The Great H&E Drabble Contests!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:00 AM

This is a little idea that Denim, Yoko, and I brainstormed together. It's pretty much just a weekly drabble contest, where you have a choice of 5 different themes to write from...you write your drabble...post it...people can read your drabble, and vote during the week for the top 3 drabbles that they like the best...and at the end of the week the drabbles with the most votes in a separate poll that I put up, will win happy.gif

Prize?

Props for being the best dang drabble writers for that week! laugh.gif
And, you'll also get to have your name displayed at the top of the forum, for winning the Drabble Contest for that week! happy.gif

Your drabble can be from any fandom, on any series, with any pairing that you so choose. Voting polls will go up Monday, and votes counted for the best drabble, new winners, and new themes will be announced on Wednesday happy.gif

Word count? Up to 600 words. And please also try not to exceed the 600 word limit, as that may cause your drabble(s) to be disqualified ^^

Also, you can write more than one drabble from any of the 5 themes posted, but you can only write one drabble per theme.

Plus, don't forget to state which themes/series/universes/character(s) you are posting your drabble(s) for happy.gif

And, this thread will be used to talk about any of the drabbles that are posted, including posting any reviews/critiques/criticisms that anyone wants to make on the drabbles posted, and just general talk about the drabble contests happy.gif

And, most importantly of all...HAVE FUN WITH THIS EVERYONE! a_dance.gif

So go out, have fun, get all of your creative juices flowing, write to your heart's content, and have a kickass time with this everyone! biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE CONTESTS HAVE OFFICIALLY BEGUN! a_spaz.gif

Follow the link to the:

Drabbles Contests REAL DEAL Thread! happy.gif

And here are a couple of quick points to remember:

1). Drabble poll voting will take place Monday-Wednesday.

2). Winners and new themes announced Wednesday night.

3). Time limit to submit a drabble will be until Sunday night, so you will all have from Wednesday night to Sunday night to enter your drabbles for that week happy.gif

4). Everyone can vote twice, and I ask that you please use that 2nd vote to nominate a different drabble, than the one that you used your 1st vote for.

4). The top 3 voted drabbles will be announced on Wednesday night, and the names of the winners will be posted on the front page of the forum, with a special mention of each and every single person who participated, for all to see.

#2 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hmm, this might motivate me into showing my epic writing skllz again!

perhaps ill try and write some drabbles, since its alot easier than having to write a big long fic, which i cbf doing lol.

Question, is there a set length for how long a drabble must be?

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ May 3 2008, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, this might motivate me into showing my epic writing skllz again!

perhaps ill try and write some drabbles, since its alot easier than having to write a big long fic, which i cbf doing lol.

Question, is there a set length for how long a drabble must be?

Not really...just try to keep it at a semi-short level XD

I mean, because a drabble is generally categorized as being a short-story of around 100 words...but I conferred with Yoko and Denim, and they both agree that up to 500 words will be fine happy.gif

#4 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Sounds fun. I'll join if I ever get off my lazy behind to actually do anything XD

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#5 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

Hmm, looks pretty interesting, i might put my keyboard to work if the themes catch my attention a_dance.gif.

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

Oh this actually sounds like fun. Just have a question though. If I do a pairing can it be like a cross fandom? Like Naruto x Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho or Sailor moon or w/e wow.png

I like doing Naruto with girls from other animes/manga so doing drabbles would be pretty cool! I'll work on it when I get some free time!

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ May 3 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh this actually sounds like fun. Just have a question though. If I do a pairing can it be like a cross fandom? Like Naruto x Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho or Sailor moon or w/e wow.png

I like doing Naruto with girls from other animes/manga so doing drabbles would be pretty cool! I'll work on it when I get some free time!

Sure! happy.gif

Just state which series/characters/themes you're writing for, and go for it! happy.gif

#8 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

I posted mine... Kinda pleased with it as well.
Since its a parody of a classic fairytale, the format might be a little odd... but I think it works. biggrin.gif

#9 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Great idea! 8D

I might be entering this, if I may. >D -whips out Microsoft Word- wewt! =D

LOVE IS WAR,

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

I love all of the drabbles so far...you guys rock! a_spaz.gif

Keep 'em coming! wow.png

#11 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Gah, I want to enter...but I love being lazy as well...

I can't decide 111193.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#12 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

...439 words...that is the shortest piece of fiction I have ever written...it killed me to shorten it, but for the sake of the contest, I did it. shamefulcry0js.gif At least it was Naruto and Tayuya. smile.gif

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#13 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ May 3 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gah, I want to enter...but I love being lazy as well...

I can't decide 111193.gif

Get your lazy butt in gear, and post! XDD

QUOTE (Denim88 @ May 3 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...439 words...that is the shortest piece of fiction I have ever written...it killed me to shorten it, but for the sake of the contest, I did it. shamefulcry0js.gif At least it was Naruto and Tayuya. smile.gif

Awesome, Deni! th_glomp.gif

#14 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

Sounds fun, I'll enter sometime later lol. Too lazy...
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#15 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

DDDDDDDDD8

I FAILED! ;___;

My drabble turned into a one-shot.

Stupid RP experience kicking in... c.c My 1000+-word-post ability kicked in. x.x

EDIT:

Can I still post it if it is over 500 words? =/

Edited by Deidara Lover, 03 May 2008 - 11:52 PM.

LOVE IS WAR,

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Okay, i'll increase the drabble word count up to 600 words, just to give some of us...including myself XD...a little more wiggle room tongue.gif

#17 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:53 PM

...-twitch-

Mine is 920 words. Dx

t__t Phail.

LOVE IS WAR,

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:20 AM

Ooooh I gotta an idea coming.. a_plotting.gif

*runs off to write*

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#19 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Ne, Sakura-chan, trying to get me to stop being such a lazy LURKMOAR? Bad enough I've been slacking on finishing up that drabble series as it is without having this thrown out there. tongue.gif We'll see if something hits me upside the head.

Ha! For me that's long!
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#20 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Denim88 @ May 3 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know... I won't hate you if you feel the need to flesh it up on ff.net at one point. *cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users