• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#41 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

what the actual sh-t.
The chunnin exam is just like the Hunter Exam! Identical!
LMFAOOO Kishi, you are a scam bruh.

Told you so bae ;)

Wait till you see the original Akatsuki and the original Uchiha massacre (kinda already been exposed to it). And then there's Hisoka. Orochimaru's inspiration :chuckle:

I really like Kurapika, Sasuke original concept done right

He's cool. I don't mind him. I like Killua much better though.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#42 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

It's sad when you see that Kishi's best arc's original idea didn't even came from him

Exactly! I didn't even realize this until I read HxH. It really makes you re-think everything about Naruto, even Part 1.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#43 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:37 AM

Few questions

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#44 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Sasuke is combination of many anti hero/rival trait.
His design is based on rukawa from slam dunk.
His motivation based on kurapika revenge.
His uchiha pride is based on vegeta Prince of saiyan.
I don't know witch part killua similiarity with him since I'm not familiar with hxh. Oh special mention Griffith(berserk)(eagle theme) and tetsuo(Akira).

I think chidori is based on killua hearth snatcher in hunter exam arc.

Yes, kishi is not creative. Oh I think kakashi is cool and competent leorio with mask and white hair.

#45 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

Come on guys. :confused: We're not upset with Kishi A.K.A. kishkittens cause he copied series, since that has been done countless times throughout history. It's the fact the he  kittened on his own story values and placed his main characters in unrealistic, unhealthy, and DEFINITELY unplanned out relationships that make the characters miserable, and us miserable. Whether He is miserable is yet to be seen but at least he is reaping what he sows.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 July 2015 - 07:22 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#46 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

Come on guys. :confused: We're not upset with Kishi A.K.A. kishkittens cause he copied series, since that has been done countless times throughout history. It's the fact the he  kittened on his own story values and placed his main characters in unrealistic, unhealthy, and DEFINITELY unplanned out relationships that make the characters miserable, and us miserable. Whether He is miserable is yet to be seen but at least he is reaping what he sows.

I've been hating on him for taking HxH themes, as well as themes form elsewhere, since long before the ending. It speaks to his lack of creativity. It's perfectly ok for us to crush him about it, because there's very little differentiation between the two versions.

EXL5X4B.png

#47 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Yo guys, if you didn't know Naruto is half a copy of HxH, while bleach is half a copy of Yu Yu Hakusho. Both HxH and YYH are works of Togashi, lolololol

#48 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

Yo guys, if you didn't know Naruto is half a copy of HxH, while bleach is half a copy of Yu Yu Hakusho. Both HxH and YYH are works of Togashi, lolololol

I haven't watched YYH, but from what I've seen, Bleach isn't really that similar in my eyes. Not even the fighting is that similar...

EXL5X4B.png

#49 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

Huh, in what ways?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#50 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

I haven't watched YYH, but from what I've seen, Bleach isn't really that similar in my eyes. Not even the fighting is that similar...

Huh, in what ways?

Spirit theme/Shinigami. Main hero becomes servant of Soul Goverment, MC only using one attack as his main (soul gun or whatever it was in YYH), and smaller things as I remember (one of Nakama's is close to Ishida in tembper and is enemy of MC (as Isida was in the beggining), inner demon with transformation that gives longer hair as Berserk Ichigo had latter) , but Kubo did alot of his work himself, he just got some ispiration of it, more than copying it straight from original, unlike Kishimoto did.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 22 July 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#51 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Sasuke is combination of many anti hero/rival trait.
His design is based on rukawa from slam dunk.
His motivation based on kurapika revenge.
His uchiha pride is based on vegeta Prince of saiyan.
I don't know witch part killua similiarity with him since I'm not familiar with hxh. Oh special mention Griffith(berserk)(eagle theme) and tetsuo(Akira).

I think chidori is based on killua hearth snatcher in hunter exam arc.

Yes, kishi is not creative. Oh I think kakashi is cool and competent leorio with mask and white hair.

He has one more similarity to Kurapika, the eyes

And about the Vegeta comparision...well tbh Sasuke had never that much of "Uchiha pride", he was more about revenge and vindication

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#52 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

And about the Vegeta comparision...well tbh Sasuke had never that much of "Uchiha pride", he was more about revenge and vindication

He actually was never about that, he olny cared for revenge or Itachi's memory.

#53 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Well, I've just finished the anime yesterday, and now I feel this indescribable emptiness inside of me... Reading the chapters of the next arc didn't really help; it just made the whole hiatus waiting even worse b/c the Dark Continent Arc looks very promising (and Kurapika and Leorio are back!) Needless to say, this is an amaaaaazing series. It was slow in the beginning and required some of my patience, but slowly but surely it developed into something truly amazing. Props to Madhouse for keeping up with thr animation quality continuosly. Togashi is a genius, and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out; hopefully, it will come out soon b/c only one more chapter is needed for a new volume to be released >_< I'd like to start my HxH collection starting from the Dark Continent Arc.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#54 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

Well, I've just finished the anime yesterday, and now I feel this indescribable emptiness inside of me... Reading the chapters of the next arc didn't really help; it just made the whole hiatus waiting even worse b/c the Dark Continent Arc looks very promising (and Kurapika and Leorio are back!) Needless to say, this is an amaaaaazing series. It was slow in the beginning and required some of my patience, but slowly but surely it developed into something truly amazing. Props to Madhouse for keeping up with thr animation quality continuosly. Togashi is a genius, and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out; hopefully, it will come out soon b/c only one more chapter is needed for a new volume to be released >_< I'd like to start my HxH collection starting from the Dark Continent Arc.

It's definitely great. Now that you've done that, you can start the only shonen that surpasses it :chuckle:

EXL5X4B.png

#55 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

It's definitely great. Now that you've done that, you can start the only shonen that surpasses it :chuckle:

One Piece Manga, here we gooooo! I honestly don't think that One Piece will surpass HxH in my eyes just b/c of my personal tastes, but I'm ready for that Marine Ford arc greatness (even though I pretty much know the outcome already :sweat:).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#56 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

Leorio-best speech ever I've ever heard at an election XD:
"I was studying for myself, drinking, moving from place to place, jerking off (lmfao!!!!), entertaining women, surfing on the internet..." A little bit later:" And please forget that part about jerking off."
Dead. Straight up dead XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#57 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

I'll post what I've posted in the TG thread:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#58 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

I'll post what I've posted in the TG thread:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#59 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

Though nothing special, here's a the newest artwork for HxH from August 25th. Well, at least Togashi is alive...

https://twitter.com/...392870279122944

I have faith that HxH will come back towards the end of this year though. He's never gone a year w/out any releases (if we count in those Kurapika specials).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Close but no cigar...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hiatus x Hiatus, Better than Naruto, oh look a real friendship, way better than Naruto, Kishi literally took from this, like no lie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users