• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

These few days proved to be so full of turmoil and anxiety, so I've decided that a gulp of fresh air would benefit us. Let's be positive, creative and bright! Just like Naruto and Sakura when they are together.

This is a thread where you can name (and elaborate) a fairytale or any other literature material that reminds you about our wonderful duet. People from all over the world are gathered here, drawn by the admiration towards Kishimoto's characters and their bonds. We can share so much! Every culture has its own stories! So tell us about them. We need more NS parallels just for the heck of it! Let's inspire each other!

Is it "Beauty and the Beast" or "König Drosselbart"? "Taming of the Shrew", perhaps? "Riquet à la houppe"? What about "Snedronningen"?

Edited by Syn11, 11 October 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#2 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

How about Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable? Kim fell in love with her best friend.

#3 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

How about Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable? Kim fell in love with her best friend.

I've barely watched this series, but why not? =)

Edited by Syn11, 12 October 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#4 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

I've barely watched this series, but why not? =)

Also Aang and Katara they were best friends then they fell in love with each other.

#5 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

Also Aang and Katara they were best friends then they fell in love with each other.

Mmm, you can say that, although it's not literature. )

#6 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

Now the new hot couple of Assassin Creed Unity Arno and Elise.  I am making fanfic crossover  Naruto being Arno an Assassin and Sakura being Elise a Templar.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

Literature as in books, right? What pairings from books remind you of NaruSaku? I have some, though the list is short (forgive me, I haven't read a lot of books lately lol)

Firestar and Sandstorm from "Warriors": Firestar joins a Clan that's in constant fighting with three others, but he didn't know any fighting skills and was an outcast at first because he wasn't born with them. Sandstorm disliked Firestar because of that, but also because she thought he was too full of himself and always knew best. But after Firestar saved her from falling into a gorge, Sandstorm realized she was wrong about him. They became really close friends after that and they fall in love. Firestar eventually becomes leader of the Clan and they raise a family. Sandstorm was also pretty hot-tempered and got in arguments with him so her interactions with him also mirrored NS lol.

Percy and Annabeth from "Percy Jackson Series": Percy and Annabeth met each other when they were 12 and she had a crush on Luke, who betrayed them and went to enemy. Annabeth started to get feelings for Percy, but she was a bit short-tempered and sometimes snapped at Percy (who usually kinda took in a sarcastic or joking way lol). Percy started to love Annabeth, but there was issues because she still had feelings for Luke and was very upset by how he became while Percy was dense and didn't really know what their relationship was lol. Annabeth realized in the last book of the original series she never really loved Luke and he was just a brother to her, leading Percy and Annabeth to get together in the end.

These two always remind me of NS. The Firestar/Sandstorm one mostly reminds me of NaruSaku's direct development and working for acknowledgement while the heroine helped him in becoming leader while Percy/Annabeth reminds me of the Team 7 love triangle and how the heroine was blinded a little by a false image (like Sakura with Sasuke). 

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 12 October 2014 - 02:07 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#8 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Well, I think the relationships between Spiderman & Gwen Stacy/Spiderman & Mary Jane, but this is probably because I'm a huge Spiderman fanatic :P
Spiderman & Gwen had a lot of similarities with each other, so I see that with Naruto & Sakura because they actually relate on a lot of things. Gwen was very intellegent too, so I see that in Sakura. On the other hand, with Spiderman & Mary Jane, they didn't just start out all in love with each other. It took Gwen's death for their relationship to actually grow, which I relate to NS because of how they grew closer after Sasuke's defection.
Just my thoughts though :smile:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#9 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Literature as in books, right? What pairings from books remind you of NaruSaku? I have some, though the list is short (forgive me, I haven't read a lot of books lately lol)

Firestar and Sandstorm from "Warriors": Firestar joins a Clan that's in constant fighting with three others, but he didn't know any fighting skils and was an outcast at first because he wasn't born with them. Sandstorm disliked Firestar because of that, but also because she thought he was too full of himself and always knew best. But after Firestar saved her from falling into a gorge, Sandstorm realized she was wrong about him. They became really close friends after that and they fall in love. Firestar eventually becomes leader of the Clan and they raise a family. Sandstorm was also pretty hot-tempered and got in arguments with him so her interactions with him also mirrored NS lol.

Percy and Annabeth from "Percy Jackson Series": Percy and Annabeth met each other when they were 12 and she had a crush on Luke, who betrayed them and went to enemy. Annabeth started to get feelings for Percy, but she was a bit short-tempered and sometimes snapped at Percy (who usually kinda took in a sarcastic or joking way lol). Percy started to love Annabeth, but there was issues because she still had feelings for Luke and was very upset by how he became while Percy was dense and didn't really know what their relationship was lol. Annabeth realized in the last book of the original series she never really loved Luke and he was just a brother to her, leading Percy and Annabeth to get together in the end.

These two always remind me of NS. The Firestar/Sandstorm one mostly reminds me of NaruSaku's direct development and working for acknowledgement while the heroine helped him in becoming leader while Percy/Annabeth reminds me of the Team 7 love triangle and how the heroine was blinded a little by a false image (like Sakura with Sasuke). 

Imagine if something similar like that happened to Naruto and Sakura in the manga I have a feeling something like that could happen.

#10 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

Emma and Mr. Knightley

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#11 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:57 AM

Now the new hot couple of Assassin Creed Unity Arno and Elise.  I am making fanfic crossover  Naruto being Arno an Assassin and Sakura being Elise a Templar.

Interesting. )

Firestar and Sandstorm from "Warriors": Firestar joins a Clan that's in constant fighting with three others, but he didn't know any fighting skils and was an outcast at first because he wasn't born with them. Sandstorm disliked Firestar because of that, but also because she thought he was too full of himself and always knew best. But after Firestar saved her from falling into a gorge, Sandstorm realized she was wrong about him. They became really close friends after that and they fall in love. Firestar eventually becomes leader of the Clan and they raise a family. Sandstorm was also pretty hot-tempered and got in arguments with him so her interactions with him also mirrored NS lol.

Yep, books. ) Pretty good parallels! Thank you for describing them in details!

Emma and Mr. Knightley

Is this a novel?

My parallel is Rhett Butler/Scarlett O'hara ("Gone with the wind"). Probably, some of you watched the screen version. Although the characters differ from Naruto and Sakura when it comes to personality traits, their relationship somewhat reflects NS conflict. Scarlett having been in love with another man (Ashley Wilkes who she couldn't get) since she was sixteen years old, and Rhett having fallen for her when they first met (she was raging because Ashley rejected her). Rhett kept on loving Scarlett for many years no matter what she did, and he always tried to help her out. Scarlett hated him at first but at the end of the second book realized that he was the only one who truly loved her for who she was. Unfortunately... the end of the original work was pure angst. But readers got a sequel. Yay!

Speaking about bad first impressions... "Pride and Prejudice", anyone? =)

Edited by Syn11, 12 October 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#12 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

@BlazingDynamo:

You mean with the Percy/Annabeth example? Yes, I've been thinking that lately too. But I think Annabeth's feelings for Luke and Sakura's for Sasuke are kind of reversed. Annabeth was 7 when she met Luke and she deeply admired him so I find it easy for her to confuse brotherly feelings with something like love. But she didn't figure that out until she was 16 in the last chapters of the book.

The difference between Sakura and Annabeth is Sakura really did have romantic feelings for Sasuke that eventually became platonic while with Annabeth she always just loved Luke as brother; Annabeth made sure to point this out. I can't picture Sakura saying she always saw Sasuke as a brother. It doesn't really fit.

But yeah, if you read the Percy Jackson Series, there are still strong parallels with Percabeth and NaruSaku.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 12 October 2014 - 02:23 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#13 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

@BlazingDynamo:

You mean with the Percy/Annabeth example? Yes, I've been thinking that lately too. But I think Annabeth's feelings for Luke and Sakura's for Sasuke are kind of reversed. Annabeth was 7 when she met Luke and she deeply admired him so I find it easy for her to confuse brotherly feelings with something like love. But she didn't figure that out until she was 16 in the last chapters of the book.

The difference between Sakura and Annabeth is Sakura really did have romantic feelings for Sasuke that eventually became platonic while with Annabeth she always just loved Luke as brother; Annabeth made sure to point this out. I can't picture Sakura saying she always saw Sasuke as a brother. It doesn't really fit.

But yeah, if you read the Percy Jackson Series, there are still strong parallels with Percabeth and NaruSaku.

That Percy/Annabeth story is that some type of manga or a regular book?

Edited by BlazingDynamo, 12 October 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#14 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:34 AM

@BlazingDynamo:

It's a book series. Percy Jackson & The Olympians and one of my favorite book series ever. Percy is a lot like Naruto and Annabeth is a lot like Sakura, combined with a similar love story and interactions. I ship them too.  :wub:

#15 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

Superman and Lois Lane from Lois and Clark: The New adventures of Superman.
(It's not a book but it's a TV series.)
In that Clark started off as someone Lois hated, then she started to know him for who he was and they become friends and Clark fell in love with her. Then Clark work hard and had to witness Lois go through other men including Lex before Clark got his chance with Lois and she fell in love with him. But that shows that hard work pays off.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 12 October 2014 - 05:17 AM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#16 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

Emma and Mr. Knightley are from "Emma." Both that and "Pride and Prejudice" are by Jane Austen. Some of the best books in the English language.

#17 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Emma and Mr. Knightley are from "Emma." Both that and "Pride and Prejudice" are by Jane Austen. Some of the best books in the English language.

I googled it. ) I read the second novel in English and Russian, but no the first one. It's not as popular among Russian readers. =) Although... I came across an anime ("Emma") that was probably based on it. Now I remember.

#18 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

Is this a novel?

It is one of Jane Austen's novels.

Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightley have been very dear friends for a long time - but she realizes that she actually loves him when she is just about to loose him to her friend Harriet (or at least she thinks that she's about to loose him - secretly Mr. Knightly always loved Emma and never had eyes for any other woman.)

It is a really good novel with a lot of unexpected stuff happening. 

Emma also was in love with Frank Churchill first (or at least she thinks she was ;) )

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#19 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

It is one of Jane Austen's novels.

Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightley have been very dear friends for a long time - but she realizes that she actually loves him when she is just about to loose him to her friend Harriet (or at least she thinks that she's about to loose him - secretly Mr. Knightly always loved Emma and never had eyes for any other woman.)

It is a really good novel with a lot of unexpected stuff happening. 

Emma also was in love with Frank Churchill first (or at least she thinks she was ;) )

I see, thanks for the short summary. I've decided to watch a movie adaptation of "Emma".

#20 FreakySandra1995

FreakySandra1995

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

I don't know hoe the title is called in ENglish, but the "Anne auf Green Gables" serie makes me think a lot about NaruSaku. 

In ENglish it's most likely "Anne of Green Gables" or "Anne with the red hair", I would guess.

Your wish has been heard loud and clear!

tumblr_n4c1f8AT2C1tswvyoo3_500.gif

Iki Hiyori

May our fates intertwine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users