25 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

As expected, a recent article in saiyanisland.com confirmed from some news that Naruto isnt going to end in 2014.

Though the story is at its final phase, the phase is long and in truth, naruto getting 47 chapters a year, it would be hard to finish everything spread out unless the chapters themselves were longer.

So in truth, we may see Naruto run until at least mid 2015.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#2 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I figured it seemed like Naruto wouldn't end next year cause it feels to soon right now.

#3 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yeah, I think too that it will end till mid 2015 or between mid and end 2015.

#4 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Of course not. What with the numerous questions still lingering in the Naruto universe like the fate of Kabuto, the Edo Hokages, Madara, Orochimaru, the issue of the Hokageship, Taka, and others. There's still the mystery of how Madara managed to survive being impaled through the heart and left to decompose in a torrential chasm face first in water. Also, Kishi needs to elaborate on the origins of Hashirama's Mokuton and Sage Mode. It's just a few of the many details that need to have some light shed on them. 

Edited by Atheck, 30 December 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

How can Kishi know when it is going to end when he doesn't know how to get there anyway.. :shrug:

ナルサク

#6 FreakySandra1995

FreakySandra1995

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

As expected, a recent article in saiyanisland.com confirmed from some news that Naruto isnt going to end in 2014.

Though the story is at its final phase, the phase is long and in truth, naruto getting 47 chapters a year, it would be hard to finish everything spread out unless the chapters themselves were longer.

So in truth, we may see Naruto run until at least mid 2015.

*sigh* Can't Kishimoto stick at least to something he said? For me this sound like bad news :/ I just want this war/manga to end...

I am reading this for almost 10 years. So I won't stop it now. Still, that's just annoying :/

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

tumblr_n4c1f8AT2C1tswvyoo3_500.gif

Iki Hiyori

May our fates intertwine!

#7 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

How can Kishi know when it is going to end when he doesn't know how to get there anyway.. :shrug:

Beats me. Just watch, it's going to be postponed again to end in 2016.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#8 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

I kinda saw this coming mainly because 2014 is next year, and for Naruto to end completely that would mean Kishi would have to rush alot of things in order to finish it up. So seeing how the manga's been going, and because there's still Orochimaru and Sasuke, who without a doubt will be the central focus of villains, for the next arc. 

This is what I expect from next year: 

• End of Fourth Great Ninja War Arc
  • Madara's defeat
  • Edo Hokages Disappear
  • Team Taka Betrayal After war
  • Naruto's Birthday
  •  Next Arc focus more around Team 7 and Team Taka 
  • Sakura getting together with Naruto
  • Naruto vs Sasuke (a stretch, but maybe next year could end with the begining of their fight maybe)

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

I kinda saw this coming mainly because 2014 is next year, and for Naruto to end completely that would mean Kishi would have to rush alot of things in order to finish it up. So seeing how the manga's been going, and because there's still Orochimaru and Sasuke, who without a doubt will be the central focus of villains, for the next arc. 

This is what I expect from next year: 

• End of Fourth Great Ninja War Arc
  • Madara's defeat
  • Edo Hokages Disappear
  • Team Taka Betrayal After war
  • Naruto's Birthday
  •  Next Arc focus more around Team 7 and Team Taka 
  • Sakura getting together with Naruto
  • Naruto vs Sasuke (a stretch, but maybe next year could end with the begining of their fight maybe)

Yes, but this point seems to have freezed. :sad: I too believe Madara's defeat is the next point, but it's standing still because Kishi doesn't know how to get there. I'm worried that we won't get anywhere before that, and Kishi's buying time by writing chapters that goes nowhere. Maybe he came up with something during the three weeks break?

Edited by sushi., 25 December 2013 - 01:05 AM.

ナルサク

#10 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

I actually always thought that he would end the series at around ~750 chapters.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Considering the fact that this current war ark has been going on for way over 100 chapters (AND IT'S STILL NOT OVER), I wouldn't be surprised if the story ends in 2015 or 2016.

Edited by Nostradamus, 25 December 2013 - 12:50 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#12 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yes, but this point seems to have freezed. :sad: I too believe Madara's defeat is the next point, but it's standing still because Kishi doesn't know how to get there. I'm worried that we won't get anywhere before that, and Kishi's buying time by writing chapters that goes nowhere. Maybe he came up with something during the three weaks break?

That does seem like a strong possibility, if anything I think the 3 week break is what Kishi needs to decide everything. I mean he could potentially have Madara's defeat take place in this place (not 100% sure), but we shall see. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 25 December 2013 - 01:00 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#13 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sigh, I admit I'm on the verge of quitting the manga. Kishi just doen't know when to quit.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#14 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's going past 2014!?

How long is this going to go on for? The pacing right now makes me think that the Madara fight alone could go on until May.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#15 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

In addition to the "biggies" of the resolution of the Madara fight and the Sasuke conflict, there are some narrative hints as to things that have yet to happen before the manga ends.  The "Sakura is a genjutsu-type" proclamation by Kakashi needs to pay off at some point; something (unless Kishi completely forgot this storyline, which I find unlikely) is going on with the five Daimyo in their guarded safehouse; Orochimaru's return to life has to be significant, somehow, and not just because he "rescued" the current-gen kage; etc.

Lots of loose threads to tie together, still.  Eastern methods of storytelling don't require that all open threads be tied up (the Naruto-Sakura-Sasuke triangle could end unresolved, potentially), but I think all three I mentioned above need further development, even by Eastern standards.  And there's the war itself to finish.

I know some people are getting anxious for the story to end, but I can see why it might take more than a year to finish it all.

(I think most of you who are asking for the manga to "end" don't really want it to end, anyway -- you want it to move forward.  It has been moving very slowly)

Edited by desaix, 25 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

In addition to the "biggies" of the resolution of the Madara fight and the Sasuke conflict, there are some narrative hints as to things that have yet to happen before the manga ends.  The "Sakura is a genjutsu-type" proclamation by Kakashi needs to pay off at some point; something (unless Kishi completely forgot this storyline, which I find unlikely) is going on with the five Daimyo in their guarded safehouse; Orochimaru's return to life has to be significant, somehow, and not just because he "rescued" the current-gen kage; etc.

Lots of loose threads to tie together, still.  Eastern methods of storytelling don't require that all open threads be tied up (the Naruto-Sakura-Sasuke triangle could end unresolved, potentially), but I think all three I mentioned above need further development, even by Eastern standards.  And there's the war itself to finish.

I know some people are getting anxious for the story to end, but I can see why it might take more than a year to finish it all.

(I think most of you who are asking for the manga to "end" don't really want it to end, anyway -- you want it to move forward.  It has been moving very slowly)

The bolded right there. It's not so much that I want the manga to end, I just want progress already, this arc has been way too long and is moving at what I can only describe as a snail's pace. There is no momentum in the story or the battle going on right now, it's more or less at a standstill.

#17 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I actually always thought that he would end the series at around ~750 chapters.

I'm waiting what he's saving for 666 since that is the manga of his brother.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#18 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Well face it, even in the big progress of obito going down and now kurama ripped from naruto, the fight with Madara is different than obito. Obviously the other factors like leaving orochimaru around and Yamato needing to come back later after the war, 1 more year isn't enough to wrap this all up. I mean it was an interview, maybe he does know how Madara will be beaten he won't spoil anything I mean going back in what he said about 469, he couldn't just say sakura likes naruto now, I mean he did clear it up from how fans thought sakura was manipulating him or just outright lying, now we got 631 and 635, both hints for ns and her not trusting Sasuke.

In the case or timeframes though, naruto gets between 42 and 47 or 48 chapters a year. This year we got a solid 45 where in 2011 it was cut down a bit due to the Japanese quakes at the time. Looking at this, if we really wanted a solid timeframe for everything to end, to finish everything, the Madara fight at least would need 4 to 5 months or 16 to 20 chapters on its own to get anywhere and be done, like the obito fight was. Following madaras defeat, everything else and a solid timeframe for the final battle between naruto and Sasuke, it would need essentially about the same time, maybe more due to the finale needed to display along with an emphasis on the past and future from that point in that battle, yes flashbacks would be inserted in that final battle.

I said before, I can see naruto going no less than 720 chapters but for everything to be resolved, Kishi would need at least 2 years or 90 chapters give or take to finish it all, being at chapter 660 right now, 2 more years is what I can see, all story elements could be wrapped and tied up between 75 to 90 chapters, naruto could end with all things resolved between 720 to 750 chapters, given if next year we get around chapter 705 about. It really all depends on how much is paced out and what comes up and the sudden twists,I mean as we see events, other things can happen extending or cutting down the time immensely.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

I don't mind actually I look forward to it. Only that it is taking too damn long with this arc. then there's the fact that he has to keep to  his word about making Sasuke surpass Madara. then there is the fact that Naruto is supposed to surpass Madara too. would that be with or without Kurama's chakra though? Seems implausible but hey if Sasuke is supposed to surpass Madara on his own merit I don't see why Kishi can't do the same for Naruto.

Sigh, I admit I'm on the verge of quitting the manga. Kishi just doen't know when to quit.

*Shrugs* I don't think that way at all, so I can't say what's keeping you reading now if you hardly liked the story during this year or so.

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 January 2014 - 02:05 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Kishi...im totally understand in what situation you are in right now, totally aware of it..but, one last wish from your lovely fans before ended this manga completely..idk..when...maybe next year or at the end of this year...give More sakura DEVELOPMENT..in term of battlefight..u should give her chance right now...and also about the three legendary training spot for sage mode, especially slug forest...that the thing that need to be cleared long time ago...wanna see it to be happen this year,seriously This year!..dont get me wrong,cause I think kishi had a better plan for sakura..I just see it coming..or maybe brought up mito flashback once more..
2ivn2tv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users