• This topic is locked This topic is locked
640 replies to this topic

#41 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

Never seen the Orange Sharingan. I have seen the bloodine line that can copy other bloodlines or the one that makes the person immune to all other bloodlines, most notably the sharingan.

But, yeah, I agree with you on that one Loki, those are frustrating. I don't like OC's possessing bloodlines, but that also has to do with the fact that I have a negative opinion of bloodlines. It's even worse when the bloodline is like those that are noted above.

I agree with wingsover. Most of those complaints are not univerally bad, they can be done well. But the long history of poor attempts has tainted them beyond repair. When you see an OC named for the author you automatically think MS and never make any farther, so you never find out its truly and MS.

Its kind of a screening mechnism, really. You've seen so many poor attempts at this and they are so often used that it becomes an assumed trait of bad fanfiction. Thus, when you see it you stop reading and move on.

Your right, Vespar. In humor and parody fics its to be expected. In some parody's the point is to do just that. I generally don't read pure humor fics, so I was speaking more generally. I can think of some serious fics, that had super-hyper Naruto and no other aspect of his character. That is more what I was talking about.

Male Pregnancy, yeah, I'm not sure I understand that particular....fetish....
I first came across it while screening FMA fics...its was Envy/Edward I think. And no, I'm not into Ed/Envy, it was in the summary.

Finally, those limitations on powerful characters are usually cheap attempts to convince you that there character is really not MS, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I get the feeling that the character is created then flaws were added to sell it as a non-MS rather than trying to develop a multi-dimensional character.

#42 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:24 PM

As a Narusaku, I have to put this one up, just a pet peeve. I'd had a massive essay all ready to go at one day here at work, and my browser crashed, so let me just state that I pretty much agree with the general sentiment. But yeah, as a Narusaku fan, when the usual argument for the NaruHina-ers usually involve that Naruto can't get Sakura so he goes with Hinata, why do these 'Naruto leaves to become super-powerful and comes back to Konoha' fics end up pairing him with Hinata? I also truly dislike poor characterization in an AU. For example, there's a fic I'd caught myself reading, Differeng Beginnings I think, where Sakura 'hates' Naruto. Naruto who is well-mannered, makes friends, is not known to be a jinchuuriki, and has yet to play a prank on anyone. So explain to me why, apart his usual issues with Sasuke, would anybody have such a low opinion of him? Sakura's hate came from the fact that he's dead-last, he hates sasuke and she's a fangirl, and the rollover of the Kyuubi-hate the parents give off. This changes into respect and admiration, but without the justification, sakura disliking him just seems petty. I should review and bring that up to the author.

Yeah. So until next time.

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

I haven't read that particular fanfic so I can't really say. But yeah, I've seen a lot of that. Where certain parameters will be altered in order to create an AU, but the author doesn't think all the way through those alterations. What seem to happen is a semi-crossover of the old universe (Sakura hates Naruto for example) and combine it into the new AU (where Naruto is well mannered).

As I said before, the Evil Ketiaro fics sometimes do this. They take the abuse inflicted by Naru and use it as a justification for Keitaro to do he same to Naru in universes where Keitaro shows up at Hinata Sou with a spine. In the fic you mentioned Puck, by altering the parameters you've removed whatever reasons she may have had or in Keitaro's case, the justifications are gone because you have assumed them away with AU universe.

With the running away and training fics, I think she is often the choice because she was the one female that was nice to him. The underlying theme for many of these is that Naruto gets fedup with how the village treated him and since Hinata was nice she is natural choice and the exception to his hatred. This theme bothers me when it feels like the author is getting revenge on behalf Naruto for the offenses of the village.

Such OOCness usually doesn't bother me if it is adequately explained. But that particular alteration of Naruto is unique, I dislike most fics that do it, even if well done. There are, of course, exceptions. I think this is really a personal preference more than anything else. One of the things I like about Naruto is his neverending optimism and the fact that he does not seek to harm, but to protect the very people that has given him numerous reasons to hate them. That despite all the crap he's been through, he didn't become a psycho like Gaara or a brooder like Sasuke. Thus, to have Naruto resent the villagers; to have him hate the rookie nine and everyone lse takes everything away from him that I like. So, in the end, I end up not caring what happens to this new Naruto.

#44 wingsover

wingsover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:mythology, anime, fantasy and sci-fi, RPGs, MMORPG, Star Wars, Gundam,

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

Can I just say that I hate fics with authors who refuse to believe that their work, far from being a new, groundbreaking, brilliant piece of work, is actually a cliched rip-off of all that is wrong with fiction, and refuse to accept concrit and begin ranting about how this is their work and you didn't have to read it and they have like 100 people who say it's fine so obviously their work must be fine. Bah.

I just realized I've described Anne Rice.

Painted in the crossfire,
I can see eternity

~Ignited, GSD OP

#45 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

lol, nice one,
this one fic writer, he stole my freeking work, called it his, and HE gets credit, thats what i hate

STEALERS!!!!!

#46 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:30 AM

My biggest pet peeve is grammer and punctuation. If the story doesn't have periods, i stop reading it.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#47 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:58 AM

Ah, had experience with thieves, Won-Ton...?
That's the reason I'm hesitant in putting my work-in-progress here. Not that I mean my fellow posters, but people browsing from other Fanclubs.
I can't decide which is worse... A thief who copies pastes, or one who takes the idea and applies it word-for-word to their character (whether fav cast or OC). Either way, it's butchered and stained by the thief, I suppose.

#48 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:05 AM

man you know im freaking sick of people posting fanfics and the first chapter being like episode 4 of Naruto when they meet Kakashi and he tells them to come early to train the next day and basically they just summarize the freaking story. Hello this isnt "summary of naruto" this is FANFICTION write some fiction damnit xD

#49 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:32 AM

i once read a naruhina/sasusaku. It was weird cause there was no actual build up of romance. Naruto just saw hinata was really pretty and they got together. And sakura pretty much forced sasuke to be hers. Good story it was though. I dont remember the name.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#50 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

One thing I really do hate, the bad stories that get millions of reviews. You might question me on this, but FF.net has several of these stories. Fics that have no real plot, zero character development or no writting style whatso ever, but somehow its popular because its got a well played out story.

FF.net has told me one amazing thing. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Other pet peeves..

1. People that use dieing, instead of the word dying.
2. Bad grammar in general and the author's reluntance to correct their mistakes. Even if its obvious mistakes.
3. I extremely hate OOC fics and the author's excuse for it being considered character developement. If you want to tweak the characters your way make it at least in the realm of the original work.
4. I don't mind a little bit of Japanese word play, but if you have full sentences in japanese, you need to be shot in the forehead. The japanese is for the anime and the manga, i shouldn't need a translator dictionary to read a damn fic.
5. Lemons, i hate PWP stories. I'd rather watch a hentai for poor thought out plots and sex then a story about it. The sex shouldn't be the climax of a story, (so to speak) but a factor in it. Have some type of feeling between the characters, that builds up the expectation of the act, instead of "Ur hawt, lets screw!"

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#51 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 20 2006, 07:27 AM)
One thing I really do hate, the bad stories that get millions of reviews. You might question me on this, but FF.net has several of these stories. Fics that have no real plot, zero character development or no writting style whatso ever, but somehow its popular because its got a well played out story.

FF.net has told me one amazing thing. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Other pet peeves..

1. People that use dieing, instead of the word dying.
2. Bad grammar in general and the author's reluntance to correct their mistakes. Even if its obvious mistakes.
3. I extremely hate OOC fics and the author's excuse for it being considered character developement. If you want to tweak the characters your way make it at least in the realm of the original work.
4. I don't mind a little bit of Japanese word play, but if you have full sentences in japanese, you need to be shot in the forehead. The japanese is for the anime and the manga, i shouldn't need a translator dictionary to read a damn fic.
5. Lemons, i hate PWP stories. I'd rather watch a hentai for poor thought out plots and sex then a story about it. The sex shouldn't be the climax of a story, (so to speak) but a factor in it. Have some type of feeling between the characters, that builds up the expectation of the act, instead of "Ur hawt, lets screw!"

Sorry one more thing. I extremely hate storys that have no paragraphs. Its just one long ass block of words and sentences. It bleeds NoWhere Man's eyes, it does.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#52 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:31 AM

I mainly hate the people that try to rush it and wonder why their story really blows....

#53 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:37 AM

Oh boy... Fanfiction hates, huh? XD

1. Stealers. My biggest hate by far. If you cannot write anything original, don't publish anything in the first place!

2. Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus. Reading "mysterious boy/girl" in a summary is on par with having your wisdom teeth extracted.

3. Extreme OOC. A little OOC is fine, but extreme just completely destroys the characters. I've lost count of the number of fics where Sakura is portrayed as a total b*tch - far worse than she ever was in the manga/anime! Portraying Sasuke as a fluffy, caring, guy is just creepy.

4. Bashing fics. Please reserve your character-bashing fics for your blogs and fandom threads.

5. Lack of spelling/grammar. You would swear some authors are allergic to spelling and grammar. O.o So many fics just dump all the text in a single paragraph AND completely mispell the words AND misuse punctuation!

My favourite type of fanfiction is definitely character-driven. Especially the ones where Naruto and Sakura are shown developing feelings for each other, little steps along the way. I love it when it goes to friendship, then eventually spills over into love.

#54 puckreathof

puckreathof

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

Yeah. Japanese in the fiction as well. Look, technique names are fine. Suffixes are cool. Once you start hitting daijobu desu ka and having full sentences? Quit it! I can't read Japanese! There are a few authors who don't even put up a translation via author's notes. I'll forgive it if you translate in parentheses or something, but to just put it up and not translate? If there's a particular story reason we aren't supposed to follow what they're saying, fine. From the POV of that character, he might not understand the words. But quit it.

Bad Grammar can be forgiven if the story is fair, but that depends on the quality of the plotline and the severity of the grammar. Also, I have to ask, please have some kind of theme or connection in the chapters. There's been a couple of fics that have no time focus so the chapters jump from span of time a to span of time b and they leave you feeling horribly disoriented because you're not really sure what's going on.

If I see High-school fic in the summary, I avoid. If I see 'people get sucked into the Naruto world' I don't care who they are, soldier, high school students, SI, they could be the Dalai-f'in-Lama. I Run like hell.
Back to what Shriner is saying, yeah, my example earlier is just a classic example of an AU done bad, with serious OOC. It's like a Naruto who's a 'stud' showing up in the village, and he goes out of his way to court the shy girl. Hm. Logical? Far from it. Especially considering the span of time that usually happens in. and of course, my all time least favorite, the vote-fics. God, get over yourselves. Are you looking for attention and reviews? They're trying to pump up their numbers or something dumb. Not that I've written much fanfiction, but whenever I work out a story idea, it's not something that can really take a lot of outside input without falling apart, in the sense of a vote to decide a pairing. You'll have a story that has a lot of development for a particular relationship, but there's a sudden upsurge at the end of the vote, and so all the development is dropped and means nothing, so Naruto can get with 'the winner'.

I can agree with you on the Keitaro hate fics, and find that a lot of fiction does that, wherever there is a violent girl/fiancee. It happens mostly to Akane and Narusegawa, I think. Sakura too, although not as often. It's one thing if Ranma/Naruto/Keitaro drop the relationships due to a lack of trust, but it's another if they go out of their way to make the girl's life miserable, or suddenly start becoming an a**hole. Especially when these guys are about as un-a**hole-ish as you can get.

Especially someone like Naruto, who is hated by an entire village, and wants to become their protector, to put his life on the line for them, because he wants to prove them wrong, and I think on some level he can empathize/sympathize with the villagers, after all, he's got a heart. So Naruto-hate fics can be pretty hard to work into as well. If it gets seeded early, and enough time is given, and the villagers/teammates/etc. become vindictive enough, then it works, but all of these things take time. Plus, Naruto's reversal should also be somewhat slow. Personality changes don't happen overnight, not to sane people at least.

Short chapters. For God's sake. If you've got 8 chapters and it's 8000 words... ugh. That's more personal than anything else, but how much plot and development can you really fit in 1k words per chapter? In my failed attempts at writing, I've gone for about 5k to 10k words per chapter, which I think is a fair number, but who knows.

One of the things I find funny about fanfiction is how it develops it's own trends that are counter, or become counter, to what the story reveals. And not that I have anything against fiction where Kyuubi 'helps' Naruto, so long as it's done right, but considering what the latest bit of manga shows, (I've always thought) Kyuubi's more of a force of nature than anything else, and Naruto's gaining power that is shortening his lifespan, and there's no word play when he goes four tails. In fact, if you'll notice, the Kyuubi grasping him is quite a malevolent scene when he starts to whip out the fourth tail. So yeah. It's funny, because it has become a fanfiction trend, and in my personal opinion, it's contrary to the manga. Such as it is. I've got to go, but you can expect another long-a** post on this subject at a later date, because I read a whole lot of fanfiction, and not all of it is good.

#55 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Hey,I hope no one posted this already,I didn't see it on the first page anyways,but:

Major time skips
Alright,does this bug anyone else?Like,I don't mind if the people are 2 or 3 years older,but if at the beggining of the fic they say they are 15 years older,married and the president of the united states,then I get annoyed!

#56 Mira

Mira

Interweb Stalker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:36 PM

Aaah, FanFiction.net Hates. Where to start... where to start...

1. High-School Fiction: These types are the most pointless pieces I have ever seen. The only thing that gets developed is a relationship between a guy and a girl and even that is poorly done. Girl sees guy and thinks he's teh hawt and Guy see girl and think she's teh hawt does NOT equal realistic romance. People don't MAGICALLY fit together and everything is okay like a smiley face. It takes time to know each other, to build up trust, and to figure out compatiblity. Chucking in drama and angst into a story with a non-existent plot does NOT save the story. It just adds more cheese to the story.

2. Shonen-ai/Yaoi: I am not homophopic; I am a firm supporter in homosexual rights. However, my compassion for homosexual related topics does not extend to boyxboy smut because that's what most of these fanfictions seem to be. I have NEVER been fond of under-developed relationships that involve incompatible people, pointless smut/lust/etc., or major OOCness and I refuse to start now.

3. Incorporating Japanese in English Fanfiction: People who do use Japanese in English Fanfiction are likely to abuse/maim/mutliate words and then the readers end up catching it as well. Othertimes the word usage is correct but I end up getting annoyed with words like Kawaii, Chibi, etc. The whole point in learning Japanese is to either speak to people who know it or enjoy Japanese entertainment. I'm fine with suffixes, technique names, character names, and names for japanese oriented objects but that is about as far as I can go without bashing my head on my keyboard.

4. "Got a problem? Blame it on someone.": This is probably one of the most frustrating and illogical things that I constantly find in Naruto Fanfiction. The 'I really like Itachi and I'd like to see him as a protagonist. Instead, we'll put the blame on the Uchiha Clan and Shisui because they're really just a bunch of corrupt and greedy idiots anyway.' plot is mind numbingly ridiculous. Of course, we still don't know why he killed everyone in the Uchiha Clan except for his brother but I seriously doubt that plot twist is the reason why. However, that plot twist basically shreds every characteristic of Itachi that makes Itachi who he is. Not only that, but it only proves that the author takes Itachi at face value rather than appreciating the villain that he is. Which takes me to...

5. "Hi! I'm your friendly neighborhood, Kyuubi.": You can try to convince me that the Kyuubi isn't a bloodthirty hateful demon who was justified in attempting to destory a village full of innocent people like Iruka's Parents but you'll fail miserably. Sure, it might be original but I don't see the point. The Kyuubi really isn't a source of power for Naruto as shown in the manga. It's poisonous burden to his body and the only reason why he was able to stand it was his chakra. I can't understand how the Kyuubi would be able to talk to Naruto through a seal that the Yondaime, a man who was considered to be a GENIUS, had created. Also, why the hell should Naruto get along with something that would be a hindrance to his dream as Hokage, has tried to kill him, and is the reason why all the villagers hate him?

Hmm... I'll add some more later when I get the time.

#57 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:50 PM

ahhh, so people HAVE experienced fic stealers before, and i agree Mira, i hate High school fics to, as the most anoying fic i have EVER read was a combination of most of these fic hates, and it was a 50 chap story, and just lemme tell you some of the many things that was wrong about it

It was a highschool fic, it was NaruSasu, the whole chap was cramed into one paragraph, they had freeking bad scenes, they love eachother at first sight, there freeking married in the begining, to what i could tell, had one of the BIGGEST MARY-SUES I HAVE EVER READ, and it made NO scence what-so-ever!

i wont burden you by giving you the link, as it is not worth anyones time, and it has 5000+ reviews, and it said good fic, keep going!

Is it me, or are the stupid fic writers multiplying?!?!?!

#58 puckreathof

puckreathof

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

Is it me, or are the stupid fic writers multiplying?!?!?!

YES!

For God's sake, yes. I remember Flashfyre5, writer of Genin, and his final author note as he left Naruto on Fanfiction.net forever. I had to agree with everything he said. and as American as I am, do you want to know why it's gotten worse? Because Naruto made it into the states. It was expected that this would occur. All of the anime fans who are generally more refined and appreciative and in-depth (mind you, this is a generalization, so there are exceptions of course) study of the art form will not be here. Now I'm not putting down anybody who's new to Anime and only watches after U.S. release. We were all fresh once, we were all young once. But grow older, and watch art without the filters that are placed prior to the American viewing audience getting its fill. (Really, I think I'm being melodramatic, but I don't care)

Seriously, I used to be fairly dub but open-minded, now I'm heavy sub with a less open mind. Truly, the quality of subs has not improved at all as time has gone on, and I think this is in part due to the industry failing to realize that animated movies can make it big, much bigger than just being kiddy fare. Not that I don't like Disney, but dang it, Anime is still an in-the-closet obsession, a guilty pleasure.

Because of that, I think it's hard to take it seriously (as much as companies may try to say they're doing so) and an industry an art form that isn't taken seriously will flounder. ... This is all personal opinion and highly biased, so feel free to ignore all of it except for the bold italicized and underlined text at the top of the post.

#59 Memories

Memories

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:00 AM

Agree....Naruto on CN has also brought alot of younsters who can barely pronounce/read the names much less write a story.

Dislikes:
1) Stealing fics from not just other fanfics but majorly other animes and just changing the character's names.
2) English names in a Japanese story
3) Fic that are JUST TO Weird To FOLLOW
4) No plot, character development, and length to tell a story (I mean...it can be short to the point, but ask yourself should this story be short.)

(From this thread I've learn the don't and dos of writing fanfics before I've written any.)
Just to say hi and I'm not dead
I only forgot to write sooner...but my memory is so very bad
Funny I should say that and still so very young...while my name may be Memories...all it means is "I'm sunk."
Now I sit here...with a migraine in my head...instead of posting this signature...I've saved it instead.

and my banner says, "Sealed at birth...to hold Kyubi's wrath...only to be shun...abandoned...and laughed at...Dreaming of a future worth living...he wants to be Hokage,...the largest goal of any ninja...This is his journey... from beginning...to end...He's Naruto...a fighter among men.

#60 Mira

Mira

Interweb Stalker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:49 AM

I'm going to continue my list since I'm NOT JUST DONE yet. I was unfortunate to remember a few things that I hated when I checked out FanFiction.net today.

6. Sakura Bashing: It's very heartless to judge a twelve year-old girl at first sight as a b*tch and hold firm to that opinion even up to 304. It shows that you are a closed minded idiot who cannot identify change even if it was

bolded, italicized, underlined, hightlighted in red, and enlarged!111!1!11!!!!1oneleven

It shouldn't be that difficult to tell that Sakura has INDEED matured. Yet, even today I see fanfictions mindlessly bashing the poor girl. Kishimoto setted her up that way with an intention to show her character developement. She went from a weak, selfish, immature, boy-obsessed twelve year-old who couldn't comprehend her teammates to a strong, determined, and caring woman. I hate bashing in general, but she takes so much abuse from Naruto Fans that it's hard not to pity her.

7. "What if...?": It only takes those TWO WORDS to make my blood boil. Being an author requires creative methods of combining words into a fluid sentence. The English Language has a lot of words that can make high quality summaries. It's something friggin "What if?" is incapable of doing. I don't even need to read the rest of the summary to know that it is most definately crap.

8. Teh MASK: Naruto pretends to be a stupid, compassionate, weak little boy, but he's REALLY, ACTUALLY, MUCHO intellegent, cool, serious, more UBER-POWERFUL than Kakashi, and apathetic under teh MASK. Why not just name him SASUKE or ITACHI instead of NARUTO? I can understand that Naruto has the potential to be more outwardly intellegent person if he was raised under different circumstances. He's definately capable of being serious as he had proved to the fans and if he was raised under different circumstances he could be as powerful as he should've been during academy days. However, it's NOT gonna happen on his own and it's definately not gonna come to fruition with the Kyuubi. It should also be noted that it's absolutely ridiculous to have such a pointless mask. Where would his drive in living come from if he was so damned apathetic? What's the friggin point in character developement if he just WOKE UP that way?

9. Mary Sue/Gary Stu: There are no words than can express how much I HATE these types of OOC.

10. "Eet r mai fUrSt fanfic plz b3 nice 2 me!!!! NO FLAMEZ! r&r a lot!!!!!!1!!!11!1!! Eef eye dun got 10 rEvIeWs eye weel n0t rite anymore!": ...th_cussing.gif

11. Dialogue that is all clumped in a giant ball of paragraph goodness: There is so much headache trying to read that; I don't know how many brain cells I've lost.

12. Original characters that have English Names in a story concerning characters with JAPANESE based culture influencing the names.

*sigh* I really hate how FanFiction has devolved over the years. Many of sections of FanFiction of my fandoms went down the drain because of immature brats who apparantly need more lessions in writing from their English Teachers. I've taken time to write some constructed reviews to authors that are in dire need of reconstruction in their writing. However, not a single one of them has taken my advice. My visits to that site are becoming less frequent by the day however I'm too stubborn to give up completely on the decent authors out there that are still alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users