• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:37 PM

I just saw some leak spoilers of the newest manga chapter of the dragon ball super manga, and I think it just threw any credibility to the manga out the window. how the flip is master roshi dodging jiren's attacks and basically pulling an ultra instinct goku?

dragon ball super anime is officially the more credible version of super now I guess.

also instead of taking a spirit bomb and almost dying and breaking his limits, he just watches jiren fight and bam ultra instinct omen out of nowhere, WTF....

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#222 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:39 PM

I honestly liked bits and piece from both the manga, and the anime. So I never really cared about the arguments over which is better. Have to read it to see if the roshi thing is as bad as people fear or not.

#223 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

I honestly liked bits and piece from both the manga, and the anime. So I never really cared about the arguments over which is better. Have to read it to see if the roshi thing is as bad as people fear or not.

same here, but the manga always did change stuff in the weirdest ways, this roshi fight definitely takes the cake though. I don't know if the translation for this chapter is finished yet or not.

#224 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

same here, but the manga always did change stuff in the weirdest ways, this roshi fight definitely takes the cake though. I don't know if the translation for this chapter is finished yet or not.

I guess they wanted to give him a cool battle like in the anime. Like against that chicken guy. Thing is there he was a youngster while strong lacked the experience to defeat roshi; until he transformed of course. Not the final boss of the arc, and the most powerful moral that powers surpass the god of destruction.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 August 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#225 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:23 AM

I guess they wanted to give him a cool battle like in the anime. Like against that chicken guy. Thing is there he was a youngster while strong lacked the experience to defeat roshi until he transformed of course. Not the final boss of the arc, and the most powerful moral that powers surpass the god of destruction.

lol this video pretty much sums it up lol

#226 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

OK finally got a translation of that chapter. So, Gohan in the manga still has "his full potential unleashed isn't a transformation," bit. Oh wait he decided to fight as a human? People ponder this revelation that a human could train hard enough to be equal to a sayjin His and Kefla fight was a draw.

Goku while fighting Jiren tries to overcome "the wall" with pure power using the concept of behind kaio-ken; pushing one body to the limit for a temporary power boost. Everyone thinks this is a bad idea since this will damage his body.

Ok Roshi on to. So he fought Kaseral the cyborg guy, and was able to beat him despite his low power level.

...Ok I see what going on this is all about trying to restore the martial artist mastery of oneself to the story. Goku has been focused too much off power, and has pretty much become a brawler that relies on power & transformations at this point. This chapter is try to revive the importance of skill, and human are just as capable fighters as saiya-jins. 

Roshi hadn't gone ultra instincts he just mastered his body which is a similar principle but not the same; according to Whis. However, that talk is what made Goku be able to achieve Ultra instincts by reminding him of his past mentors teaching. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 April 2019 - 05:06 AM.

#227 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:56 PM

Oh in the manga Vegeta gives up on Ultra instinct because it isn't his style.

Jiren get angry at two things this chapter. Toppo and Dyspo needing his help to the point he lets them fall off the platform, and 17 self destructing.

#228 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

Oh in the manga Vegeta gives up on Ultra instinct because it isn't his style.

Jiren get angry at two things this chapter. Toppo and Dyspo needing his help to the point he lets them fall off the platform, and 17 self destructing.

I'm okay with that plus I doubt Goku will ever have it at his disposal at will. 

#229 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

I'm just gonna say it...that Broly movie was awesome.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#230 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:30 AM

I got to say if this is how Dragonball Super ends with Broly, and nothing more I'd say it 's a great way to cap off the series. 

Btw, does anyone know if ending of Z is completely retconned? or does it still happen?

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#231 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

I just want to say for the record that this is why I cannot take Dragonball as a serious manga/anime. Not saying it is bad, I am just saying that series is more about flair than logic. They pick a message and try to show that message by any means necessary regardless if the plot makes sense.

Even if Roshi was able to put up a fight with Jiren, it doesn't make sense why he didn't help with any other problem that occurred in the series.

Like I said Michael Bat of anime. Sit back, relax, enjoy the pretty fights and awesome explosions, but don't take it seriously. The powers flux too much to distinguish anything that can be concrete. One minute Goku could wipe out galaxies, the next he fails to lift a mountain or take out someone who is supposed to be weaker than him.

The series is about having fun. Core of character

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#232 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

Bra was just born so no. Anyways it more likely since the manga is still going they're going to restart it since they stopped it due to the death of Bulma's voice actress. Now enough time has passed and they got a new one.

Good New! Broly made about 10 mil (9,794,742) opening weekend. It has already earned ten times more from just the weekend then Boruto did in the states (919,000.)

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 January 2019 - 03:16 AM.

#233 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

It's crazy to think just how amazingly awesome Broly is, and I'm really looking forward to getting it on Bluray.  That being said I got this as a reccomendation on Youtube, and it is legit.  

For those of you who missed the chance of seeing it in theaters. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#234 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

Turns out majin buu does indeed have the memories of the Grand Supreme Kai.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 July 2022 - 10:48 AM.

#235 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:03 AM

I'm told that Chris Ayres, the English voice actor for Freeza has died.

#236 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 04:07 PM

I'm told that Chris Ayres, the English voice actor for Freeza has died.

He had cancer for awhile that's why he had to stop voicing Freeza at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users