• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#21 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:56 PM

I'd look into the Canucks and Oilers too ZJ, Canucks look like they might actually be able to do something this year, and the Oil are young and speedy...they'll be something in a year or two.

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

The Sabres are 6-0-2 and our Division rivals (a team I despise) the Ottawa Senators are under .500, but who knows how long that will last.

uc.png

#23 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

With how Miller's playing, Ed, it could last a while...as for the Sens, not sure how well they'll do this season, but I'm not predicting they'll do that well. Over .500, but not enough for the playoffs I'm thinking.

Hopefully for you the Sabres don't choke this season. =/

#24 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With how Miller's playing, Ed, it could last a while...as for the Sens, not sure how well they'll do this season, but I'm not predicting they'll do that well. Over .500, but not enough for the playoffs I'm thinking.

Hopefully for you the Sabres don't choke this season. =/

The Sabres didn't choke last year they just didn't play well AT ALL.

uc.png

#25 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, but from I can remember, they were doing pretty well until the middle of the season...I'm not sure my memory's correct though. tongue.gif

#26 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but from I can remember, they were doing pretty well until the middle of the season...I'm not sure my memory's correct though. tongue.gif

They were riddled with injuries, which has always been an achilles heel for the team and they couldn't play well around it.

uc.png

#27 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were riddled with injuries, which has always been an achilles heel for the team and they couldn't play well around it.

Ah, I see. Avs had that problem too, three top scorers out at once at one point. In any case, I think both teams should make the playoffs this year. Especially if the goalies hold up.

#28 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, I see. Avs had that problem too, three top scorers out at once at one point. In any case, I think both teams should make the playoffs this year. Especially if the goalies hold up.

To me the Avalanche haven't been the same since they won their Stanley Cups and Patrick Roy arguably the greatest goalie of all time retired.

uc.png

#29 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

Yeah it's been tough, flip flopping goalies. Aebi was good for us for a few years, he isn't great now unfortunately. When we traded him for Theodore, I was pissed as all get out. Then Theodore had a bad season, and Budaj almost carried us to the playoffs, and we missed em for the first time...then last year Theodore played decently, mainly because it was his contract year. dry.gif Couldn't resign him.

Now we have Budaj starting, Raycroft backing him up...Budaj can be awesome if he keeps his head in the game. Sometimes under pressure, he overcomplicates shots. If we can get Raycroft to Calder form, we'd have a pretty strong pair of goalies. And heck, he's won both his games. I think Budaj has great potential, and the Avs might be able to blossom again with him at backstop. Other than that, I think our grit and defense this year is much better, although the D wasn't great the first few games, they've been getting more solid, with the goalies. Not to mention, we have great young guys in the system, with veterans like Super Joe to mentor them. I think the Avs can be challengers in the West this year, and definitely for years to come.

#30 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 26 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've given up on Toronto ever redeeming themselves again.

I'll stick with watching the Flames, since they can actually do some good.

Right now, the Toronto Maple Leafs are playing some good hockey. Some great hockey even. They're almost leaps and bounds better than they were last season.

Which is actually pretty bad for Leafs fans...

They're better off tanking this season and getting a high draft pick.

They're also probably going to be keeping Schenn up for the season as well... which is not a good move for the future and is probably a decision made to help sell tickets.

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Oct 26 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd look into the Canucks and Oilers too ZJ, Canucks look like they might actually be able to do something this year, and the Oil are young and speedy...they'll be something in a year or two.

Er... I think you might be looking at a different Canucks team than I am. They probably won't even make it into the playoffs this season. They're also probably the worst team in the Northwest Division...

The Oilers have a mixture of veterans and youth... both are struggling right now. Horcoff and Hemsky have been asleep for essentially all the games so far... and while the "Kid Line" have been creating chances... they're unable to produce. What the Oilers really need right now is for a shake-up at the coaching position. Although I like MacTavish... I truly believe that the Oilers have to go out and find someone new. (I'm an Oilers fan).
Pretty bored.

#31 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

You're right about the Nucks, I threw them out there since I haven't really payed attention to them since early on in the season, when they had a 3-1 start. Although, I do pay attention more to the goalie position of teams, playing goalie myself...they both have good goalies, even though they're struggling a bit right now. Maybe Vancouver looks a bit hopeless, but it looks like Edmonton might be able to better help Garon out. I think they might be able to challenge a bit this year, but like I said, I think they'll be stronger in a year or two. Perhaps they do need a change in the staff to kinda jump start the team, like you said. Canucks...you were right, they're not looking so hot, now that I go and see the games they've been losin' and by how much.

#32 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

I but I'm one of the only few hockey fans on here but I created this thread anyway. If you don't know I'm a St. Louis Blues fan. Not much to say except that we suck. I hope we are back on top in a few years.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#33 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

Life-long Caps fan here. I think we're looking pretty good, this season (after many years of anguish and heart-wrenching failure), but we need to dump salary so we can keep the core of the team together (one of our best defensemen may wind up stuck in the AHL because we lack cap space. *sigh*) and maybe bolster our D with veteran experience. I don't think there's a Caps fan around who's completely comfortable with our goaltending situation, either, but I don't see any way to change that outside of lateral moves.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#34 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

I'm a fan of the Minnesota Wild.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#35 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Alright! We've got some hockey fans. Glad I'm not the only one.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#36 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Calgary Flames fan since the days of Theo Fluery, Mike Vernon, and Gary Roberts in the early 1990's.

#37 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

Buffalo Sabres fan here!

uc.png

#38 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Vancouver Canucks fan from the Trevor Linden/Pavel Bure/Kirk McLean days, although I have to admit that I haven't followed hockey as much lately.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#39 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Capitals fan here. Go Alex Ovechkin! Closing in on the Bruins for Eastern standing.

Though honestly I haven't kept up much with hockey besides ESPN highlights. Usually more in focused during the playoffs.

At least one team in D.C. is doing well eh?

Also merged thread with existing one.

#40 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Awesome, more hockey fans! >D

Out of curiosity, anyone here play hockey as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users