KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:10 AM

Chapter 511 is out a MangaStream.

Well, that was a rather pointless death. She didn't even get any information off to Konoha.

#2 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

ooooohhhh Konan and Yahiko had a thang goin' on bow chika wow wow! (I'm sorry i'll never do that again). It was a nice chapter...but what was up with those frog suits? They were so distracting.

#3 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Preliminary thoughts --Click here to view--
Bizarro frog costumes aside, this was a sweet chapter--the Yahiko/Konan bit and the "everyone's home" ending especially.

But, uh....gotta say, Madara's new look raises some eyebrows. Both arms in tact? Cloak and waist-thinger that resembles what Yahiko/Konan/Nagato wore before their Akatsuki outfits? A mask with not one, but two peep-holes? Oh the questions.

.....that last bit about the eye-holes is only slightly serious. mostly joking. .....mostly.

Do agree, though, that it's a bummer Konan's death is so far a useless one. At least now we know the plot's focus will swing back onto Naruto next time?

#4 TwinEnigma

TwinEnigma

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Justice. Win. Credit where credit is due. Art. Lots of it.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Oh Jiraiya, your training methods never fail to amuse and horrify. heheelq7.png

As to Madara --Click here to view--
just... no.

Although, my suspicion that Orochimaru and his whole bodysnatching routine were foreshadowing the real villain's plot is increasingly justified.

That or instrumentality.

Edited by TwinEnigma, 23 September 2010 - 07:18 AM.

TwinEnigma's Deviantart - No reposting any of TwinEnigma's art without express permission.

#5 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

I found the frog suits funny tbh xD but I find it sad to see Konan die this way sad.gif.

Do you guys think that Madara has implanted the rinnegan into himself already since Kabuto says he got nice eyes in return?
And I wonder what exact info the scroll that Kisame send has. Is it just the info about Amekagure's army or also about Naruto having completed his seal.

#6 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Sep 23 2010, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found the frog suits funny tbh xD but I find it sad to see Konan die this way sad.gif.

Do you guys think that Madara has implanted the rinnegan into himself already since Kabuto says he got nice eyes in return?
And I wonder what exact info the scroll that Kisame send has. Is it just the info about Amekagure's army or also about Naruto having completed his seal.

He must have implanted them. Look at his mask. It has the sharingan's pins for it's eye holes, and the design is now the Rinnegan's concentric rings. His mask now resembles the Sage of Six Paths eyes.

#7 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Sep 23 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He must have implanted them. Look at his mask. It has the sharingan's pins for it's eye holes, and the design is now the Rinnegan's concentric rings. His mask now resembles the Sage of Six Paths eyes.

Hmmm so Madara doesn't need time to sync with the eyes like Sasuke with his brothers ones thats sort of weird =/

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

I wouldn't be too sure if Konan didn't left a message to Konoha or at least to Naruto just in case things woudn't got her way and she may actually die, I'm sure she thought ahead and made some secret message for him. Madara is finally making his move in capturing Naruto (although I was hoping it will be Sasuke the one to try and capture him).

The chapter was sad in general but I am interested in next week Kishi is going to release a one shot called "bench" which is the reason why there won't be no Naruto next week, the only thing that comes to my mind is the bench scene from ch 3 I am very curious to what he has in mind. Is he planning in making Naruto be the one to compliment Sakura's forehead without him transforming into Sasuke (obviously there won't be nothing romantic about it) but I'm guessing that he wants us to see Sakura's reaction if Naruto would have been the one to tell her those words (I have a feeling I already know her reaction).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 23 2010, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't be too sure if Konan didn't left a message to Konoha or at least to Naruto just in case things woudn't got her way and she may actually die, I'm sure she thought ahead and made some secret message for him. Madara is finally making his move in capturing Naruto (although I was hoping it will be Sasuke the one to try and capture him).

The chapter was sad in general but I am interested in next week Kishi is going to release a one shot called "bench" which is the reason why there won't be no Naruto next week, the only thing that comes to my mind is the bench scene from ch 3 I am very curious to what he has in mind. Is he planning in making Naruto be the one to compliment Sakura's forehead without him transforming into Sasuke (obviously there won't be nothing romantic about it) but I'm guessing that he wants us to see Sakura's reaction if Naruto would have been the one to tell her those words (I have a feeling I already know her reaction).

Actually, it sounds like this "Bench" is going to be something completely unrelated to Naruto.

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

It's a baseball manga actually. Meanwhile, I think I understand how the Ame trio's relationship worked.

Yahiko liked Konan and vice versa. But the thing is, I bet he thinks Nagato also likes Konan too. So, he decided to back off for Nagato when in reality, Nagato knows Yahiko likes her and isn't exactly THAT interested in Konan and wishes them to be together. Thus, drawing another lil' parallel to Team 7. Except that Naruto clearly loves Sakura but is willing to give it up for her happiness.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

Wow.. Madara looks wicked! ...in a good and bad way! happy.gif

also...
came to mind laugh.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Sep 23 2010, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.. Madara looks wicked! ...in a good and bad way! happy.gif

also...
came to mind laugh.gif

laugh.gif 111189.gif I know looks like Kishi likes Mario Bros. 3 and so does Jiraiya and the Ame orhans (I really like the game too).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Konan's ending shamefulcry0js.gif but her flashback was a pleasant memory. happy.gif Hmm i still think Madara is being overconfident, Rikudous body is superior. pimp.png

#14 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Sep 23 2010, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a baseball manga actually.

bleh, and here I was all intrigued.

#15 TwinEnigma

TwinEnigma

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

It's a baseball manga actually.

I might be interested.

...if it were baseball with ninjas and dinosaurs on the moon. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
TwinEnigma's Deviantart - No reposting any of TwinEnigma's art without express permission.

#16 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

I want to see someone cosplay as Jiraya in the frog suit. He looked even more like a pervert! tongue.gif

The scene with Konan and Yahiko was touching. I always thought that those two were the ones who were in a relationship because of the way Yahiko didn't hesitate to sacrifice himself to save her. There was a certain spark between them that I didn't really see with Nagato and Konan. So sad that they had to all die young.

If I were Konan and I wanted to majorly screw over Madara, I would have transplanted Nagato's original eyes into's Yahiko's Pein body and vice-a-versa. But I'm not Konan and I don't know if she would have had the foresight to do that or even if she did do that, it would have mattered to Madara.

End of line.

#17 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Poetic ending. Konan, we barely knew ye.

I was so surprised that the tomb wasn't booby trapped. Bummed, actually. I was waiting for her final act, her sticking it to Madara after her death. Makes her storyline that much more tragic. In the end, I guess her death was pointless. But it was good to have some happy memories to lighten the chapter. And we are not to feel too bad about it because she is going home now. (Cue the angels and paper roses.)

Their team is like the bizarro Team 7. It's what the group would be like if Sasuke wasn't emotionally stunted, then abandoned the group. I think they'd have been pretty happy and wildly powerful together.

Jiraiya is so damn funny. Yahiko is so much like Naruto. It must have been bittersweet training his student's son who looks so acts so much like another one of his students.

And it was so REFRESHING to see a happy relationship. I am so glad it wasn't another love triangle, or one-sided thing, or never-to-be actualized thing, or partner-was-killed-off thing. At this point, the only functional surviving relationship we've seen in this manga is between Shikamaru's parents. And I use the term 'functional' loosely. So it's nice to see two characters share a loving moment, and have another character understanding what's happening, truly, and be pleased about it. (This is different from the Hinata looking on Sakura's hug, because that could be seen as a friend thing. A stretch, but yeah. I get the feeling Nagato orchestrated it, stayed outside to give them some alone time, whereas Hinata was stepping aside.)

Credit goes to whoever's mentioned the half-lidded eyes in reference to Sakura on the bar stool (Ciardha and catsi come to mind, but I know others have as well). I noticed the demure/come-hither eyes before anything else in the Konan-Yahiko prelude to a kiss, and instantly thought of Sakura's look from the bar stool. The half-lidded exp​ression, which I wasn't fully on-board with until now, is definitely an intentional thing.

Newkerz, I like your idea that is was a love triangle of sorts that was happily resolved.

Graven, I bet one of those pieces of paper flutters down to Naruto. Like Tsunade seeing Jiraiya's reflection in the pool.

Bench? Really? Why doesn't he just call the damn thing "Team 7" - then say that it's not related to the manga he's just spent 10 years developing. Of all the baseball terms to choose from.... Meh. I read one of the other mangas he started recently. The one about kids with stickers that embued extra power to whatever they were stuck on. It just seemed like a marketing vehicle to me.

But I guess he's thinking ahead. Trying to pick up readers for new projects before the end of Naruto?

edit for spoiler tags

Edited by tricksie, 23 September 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

my thoughts. --Click here to view--
I have to say this chapter was a nice slow end. It was a nice "end to a beginning" story. We see Konan and we see how she and Yahiko had a relationship together, but thanks to circumstance didn't happen. I have to admit, it made me smile seeing that one panel as Yahiko and Konan got close. Whether it reminded me of NaruSaku or not I cannot say for sure, but it did make me smile.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Sep 23 2010, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have just assumed he implanted them from Kabuto's commenting about finding some nice eyes.

And I don't see what all the complaining about her death being meaningless about is... gives it a more realistic sense to me if not every death has meaning.

#20 TwinEnigma

TwinEnigma

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Sep 23 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bench? Really? Why doesn't he just call the damn thing "Team 7" - then say that it's not related to the manga he's just spent 10 years developing. Of all the baseball terms to choose from.... Meh. I read one of the other mangas he started recently. The one about kids with stickers that embued extra power to whatever they were stuck on. It just seemed like a marketing vehicle to me.

But I guess he's thinking ahead. Trying to pick up readers for new projects before the end of Naruto?

edit for spoiler tags

The one with stickers (Blazer Drive) is his brother's newer manga.

I agree on the other points though. I would have loved to see those flowers blow up in Madara's face.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users