115 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

Starts with Konohamaru summoning a frog...Wait I thought his grandfather had a contract with the monkeys. I know he suppose to be the closest thing Naruto has ever had to a student but at least that would be more interesting. Shino introduces him a the grandson of the third and a genius because God help us if someone isn't in this series not a genius! A few girl run up to talk with him, and Bolt tries acting cool by mocking him. Wow the side characters look generic...one actually kind of looks like Sakura, and a swear I've seen the other three girls before in other anime. Are they actually copying characters from other anime? The fat filler says he has an inferiority complex...She is right. Bolt is so unlikable I'm agreeing with the fat filler, and because of that he decides to attack Konohamaru to steal the scroll. Since he has not made a contract with the toad he just makes himself look like a fool. Oh looks like they are finally going to give some importance to Salad this episode because she the one that give the reactions to Bolt being lectured instead of the Clone.

So they are teaching summoning ninja tools this episode. So all the kids start listing what summoning animal they would like to have. Bolt picks snakes...what a surprise. After Bolt ignores Shino and says that they should try summon a big animal next time, Salad finally lectures him. Since the way Bolt keeps trying to act cool is causing a lot of problems, he is bringing down the reputation of the entire class. This starts the conflict between the boys in the class and the girls, you know for this episode.

Konohamaru and Shino go and have tea together where Konohamaru brings up that Shino's generation (ie Sasuke Sakura and Naruto) had a lot of competitive people that left a mark on the world. Which gets Shino thinking. 

They bring up that Salad and Bolt used to hang out because of their parents, again. That they both don't like each other, again. They both want the same food with only one left. Bolt says he deserves it because he always has it. So there's that entitlement again. Bolt brings up that yakisoba is his second favorite food next to hamburgers. Salad buys it while Bolt is distracted and he has a hissy fit. The repeater finally comes in and says they should just have a fight over it. The clone is back (and so is her being the reaction shot to everything again) and once again like her predecessor does nothing. Shino breaks it up, and decides to have a girl vs boy capture the flag.

The event happens (What? I'm not going to do a play by play of a fight). Eventually Bolt get the idea near the end to use the Frog summon scroll in order to scare the girls. Instead when he does the summon he awakens the demon from last week. Then summons...something that looks like a snake that knocks the fat filler off the roof, which was where the flag was. So Bolt and his friends spring into action to save her, and we see the evil demon aura thing while he is holding the fat filler. Konohamaru destroys "the Snake." Oh the clone got the flag isn't that great.

And because this story is predictable as kitten all is forgiven and this conflict between the girl and the boy that was only in this episode is resolved completely in this episode. Also at the end we see Cups watching over everyone.

Honestly even thought I think are going to change Salad's personality, again. She is still the best character of the next generation. So her presence did improve the episode up a bit. It still a generic by the numbers cookie cutter anime, but for a few bit it was an average generic by the numbers cookie cutter anime, instead of a bad and boring one. Or it could just be them kittening on Bolt in this episode made me like it slightly better because I'm started to truly get tired of him.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 April 2017 - 12:38 PM.

#2 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Bail :D

As usual, it's predictable. An episode of average anime with Boruto behaving like Naruto. Sarada behaving like Sakura. And Sumire got the flag bringing a win for the team.

A demon linking to Boruto featuring a problem in the future.

Mitsuki introduced next episode.

If it was an exam, I would have aced it.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Bail :D

As usual, it's predictable. An episode of average anime with Boruto behaving like Naruto. Sarada behaving like Sakura. And Sumire got the flag bringing a win for the team.

A demon linking to Boruto featuring a problem in the future.

Mitsuki introduced next episode.

If it was an exam, I would have aced it.

Here is a bit a information I'd like to share. I normally pause the episode to type after watching a scene to write the summary. This episode I paused it at the start of the scene and guessed what would happen. I was right the entire time. I even guessed that Bolt summoning would go wrong and he would awaken the big bad. That's how predictable this episode was. I wasn't even putting much thought into my guesses.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Perhaps the second worst episode. The latter half did help a bit but first half was dragging. Still, the outcome is predictable and didn't amount too much between Sarada and Boruto. It felt it was glossed over with a simple thank you. As if the focus dismisses the point of it in the first place.

#5 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Here is a bit a information I'd like to share. I normally pause the episode to type after watching a scene to write the summary. This episode I paused it at the start of the scene and guessed what would happen. I was right the entire time. I even guessed that Bolt summoning would go wrong and he would awaken the big bad. That's how predictable this episode was. I wasn't even putting much thought into my guesses.

It's too predictable . The producers think repeating the same details in Naruto would be likable for the watchers of the anime and readers of the manga.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

Perhaps the second worst episode. The latter half did help a bit but first half was dragging. Still, the outcome is predictable and didn't amount too much between Sarada and Boruto. It felt it was glossed over with a simple thank you. As if the focus dismisses the point of it in the first place.

The second episode was the worst to be honest. The first next with introducing us to Bolt the Spoiled Hypocrite. This is next with it drag out predictable plot. And third is best mainly due to Nara family interaction, and a creative fight.

It's too predictable . The producers think repeating the same details in Naruto would be likable for the watchers of the anime and readers of the manga.

This isn't the plot of Naruto or anything like that. This is just a copy of the standard plot you can find in any generic high-school light novel based shounen anime with Naruto-like characters.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

The second episode was the worst to be honest. The first next with introducing us to Bolt the Spoiled Hypocrite. This is next with it drag out predictable plot. And third is best mainly due to Nara family interaction, and a creative fight.

At least the last episode have some actual value with Shikadai. Here, it just done stuff I guess. The second episode is the worst. I sensed myself falling asleep. Not good. It's funny because this episode was trying hard to do what the last episode did in terms of "livelihood" but it didn't land. Next episode, Mitsuki looks to have a different personality. Time to fix that in one episode.

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Boruto=Copy paste from Naruto.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

That remind me. Boruto seems to be more of Naruto despite a slight change. It's a shame.

#10 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

Just got done watching the episode, and I guess I've finally made my stance... I'm not reviewing the episode on my YT channel this week I feel like there wasn't much for me to talk about let alone what was happening in the episode too.. Like I saw it and I was like that's it? That and the episode felt very weak and bland. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Just got done watching the episode, and I guess I've finally made my stance... I'm not reviewing the episode on my YT channel this week I feel like there wasn't much for me to talk about let alone what was happening in the episode too.. Like I saw it and I was like that's it? That and the episode felt very weak and bland. 

I noticed the activity is growing far less. It's the payoff just seems slow. So yeah, I'm just going to work on my promised YT videos.

#12 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

"Dumnezeule.... e mai rau decat `The Young and the Restless`."

God... it's worse than The Young and the Restless.

And two screenshots:

I used to say that Shino got a pair of Oculus Rift. However after seeing this image, I have to say he's got a radiator grill attached to his face.

Just check it out

Car Radiator Grill

Edited by Nostradamus, 26 April 2017 - 05:05 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#13 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

This isn't the plot of Naruto or anything like that. This is just a copy of the standard plot you can find in any generic high-school light novel based shounen anime with Naruto-like characters.

I know. I meant with the characters. The behaviors and what they do when dealing with things are the same as the characters in Naruto. They aren't altering enough to make them not the same as the ones from Naruto.

Eventually, the story telling with the main characters in Boruto won't differ much except Boruto will leave Konoha at some point in the future cause the first scene shows he had his headband's village icon crossed off.

I used to say that Shino got a pair of Oculus Rift. However after seeing this image, I have to say he's got a radiator grill attached to his face.

Just check it out

Car Radiator Grill

It's really a radiator grill XD If his glasses gets heated up, one can grill a tiny steak or have some fried eggs.

If it's for the purpose to show a cool thing, they're overdoing it for a Boruto theme. Just like the great advancement in technology that got displayed in their world.

Edited by T XD, 26 April 2017 - 05:28 PM.

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Well, it does seem like the activity has decreased. Come on, guys. Show me your excitement.

#15 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Well, it does seem like the activity has decreased. Come on, guys. Show me your excitement.

Wait a few more hours and you'll see.

#16 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

Nostradamus roasting poor Shino lmaoo

They should do an episode where all the kids try to remove Shino's car grills

Like a Kakashi 2.0 since they're not done rehashing ideas

#17 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Nostradamus roasting poor Shino lmaoo

They should do an episode where all the kids try to remove Shino's car grills

Like a Kakashi 2.0 since they're not done rehashing ideas

That sounds too exciting that it won't happen.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

I don't recall that Naruto and Sakura even interacted after "The Last Retcon" so why is it even believable that Boruto and Sarada are childhood friends that used to have play dates together. Give me a kittening break man! :yucky:

Gotta say though, at least the "clone" was useful in the episode. If it was Hinata should just be "G-Good luck Naruto-kun........."

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#19 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

That sounds too exciting that it won't happen.

They're too jaded for their age, so probs not

#20 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

I'll give Sumire that atleast she was useful in the episode to a certain degree. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users