

In my time travel story that I wrote I had her do it after Hinata was disabled. This makes her acknowledge out loud that Naruto is her most precious person. This has the result of Naruto responding to his father that they aren't official, but she's the most important person to him and he knows she feels the same way about him. Sakura is touched by this. As a result she sees no need to humiliate herself in front of Sasuke. Everybody wins. That's what happens when characters actually act realistically instead of at the whims of a mangaka who long since lost interest.

Well, Sasuke doesn't win because Sarada went back in time and both her and Sakura marry Naruto, but whatever. That's beside the point.

Edited by DrK, 28 November 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#26 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

Yea pretty much, I mean if she'd been able to see, results might have been different, but then again, so many things could have been different :argh: Narurada, that's a new one lol

#27 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:02 AM

Suiciding herself

Also, to add an addendum to that, Tsuki, 5. Sakura knew what Naruto was capable of, and knew he could defeat Pain.

#28 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:02 AM

Yea pretty much, I mean if she'd been able to see, results might have been different, but then again, so many things could have been different :argh: Narurada, that's a new one lol

It was mostly for the purposes of Sasuke getting really pissed off watching it from the afterlife.

#29 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Sasuke be like"Why have her when you could have had me Naruto?" On the inside. :fu:

#30 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:46 AM

The Heaven and Earth birdge scene to me was far more powerful than Hinata's confession. It's because Sakura was willing to really sacrifice herself for Naruto's sake. Even when Naruto was the monster, she never saw him as one. She didn't pity him, she just felt bad for all the pain he went through for something that never should have happened in the first place. She wasn't sacred for Sasuke...she was scared for Naruto. This is unlike Hinata's scene where she says that she is doing it for her own selfish desires. She is not saving him from death. Naruto wasn't going to die right then and there because Pain was going to take Naruto alive to extract the Bijuu. So this scene, to me, feels more romantic, but because it was just an over-blown meldramatic kitten, people didn;t see it that way.

It's funny when Analyzer mentioned us wanting a "ham-fisted" rejection and yet everything Hinata did was seen as romantice or some kind of confession and yet the only reason why her confession is talked about is BECAUSE it was ham-fisted.

It comes down to this, NaruSaku's moments may not look overblown and ham-fisted or "romantic," but that doesn't mean they aren't. Actually, the more subtle the better cause that is what real love is. Real love is not some rainbows and butterflies heart shaped haze that surrounds lovers like some fantasy. True love is gritty and looks messy, but in the mess you feel the spirit between them

This is unlike most NH scenes where it is all "Looks gawdy and forced fantasy bull," all the while having no spirit behind them. When you have Junko say "I feel nothing between them," you feel it. NH doesn't "feel" like a real loving couple because they have no connections. And since everybody bases the entire kittening relationship on "Because Hinata loves him."

I promise, ask people why NH deserve to be together and all they talk about is how Hiata did this, and how HInata felt that. Nothing about whether they had a connection, but because Hinata is ham-fisted sweet and shy...she was quote unquote "The best." These people are disgusting that they don't know true love when they see it. Do you guys want christmas trees on that kitten too?

People only like NH because "it is shiny" and they are dumb animals that only look at "shiny" things....even if that shiny thing is just a plastic doorknob you can get in a bargain bin. Meanwhile, NaruSaku is like an obisian rock from a volcanico. It doesn't look that great at first, but show it in the light and it sparkles brighter and is more precious that that cheap peice of knock off

True love isn't about getting what YOU want...it is about the person you love being the happiest they can be. Hinata is not in love with Naruto because if she truly was she would have cared about him more than she does herself. It is easy to jump infront of a bullet...not so easy to willing give up your own happiness for theirs. That is true love.

I could say the same with NH with Naruto ignoring her and telling her that she doesn't need him to feel strong. (when he saved her from the white zetsu clones) Couldn't that be seen as a kind of rejection?

It's similar to Kira ("Jesus") Yamato and Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED / Destiny. I don't hate the pairing, but at the same time, I don't feel any actual "love" or "romance" between them, even when they're together on screen (unlike Athrun and Cagalli by the end of SEED), but more of a friendship due to (now) having similar values, but whenever I ask people what makes them such a great pairing, 99% of the time they'll just say, "Because they look so good / cute together!" and it just irritates me to no end.

Heck, you can even mention that Sakura wanted and asked to learn Yamato's technique to keep Naruto's kyuubi at bay so he no longer suffers from it, but Yamato said she can;t because she doesn't have wood technique. I never see Hinata doing that. I never see Hinata doing anything about the real problems Naruto faced. She never cared unless she was right in front of him. For a person who stalks him...she knows very little about him. She doesn't even understand all the pain he went through with Sasuke.

How can this woman say she loves this man when she literally knows NOTHING about him...meanwhile, Sakura knew it all and then some. Even if the ending shat on her, she still knows more about Naruto than Hinata ever will.

I hate it....I hate it when so many fans ignore this because "Hinata looks so cute and amazing." I hate it when so many fans only acknowledge what "looks good" rather than what is good. They don't see it like we do and it breaks my heart. All they cared about was their damn fantasies meanwhile we saw these characters as almost real...they may have won the so called war, but the paradise they won is a toxic waste dump.

This is why I always say we are the true fans. To us, these were more than just characters...they were ideals. Just like Goku, Superman, and many other characters we connect with. The fact that those ideals were thrown out because some spoiled brats wanted their way....that is the true tragedy of this series.

It goes to show how, at the time anyway, Sakura was truly growing up while Hinata wasn't.

Both Sakura and Hinata started with crushes filled with mental fantasies about Sasuke and Naruto respectively without ever truly getting to know them. However, as time went on, Sakura was letting go of those fantasies and being able to see the REAL Sasuke and Naruto (part two even having "Inner Sakura", her REAL thoughts and feelings on things throughout part one, completely hone, meaning everything she was saying and showing Naruto, in both words and actions, were how she truly felt) whereas Hinata was completely stagnant or even regressed and STILL only saw the Naruto of her fantasies rather than the Naruto of reality.

It's hard not to, my man. It is hard not to. I am just glad I got people who understand and share in my pain so we can stick together despite it all.

We loved this series so much. We weren't NS fans because we were self-insertive and wanted a fantasy. We were NS fans because we saw these characters for who they are. Like you, I was NH as well until I saw something better. Something more real. Something that connected better than a fantasy that doesn't exist. NH is NOT real. That is NOT how relationships work and it is NOT how they are happy. I know because I tried living a very similar set up and I was miserable. She became too clingy and too jealous. She made my life miserable and unhappy and that is how I see it now.

And to see Sakura being treated not just by Sasuke, but by the fans so harshly just because she exists is down right disgusting. They will never see the characters how we saw them. They may have been fictional, but they were real to us and seeing them face what they face is like seeing ourselves. If they can overcome, we can overcome. We are not them, but we know what it was like to be them. To see Kishimoto give up on them...give up on all of it jsut to suit someone else just tells me "Give up on your dreams and just go with what you can get. Be thankful because you suck."

I don't know how much this means to you, but for someone like me...with what I have been through. Naruto was the one thing that kept me in line. Naruto and Superman. Now it is just Superman and Saitama with Naruto tell me to give up and accept whatever is told to me.

I want to believe Kishimoto was forced. I want to believe that this isn't what he wanted, but I can't pretend it is like that. I can't pretend anything anymore because I am reminded more and more of the horrible people that exist in this fandom.

"NH has to be canon because I said so. kitten everyone else."

Is that really what a fan means to just not care about everything they ben through? I should be happy that Naruto settled for Hinata because she has huge kittens and is a stalker? No...never. I refuse. This is why I see us as true fans. It is more than like liking the series...it is about seeing thing the pairing fans can't. We just so happen to be NS fans. And all the anti-enders see it too. This is why they say all of this.

And I still want to ask...Was NaruSaku really such a bad thing? Did you really think the end of the world would happen if NS occured? I guess so.

"Am I better off dead?
Am I better off a quitter?
They say I'm better off now
Than I ever was with her
As they take me to my local down the street
I'm smiling but I'm dying trying not to drag my feet

They say a few drinks will help me to forget her
But after one too many I know that I'll never
Only they can’t see where this is gonna end
They all think I'm crazy but to me it's perfect sense"

You can seriously ask such people something like, "What if (insert anime/manga they like with pairings) suddenly (insert crap Kishi did with Naruto)? Would you be perfectly fine if that happened?"

They'll either answer honestly (that they would hate it) and not realize the sheer hypocrisy until you call them out on it or they'll be dead silent before instantly resorting to personal insults and the usual schtick, trying to avoid having to answer the question since they quickly realize the hypocrisy.

2e5.gif

#31 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

It goes to show how, at the time anyway, Sakura was truly growing up while Hinata wasn't.

Both Sakura and Hinata started with crushes filled with mental fantasies about Sasuke and Naruto respectively without ever truly getting to know them. However, as time went on, Sakura was letting go of those fantasies and being able to see the REAL Sasuke and Naruto (part two even having "Inner Sakura", her REAL thoughts and feelings on things throughout part one, completely hone, meaning everything she was saying and showing Naruto, in both words and actions, were how she truly felt) whereas Hinata was completely stagnant or even regressed and STILL only saw the Naruto of her fantasies rather than the Naruto of reality.

The sad thing is that nothing needed to be made of Hinata's shallowness in this area. She could have been a completely fine and respectable side character that was well liked. Her subplot with Naruto simply needed to end at Pain arc. It was resolved with her smiling at seeing him and Sakura together. It was over. Don't dig it up again. Certainly don't s*** on both Sakura and Hinata by changing the pairings 600 chapters in.

#32 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

The sad thing is that nothing needed to be made of Hinata's shallowness in this area. She could have been a completely fine and respectable side character that was well liked. Her subplot with Naruto simply needed to end at Pain arc. It was resolved with her smiling at seeing him and Sakura together. It was over. Don't dig it up again. Certainly don't s*** on both Sakura and Hinata by changing the pairings 600 chapters in.

And it was even repeated with the War Arc with her promising herself that she would STOP pursuing Naruto after the war was over.

2e5.gif

#33 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:25 AM

And it was even repeated with the War Arc with her promising herself that she would STOP pursuing Naruto after the war was over.

Well, she stopped because Naruto would run towards her, of course. Because she instinctively knew that Kishimoto had ripped Sakura's spine out and sucked her soul out of her body. So she's not in the way anymore and Naruto will pursue the silver medal. So many scenes have disgusting implications when you look at them with the ending in mind, not just the NS ones. James asked me about the love letter ninja scene in a PM and I told him my thoughts about it, I might post them here later. It's also OOC based on the developments that were established.

Edited by DrK, 28 November 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#34 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:31 AM

Too bad The Last showed her to be a liar when she just got super upset about Naruto's scarf from his mom, thinking some other girl gave it to him and how she couldn't be happy about that possibility XP

#35 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Too bad The Last showed her to be a liar when she just got super upset about Naruto's scarf from his mom, thinking some other girl gave it to him and how she couldn't be happy about that possibility XP

Something that pro enders don't understand and will probably never understand is that the ending makes Hinata look like s***, too. She had the potential to come off as an amazing female character. If Naruto had been with Sakura and Hinata supported it, she would have looked so mature and incredible. Her love for Naruto a hundred times more genuine and heartfelt. No one would be able to say a damn thing against her. Especially since Neji would have lived. Instead there is a massive amount of people who hate her with a passion.

Edited by DrK, 28 November 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#36 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

Something that pro enders don't understand and will probably never understand is that the ending makes Hinata look like s***, too. She had the potential to come off as an amazing female character. If Naruto had been with Sakura and Hinata supported it, she would have looked so mature and incredible. Her love for Naruto a hundred times more genuine and heartfelt. No one would be able to say a damn thing against her. Especially since Neji would have lived. Instead there is a massive amount of people who hate her with a passion.

Exactly, but everyone fell for the moe princess because of Studio Pierrot's bias favoring her in too many ways that led to the fans that can be super delusional about how Hinata doesn't have that much growth going for her in canon, which does a real number, and why I said that I don't hate Hinata, but I hate how because of her stupid fans that she has a LOT of wasted potential just flushed down the toilet!

#37 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

The pairings weren't changed. Kishimoto stuck by his plan. 600 chapters does include the chapter Sakura's Confession, you know.

Cool, you're doing it again with the focus on the replies. I don't care. Go to hell. I won't reply to you in this thread after this.

I will defend the real Sakura and Naruto to the bitter end. You know why? Because during the run of the manga, I never did. I read with very little investment and I didn't care. And as a result, Kishimoto listened to you and disgusting people who thought like you. He ripped the characterization to shreds and made their actions look horrible in retrospect just to suit pairing fans. You see this, but you don't acknowledge it.

You can read, but you can't understand.

You don't have a connection to or an appreciation of the emotions at play in this manga and you never will.

Edited by DrK, 28 November 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#38 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Cool, you're doing it again with the focus on the replies. I don't care. Go to hell. I won't reply to you in this thread after this.

I will defend the real Sakura and Naruto to the bitter end. You know why? Because during the run of the manga, I never did. I read with very little investment and I didn't care. And as a result, Kishimoto listened to you and disgusting people who thought like you. He ripped the characterization to shreds and made their actions look horrible in retrospect just to suit pairing fans. You see this, but you don't acknowledge it.

You can read, but you can't understand.

You don't have a connection to or an appreciation of the emotions at play in this manga and you never will.

Ouch....someone call the fire department because I think someone got burned.

Speaking of topics,there was one scene I would like you to look at Drk if you don't mind and that is when Naruto and Sakura first met each other after the two year timeskip. The one where Sakura asks Naruto if she looks more womanly? There was also another small scene with Gamakichi telling that Sakura is "this" to Naruto and he holds up the pinky finger usually meaning the red string of fate. I am sorry, I don't remember what chapter this happens, but when you can I want to hear your words of it. I could give my opinion on it, but I rather hear you or if someone else wants a try to give one.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#39 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Ouch....someone call the fire department because I think someone got burned.

Speaking of topics,there was one scene I would like you to look at Drk if you don't mind and that is when Naruto and Sakura first met each other after the two year timeskip. The one where Sakura asks Naruto if she looks more womanly? There was also another small scene with Gamakichi telling that Sakura is "this" to Naruto and he holds up the pinky finger usually meaning the red string of fate. I am sorry, I don't remember what chapter this happens, but when you can I want to hear your words of it. I could give my opinion on it, but I rather hear you or if someone else wants a try to give one.

Yeah, the Gamakichi thing was from Part 1 around the Gaara fight, I think? I will try to do the first Shippuden meeting at some point.

#40 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Okay, but the "real Sakura and Naruto" as you define them don't exist. Still, freedom of speech and beliefs, but Sakura and Naruto are and always will remain Sakura and Naruto, their spouses do not redefine them.

What I don't like though, is your claim that "Kishimoto listened to me and disgusing people who thought like me"...given I never spoke a word to Kishimoto. Given, I wanted NS too, but I'm not so narrow-minded to believe that is Kishimoto's only good option or that I was entitled to it. I don't see the ruining by fans, because it doesn't exist, or evidence doesn't exist for it. I don't acknowledge it, because it's not true.

I read what you write for this reason, and debunk it because it's not true.

I certainly do appreciate the emotions in the manga, but understand what they are and do not attribute them to things they aren't.

But most of all, while I may come off as sarcastic or condescending at times, I never directly insult other users or tell them to "go to hell" or imply they are "disgusting". Take a step back. We're debating fiction, nothing life important. I do not mind disagreeing, I do mind harsh language that is absolutely unnecessary.

People are tired of talking to you. You dismiss everything you don't like as "subjective" get some new material bruh.

I'm "bashing" Hinata because my "subjective" opinion is that she repeatedly does the same stupid thing.

Not really bashing so much as a reality based complaint about someone doing something idiotic. But w/e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users