64 replies to this topic

#1 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Ubisoft has announced it, bringing the last chapter in Ezio's trilogy.

http://www.neoseeker...-ezios-trilogy/

From what the picture says...it looks like a very very old Ezio.

Edited by Strangelove, 05 May 2011 - 09:58 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

He looks as if he's in his late 40's, early 50's. In Brotherhood, I'd say he was in his late 30s.

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

He was actually almost 40 near the end of Brotherhood. Considering the life expectancy back then, it's impressive he's gotten this old and still climbing buildings.

#4 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 5 2011, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was actually almost 40 near the end of Brotherhood. Considering the life expectancy back then, it's impressive he's gotten this old and still climbing buildings.

Maybe he works out.

#5 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I want a modern day AC.

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ May 5 2011, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he works out.

Obviously. Your sarcasm is indeed as sharp as a rapier.

Anyway, hopefully this installation might also show who either Claudia or Ezio hook up with to continue the Assassin bloodline that eventually reaches to Desmond.

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 5 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously. Your sarcasm is indeed as sharp as a rapier.

I thank you for the compliment.

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ May 5 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was actually hoping for a 3rd installment somewhere in the 1700's or 1800's, then modern day.

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

I actually also want an modern day assassins creed, but when we think modern, we think guns, and for some reason many assassins creed fans don't like the idea of an instalment that brings fire weapons, personally, I woudn't mind, depending the way is played out. But my main issue is how Desmond is just kept on hidding when there is a lot of action waiting for him, after all, what is the sense to teach assassins skills to Desmond if he doesn't use it? I'm really hoping that Assassins creed 3 is solely based on Desmond.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ May 6 2011, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mhmm maybe we will get it in the future, for now if you have a PS3 get Prototype, graphics are horrible, but is a guy in a hood, who climbs on buildings, and can transform into other people.

#10 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ May 5 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually also want an modern day assassins creed, but when we think modern, we think guns, and for some reason many assassins creed fans don't like the idea of an instalment that brings fire weapons, personally, I woudn't mind, depending the way is played out. But my main issue is how Desmond is just kept on hidding when there is a lot of action waiting for him, after all, what is the sense to teach assassins skills to Desmond if he doesn't use it? I'm really hoping that Assassins creed 3 is solely based on Desmond.

Well, considering that, by Desmond's time, the Templars are in control of everything, the Assassins have to go underground. They aren't as strong as they used to be.

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 6 2011, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mhmm maybe we will get it in the future, for now if you have a PS3 get Prototype, graphics are horrible, but is a guy in a hood, who climbs on buildings, and can transform into other people.

Prototype have nothing to do with Assassins creed apart from the hood thing. Gameplay and story are totally different.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

- Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They'll allow Ezio to peek into Altair's life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).
- You'll control Altair through these sequences.
- The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
- You'll also visit Cappadocia
- Ezio is over 50 years old in this game
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
- You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo
- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types
- They've modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs
- Eagles vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."
- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.
- You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.
- The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
- They're using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."
- Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door
- The gameplay during Desmond's game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. "Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious."
- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC
- You'll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 7 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

- Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They'll allow Ezio to peek into Altair's life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).
- You'll control Altair through these sequences.
- The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
- You'll also visit Cappadocia
- Ezio is over 50 years old in this game
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
- You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo
- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types
- They've modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs
- Eagles vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."
- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.
- You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.
- The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
- They're using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."
- Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door
- The gameplay during Desmond's game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. "Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious."
- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC
- You'll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.

Mhm multiplayer is good, i hope it has a freeroam, that would be cool. xD One of the sequence that you explained, about events being random, is very similar to Red Dead Redemption in the way it is explained, considering is open world, and usually you find some crazy gunslinger taking a woman hostage, or robbing someone, or a gang coming in for an attack.

Edited by Strangelove, 12 May 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#14 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

The thing I hated about multiplayer in brotherhood was that people kept running around like idiots. Which means if you got a contract for one the idiots running around you are basically guaranteed to get killed. After 10 games like that it just kind of ruined it for me. I don't know how they'll prevent people from running around in revelations. There's already a huge penalty to xp for non-stealth kills and yet people still do it.

It's an awesome feeling though when you have everyone after you at once and manage to trick them all. BH multiplayer was definitely rewarding when played the way it was intended.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Lol, I didn't really take the multiplayer seriously unless it was one of those "AUGH! I got killed right before I kill the guy in front of me!" moments, but otherwise, I enjoyed free-running and, in some ways, I goaded my hunters to chase me down so I could feel the joy of having ran away from them all at once. It was fun. Still, I do play the multiplayer stealthily at times, I just get bored easily.

Can't beat having walked next to your target for a few seconds then killing them, though.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 12 May 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#16 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Zin @ May 12 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing I hated about multiplayer in brotherhood was that people kept running around like idiots. Which means if you got a contract for one the idiots running around you are basically guaranteed to get killed. After 10 games like that it just kind of ruined it for me. I don't know how they'll prevent people from running around in revelations. There's already a huge penalty to xp for non-stealth kills and yet people still do it.

It's an awesome feeling though when you have everyone after you at once and manage to trick them all. BH multiplayer was definitely rewarding when played the way it was intended.

Me too, i spend more time in the actual game than in Multi.

The Multyplayer ruined Brotherhood. Instead they should have something with actual health, and a more open world system. Where you can play friendly, or you can play violent, without the timeout.

#17 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

Yearly Assassins Creeds from now looks like. I'll get it, hope it makes a bigger leap then brotherhood did from AC2. Also want to see them expand on the Assassins Guild, using them for help was great, and I appreciated it as I played towards the end of the game.
\

#18 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 12 2011, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too, i spend more time in the actual game than in Multi.

The Multyplayer ruined Brotherhood. Instead they should have something with actual health, and a more open world system. Where you can play friendly, or you can play violent, without the timeout.

I wouldn't say multiplayer ruined BH. It was better than 90% of the first attempts at multliplayer. And I actually didn't think the multiplayer structure was bad. I just feel it needs to be refined. Maybe give people a speed penalty after remaining in chase mode for too long. Or simply make throwing knives available for everyone instead of them being an ability so that people CAN'T run around. So that you HAVE to outsmart people to stay alive.

I enjoyed the single player quite a bit(got 100% complete pretty much as soon as I could...I'll probably never get plat though. Those multiplayer trophies are ridiculous).

Edited by Zin, 13 May 2011 - 02:39 AM.

"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#19 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

One way I think they could improve upon the multiplayer is perhaps make it so that you can play as a character that you customized as well as pre-determined characters which can be customized to a certain extent. It's not really much of an improvement, just something to keep people motivated. Something that keeps people saying, "I really want that pauldron, but I have to get to level _!"

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

http://www.gameinfor...PostPageIndex=1

Details on the story for Revelations. HUGE SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T FINISHED BROTHERHOOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users