375 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hey guys, I noticed that there are a few people here just as interested in these films as I, so I thought I would make a thread where we could all discuss our thoughts on super hero films/shows/news, specifically or generally. It can be super heroes from any part of the world. Please try not to bash something, you may discuss what you felt did not work about something or what won't work about something, but please do not bash or flame. I know sometime the line blurs a little bit there, I will try to keep myself in check too.
facepalm.png facepalm.png :teehee:
I'll start off with my general thoughts:

Thor, I'm very excited for, especially with Branagh at the helm, but at the same time I'm also kind of wary of that fact, since as a director in the past he has proven a bit self-absorbed. As far as the actors thus far... I haven't seen the Star Trek movie yet so I don't know how well Chris Helmsworth will do as Thor, he's definitely a younger Thor. As for the casting of Loki, Tom Hiddleston looks to be someone Branagh may have pulled from the stage, since I haven't heard of or seen any of the films he's been in.

Iron Man 2 Generally so far, there have been few tidbits out about this film, we know the main villain is going to be Whiplash, played by Mickey Rourke. Personally Whiplash is a very obscur character, and I don't understand how Iron Man wouldn't just blast him away, but I trust Favreau because of the first film, and Iron Man like the Hulk tends to have more obscure villains, if not ones that all seem to be the same. Magic is a hard element to introduce when so much of the first film is about technology, so I can understand why Favreau may not use Iron Man's greatest arch nemesis, the Mandarin. -- which when they cast it, I hope is played by an Asian Actor. LOL maybe they'll use Fin Fang Foom. laugh.gif

The First Avenger: Captain America not much on this film yet either even though it's supposed to be one of the earlier installments in Marvels upcoming slots of films. But from the sounds of things it'll play like a war film, which Captain America is deeply rooted in. Anyone know anymore about this project?

Spider-man 4 It is being rescripted again, which is done with any Hollywood film. Personally I was surprised who they got to do the second draft of the film. The Spider-Man 4 script was originally written by James Vanderbilt, and then rewritten by David Lindsay-Abaire, a good playwright, and now it's being rewritten by the guy who helped write other Tobey McGuire films, Pleasantville and Seabiscuit. The main villain has been stated as being specific to New York... so buzz has been around the king pin, but I can't remember if Fox still has the rights to that character. Plus when you think about it, almost all of Spidey's villains are rooted in New York.

It seems all the original players are back from the last film, and interestingly so is the guy who played the thief who killed uncle Ben, whom teased reporters about him having a bigger role in this film than the last three. If he winds up playing the villain my thoughts: meh. In the last film we saw Peter come to terms with what happened when he forgave Sandman, so what importance does this guy have?

Honestly, I wish someone else would take the helms and that they would get new actors. I like continuity in films, but it just kind of felt like everyone was tired of making these films in the last installments, especially the actors -- with perhaps the exception of Harry, who's role was just too fun. When the audience can tell the actor isn't enjoying themselves anymore, they have no stoke in taking them seriously. I want some new life breathed into the Spidey universe, since he's my favorite super hero.

Venom spin-off I didn't think they would have this one up so early, but the cogs have already begun turning on this project. The script is off, I believe they're on their second draft already, and rumor has it this film will come out before the next Spidey film.

I don't feel Venom makes a good protagonist. I've never read his stand alone comics for that reason, so I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Deadpool Le sigh, another Ryan Reynolds project. It'll be funny, and again, he was my choice for the character. Ryan has reported that he will break the 4rth wall. So I wonder if they'll introduce some mysticism, seeing as that's how he knows he's a comic book character in the comics.

Magneto/ Professor X spin-offs honestly just not interested in these two films. We've seen many holocaust films already, and war films.

Wolverine 2 Word is they're already scripting this as well, but that the Deadpool film will come first.

Avengers I'm excited for this one because as seen the Hulk and Iron Man, under the cohesive production studio of Marvel, it looks like they've begun to shape their world already. It'll be nice to see how it turns out.

Superman project They haven't completely booted Brandon Routh out, his contract has just expired for making another one, but he said he'd come back to do one if asked. There's also an interesting stipulation. Due to the case between Warner Bros and the owners of Superman, WB must have the movie out by the end of 2011, otherwise they would have to pay additional copyright fees to the owners of Superman, who get the creative rights back in 2012. This means if they want to make this film, they have to fast track it.

Reportedly a while back, Mark (or Frank I can't remember which of the two off-hand)Miller had already made a draft of a film for WB, one that supposedly saw the man of steel vs Brainiac. I don't know why they didn't do it. I believe it was around the time Dark Knight was still out. The studio re-thought their plans, believing that in order to make a successful Supes film, they had to make it darker like the Dark Knight... Okay everyone all-together now: facepalm.png facepalm.png facepalm.png facepalm.png hopefully they've run that foolishness out of their minds.

To me one of the things that didn't work about Returns is the Hero vs Villain dynamic. To me, the only way to make Luthor work is to use the dynamic of "Only one can defeat the other" meaning no one else in the world can best Luthor but Super man and vice-versa. They didn't do that, so in turn I simply wanted something for Superman to punch, but no once did he throw a punch in Returns... So yes, I'm a simpleton, but I hope he gets to hit someone or something.

Batman 3 honestly I felt the last film was so good, that if they didn't make a new one I'd be surprised but I'd also be okay with that. I know WB probably desperately wants to make another one. The rumor mill went completely wild about this film around the time the Dark Knight made it's second theatrical run to remind the Academy of it's performances and to try and sink 'the Boat'. The gamit ran from adult film star Tera Patrick to Angelina Jolie playing the role of Cat Woman, to Eddie Murphy or Johnny Depp playing the Riddler. Rumor mill aside, which villain would you like to see Nolan-ized? Originally for the second film they were going to introduce Talia as a villain but left that prospect unavoidably for the most famous Batman villain, the Joker. Me, right now I don't know who I'd see being the villain(s) in the third installment.

Green Lantern I told my roommate the other night that I'm very excited to see the DC films, since I'm not very familiar with them, other than their posterboys, Batman and Superman. So I'll be going into this one with a blank slate. Very excited.

Justice League film I said it in the other thread about GL but I'll say it here too: I don't think any of the main stand alone film versions will be seen in this film. The universe for Nolan's Batman seems too different.

Wonder Woman Supposedly awhile back when they were casting for the JL movie, they were going to use the WW from that film to make the stand alone, but then JL disappeared into a void and so did prospects for this film. If I remember right, they had gotten a super model to play the role and not an actress... usually a mistake. Thoughts? Any new news?

Green Arrow: Escape from Super Max Interesting sounding project. David Goyer, writing of Blade... one of them, and co-writer of Dark Knight, penned this and believe still is. It's interesting because it's about Green Arrow being set up for a crime he didn't commit and then being imprisoned in the super villain maximum security place with the some of the same people he helped imprison. From the sounds of the prison, it's one that constantly is movie, similar to the one constructed in "The Cube" movies, just... less violent.

Ant-man Yes... This film is still in creative limbo, but the director has me curious. It's Edgar Wright. The director of the famous Simon Pegg vehicles, Shaun of the Dead which I loved, and Hot Fuzz which is also fun but just not as smart. I just wonder, what they would do with the story. Any ideas?

Hulk 2 I seriously have doubts about this even lifting up from simple thoughts. It was hard enough to get it off the ground the first time, what with their star being so difficult, and pulling kind of a diva-ish act. Plus after Abomination I don't really see who else they could get as a good villain. The Leader is obscure and kind of too comical.

Hannibal King Van Helsing? tongue.gif

Smallville movie Interesting little news is that this has been slated by WB as something slated for the release by the end of next year. Does this point to the show's end? It could, and what better way then to have a bigger budgeted studio helm you make and release it?

Pandaman This is a Superhero from another country... and honestly of all the creatures to use as a basis for a superhero... it had to be a panda? They're like ... one of the slowest things on the earth aren't they? What's he going to do?? Sit around and eat bamboo? Anyway I caught a glimpse of this awhile back. As an interesting side note, apparently not many other countries in the world consider tight-wearing cape super heroes all that appealing. There was a festival though that showcase some up and comers from other countries and Pandaman stuck with me the most as... I was thinking exactly what I did above. And here's a random article I found describing it: Insert hilarious Panda Man theme song here. ... it looks like they're hoping to rival Batman and Spider-man with this... My thoughts: Okay, more power to ya. I know the Panda is a well respected creature in China... but... yeah, no more on that.

Hm... That's what I got for now, digest and discuss. a_thumbs.gif Feel free to add other Super hero news and tidbits, I haven't covered them all but I gotta go for now.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hmm, didn't hear they were thinking of doing a Hulk sequel or Thor movie, but they have started building the Marvel universe. It'd be kinda nice if Marvel owned the rights to Spider-Man for their movies. I do agree with you though that the actors do seem....weary, I think aside from younger, newer actors (Harry Potter everyone?), a trilogy seems like the right amount before branching off to other movies. Batman 3? It's going to be interesting, but like most people who've commented on the issue, Nolan-verse doesn't lend itself too well to the more ludicrous things in comic books that Justice League faces regularly. Superman? Dark and gritty? Isn't the whole reason for the whole Batman-Superman relationship being they're somewhat opposites? Metropolis is the gleaming bright city of tomorrow, Gotham the gritty, crime-ridden hellhole. Batman works in the shadows through fear and intimidation, Superman flies through the day looking very much the shining hero (hell he powers up using the sun!) so, I'm not sure how a gritty Superman'll work out....

#3 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

They've been thinking of doing a Hulk sequel for months actually. It was pretty much guaranteed by the last films decent success.

My general thoughts so far on the films that interest me most:

Thor: There's too little known about it right now for me to really be all that excited. Once things really pick up for production I'll be able to form a better opinion.

Iron Man 2: I'm jacked for this one. It sounds like they're working in some of the alcoholic aspects of the character into this one. Should be interesting. I'm hoping we get some hints in regards to the Mandarin for a third film's villain.

Spider-Man 4: This franchise desperately needs fresh blood. All of the original players are supposed to be returning and I'm just not excited about that. Tobey McGuire was never the best pick for Spidey and Kirsten Dunsts performance as Mary Jane just fell apart in the sequels. Sam Raimi has also made some questionable choices with the franchise. To be blunt, the only film I really enjoyed was the first one.

Venom: I love the character, but if this is going to work it needs to be done separate from the Spidey films universe. Raimi and company really screwed the pooch in 3, which we all know is Raimi's fault considering he admits he doesn't even like the symbiotes. Just slice together some bits of the origin in the opening montage like Incredible Hulk did and go from there.

Deadpool: I'm actually jacked for this. I'm hoping they don't mention the Wolverine film in regards to all that. There had better be plenty of fourth wall breaking.

Wolverine 2: They're planning on going into Wolvies past in Japan for this one, so I'm definitely stoked. That was an important part of his life, including Mariko and how that all sadly worked out. Wolverine being a failed samurai has always been an interesting point anyways, so a film around it would be fun if they do it right.

Superman: Okay, so Routh is out and they're rebooting. Other than that we don't really know a damn thing. Can't hold much of an opinion in that regards.

Batman 3: I'm a huge Bat freak, so of course I'm looking forward to this. Nolan better get his ass in gear though. I'm not liking this "I might not come back" crap everyone always seems to toss out there whenever it comes time to make a third film.

Wonder Woman: I don't think this is really going to go anywhere. They've been trying to get a Wonder Woman film off the ground for decades, but it just never seems to pan out. The closest they came was with Joss Whedon, but when he left the whole thing completely fell apart. Wonder Woman is generally a tough sell to begin with - even most comic fans don't take her seriously as one of the "Big Three" - so when you add on top of that the fact that no one seems to know what to do with her and you have a project that's probably going to linger in development hell for another decade or so.

They haven't completely booted Brandon Routh out, his contract has just expired for making another one, but he said he'd come back to do one if asked.

He said he'd come back, yeah, but the writings basically on the wall. WB's been looking to reboot the franchise and by all accounts Routh was not really the Superman they'd hoped he would be. WB's going to go with someone new; there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Due to the case between Warner Bros and the owners of Superman, WB must have the movie out by the end of 2011

Incorrect. They have to have a Superman film in production by 2011, but it doesn't have to be in theaters by then.

It's going to be interesting, but like most people who've commented on the issue, Nolan-verse doesn't lend itself too well to the more ludicrous things in comic books that Justice League faces regularly.

Well, look at it this way; you'd think Batman in general wouldn't fit into the sort of things the Justice League does regularly, but they pull it off to the point where he's an integral member and arguably handier than anyone else. They can do it, it's just a matter of whether they get the proper writer to.
bd5.jpg

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

Deadpool- might go see it if they do his Character right.

Spider-Man 4- They need to let poor Spider man rest in piece the movies were awful to say the least.

Wonder woman- Might Go see it

Hulk 2- Not going too go see it what so ever.

Green Lantern- Will go see it most diffidently

Green Arrow: Escape from Super Max- I will not go see I hate it when they put the good guy in jail types of movies.

Iron Man 2: I'm jacked for this one.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 13 July 2009 - 12:04 AM.

#5 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

Thor I am not too happy about the guy they picked to be Thor. He just does not seem to be Thor to me. I know I was wrong about HL being The Joker, but I feel right about this one.

Spider Man 4 Number 3 should have touched more on the Venom character and then that would move to the perfect Spider 4: Rise of Carnage. But no, Raimi wanted to be crappy about that. -sigh-

Green Lantern I still hold to initial thought that they should have gone with the John Stewart character. But whatever.

Deadpool I hope this one turns out good.

Wolverine 2 dry.gif I really want this to be good...

Iron Man 2 I don't have to say anything.

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

Batman 3 - Definitely waiting for a sequel. The Nolan brothers finally do this character justice and bring him back to his roots. The comics have always been dark, and I'm glad they went for that type of storyline and by doing a series reboot. As for a 3rd movie, WB will definitely do it, since the 2nd one raked in $1 billion worldwide for them.

Iron Man 2- Having heard trouble on set with Terrence Howard and how War Machine is now Don Cheadle, I dunno. But the comic book fan in me wants to smack me for considering to drop this movie. But as with most actors, they can surprise you good or bad. Robert Downey Jr. surprised by giving such a wicked performance, and I'll expect the same for the sequel.

Wonder Woman- Man, I just wished they got this project off the ground. Joss Whedon has always had some bad luck with stuff. Firefly series canceled by the idiotic Fox network and now this is lingering in development hell. He wanted to get Morena Baccarin to play Wonder Woman, since she has the exotic look. I wouldn't mind, Morena was always a stunner on Firefly and she definitely can pull it off if this movie ever gets off the ground.

Hulk 2- After Ang Lee's attempt at one, and a pretty solid reboot of the series with Edward Norton, I want to see what they can do with the sequel. Nothing can top the Abomination though.

Spider Man 4- Seriously? Let the series die. Sony is just gonna ruin the series by milking it this far. After the 3rd one, I really don't want to see anymore. Tobey MacGuire's squeaky voice never made it for me as Spider-Man.

#7 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 12 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder Woman- Man, I just wished they got this project off the ground. Joss Whedon has always had some bad luck with stuff. Firefly series canceled by the idiotic Fox network and now this is lingering in development hell. He wanted to get Morena Baccarin to play Wonder Woman, since she has the exotic look. I wouldn't mind, Morena was always a stunner on Firefly and she definitely can pull it off if this movie ever gets off the ground.

Whaaaaa? Joss Whedon is supposed to Wonder Woman? Mah, I want this now.

#8 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

Deadpool- Kinda weary about it.

Spiderman 4- [My fan outtake] replace "broke back Toby" please Ramy. I would like to see the pumped up version of Venom (with a normal talking voice and no alien screeching noise) helping Spider man defeat the rampaging Carnage then go their separate ways at the end of the movie and also at the end of the movie show King Pin Enterprise building being built and the formation of the future Sinister Six. wow.png

Wonder Women- Maybe

Hulk 2- I'll defiantly go see. wow.png

Green Lantern- Hell Yeah. wow.png

Green Arrow- probably will.

Iron Man 2- Just like Ryrinea Haruno said "I'm jacked for this one" wow.png

Thor-????going to be a movie???? I've never really cared that much about Thor.

I would like the Wolverine 2 but i would much rather have them make a "X-Men Revelations" The rise of the Apocolypse and the sentinentals as his army. wow.png

Superman- All they need to do is make a real time version of the Animated movie "Superman Doomsday" and the Superman flicks won't suck anymore. wow.png

Batman 3- Hell Yeah, Bruce rebuilding/moving back to his father's mansion outside Gotham and the lab being built in the bat cave. Johnny Depth doing the walking thing he did in Pirates The Caribbean but as the Riddler would be awesome. ("Hope Batman has the bat mobile off the first batman with Val Kilmer", liked the big turbine engine cone sticking out the front and hopefully it will come equipped with a rocket launcher proof shield.) Throw Clayface and Killer Croc in their and I'll be happy. wow.png

Captain America- defiantly if he's fighting against a German Robotic experiment with his indestructible shield. wow.png

The Avengers & JL movie would be epicness! wow.png

Edited by 6thHokage, 13 July 2009 - 12:53 AM.

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

These are all discussion pieces for d1316bh\\\'s reactions.

Reaction to Thor --Click here to view--
Thor: There\\\'s too little known about it right now for me to really be all that excited. Once things really pick up for production I\\\'ll be able to form a better opinion.

Apparently Kevin Feige has been getting full chunks of the film acted out by the film\\\'s director. Seeing as it\\\'s Kenneth, I\\\'d pay to just see that. tongue.gif

Iron Man 2: I\\\'m jacked for this one. It sounds like they\\\'re working in some of the alcoholic aspects of the character into this one.

I thought they kicked the \\\"Demons\\\" story... I know Jr. talked about it, but I gotta find the article.

Spider-Man 4: This franchise desperately needs fresh blood. All of the original players are supposed to be returning and I\\\'m just not excited about that. Tobey McGuire was never the best pick for Spidey and Kirsten Dunsts performance as Mary Jane just fell apart in the sequels. Sam Raimi has also made some questionable choices with the franchise. To be blunt, the only film I really enjoyed was the first one.

That\\\'s strange I hated the first one. It was written garbage. Raimi is a good Silver Age guy. I think we need someone who\\\'ll move passed that feel.

Venom: I love the character, but if this is going to work it needs to be done separate from the Spidey films universe. Raimi and company really screwed the pooch in 3, which we all know is Raimi\\\'s fault considering he admits he doesn\\\'t even like the symbiotes. Just slice together some bits of the origin in the opening montage like Incredible Hulk did and go from there.

I don\\\'t know. I don\\\'t like Venom as a protagonist. What will he do? How will they make him into a good guy? He\\\'s too maniacal to come off as a good anti-hero. But I agree. The studio should\\\'ve never have had Raimi add him, especially since the guy has said he has no love for the symbiotes. Plus i don\\\'t understand how he did Venom wrong? He was barely in the movie, and what was there seemed to only embellish a little, other than Brock not being steroids guy, and him dating Gwen Stacy.

Deadpool: I\\\'m actually jacked for this. I\\\'m hoping they don\\\'t mention the Wolverine film in regards to all that. There had better be plenty of fourth wall breaking.

There might be components of Wolverine. Especially considering the fact that they\\\'re keeping his origin story from the Wolverine film.

Batman 3: I\\\'m a huge Bat freak, so of course I\\\'m looking forward to this. Nolan better get his ass in gear though. I\\\'m not liking this \\\"I might not come back\\\" crap everyone always seems to toss out there whenever it comes time to make a third film.

I would be fine with him not returning if he didn\\\'t feel like the story was there, because if he just came back anyway, it would be at best a mediocre work from him. I don\\\'t want to see that.

Wonder Woman: I don\\\'t think this is really going to go anywhere. They\\\'ve been trying to get a Wonder Woman film off the ground for decades, but it just never seems to pan out. The closest they came was with Joss Whedon, but when he left the whole thing completely fell apart. Wonder Woman is generally a tough sell to begin with - even most comic fans don\\\'t take her seriously as one of the \\\"Big Three\\\" - so when you add on top of that the fact that no one seems to know what to do with her and you have a project that\\\'s probably going to linger in development hell for another decade or so.

It would be a story similar to Thor wouldn\\\'t it?

Superman court --Click here to view--
Incorrect. They have to have a Superman film in production by 2011, but it doesn\\\'t have to be in theaters by then.

Thanks for the correction

Justice League --Click here to view--
Well, look at it this way; you\\\'d think Batman in general wouldn\\\'t fit into the sort of things the Justice League does regularly, but they pull it off to the point where he\\\'s an integral member and arguably handier than anyone else. They can do it, it\\\'s just a matter of whether they get the proper writer to.

This is true, but it feels like Nolan has rooted his Batman completely in a reality where the only true boogie men are psychotics. Plus I\\\'m not saying Nolan\\\'s Batman couldn\\\'t handle it, nor is it an attack on Batman, just the fact that introducing anything supernatural or super powered in Nolan\\\'s universe might raise an eyebrow.

Yeah! it was going to happen, but the studio couldn\\\'t commit to the project, so Whedon moved on.

Spider-man 4 It seems like everyone generally agrees that new blood is in order to make the series worthwhile again.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 13 July 2009 - 12:57 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 12 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The early developmental stages had him pinned as director. XD

#11 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

But no, Raimi wanted to be crappy about that.

Raimi's been kind of a tool lately. Actually, it's not just lately; some actors have stated he's notoriously difficult to work with. It just seems like he's been more obvious with the toolishness latey.

I still hold to initial thought that they should have gone with the John Stewart character. But whatever.

I'm not sure what they could have done if they'd gone in that direction, really. John Stewart has had some interesting stories here and there, but nothing that could really make much of a feature film. Most of his shining moments come from association with the Justice League in some way or another.

They wanted to use the John Stewart Green Lantern for the Justice League film, so I suspect they'll probably still use that one. I'm alright with that, I guess, because John seems to work well when in the company of the League; though I must admit I'd prefer Kyle Rayner in the League film, considering he was a very prominent member for a while. As far as a solo film, however, I think they made the right choice.

Nothing can top the Abomination though.

Well, it's kind of hard to in regards to Hulk. His rogues gallery is arguably one of the worst around, which is half of why no one uses them.

They can easily top it by going for the MPD storylines. Those have always been the most interesting stories with Hulk. The problem is that I don't know how keen studios would be on going for something like that. Ang Lee tried to go for a more psychological story with the Hulk and we know how that was recieved. People sadly just want to see the Hulk smash for the most part.

The only thing I can think of to top Abomination for action would be to introduce Red Hulk and make him the central villain of the film.

Man, I just wished they got this project off the ground.

I think for it to go anywhere the people involved need to stop bickering. Neither the directors/producers or the corporate suits are going to get everything they want, so there needs to be compromises. Otherwise the whole thing is simply never going to go anywhere.

I think they should talk with Gail Simone about writing up a screenplay. She's the writer of the comics right now and as I recall she wrote the well recieved animated film released back in February. If anyone could make a script that would please everyone, I think it would be her. From there things probably wouldn't be so hard; a good part of the films troubles have had to do with no one being able to agree on the time period to set the movie or where to take it's story.

Firefly series canceled by the idiotic Fox network and now this is lingering in development hell.

Fox is the devil of studios. I have never hated any of them as much as I abhor Fox.

Edited by dl316bh, 13 July 2009 - 12:58 AM.

bd5.jpg

#12 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

I'm more or less hyped about every movie in the works, so I won't comment on each one.

Nolan's Batman-universe has been amazing in both films, so I'm really hoping to see him return for yet another movie. I'm a little peeved that there won't be another Bats Vs Joker again, but it wouldn't be as fun if they used the same villain over and over again anyway I guess. It would have been fun if they could Nolan'ize some of the villains yet to be used in any Batman movie, but I'd really like to see Depp's Riddler. The awesome thing about the Batman movies, is that the dark scenery makes it perfect for some cgi-stuff as well. Man-Bat or Killer Croc would have been sweet, or a Nolan version of Poison Ivy or Catwoman (mmmm...).

The Superman movie will stay high on my list, no matter what happens. I kind of liked Routh in Returns anyway, so I wouldn't mind him again. If they could write a decent script, and get an actress who looks older than 17 to play Lois Lane, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. Just no more mountains of kryptonite. And let's try something different from Lex Luthor now. I get it... he's the anti-supes. No powers, but money and brains (and hatred) to pull off the most dastardly acts of evil, but Supes has a plethora of great villains just waiting to jump onto the silver screen.

I'd love to see Wonder Woman in the movies, but I'm afraid there would be a really long build up before she'll get into the hero business. As enjoyable a thought an island full of scantily clad women of eternal youth and beauty sounds, I'd rather see Wonder Woman crush faces of grunts and kick evil gods' ass.
Green Arrow? God yes! Bring it on!

The Green Lantern movie might turn out to be great. He's my favourite DC hero next to the Flash, in all versions, so I'm happy there will be an actual movie coming out. As much as I love Hal Jordan though, my absolute fav will always be Kyle Rayner. I think Ryan Reynolds would be much better fitted for that character, but I'm not pulling any strings here. I'm pretty sure the Hal Jordan we will meet here, will be a modernized version. You won't find the Hal Jordan of the older comics here, and I'm expecting a mix between Kyle Rayner and Bart Allen... or any Flash really!

As a Norwegian, I'm looking forward to Thor. There has never been any Thor comics released here, but the Avengers (I remember they had a funny name for it in norwegian, but can't remember exactly what. Let me consult my old x-men comics) was published at some point. I don't know the character out of the Avengers, so I'm looking forward to this.

I think I can safely say I'm overjoyed and overhyped about every upcoming Marvel-movie, so bring them on. Yes, that includes Spidey4.

#13 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

THIS is how Deadpool better be portrayed in the upcoming movie:

Watch this guy's other videos, too. Awesome on a screen.

Marvel vs. DC
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#14 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

I don't know about Spiderman 4. I was so happy with 3 because of the way it wrapped up the story and I don't know how 4 will go.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#15 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jul 14 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about Spiderman 4. I was so happy with 3 because of the way it wrapped up the story and I don't know how 4 will go.

Really? Well, it did wrap up the story about his uncle's death, but as we know with Spidey, nothing ever really wraps that up. He carries the guilt everyday. But in terms of MJ and Peter, that story was left wide open, just like the ending of 2, where you didn't know what would happen to them.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that when I think it was David S. Goyer, who mentioned getting glimpses of villains from other series in the Green Arrow film, as the cells are rotating to keep prisoners disoriented.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#16 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

Spider man 4 - Reboot please, and let's keep it faithful next time ok?

Batman 3 - Although being used allredy, I would very much like to see Catwoman, seeing the previous (annoying) love intrest has died.
To be honest it's just my inner Batman/Catwoman shipper that wants this.
Riddler? nah, too Joker for me, maybe Bane?

The First Avenger: Captain America - Really waiting for this one, really hope it indeed turns out to be war movie as well. some of the move that pre-abomination pulled on the hulk really got my imagination wheels going.

Deadpool film - When asked about what his vision about the film, Ryan reynolds said, and I quote "Deadpool, the musical"
HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING! THERE IS HOPE! /cries

Superman, whatever that pops up - Bad guy, one word. Parasite, just the Parasite

Edited by Dormin, 15 July 2009 - 11:55 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#17 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jul 15 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Superman, whatever that pops up - Bad guy, one word. Parasite, just the Parasite

Interesting choice, very interesting, but how would you make an entire movie out of a guy just draining energy? I mean that's really all he does, he has no other goals or aspirations as I remember it. Although... there is more than one isn't there?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#18 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 16 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting choice, very interesting, but how would you make an entire movie out of a guy just draining energy? I mean that's really all he does, he has no other goals or aspirations as I remember it. Although... there is more than one isn't there?

Think about it as some sort of the underdog villain kind of thing. starting of as some sort of lowlife criminal who has no idea about the extent of his powers. Lexy of course tries to control him for his own needs but ends up making him an uncontrollable and dangerous monster.

Goals and aspirations ? who needs them? the clown prince od crime didn't.

And come on? parasite is one of the most dangerous foes of superman who isn't from some distent galaxy, who would you pair him with? Darkseid? Doomsday?

Made by Vongola10th

#19 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jul 16 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goals and aspirations ? who needs them? the clown prince od crime didn't.

Er... he has goals and aspirations. They're just not your usual villain goals.

As far as the Parasite idea goes... Meh. Plus honestly I've never found Lex all that interesting of a villain, and if he's in another Supes film I think I might just torpedo off of some building. Of the arch nemisis in super hero movies I believe he appears the most even when he's not the main protagonist. I don't hate him, I just want someone else or even someone else pulling he strings.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#20 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 17 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er... he has goals and aspirations. They're just not your usual villain goals.

As far as the Parasite idea goes... Meh. Plus honestly I've never found Lex all that interesting of a villain, and if he's in another Supes film I think I might just torpedo off of some building. Of the arch nemisis in super hero movies I believe he appears the most even when he's not the main protagonist. I don't hate him, I just want someone else or even someone else pulling he strings.

People are downplaying Lexy too much, and I can understand it, he is indeed overused. but trying to explain why I like him so much will just result in a big rant, so meh...

Anyway, who would you want as a villain? and please don't say Bizzaro, god I hate Bizzaro.

Made by Vongola10th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users