• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

I like to think so. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

Has you noticed that Sasuke looked like Sai in that picture (the haur style is deffinitely Sai´s not Sasuke´s). Good cacht with the cherry blossoms pattern on the robes.

PD:Can you post that picture of the jounin/chuunin Naruto?

#43 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Enermil @ Mar 10 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has you noticed that Sasuke looked like Sai in that picture (the haur style is deffinitely Sai´s not Sasuke´s). Good cacht with the cherry blossoms pattern on the robes.

PD:Can you post that picture of the jounin/chuunin Naruto?

The hair is sort of in between Sai and Sasuke's. It's definitely fuller and longer than Sai's and does curve outward a bit, where Sai's hair lays flat, but it's not Sasuke's "duck butt" style. wink.gif It's probably what Sasuke's would look like if used oil or something to slick it down (and it does kind of have that look to it) The face is definitely Sasuke's though. I do wonder if Kishimoto was doing this drawing while he was deciding Sasuke's fate in part 2 and creating Sai's character though.

I'll look for it. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#44 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

I'm loving this story, the context and plot is awesome. I was kind of hesitent with the Gay Sasuke/Sai thing at first but I got over that quick enough.

By the way, I'm loving Erie x Harumi(or the other way around), its such a cute couple. Harumi's the "bad girl" but you know shes still just a girl underneath, and Eries all shy and hesitant but you know hes got some courage in there somewhere and would do anything for Harumi. I would love to see more of them, along with NaruSaku of course.

Keep it up please! :thumbs:

#45 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 10 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not noted as a wedding picture explicitly.
But note some interesting things about this drawing: Kishimoto did it before he even published the first chapter of part 2. smile.gif They are clearly at least part 2 age, and looking at Sakura's face in particular, look even older- 18+ I'd say. Now look Sakura's pose, she's "connected to" Naruto. Then notice both Sakura and Naruto have cherry blossom motifs on their costumes, as well as the giant pipe behind Naruto has a cherry blossom motif. Notice that Sakura's and Naruto's finger where a wedding band would go are hidden...
And you know what Kishimoto says about looking for the underneath smile.gif

I think Kishimoto was playfully suggesting a wedding picture there. That picture was what inspired my fanfiction. smile.gif I was an English lit major in college so I almost automatically start looking for symbols in literature, which is often quite helpful in catching subtle things in manga.

Whoa, I thought that was a fanart, didn't know it was real.

Naruto also has the Shodai Hokage's necklace around him to.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#46 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:26 AM

I seen this artwork before, but I thought that the animation studios made this, not Kishimoto (I thought of that when I saw the color of the pic) *Have this pic as a wallpaper* biggrin.gif But maybe that artwork is the preview for the third part of the series (it may happen) ...

Anyways, good job on the story, ciardha :thumbs: biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#47 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm loving this story, the context and plot is awesome. I was kind of hesitent with the Gay Sasuke/Sai thing at first but I got over that quick enough.

By the way, I'm loving Erie x Harumi(or the other way around), its such a cute couple. Harumi's the "bad girl" but you know shes still just a girl underneath, and Eries all shy and hesitant but you know hes got some courage in there somewhere and would do anything for Harumi. I would love to see more of them, along with NaruSaku of course.

Keep it up please! :thumbs:

You don't have to worry about SasukexSai turning into a yaoi thing, I really dislike yaoi (and the western version of the same called slash) because it's usually full of ugly stereotypes of gay men. Kishimoto wrote Orchimaru and Kabuto kind of stereotypically gay. Most of the others are more realistically portrayed with more of a subtle gay vibe. With Haku he wrote a transvestite without resorting to the typical stereotypes, and that's rather rare in fiction, east or west. I was determined to portray Sasuke and Sai as a realistic gay couple. They had an interesting spark when they met. I could see that developing into an attraction and thought, wouldn't it be fun to play that out and see where it goes.

Glad you like Eiro and Harumi smile.gif They are fun to write. I like all the kids, and if I had more time to write would do spin off stories about them. Kitomi is fun too, because she's definitely a qualified member of the team, but her love affair with love itself distracts her. Isao is fun as a character foil to Eiro because he's much more a typical boy of that age, Chie, the naive tomboyish girl's attraction to Isao, and his to her is something I'd like to explore too. Then there's Manabu, who hero worships Naruto, in the way Shikamaru did Asuma. I also like writing Saori, but she's a bit young yet to have a fully formed personality, I've given some hints of what she will grow into, but it's fun for now to write her as a preschooler with a very interesting family circle. I do plan on letting you get a glimpse of her younger sibling too. I may do that for now in one of the A-Z drabbles, and make it part of the epilogue of Rain or Shine. I also have a story idea for Saori's first day at the Academy that I'm eager to write, that might also make a first and shortened appearence in the A-Z drabbles, depending on whether any of the prompts fit.

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 19 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seen this artwork before, but I thought that the animation studios made this, not Kishimoto (I thought of that when I saw the color of the pic) *Have this pic as a wallpaper* biggrin.gif But maybe that artwork is the preview for the third part of the series (it may happen) ...

Anyways, good job on the story, ciardha :thumbs: biggrin.gif

It's signed by Kishimoto, so it's definitely his work, and appeared in the first databook. It was done before he even started publishing part 2 of the manga. (Quite likely while he was working out what he wanted to do in that part of the story though.) Sasuke's look is interesting too and sparked the way I've written him in the story. He looks almost like he's Sakura and Naruto's bodyguard with his stance and look.

#48 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

Eiro... right, I thought I had his name wrong. Apoligies.

#49 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 19 2007, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eiro... right, I thought I had his name wrong. Apoligies.

No problem smile.gif

#50 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:36 AM

I've read ur fic. It's great. Can't wait for updates and stuff. I have a question tough. How do u get ur fic posted or watever. I like, submitted my fic and all. but i don't kno how to have it in the fic lists or watever. PM directions for me will u plz? i want to have my fics read. and how do u add on chapters???

LOVE IS WAR,

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (NaruIno4ever @ Mar 20 2007, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read ur fic. It's great. Can't wait for updates and stuff. I have a question tough. How do u get ur fic posted or watever. I like, submitted my fic and all. but i don't kno how to have it in the fic lists or watever. PM directions for me will u plz? i want to have my fics read. and how do u add on chapters???

Thanks smile.gif I post my Rain or Shine chapters (other than the drabble challenges that I relate to that story) on my live journal and on fanfiction net and put links to them here when I finish a new chapter. smile.gif

If you are asking how to put a link to your stories on Heaven and Earth you create a new topic in the Fiction Press folder and tell people that you've written a Narusaku fanfic and post the link to it in your topic post.

#52 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hey ciardha, how is chapter 7 going? are you almost done with it?

I hope you update soon

#53 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Apr 15 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey ciardha, how is chapter 7 going? are you almost done with it?

I hope you update soon

Thanks smile.gif Hopefully I'll finish the first draft tonight. smile.gif

Heh, the side stories about the other pairings you'll see in this chapter are begging to be written too. I'm planning a one shot side chapter for them, dealing with the things that happened because of that night. smile.gif

#54 Fayz

Fayz

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

It's been a while since i posted here huh.gif , and i've read your fiction quite a time ago and it was pretty excellent biggrin.gif , but i guess my stupid laziness made me forgot to post about it dry.gif , good job and i hope you update soon wink.gif .

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Fayz @ Apr 15 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been a while since i posted here huh.gif , and i've read your fiction quite a time ago and it was pretty excellent biggrin.gif , but i guess my stupid laziness made me forgot to post about it dry.gif , good job and i hope you update soon wink.gif .

Chapter 7 up (unbetaed version) on my live journal now. smile.gif

http://ciardhapagan.livejournal.com/

#56 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for updating. It's been a while, I'll have to re read some previous chapters

Wow, so many engagements, the only one missing was Sai and Sasuke, but I'm not sure if gay marriage is allowed in Konoha.

The chapter was pretty good. This is the end of the wedding arc so are you going back to when Naruto and Sakura just got together or are you gonna continue with the events after the wedding?

#57 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (murdoc @ May 20 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, so many engagements, the only one missing was Sai and Sasuke, but I'm not sure if gay marriage is allowed in Konoha.

LOL. Kishimoto doesn't appear to have any predjudice against gay couples, so I wouldn't see why not, if they were so inclined. But it's still fairly early on in Sasuke and Sai's relationship even if they were inclined that way. Sasuke's just gotten to the point where he's recognized that they have a relationship. Thus Sakura's wondering if Sasuke and Sai were in love during this arc. Naruto's accepted that Sasuke is gay now, but would rather not think about him in that context, because it worries him that Sasuke might have those kind of feelings for him. Naruto would rather think of any feelings Sasuke has toward him as brotherly not romantic. Sasuke understands this, and unlike Sai who still occasionally flirts to tease Naruto into getting annoyed. Naruto has learned not to fly off the handle with anger when Sai does this but he does express irritation rather clearly. (Which Sai finds entertaining.)

As for what's next, I'm going to see what direction I'm pulled to next and go for that. I'm not getting a strong pull in any direction right now, but I'll finally get around to finishing the A-Z prompts. Likely there will be more Rain of Shine short pieces in that.

#58 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

Chapters 1-5 are now up in betaread format Both on my Live Journal and Fanfiction Net. Some of the chapters also have some additions to the scenes from the first draft (chapters 2 and 4) smile.gif

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3382150/1/

Also on my live journal the "Rain or Shine" side story is up in unbetaed draft form. It's titled "All Roads Lead to You" It does have a NaruSaku scene it, but the main focus is some of the other couples that were in the wedding arc. It's M rated, for mild but overt sexual themes. biggrin.gif (roughly on the level of a standard R rated movie)

http://ciardhapagan....com/220763.html

#59 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

it. was. AWESOME!!! a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif i love it! =D

#60 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (MonkeysTotallyRock @ Jun 22 2007, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it. was. AWESOME!!! a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif i love it! =D

Thanks! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users