46 replies to this topic

#21 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

Interesting theory, falls short for me though because IMO her voice is lame and so was her show. It has nothing to do with her Disney girl persona. I just dont like her.

#22 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (lolaMarie @ May 7 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting theory, falls short for me though because IMO her voice is lame and so was her show. It has nothing to do with her Disney girl persona. I just dont like her.

Actually, I agree that her voice and show sucks, but I still appreciated her for being a good role model.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#23 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Uh..personally I dont feel she makes wise age appropiate choices. The boy friends are to old, and the music video a bit raunchy. I would not want my little sister to look towards Miley Cyrus for guidence. That being said its not her job to raise your children, its your own job.

#24 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:53 AM

It doesn't really matter. This transition had to be done eventually.

Edited by socermania2, 09 May 2010 - 03:53 AM.

BLACK AND WHITE

#25 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

Eventually means over a period of time. She's not old enough to get drunk enough to make that video laugh.gif laugh.gif . Considering Nelly's age I dont find the video bad at all. Ive seen way more risque videos in which sex wasn't even the topic wink.gif Oh well I just hope things work out better for Miley

#26 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (lolaMarie @ May 8 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh..personally I dont feel she makes wise age appropiate choices. The boy friends are to old, and the music video a bit raunchy. I would not want my little sister to look towards Miley Cyrus for guidence. That being said its not her job to raise your children, its your own job.

Notice the past-tense verb I used. I stopped appreciating her around the time the Vanity Fair photos leaked. But yeah, you're right.

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 12 May 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#27 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm not surprised. I wish I could bash her but... I can't. All I'll say is, I'm not surprised.
Good luck in life Cyrus; God and everyone in our currently corrupt America knows that you'll need it.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#28 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:01 AM

It's always been her evil plot...!

Become a Disney Girl using her Dad's fame, then when she's older and becomes majorly popular, drop the princess act and be a second Brittany. Great Job, Destiny (That was her real name before) you crippled your little fan girl's minds :]--

*Watches Family Guy episode with her as a Cyborg* Now this is more like it pictureem0.gif

#29 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 9 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's always been her evil plot...!

Become a Disney Girl using her Dad's fame, then when she's older and becomes majorly popular, drop the princess act and be a second Brittany. Great Job, Destiny (That was her real name before) you crippled your little fan girl's minds :]--

*Watches Family Guy episode with her as a Cyborg* Now this is more like it pictureem0.gif

Yeah, I heard the story. Tries out for HM a few times, doesn't make it, flaunts her precious daddy, makes it. It's magic facepalm.png

#30 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ May 8 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't really matter. This transition had to be done eventually.

Nelly Furtado > Miley Cry-us-a-river Hannah Montana in hawtness and in singing skills.

#31 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

I refuse to care!

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 14 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refuse to care!

Then why even post! XD

#33 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 14 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refuse to care!

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 14 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why even post! XD

I guess in his case, to increase post count... tongue.gif (I shouldn't post in here either since I don't care for the girl).

](4 more posts to the big 5K)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#34 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 14 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nelly Furtado > Miley Cry-us-a-river Hannah Montana in hawtness and in singing skills.

Yezzzzzzirrrrrrr.

Also, Id like to live in a world where people didnt waste time checking TMZ to see how celebritys live their lives. But then they might actually have to focus on their own life. And the E channel might lose some viewers.

Edited by Mik3, 14 May 2010 - 06:44 PM.

\

#35 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 14 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refuse to care!

why did it take this long for this statement to show up!

and party in the usa is an awesome song, dont lie

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ May 14 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because what would have been the point if you don't care XD
*I* don't care hence why I never posted, and am only doing so now in reply to this XD

#37 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Looks like she's tring to bring her daddy's hairstyle back.

I'm wonering if she'll be able to "make it" by herself instead of riding on Disney's coattails. Then again, the song, video, lyrics, etc. are no different from any other run-of-the-mill, mainstream artist today. Repetetive, uncreative, common.

In that sense, she just might do decently.

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

Listening to her sing that song makes my ears bleed.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#39 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 14 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why even post! XD

Because I still wanted to make my opinion known, and as long as I'm not bashing or flaming, I don't see any problem in posting. I would have fleshed it out more, but I was typing it on my Wii and decided that without my keyboard typing on the Wii was a chore and a half. hehe

Allow me to further write up what I was thinking when I originally posted.

I understand that there's some concern about how this will affect the youth watching, since she is a Disney flagship and a role model to many young girls, but from where I'm standing I can't see why this should be so bad. I read a blog where a hysterical mother wrote in all capital letters that she didn't want to explain to her daughter why Hannah Montana wasn't wearing any pants. Kids of today are bound to be influenced by this stuff in the media anyway, and I'm of the firm belief that trying to shield the children would make it worse. Even if the kids of today are different from what my own generation used to (and so on), there's always merit in rebelling some against the parental units. If mom and dad doesn't want you to see this, you can be damn sure they will. And come on, it's a music video? It will be showed on music channels where women are dressed far more risque than this, so because Miley is also an actress in a Disney show, she can't further her musical career?

I don't care about people calling her the new Britney, because I don't care about Britney Spears. Britney was a teen icon when she started out, only to do a barrel roll and shift her image to the more "grown up" image that we think of now. It seems that having an "adult" image for a female star now, is to play more on sex. Miley both wants to, and needs to make it in this business, because she can't stay with Disney Channel shows for ever. She has to play her cards now, since it's now that people know her. I think she's doing a right choice in changing her image like this, since it's obviously working. People are talking about her again, and even rage and shock are good reactions for an artist since in the end, she'll sell her music as well.

What I meant with my original post was this: I don't care for Miley Cyrus' music, and I don't care for her tv show. So in the end, I don't care about this at all, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and share it in this community. ^^

QUOTE (Derock @ May 14 2010, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess in his case, to increase post count... tongue.gif (I shouldn't post in here either since I don't care for the girl).

](4 more posts to the big 5K)

Do you really think so little of me Derock? shamefulcry0js.gif
If I cared about my post count, I would post more instead of lurk!

QUOTE (krisk @ May 14 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do believe it has been loosely stated by others as well. I'm just more direct about it. biggrin.gif
And I don't like the song, no lie!

#40 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

Good point, Vyse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users