26 replies to this topic

#21 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've never actually played an SMT game before, so this will be a whole new experience for me. My only real experience with Atlus is the Trauma titles for Wii/DS, and that was only watching my sister play (or watch them herself I guess, they seemed to be heavily text-based). The main reason I'm getting it is the upcoming Fire Emblem / SMT crossover game for Wii U, since I'm a big enough FE fan that buying that game is pretty much inevitable, and I'd like to know a little bit about this universe before jumping in.

All the stuff I've read so far makes it sound crazy interesting though. The reviews seem really good too. It seems like it's really long and really in-depth, and the combat system sounds really challenging.

I suppose since these games are targeting Japanese fans first (I assume), putting it on a handheld makes sense. The 3DS has already outsold the PS3 in that region, and seems to be the popular gaming device over there right now. It might make a console appearance later though....who knows. Though, since I'll be going on a camping trip next month, it'll be nice to have this to kill time on that long drive.  :happy:

Yup. Attention JRPG fans. You guys MUST play SMT series. Go check it out. Its really successful in Japan but not in the West because there's not much exposure.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 16 July 2013 - 12:39 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#22 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well There is the SMTXFE crossover. For me, there is Zelda, Mario Kart, Sonic Lost world, and Mainly Nintendo titles really. Super Smash Bros. that is all. Debatable with PS4 titles, not so much because I don't like PS as it is I can't list any thing in particular I'm crazy about playing at the moment,but that will likely change. :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#23 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Pokemon X & Y for sure (Only pre-order X), Sonic Lost World, Naruto Ninja Storm 3 (yes, I have yet to purchase it, but I just learned about Burst soo), Smash Bros. That's about it from the new ones, but there's plenty of older titles I wanna play too

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#24 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

Tales of Xillia (number 1 for me, I am addicted to the tales series!), Kingdom Hearts 3 (of course), FF15 (or also known as final fantasy versus 13 been waiting too long for this), Dragon Age 3 (yeah 2 wasn't as great as 1 but I still enjoyed it), US release of Phantasy Star Online 2, The elder scrolls online.

Yeah I love rpg's and I am pretty sure I am forgetting quite a few from my list of awaited games, but these ones are definitely high on the list for me!

#25 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

Mostly for me, Kingdom Hearts 3, Batman: Arkham Origins, and GTA 5 at the moment.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Pokemon X & Y for sure (Only pre-order X), Sonic Lost World, Naruto Ninja Storm 3 (yes, I have yet to purchase it, but I just learned about Burst soo), Smash Bros. That's about it from the new ones, but there's plenty of older titles I wanna play too

OOH, I forgot to mention that!!  :wallbash: Well Said, MangaReader!!!!  :thumb: X&Y are also on my list. :D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Witcher 3 Obivously but also 

Castlevania:Lords of the Shadow 2.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sllxQ3BH4YU

It's the last story about Dracula then the next might be probably about Symphony of the Night starring Alucard.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users