Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Aug 5 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The moment Dark sees this you'll get fitness 101. Don't worry, she's a pro at this.

XDDD I hadn't seen it until today, and I was like OH GOODIE. Even though Sora's already spoken to me.

QUOTE (Melancholy Vixen @ Aug 5 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and don't push yourself really hard at first! arg.gif

I made that mistake once and I was huuurrrtiiiiinngg....

That's probably one of the biggest mistakes people do when they start a diet. You can't just jump into it and make such a dramatic change. If you normally don't workout, or haven't worked out at all, it's best to start slowly and then challenge it week by week. You can't go from Level 0 to Level 8 in the first week, or you'll burn yourself out. And, it's very painful. XD That's a good tip though.

QUOTE (Ashley @ Aug 5 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only tips I have are:

1. Avoid ANY junk food as much as possible
2. There's this myth about not eating after 8:00 pm and it will make you lose calories(but it's just a myth tongue.gif)
3. Exercise, but don't over-do it!

Meh, IDK. I hope this helps!

It's a myth, and a false one. A calorie is a calorie, whether or not it's eaten at 9 PM or 3 AM. It's a sort of 'word of mouth' kind of thing, where most of the people who spread it aren't really aware of what they're really saying, so it's usually not good to listen to anything that is considered a 'myth'. I prefer following tips that have actually been proven.

The myth may seem true for two reasons:

- people have a tendency to binge eat at night. 'Midnight Snacks' are both good and bad. If you have a slice of pizza, then it's bad, obviously. If you're 'binging' on an apple. Well, you kind of get the idea. XDDD
Personally, I have no problem with a midnight snack as long as it's a healthy SNACK and not a MEAL.

- most people go to sleep at around 9 or 10. Some doctors, and even trainers like myself, tell their clients that it's best to eat dinner a minimum of 3 hours before they usually go to bed. 'I' do it so they don't get hungry and snack on something unhealthy. But it's really just so that the body can have time to digest the food correctly. It's doesn't mean you'll lose more weight, at all.

Not eating will not make you lose calories. It will just make you digest less calories, but it won't be burning it unless you're on a treadmill. Exercise and other small things (chewing, going to the bathroom) burn calories. You will NOT burn calories by taking pills, shakes, etc. It's all a big lie, no matter how much of a result you think you've seen.

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Aug 5 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A psychological tip.

Don't hop on the scale everyday. It's better to weigh every few days or once a week. Those who weigh themselves everyday can fall into a trap of unrealistic expectations on how their diet should be working and can easily get frustrated with their weight loss plans.

I think that's probably one of the best tips. I like to weigh my clients every first day of the month. So, ONCE a month or every 2 weeks (if you insist) is the best way to see results and feel proud. Would you rather see one or two pounds a week, or 8 in one month?

smile.gif

and that's all for now folks. XDDDD

#22 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

these are typical guidlelines for most diets

have a goal that's reasonable and attainable to yourself

eat more fruits and vegetables

lessen on red meat and eat more steamed poultry chicken? turkey? skinless?

cut down on junk food and fast food.

water will be your best friend. no more soda.

3 meals a day. no skipping.

sleep more. minimum 6-8 hours

exercise at most one hour a day
cardio is good for sculpting the body
strength training is good for building muscle

don't overwork yourself

uhh uhh,

that is what i do for my diet. good luck. smile.gif
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users