#41 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Feb 14 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mangareader is pretty up to date with their Naruto.

Mangareader uses Mangastream; they don't translate and scan the chapters themselves. Go on there and look at the new chapters; they have the Mangastream watermark.

#42 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

It would make sense if Mangasteam purchased the license to scan and translate, then charged everyone a fee. Then you'd only have to pay 5-10$ a month, get updated Naruto and Viz will be happy since Mangastream (Or likewise scanlator website) would have properly purchased a license to distribute. Obviously not everyone can afford that, but hey, its better then nothing.

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#43 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 14 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mangareader uses Mangastream; they don't translate and scan the chapters themselves. Go on there and look at the new chapters; they have the Mangastream watermark.

Mangareader's gone too, then?
....Well, crap. What other sites are there that don't rely on Mangastream?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#44 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 15 2012, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure both translations are different. I've read both of them before sometimes and the translations are different.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#45 Minori

Minori

しし {shishi}

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

The main reason why I'll miss mangastream's scanlations is because of their quality...

#46 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 14 2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No... Mangareader uses the raw that mangastream has. They can easily use someone else's raw scans. They do so most of the time.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#47 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Feb 14 2012, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No... Mangareader uses the raw that mangastream has. They can easily use someone else's raw scans. They do so most of the time.

oops, my mistake. I saw the watermark and assumed it was the same translation

#48 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

I can understand why Viz did this, afterall, their new Viz Alpha service should mean the manga will be available online for subscribers same week as the officially Japanese release, This puts Mangastream as direct competitor, with the added advantage of them being free and releasing a week early.

It's a shame the service is only available in the US, as I would subscribe it that was the case. I think Mangareader knowing this started their ownh service just weeks before MS were told to stop their translations...but is a shame about Mangastream, with two scanalation groups once again doing the translations, it meant we got a much clearer picture of what was being said.

One things pretty certain like Horriblesubs do with Cruncyroll, I fully expect to see a Vizrip group popping up soon enough.

iAnby7W.gif

#49 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

That piracy article is bang-on. My biggest issue is that, being from the oh-so foreign country of Canada, I get blocked at ever turn from the legal guys. News flash, US companies, most of Canadian entertainment is not Canadian... It's from YOU. There is great demand up here, but the silliness that is these licensing issues, is that me being in Canada, I can't watch something on the INTERNET. The internet. Consumers don't like that. I have no sympathy for companies because their business has been stupid, and if you're a true capatalist, you know the market dictates all. We want, you provide, or say bye-bye. Now, I'm not a capatalist. I know why there are these laws in place, and I sure as hell don't want the economy unchecked and at the whims of both greedy corporate big-shots and greedy, self-indulgent consumers. So on that hand, sure, getting something for free is wrong. I like Funimation and I've bought a few of their series. I don't like that now, because I'm Canadian, they can have my money but I can't enjoy the perks such as being able to watch the same episodes legally on their site as a US citizen can.

Why? Whatever douche decided to implement whatever law that LIMITS the market and supplier-consumer relationship, have only turned people to shrug their shoulders and go to the pirates. There is a fundamental about law that if the law doesn't make sense, or is too limiting, the public won't comply. This is the reason why bans against greater social ills, smoking, drinking, now getting high, have been so contested. That's reality. People are at the majority, selfish. We like our instant gratification, we balk at the idea that perks we have enjoyed are now dwindling. It's why there are law-breakers in the world, but at least most people feel some moral obligation, and I mean the well-adjusted people in the world, not to do something that will harm another person. Why smoke outside? Because nasty second-hand smoke is harmful to others, you addict (my parents are smokes, ugh).

Why do I try to support the companies? I want them to keep their job. However, with issues of piracy, they HAVE to pander to their customers. I like to think that I try to do what I can, but their product is virtual. I can't go physically copy-paste a book, but now we can through the internet. Things are changing, and they can't rely on honest people to put up with their policies and pay. If you provide better service, for your virtual, therefore inexhaustible supply, you can tempt people back to you. A lot of people simply don't have sympathy for the company and their struggles when they haven't taken advantage of what they need to because numbers and figures have stopped them. I was pretty pissed off when I couldn't watch Funimation anymore. I pay them money, and I have to pay more than the US citizen because my tax is higher, plus with shipping and all that jazz. I want what the other person gets, k thanks. No? Okay, well, looks I won't be visiting your site. This guy provides it for me for free? Well, since you didn't, and I pay you for your products...

They can do better. I have the money, and I'm willing, but I'm not pleased with the services so my sympathy starts to ebb away. How can a small group provide translations every week but they can't? Whatever the excuse, it's not a good one. =| I liked what Viz did, too... IF ONLY THEY ALLOWED ME TO SEE THEIR EPISODES FROM CANADA. >.< -shakes fist-

Naw, I'm too annoyed with them to care. They should know their market better.

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Anyone tried mangahere.com?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

omg at this rate it will get to the point that the only way we'll be up to date with Naruto is through people telling us spoilers and uploading crappy, untranslated pictures. smack.gif a_smashy.gif wallbash.gif argh1.png How long you wanna bet 'till mangareader has the same issue?

#52 Naruhina488

Naruhina488

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 21 2012, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg at this rate it will get to the point that the only way we'll be up to date with Naruto is through people telling us spoilers and uploading crappy, untranslated pictures. smack.gif a_smashy.gif wallbash.gif argh1.png How long you wanna bet 'till mangareader has the same issue?

My geuss would be in a span of 2-4 weeks.

You know.... You can't shut something down completley. There will always be people in the shadows yes.gif

#53 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

We're running out of resources........looks like its gonna be Shonen Alpha subscriptions for everyone

#54 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Feb 14 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, regarding the "I can not wait two whole weeks to read the newest chapter!" complain, I don't get the fuss. I do not want starting a "Back on my day" lecture, but when I grew up you had to wait weeks or even months to read the next chapter of your favorite comic-book. And almost fifteen years ago you could not find scanlators scanning, translating and uploading your favorite series weekly, so I am used to wait.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. I hope nobody got bored or offended.

15 years ago would take me back to when Ayashi no Ceres was being fan translated. No scanalations in 1997. What we had then was on the old yahoo fan forums. Someone, usually in California, would go to their local Japanese grocery once a month, buy the magazine, read the chapter and post a fan translation. No pictures, unless there was a color illustration with the chapter, that might get scanned by the person and added to the forum's picture files. There had just sprung up around that time the earliest scanning groups who would take more classic manga scan in the pages in the original Japanese and provide a fan translation to go along with it, but to even get that you had to go to IRC and know someone in that group for them to send you the file....

Anime fansubs were bought for the price of the VHS tape and shipping- yes a VHS tape sent via snail mail-and was just at that point (in 1997), thanks to Japanese laser disks that the picture quality was decent and subtitles readable. Someone bilingual who lived in Japan would would buy it, then send it to someone bilingual in the US and a group would do the fansubs. Just a couple of years earlier they were usually poor quality images and the subtitles barely legible.

20 years ago (1992) most westerners access to relatively current manga were people's posts who again, had a nearby Japanese grocery that happened to carry a manga magazine or two- usually a month late from it's release in Japan. They would write out a summary that you supposed was accurate. That's how I remember following what was going on in the Ranma 1/2 manga, since Viz was so painfully slow putting out the chapters- back then it was published by them in a format like western comic books, with only two chapters in an issue and published once a month.... Fansubs of anime had just started to become common at that time- horridly fuzzy images and barely legible subtitles. Except for one company (Central Park Media- I think- was the only one who offered, at a higher price, a separate version with subtitles in the early 90's. Viz wouldn't start offering the same until around 1997) doing official anime VHS releases they were available in English dub only.

Oh, apparently this action by Viz, etc... has been in motion for around 2 years- here's a link to a Publisher's Weekly article from June 2010. Apparently, they have plans to go after 30 different scanalator sites

http://www.publisher...canlations.html

Toei is also going hardcore after people who download any of their anime series (not just the fansubbers, but people who just download for personal use) especially One Piece.... with lawsuits like RIAA did to people who downloaded music. Be careful folks... Toei is the first, expect other companies to follow.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#55 Naruhina488

Naruhina488

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

What has the internet become..... shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Naruhina488, 21 February 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#56 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Feb 21 2012, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're running out of resources........looks like its gonna be Shonen Alpha subscriptions for everyone

Unfortunitely the service is not available in all countries, so not really a solution for everyone at the moment.

QUOTE (Naruhina488 @ Feb 21 2012, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What has the internet become..... shamefulcry0js.gif

Scared of the US Feds hauling their arses to an American Prison....No matter what Naruto might think but Orange does not go with everything.

iAnby7W.gif

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

They're BAAAAAACK!!!! cool.gif

Glad that they've found a loophole in all this!! I bow to their greatness!!

Edited by Codus N, 15 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#58 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I love this part the most in the tweet.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#59 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Apr 15 2012, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love this part the most in the tweet.

Bulgaria to the rescue! I knew they would play an important role, I just knew it. ohboy.png

Edited by redragon88, 15 April 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#60 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

LOL In Bulgaria we trust, do you think that would stand up in the court of law?

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users