1003 replies to this topic

#41 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

Glad you guys are starting a league. I would've joined but I'm already in 3 money leagues. Interesting draft would've liked to see everyone's rosters to see what reserves were where. I'm surprised no one has Brees as a starter. He's been looking good as of late and he still has weapons in N.O now that Shockey is healthy. I haven't had any of my drafts yet but RBs are a premium this year. There are enough good QBs out there to get points from that position. LT isn't the same and I've been lucky every year so far finding sleepers that produce.

Well good luck everyone and let the Trash Talking Begin! (and the decreased productivity at the work place LOL!)

#42 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

More irrelevant pretend analysis!

Tokyo Raiders: (Tony Romo, Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Jerricho Cotchery, DeAngelo Williams, Steve Slaton, Dustin Keller, John Carney, New York Jets)
-Romo may suck in December, but it's Fantasy Football. We don't care about his playoff record. Colston regains some of his form and we'll see if Jackson keeps his. Despite how well both Williams and Slaton did last year I can't help but think their workloads may be reduced some. Excellent call to pick up Johnathan Stewart and Josh Morgan was someone I was hoping would stay on the free agent list for another week or so.

Fun fact: I often forget Larry Johnson still has a starting job.

Gama Warriors: (Aaron Rodgers, Andre Johnson, Eddie Royal, Lee Evans, Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, Chase Coffman,?,?)
-The, uh, named parts of the roster are really, really good. Except for probably Chase Coffman, because I don't know who he is. I understand not taking a kicker, but playing the "Defense Matchup of the Week" game for the entire season? Gutsy. I do like the Lee Evans pick, I think I'm higher than most on him this year. Also, good call on Donald Brown, and by "Good Call" I of course mean "I hate you and wish you dead for taking him before I did." tongue.gif

True Playaz: (Tom Brady, Chad Ochocinco, Hines Ward, Chris Chambers, Clinton Portis, Knowshon Moreno, Antonio Gates, Jason Elam, Baltimore)
-Ochocinco in the 3rd, True? I hope you're right, if only because that means Carson Palmer's doing well. I think Chambers' time has passed him by though.

Zatties!: (Drew Brees, Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Ronnie Brown, Le'Ron McClain, Zach Miller, Ryan Longwell, New York Giants)
-Love the QB, like the WR corps, the RBs.... not so much. Oh Z, if only you could've held off on Ronnie Brown. I promise Ronnie Brown would've been there in the fourth round!

Bailoutpackage4lyfe: (Matt Ryan, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson, Torry Holt, LaDainian Tomlinson, Brandon Jacobs, Jason Witten, Nick Folk, Minnesota)
-Seeing Wes Welker as the first WR taken here is strange. But Welker and Jackson will be solid this year, and Torry Holt might have one more year left in him. I do think LT is primed for a bounce back, and Jacobs singlehandedly ran my fantasy team over last year. This feels like the Derrick Mason of fantasy teams - unspectacular but steady and will constantly put up points. They'll be leaning on their RBs in the playoffs though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
There you go. Feel free to agree/disagree/argue/laugh/ignore and again, a good season to all!
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#43 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (racerxdsr @ Aug 22 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you guys are starting a league. I would've joined but I'm already in 3 money leagues. Interesting draft would've liked to see everyone's rosters to see what reserves were where. I'm surprised no one has Brees as a starter. He's been looking good as of late and he still has weapons in N.O now that Shockey is healthy. I haven't had any of my drafts yet but RBs are a premium this year. There are enough good QBs out there to get points from that position. LT isn't the same and I've been lucky every year so far finding sleepers that produce.

Well good luck everyone and let the Trash Talking Begin! (and the decreased productivity at the work place LOL!)

Haha, I took him. I kinda like my roster, although I know nothing about Fantasy Football, this is my first season. I'm excited!

And FFFFF @ my Connection being lost during my turn and having an auto-draft round. Took Miles Austin instead of the receiver I wanted. Oh well, at least he was still available in FA, so I grabbed him after the draft. Heyo Devone Bess!

#44 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Aug 22 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knuckleheaded Ninjas: (Donovan McNabb, Larry Fitzgerald, Anthony Gonzalez, Derrick Mason, Marion Barber, Joseph Addai, Chris Cooley, Rob Bironas, San Diego)
-Fitzgerald at four raised my eyebrows a bit, but I understand the pick completely - no problems here. To me, the RB corps is the weakest part of this lineup - both Barber and Addai are likely to find themselves in committee situations.

The thing with Barber is, hes very much the guy in Dallas. Felix jones is going to get more snaps because he does provide them a whole new dimension on offense. But from what Ive seen so far in the pre-season, Dallas is starting to commit a little more to the run gmae and Barber is still getting the majority of the snaps. Now what really sells me, is after watching him for the last few years as a division rival hes the one who gets the ball in the redzone and even if he rushes for ten yards a game, he is almost always a guarantee for a couple of touchdowns. Addai, I wasn't too excited about but I wanted to buld depth at running back, it really is the backbone for alot of fantasy teams. Plus, im already discussing a possible trade in the near future since im stacked at that position.

I really like Nuclear Ravens and Illlmatics teams.

The Generals have top talent at almost every position. Adrian Peterson, Peyton manning, reggie wayne, and the dallas defense. Just incredible.

Bailout has a ton of potential at Wide Reciever, Wes Welker is always up there in receptions and hes going to post big time yardage numbers, the only problem is the TDs. Desean Jackson is going to have a breakout season and Tory Holy might become the go to guy for jacksonville and is a exceptional 3rd wideout. And Matt Ryan might just be up there with peyton manning and tom brady fantasy wise. Hes ogt weapons. Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Michael Jenkins.
\

#45 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Aug 22 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, I think you have one of two best starting lineups in the league.

Dark Adepts: (Philip Rivers, Steve Smith (CAR), Donald Driver, Steve Breaston, Steven Jackson, Derrick Ward, Tony Gonzalez, John Kasay, Pittsburgh)
-Needs Steven Jackson to have a HUGE year. As NuclearRaven said, Rivers probably would have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round, and I wonder if this pick caused the run on QBs in the 1st round. Still, Rivers will be good but I think he may slip if LT is healthier than he was last year. I actually like the look of his starting lineup except for the WRs. After Steve Smith (CAR), you have a #2 and a #3 WRs starting. In a 3 WR lineup that's not ideal. I'm a fan of his bench WR though - I really think the other Steve Smith (NYG) could have a big year.

NuclearRaven, you owe Burning_Wulf a Christmas card.

Well, with this being my first fantasy football draft, I really didn't know how to proceed. So I went for Rivers in the beginning.

About the WR's, I might need to change my line-up some there.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#46 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

I took Welker since most of the top WR's were gone, his consistency is what I like, though he doesnt score a lot of TD's so he'll have to get some Yardage. Im hoping Desean Jackson is ready to step up, I would love 1000 Yds and and couple of TD's but we'll see. Torry Holt was for depth, if Ginn Jr. or Crayton get it going i'll slip them in. One more thing, if I could have 2 players from the Cowboys, Ware and Witten would be my choice. Romo LOVES going to Witten, so I should get Receiver type numbers from him.

Your analysis was a good read, I enjoyed reading it very much. Im always up to talk some football.

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Aug 22 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Matt Ryan might just be up there with peyton manning and tom brady fantasy wise. Hes got weapons. Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Michael Jenkins.

My fear with him is, are the Falcons a flash in the Pan? the NFC South constantly changes, It's like a different team wins it every year.

Edited by Illmatic, 22 August 2009 - 10:43 PM.

#47 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

Here's a video of me talking about the picks that I made. Sorry about the out of sync audio. Youtube hates me.

Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#48 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

LOL is that Naruto's night cap on your bedpost!?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#49 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Aug 22 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL is that Naruto's night cap on your bedpost!?

Yes. I bought it when I bought my Naruto cosplay.

#50 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Aug 22 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a video of me talking about the picks that I made. Sorry about the out of sync audio. Youtube hates me.

Good stuff laugh.gif Feel free to update us, any contributions you people can make is appreciated. Same thing for Jwolf, I enjoyed reading some analysis on the draft (mostly mine).
\

#51 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:09 AM

Very informative analysis Jwolf! I feel like I'm watching NFL network while reading! emoticon_monocle.gif

I don't know why but for some reason my picks were always so far apart from one another. There wasn't one time where they were closer than eight...most likely bias since I was the only mod! hm.png tongue.gif

Anyway I'm satisfied with my picks. Brady will have a comeback year, Portis and Gates are always consistent players, Ochocinco will whore himself out and catch touchdowns, and Baltimore Defense makes plays. I'm hoping thinking Knowshon Moreno will have a breakout year and contend for rookie of the year. Lots of sleeper picks with Davis, Quinn, and Burleson. Ricky Williams was more so an accident since I was on the phone but he gets used well in the wildcat offense so I'm not disappointed. Overall not a bad lineup.

Good luck to everyone and this will surely make the NFL season more entertaining then it already is! biggrin.gif

#52 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

Explaining my picks.

QB: Tony Romo and David Gerrard

I am well aware of the issues that Tony Romo has had late in the season. However, during this offseason, Romo has worked on improving his condition. His stats last year were garnered in only 13 games, so with a full season under his belt, I could see an exceptional line. There are some reservations with the loss of Terrell Owens affecting his TD totals, but I still see a top 5 QB performance.

CODE
Yards     TD     INT
4243      32     17

David Gerrard, while not overpowering in the TD department is a capable back-up to have if Tony Romo does indeed struggle.

WR: Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Jericho Cotchery, Josh Morgan

There is potential with this group, but also some question marks. Colston came off a broken thumb, missing 4 weeks. He came back with momentum near the end of the season but will it carry over? Vincent Jackson has improved every year since being drafted for his measurables and had a breakout season last year. However, Gates and Tomlinson were not healthy either. Will the Chargers continue to go to him? Jericho Cotchery is going to be the #1 receiver on the Jets, a first in his career. Josh Morgan is a sleeper.

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Steve Slaton, Larry Johnson, Chris Wells, Jonathan Stewart, Earnest Graham

Williams and Slaton had breakout years last year, having great rushing totals with good YPC. By all acounts, Delhomme was not his usual effectiveness last season. With a bounceback year for Delhomme, there is a possibility that life will be in fact easier for Williams this season with teams daring Carolina to throw and with a better QB, less 8-man fronts. However, that means those rushing touchdowns will go down. Williams does share time with Stewart, but Stewart has been dinged up in pre-season but it is nice to have the "handcuff".

Slaton emerged behind what was once a horrible offensive line. With players around him improving, I full expect Slaton to have at least as productive as last season. Inside the 5, a running back will score a touchdown at around 44% when give the carry. Sllaton was below this last season.

Johnson and Chris Wells are expected to have below average yards per carry averages. Arizona has not had a 1,000 yard rusher since the 1980's. Johnson is running behind a O-line that is a shell of it's glory days when Priest Holmes and Johnson were mainstays. However, they are starters and will be given ample opportunities to impress. As for Graham, it is currently a wait and see approach as he has been held out of pre-season. But I should expect to see Graham get a nice-sized chunk of the rushing yards and touchdowns with the Bucs ground game.

More... to come later on the other positions.

Edited by roninmedia, 23 August 2009 - 04:37 AM.

#53 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Whoever has Matt Cassel...I hope he wasn't your starter.

Preseason always has you holding your breathe hoping no one gets injured.

#54 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

... he was going to be my go to back up. Damn...

#55 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

Great. The Chiefs bad luck continues. Just once I want something to go right. Kansas City is cursed I swear.

#56 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Aug 31 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great. The Chiefs bad luck continues. Just once I want something to go right. Kansas City is cursed I swear.

-pats him on the head- Don't feel bad. I am a Cardinals fan, so I know your pain. Give Haley a couple of years. He should have you guys in good shape. At least fun to watch.

#57 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Sep 1 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-pats him on the head- Don't feel bad. I am a Cardinals fan, so I know your pain. Give Haley a couple of years. He should have you guys in good shape. At least fun to watch.

Dude you guys went to the Super Bowl last year. We haven't been there in over 40 years. Haley better come through for us during his time in KC. I do believe that we've suffered enough.

#58 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Sep 1 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude you guys went to the Super Bowl last year. We haven't been there in over 40 years. Haley better come through for us during his time in KC. I do believe that we've suffered enough.

Firing Gailey, Cassel banged up, releasing Amani Toomer who they signed just a month prior... not a promising start.

But hey! You're probably still better than the Broncos! Unhappy Brandon Marshall (rumors to possible tade to Jets swirling), still no pass defense, and now this.

Ah, that #1 pick next year Seattle stole traded for looks shinier and shinier. happy.gif
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#59 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Sep 1 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, we may have gone last year. But look at the last time we were in a championship game before that. 1948. Yeah...

#60 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

Guys, how do you set "positions wanted" and "positions available" on the league?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users