2 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

My second Chris Lynheart book is nearing completion, or at least the rough draft. Once this is done, I'll be switching over to my other series "Mages of the North"

For me, coming up with names is very difficult because I always think of something stupid or just plain bland. I need names that fit a variety of characters that fit how they look, act and what their strongest magics are.

Names I have so far:

Floris: Main male character who is very skilled with alchemy, but lacks a huge amount of skill when it comes to magic. At the age of 14, he has long neck-length blonde hair, blue eyes, stands at a height of "5.4" and is Caucasian with a fairly tarnish skin tone. (No he looks nothing like Naruto outside of those traits)

Alvis: Floris's best friend, and supporting main character. He has a limited understanding of magic, but is willing and eager to learn. At the age of 14, he has very short dark brown hair, brown eyes, stands at a height of "5.6" and has a skin tone similar to Floris, but maybe a little darker.

Kathrina: Lead female character who is gifted in the arts of restoration. At the age of 13, she has very long dark green hair that reaches her lower back, green eyes and often wears green clothing. She stands at a height of "5.3" and is Caucasian with a fairly palish skin complexion. 

These are the three characters I'm happy with. Their names fit, their personalities fit, and their attitudes towards one another will vary depending one what's going on. But now I need the names for a variety of characters, firstly, the supporting main cast:

Male 1: Talented with Alteration magic, and is a comedy character that often breaks the forth wall.

Male 2: A suspicious fellow who's only desire is to master the school of Conjuration, which is very frowned upon by the outside world.

Male 3: Someone who's gifted in the arts of Destruction magic. 

Male 4: Someone who is fairly gifted in terms of Illusion magic.

Female 1: Kathrina's best friend who runs away from home with her, and who is also somewhat talented in healing magic.

Female 2: A quiet, but talented girl when it comes to alchemy.

Female 3: Talented in the arts of enchanting.

Female 4: Talented with the arts of Mysticism.

Elemental Mages:

Elemental mages are mages who excel at elemental magics such as fire, water, ice, lightning and so on. They are immune to their own element, but are weak to their counter parts. Fire is weak to water, water is weak to ice, ice is weak to lightning, lightning is weak to earth and so on. This is where I'm having the most trouble with names.

Name for Elemental Fire mage:

Name for Elemental Water Mage:

Name for Elemental Ice Mage

Name for Elemental Lightning mage

Name for Elemental Earth mage:

Also, names for professors would be welcome.

Finally, we come to the villain. An extremely powerful Necromancer who leads an organization of other Necromancers who seek to destroy the northern continent.

If you have ideas or want to help, please let me know.  

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

Male 1: Talented with Alteration magic, and is a comedy character that often breaks the forth wall.   Root

Male 2: A suspicious fellow who's only desire is to master the school of Conjuration, which is very frowned upon by the outside world.  Sylas

Male 3: Someone who's gifted in the arts of Destruction magic.  Char

Male 4: Someone who is fairly gifted in terms of Illusion magic.  Fada

Female 1: Kathrina's best friend who runs away from home with her, and who is also somewhat talented in healing magic. Lilly

Female 2: A quiet, but talented girl when it comes to alchemy. Creare

Female 3: Talented in the arts of enchanting. Sedana

Female 4: Talented with the arts of Mysticism. Elissa

Name for Elemental Fire mage: Flare

Name for Elemental Water Mage: Tsuna

Name for Elemental Ice Mage Névé

Name for Elemental Lightning mage Astra

Name for Elemental Earth mage: Tellos

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Male 1: Talented with Alteration magic, and is a comedy character that often breaks the forth wall.   Root

Male 2: A suspicious fellow who's only desire is to master the school of Conjuration, which is very frowned upon by the outside world.  Sylas

Male 3: Someone who's gifted in the arts of Destruction magic.  Char

Male 4: Someone who is fairly gifted in terms of Illusion magic.  Fada

Female 1: Kathrina's best friend who runs away from home with her, and who is also somewhat talented in healing magic. Lilly

Female 2: A quiet, but talented girl when it comes to alchemy. Creare

Female 3: Talented in the arts of enchanting. Sedana

Female 4: Talented with the arts of Mysticism. Elissa

Name for Elemental Fire mage: Flare

Name for Elemental Water Mage: Tsuna

Name for Elemental Ice Mage Névé

Name for Elemental Lightning mage Astra

Name for Elemental Earth mage: Tellos

Thank you! 

Names are so simplistic, but they work! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users