54175 replies to this topic

#50261 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

it really is ASTONISHING how many double standards are excused or even applied to Naruto's shipping compared to other anime. Other female tsunderes in anime were were JUST AS abusive to their love interests if not more so, but that never stopped them from being a couple with said person in the end. You don't see other tsunderes play the "love interest tropes" straight by being there for the main character when they are depressed or distraught, giving basic medical treatment to them up after they get hurt (with varying results), offering to feed them when they can't do it for themselves etc. and then those that don't even ship them say "oh that is just the tsundere being friendly". :zaru: And lets not even forget the double standards being set in the series itself. Sakura always loved Sasuke, Hinata always loved Naruto so they must be reciprocated or there IS NO POINT IN THE SERIES and the those two men are "the scum of the earth". BUT!!!!!! Naruto always loved Sakura and Sasuke has always had this "b!&^$es, leave me alone!" attitude, but apparently those feelings do not count or matter. Naruto can never have Sakura's love returned to him even though that is the expectation with Sakura's love for Sasuke, and Sakura saying Naruto's feelings for her are were a sense of rivalry with Sasuke :roll:  :bash:   :facepalm: is accepted as truth (plus the NH fanatics REJOICED when she said it) when that is HILARIOUSLY HYPOCRITICAL coming from her, considering she was always up in arms with Ino for their "fangirling and imagined getting together with" towards the latter, not to mention how would it be a rivalry game if Sauke never loved Sakura anyway until the plot demanded that he did. Hinata does something mildly nice or even holds a small conversation with Naruto and then it is screamed "THIS GIRL IS THE BEST WAIFU EVER!!!!!!!!!!" Sakura saves Naruto's life, always shows her support for his dream of always shows emotional protectiveness/consideration of him and his feelings? "Meh, she is just doing her job/being a good friend", or "she is till useless".

How any supporters of these arguments can even say this with a straight face is unfathomable, I tell you. :ermm:  :twitch:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 February 2019 - 11:17 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50262 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

I am telling you, someone sold their soul to the devil to make Naruto this popular and to change the pairings. It makes sense with the radical changes, the mishandling of the plot, and the delusional people who still follow.

If it was anyone else besides Dragonball....people would not give two craps about it, but Naruto is just everywhere and the pairings wars are still happening.

Everything is compared to NH and SS, but WE of the NS community, if we compare NS to other GoofballXTsundere couples in other Japanese anime, get told that parallels or what not mean garbage.The double standards in this world are out of control.

I sometimes wonder how willing I am to sell my soul to the devil just to have Kishimoto come back and make an awesome redoing of the Naruto ending with a NS pairing end. Not change what was already there, just have Kishimoto come back and be like "I decided that I wanted to retcon it because I didn't like how the first ending was handled."

Basically pull a Toriyama. I'll even be nice and have Kishimoto say "They are both canon, but two different timelines." But our timeline would be better. *wink wink*

2hx64if.jpg

Yeah tell me about it! I just can't understand why, whether its that heavily marketed or is this fuking brainwashed millennials generation (its probably both), the same with the new material that's coming up its like there's no soul and depth into it like in the old days everything is so twisted ugh!!! Its why I don't pick up anything new its just so hard to find good material now days it just seems so bland.

LOL!!! I have a better one for you, just make it so that all of this happened in the Infinite Tsukuyomi (then sit back relax and watch it burn) and write the real ending its that much more believable than this crap we have right now  bc it really does give you that vibe . Although if you ask me I'll redo whole P2  parings or not the story itself its just pure disaster there's no any morality whatsoever, I mean seriously what's the message we get here? Any positives? Is this what you leave as your legacy? Its no wonder that we have such a screwed up generation if you feed them with BS like this. 

Edited by FireFox, 24 February 2019 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#50263 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

I remember watching a Dragonball clip where the crew met adult Goku for the first time, one saying Naruto ripped this clip off. :facepalm:

Granted, I guess the guy was saying that in a negative way, but why? Why is everyone comparing Bulma and Goku to Naruto and Sakura? They're nothing alike! Bulma just commented Goku looked handsome, but the crew never teased her having feelings for him or pull some stupid parallels to imply she was a perfect match for him. Cause that's what they did with Sakura. On top of that, Goku never had romantic feelings for anyone ( he didn't even really seem to have feelings for Chi-Chi on screen). Naruto repeatedly expressed his feelings for Sakura, and SP tried to make him like Goku to justify him getting with HInata instead. Didn't work for a lot of people. 

But why does Naruto have to be compared to anything? Good or bad, it should be able to stand on it's own! The more these people say "Naruto was inspired by this series and redid this scene", the more they actually hurt it's integrity (if it had any). You never hear this about other series; all of those had inspirations from other stories, but were able to do enough things with originality to help it stand out.

#50264 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

I remember watching a Dragonball clip where the crew met adult Goku for the first time, one saying Naruto ripped this clip off. :facepalm:

Granted, I guess the guy was saying that in a negative way, but why? Why is everyone comparing Bulma and Goku to Naruto and Sakura? They're nothing alike! Bulma just commented Goku looked handsome, but the crew never teased her having feelings for him or pull some stupid parallels to imply she was a perfect match for him. Cause that's what they did with Sakura. On top of that, Goku never had romantic feelings for anyone ( he didn't even really seem to have feelings for Chi-Chi on screen). Naruto repeatedly expressed his feelings for Sakura, and SP tried to make him like Goku to justify him getting with HInata instead. Didn't work for a lot of people. 

But why does Naruto have to be compared to anything? Good or bad, it should be able to stand on it's own! The more these people say "Naruto was inspired by this series and redid this scene", the more they actually hurt it's integrity (if it had any). You never hear this about other series; all of those had inspirations from other stories, but were able to do enough things with originality to help it stand out.

Some hentai have a better romance plot than Naruto at this point.

By the way, I mentioned the movie and how garbage it was and someone gave me this reply.

"Ok, ignoring the fact that a movie doesn't really speak for a series, and that the characters were aleeady together in the manga making the movie only exist for marketing purposes. The actual romance in the show doesn't do even do half of this. Instead suffering from the dense hero trope."

Now they want to act like the movie never happened. This is too much. This is great coming from the "accept the canon" crowd.

Is this what people classify romance nowadays?
Asking out on dates, expressing your love, telling he person how much you mean to them, telling people how awesome you are, and so much more is NOT romantic. "That's just being friendly."

Guy accidentally sneezes on a girl
"OMG, THAT IS TOTALLY A LOVE CONFESSION. IT IS ALMOST LIKE HE IS PROPOSING."

Naruto and now RWBY.
Radical pairing fans have ruined everything they get their hands on. I love how Blake and Yang being a lesbian couple out of nowhere with minimal development such as Yang randomly gets mad at Blake is acceptable, but if I suggest Ruby and Jaune as a couple with all the development they had...I get told "Oh, that is just them being friends. You shouldn't look so deep into it."

Yang gets mad at Blake: "Canon lesbian couple."
Ruby watches Jaune train from the shadows wishing she could cheer him up, uses her silver eyes to save his life not wanting him to die like Pyrrah, and just hanging around him smiling and making him smile: "They are just friends."

I don't get it. Did the concept of "development" just get wiped from writing ethics? Is on screen development and actual character bonds "too meta now?" "Don't think about it. Just do it cause your audience wants it to happen." Someone please explain this to me.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 25 February 2019 - 06:23 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50265 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

Yeah tell me about it! I just can't understand why, whether its that heavily marketed or is this fuking brainwashed millennials generation (its probably both), the same with the new material that's coming up its like there's no soul and depth into it like in the old days everything is so twisted ugh!!! Its why I don't pick up anything new its just so hard to find good material now days it just seems so bland.

LOL!!! I have a better one for you, just make it so that all of this happened in the Infinite Tsukuyomi (then sit back relax and watch it burn) and write the real ending its that much more believable than this crap we have right now  bc it really does give you that vibe . Although if you ask me I'll redo whole P2  parings or not the story itself its just pure disaster there's no any morality whatsoever, I mean seriously what's the message we get here? Any positives? Is this what you leave as your legacy? Its no wonder that we have such a screwed up generation if you feed them with BS like this. 

They're clearly trying to lure people back in by thinking that if they repeat the same general plot points from "Naruto", the nostalgia alone would get people to watch. I mean, just look at the very first "Boruto" arc after rehashing the movie - IIRC, Boruto's team's first mission involves a client who lies about the level of danger the mission actually entails because he can't afford it, and the main enemy is an infamous swordsman, but the team manages to overcome him and prove they're "more talented" than your typical rookie team......gee, sound familiar?

2e5.gif

#50266 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:27 PM

Some hentai have a better romance plot than Naruto at this point.

By the way, I mentioned the movie and how garbage it was and someone gave me this reply.

Now they want to act like the movie never happened. This is too much. This is great coming from the "accept the canon" crowd.

Is this what people classify romance nowadays?
Asking out on dates, expressing your love, telling he person how much you mean to them, telling people how awesome you are, and so much more is NOT romantic. "That's just being friendly."

Guy accidentally sneezes on a girl
"OMG, THAT IS TOTALLY A LOVE CONFESSION. IT IS ALMOST LIKE HE IS PROPOSING."

Naruto and now RWBY.
Radical pairing fans have ruined everything they get their hands on. I love how Blake and Yang being a lesbian couple out of nowhere with minimal development such as Yang randomly gets mad at Blake is acceptable, but if I suggest Ruby and Jaune as a couple with all the development they had...I get told "Oh, that is just them being friends. You shouldn't look so deep into it."

Yang gets mad at Blake: "Canon lesbian couple."
Ruby watches Jaune train from the shadows wishing she could cheer him up, uses her silver eyes to save his life not wanting him to die like Pyrrah, and just hanging around him smiling and making him smile: "They are just friends."

I don't get it. Did the concept of "development" just get wiped from writing ethics? Is on screen development and actual character bonds "too meta now?" "Don't think about it. Just do it cause your audience wants it to happen." Someone please explain this to me.

Development doesn't matter if you hate the pairing! :zaru: it is only the couple that makes you feel BETTER about your miserable life and that you think are a match made in heaven then all all they need to do is "say hello to each other", then you see the wedding bells ringing!!! That is the impression I get when pairing wars for any fiction spiral out of control.

But again I state this for the last time, making a couple believable, giving them chemistry, and developing their bond in any story is is a story teller's JOB. If they feel that the characters are not meant to be then the couple that they promote next should have just as much effort if not more so to make the romance between them believable. Yes I know the reasons are not always great and even seem forced in some media but at least you should give them screen time and showing them spending time together before calling them a couple. Simple as that

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 February 2019 - 11:28 PM.

#50267 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

Development doesn't matter if you hate the pairing! :zaru: it is only the couple that makes you feel BETTER about your miserable life and that you think are a match made in heaven then all all they need to do is "say hello to each other", then you see the wedding bells ringing!!! That is the impression I get when pairing wars for any fiction spiral out of control.

But again I state this for the last time, making a couple believable, giving them chemistry, and developing their bond in any story is is a story teller's JOB. If they feel that the characters are not meant to be then the couple that they promote next should have just as much effort if not more so to make the romance between them believable. Yes I know the reasons are not always great and even seem forced in some media but at least you should give them screen time and showing them spending time together before calling them a couple. Simple as that

It angers me something fierce that an actual potential pairing has development, but is not a couple. Two people who never really talk to each other, hardly ever interact, and have never shown any real lovable interaction....SOME HOW becomes canon in the end. Do we get an explanation? No. "Take our word for it."

It is infuriating when writers keep doing this.
First Naruto with SS and NH
Then Gears of War Judgement did this. (Two characters hated each to the point that they were literally ready to slit each other's throat while they slept...somehow became a couple.)
A lot of people are saying RWBY is doing this. I have to agree re-looking at everything.

It is especially true with pairings I like. This is why I don't have an OTP anymore. If there is a story with a love triangle, I always seem to pick the pairings that has the most development together, but some how never becomes canon.

And frankly, I am tired of the "super long story where we are going to tease the heck out of you of a pairing only to either not do it or go in the opposite direction at the last possible second" scam writing being done lately. Like, the writers needs to find a better story mechanic than this extremely padded forced drama where a couple could be canon, but some stupid insignificant thing wouldn't let them be. Honestly, it is getting more unrealistic and just garbage writing.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50268 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

It angers me something fierce that an actual potential pairing has development, but is not a couple. Two people who never really talk to each other, hardly ever interact, and have never shown any real lovable interaction....SOME HOW becomes canon in the end. Do we get an explanation? No. "Take our word for it."

Then they make an entire movie forcing them together....but it was "planned from the beginning!" and "there's so much obvious development in the manga!"...so why do they need to make such a movie then?

*crickets*

2e5.gif

#50269 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

The billion dollar question we are all asking :yes:

And again the very fact that the movie was made debunks the entire notion that It was planned from the beginning because the very writing contradicts everything from the manga. Naruto learned shadow clone before he ever read Tobirama's forbidden scroll( looking at chapter/episode 1), he was childhood friends with Hinata and protected her from bullies but then calls her a dark weird girl on her introduction and acts like they were never on speaking terms, he gave no kittens about her confession during the Pain Invasion in the movie when that was supposed to be when he realized his feelings (according to pro NH fans), he was caught in a genjutsu he could easily dispel as a Tailed Beast Host just as a cheap plot device to acknowledge Hinata's feelings for him when again she straight up confessed to his face before, and he gave up on wanting to save anyone when he got rejected, despite him fighting tooth and nail for others even when he lost loved ones in the past (albeit with some pep talk). So you mean to tell me that 180 degrees on the main character's personality and plot inconsistencies was "planned from the beginning"? MAKES  PERFECT SENSE TO ME.............. :roll:

Then defenders and supporters of this couple slap on the mother of all lazy @$$ brain numbing excuses, "Naruto is not a romance manga". So is THAT why Naruto the last was a cliche storm cringe of a shojo fanfic? Naruto NEEDED a reason to get together with Hinata last second that it required an "entire post-manga run" movie dedicated to it, which all of you chapter 699-700 supporting fans eat up like a five star restaurant dessert, but Naruto IS NOT a romance manga?

*The crickets continue chirping*

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 June 2019 - 09:48 PM.

#50270 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:35 PM

I know I also REALLY have to bring up again the double standard of NaruSaku regarding the shipping. Naruto and Sakura are just friends despite all the development that they get, and NaruHina doesn't need development to be canon because Naruto is not a "romance manga". But Bleach for instance had significant development with Ichigo and Rukia, but when they did not happen and married their respective love interests the supporters FELT COWED. Now are those IchiRuki supporters also NH fans? If so........................ MY POINT.

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 August 2019 - 09:13 PM.

#50271 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:14 PM

In regards to RWBY, I can at least buy somewhat into the notion of Blake x Yang since there's always been some slight hintage(though I always felt it was platonic), but it disappoints me wen I consider all of the chemistry Sun and Blake got between two seasons, then Sun is pretty much butted aside. I'm not too worried about Lancaster since the sixth volume's prominent theme pertained to love, according to the writers. And we definitely see Ruby and Jaune acting in a manner that sure as hell suggests that there's more than friendship there in this season. Furthermore, Monty Oum stated before his death that he was a big fan of Lancaster and even said he was setting them up. He also believed, and I'm paraphrasing a bit, that "love should have a foundation".

Now, if the current writers pull some BS to inexplicably pair Ruby up with Weiss or Oscar despite her having an established, sisterly relationship with the former and a casual friendship with the latter...

I will be f*^king PISSED. Because that would imply that they value the voices of crazy fans over the wishes of their friend/predecessor for his creation.

Edited by Kagomaru, 26 February 2019 - 07:20 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#50272 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

They're clearly trying to lure people back in by thinking that if they repeat the same general plot points from "Naruto", the nostalgia alone would get people to watch. I mean, just look at the very first "Boruto" arc after rehashing the movie - IIRC, Boruto's team's first mission involves a client who lies about the level of danger the mission actually entails because he can't afford it, and the main enemy is an infamous swordsman, but the team manages to overcome him and prove they're "more talented" than your typical rookie team......gee, sound familiar?

SERIOUSLY?!! Like I'm sure that's gonna work for them  :roll: .  That just screams incompetence if anything else, this is also one of the major problems I have with today's storytelling they're basically treating the fans as idiots like we have no reading comprehension at all I mean how stupid do they think we are really? Fool me once and its over its why I haven't touch upon anything Nardo related since its ending nor do I care what's going on, they can reap what they sow with their new audience I'm sure its going "great" for them :roll: .   

Edited by FireFox, 26 February 2019 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#50273 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

SERIOUSLY?!! Like I'm sure that's gonna work for them  :roll: .  That just screams incompetence if anything else, this is also one of the major problems I have with today's storytelling they're basically treating the fans as idiots like we have no reading comprehension at all I mean how stupid do they think we are really? Fool me once and its over its why I haven't touch upon anything Nardo related since its ending nor do I care what's going on, they can reap what they sow with their new audience I'm sure its going "great" for them :roll: .   

They already all but outright called a majority of fans idiots when called out on how BS the whole ending was. Not just pairings, but the ending as a whole with the plot-holes, @$$pulls, hypocrisy and contradictions, and the whole weak and pathetic "red herring" excuse afterwards when pointing out the non-existent NH development against the development of NS and the generational parallels made numerous times.

Literally saying we "didn't read the manga right".

2e5.gif

#50274 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:13 AM

I know I also REALLY have to bring up again the double standard of NaruSaku regarding the shipping. Naruto and Sakura are just friends despite all the development that they get, and NaruHina doesn't need development to be canon because Naruto is not a "romance manga". But Bleach for instance had siignificant development with Ichigo and Rukia, but when they did not happen and married their respective love interests the supporters FELT COWED. Now are those IchiRuki supporters also NH fans? If so........................ MY POINT.

I would have preferred if Ichigo ended up with Rukia (They had such great chemistry and development and I hate she ended up with Renji), but at least Ichigo did have chemistry and development with Orihime. Not as good as Rukia, but way better than what Naruto had with Hinata.

#50275 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:41 AM

Right but that’s what I’m getting at. If there are NH fans That also ship Ichiruki then why are they upset over Ichihime happening but rabidly argue NH needed no development? If they are upset with IchiRuki not happening they they ADMIT development and chemistry matter with a couple

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 February 2019 - 08:30 PM.

#50276 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

Then they make an entire movie forcing them together....but it was "planned from the beginning!" and "there's so much obvious development in the manga!"...so why do they need to make such a movie then?

*crickets*

If we even get that at all....

In regards to RWBY, I can at least buy somewhat into the notion of Blake x Yang since there's always been some slight hintage(though I always felt it was platonic), but it disappoints me wen I consider all of the chemistry Sun and Blake got between two seasons, then Sun is pretty much butted aside. I'm not too worried about Lancaster since the sixth volume's prominent theme pertained to love, according to the writers. And we definitely see Ruby and Jaune acting in a manner that sure as hell suggests that there's more than friendship there in this season. Furthermore, Monty Oum stated before his death that he was a big fan of Lancaster and even said he was setting them up. He also believed, and I'm paraphrasing a bit, that "love should have a foundation".

Now, if the current writers pull some BS to inexplicably pair Ruby up with Weiss or Oscar despite her having an established, sisterly relationship with the former and a casual friendship with the latter...

I will be f*^king PISSED. Because that would imply that they value the voices of crazy fans over the wishes of their friend/predecessor for his creation.

Again, I can't speak for a lot of people, but when it comes to "Blake and Yang" as a couple two things kind of stick out like thorns. The fact that Monty originally said that the RWBY gang was like a sisterhood...so Blake and Yang being lesbians or bisexuals kind of throws a wrench in that, but as well...Yang personality did a total tone shift and it feels unnatural.

A lot of die-hard RWBY fans threw their hands up in disgust by the end of Volume 6 due to issues with plot holes, shipping bait, and more. Especially the character assassinations. (Like turning Adam from a terrorist to a sexual abuser that lesbians beat up.)

Monty did say that there would be LGBT characters in RWBY as that sort of thing is widely accepted in the RWBY universe, but he always said that if there were ever couples...they would have to have a foundation. Blake and Yang...really doesn't have a strong foundation. I rewatched there series and while Blake and Yang does have connections here and there they never felt romantic. They felt more sisterly...especially in the beginning. Yang seems to be angry non-stop now and recently couldn't care less about Ruby at all. At least this is how I have been seeing it.

I hope Lancaster becomes a thing. I loved Arkos too, but since Pyrrah died, I became more Lancaster.

Oh god on the whole "RubyXWeiss pairing." Like, are they just turning the RWBY gang into big lesbians all of a sudden? This whole thing started in that non-canon manga they were producing where all the girls come off as massive lesbians and all the guys are apparently gay for each other.

I don't know. It is hard to take some fans that tell me "the signs were there," when they have a BlakeXYang shipping bias. Of course, the fans of said pairing are going to argue the clues were there. Meanwhile, non-pairing fans are like "well, this came out of nowhere."

Why can't writers do pairings right anymore?

Then defenders and supporters of this couple slap on the mother of all lazy @$$ brain numbing excuses, "Naruto is not a romance manga". So is THAT why Naruto the last was a cliche storm cringe of a shojo fanfic? Naruto NEEDED a reason to get together with Hinata last second that it required an entire post-manga movie dedicated to it, which you eat up like a five star restaurant dessert, but Naruto IS NOT a romance manga?

I love this new excuse "The movie was a marketing ploy and doesn't reflect anything on the series as a whole" hand wave. So, now we are supposed to ignore the movie now?

Well, at least they got one thing right: Naruto the Last really was a marketing plot.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50277 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:35 PM

So if they are calling it a "marketing ploy and does not reflect anything the series as a whole", THEN BINGO!!!!!!!!! Naruto the Last was  a *beep* *beep*ing RETCON to FORCE Naruto to fall in love with Hinata. If not, then why call it a marketing ploy that does not reflect the entire series? Is it because you know deep down, that short- haired, self-centered a-hole that calls himself Naruto is NOT the Naruto from the manga and anime? Is it because you know deep down that the movie contradicts several established facts in the main story? YES? Then there you go!!!

If not for those reasons, then IS IT BECAUSE you know that "Naruto is not a romance manga" is NOT an excuse to make that movie? Because let's be realistic here, "Not a romance story media" only works as a reason for person A to get together with person B with no development at all if was established as the type of story to not focus on a "budding and slowly progressing relationship" in the first place and there is no intent of "elaboration at all". when you say "not a romance" it only works for stories like Dragon Ball were the main character shows no romantic interest in any one and the love interest is not a prominent character enough to regularly feature in the story at consistent intervals so whatever the romantic relationship is off screen, is up in the air for your interpretation. And also Dragon Ball NEVER made a movie to show how any of the couples get together so yes, Dragon Ball is not a romance manga by any stretch of the imagination. But If a relationship is developed and actually shown in the story like with "Naruto" and "Bleach" for instance, then "not a romance" is not even an excuse for not showing the development and progress between a couple because the story goes out of its way to focus on those relationships. Ichigo shows moments with Both Rukia and Orihime so it is no surprise, logically speaking, if he ended up with either one (Rukia being more prominent).

Where as in Naruto, Who is it that gives Naruto her full support and upmost confidence in whatever he is doing? Who does Naruto Spend the most time with when he is relaxing and has leisure time and Vice versa? Who is it That Naruto asks for dates whenever he gets the chance? who is it that that said she did not want to take away Naruto's "dream of being hokage" when they were under threat of losing all opportunities to advance their prestige as ninjas? Who was it that said she would not let Naruto die when he was so close to reaching said dream? SAKURA HARUNO. If Hinata was always meant to be the love interest then she should be the one in all of those scenes and the movie would not be needed. but it was Sakura, and on top of that she showed every "trope" of falling in love with the boy that always protected her both physically and emotionally, and shows compassion towards others and selflessly fights to protect those he cares about. 

So in conclusion, Sakura IS THE LOVE INTEREST, and and that 'Hinata fanfic" of a movie was only made to push Hinata into a role that was Sakura's all along. Even YOU PRO-NARUHINA FANS that support all of the post chapter 700 content just ADMITTED IT.

*drops mic*

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 August 2019 - 05:48 PM.

#50278 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:50 AM

It's not working out for them, no, but that's the downside of them slipping into a hole of their own making. There's really nothing they can do at this point save continuing on the path they are or canceling it and moving on to something else. They're obviously reluctant to do the latter, since Naruto was once the biggest manga in the world and an international hit. Anything else is off the table, because short of completely rewriting the last two to three hundred chapters of Naruto into something cohesive and logical you can't fix that story. They made Bibibab and Ceasersalad and Himawiggiwoo and whoever else. Now they have to deal with them.

In this case, they're obviously hoping if they go back to the dynamic of the early days with a new coat of paint, they can try to recreate whatever magic was there that hooked people, but they're not only being too literal about it, they're ignoring the fact that it's easy to see it's shaping into the same story. It's the Walking Dead problem, where your stories hinge on a basic, easy to spot cycle readers/viewers eventually get wise to and question. They'd be served well by trying to break from the mold and do something interesting in another direction, but it seems they've hobbled themselves with a flash forward and while I'm a fan of starting with a shocking scene in the future and then building to how we got there, it's probably not a great choice for a years-long action-adventure saga you're going to deliver in monthly chunks that barely advance the story.

Such a weird choice of how to do things.

They already all but outright called a majority of fans idiots when called out on how BS the whole ending was. Not just pairings, but the ending as a whole with the plot-holes, @$$pulls, hypocrisy and contradictions, and the whole weak and pathetic "red herring" excuse afterwards when pointing out the non-existent NH development against the development of NS and the generational parallels made numerous times.

Literally saying we "didn't read the manga right".

There was never going to be any other reaction from them. They made their choice and they had to stick by it, even if it was clear it was the wrong one. They were, after all, hyping up the new next generation sequel they wanted to sell. They're not going to admit they blew it with the original because their choice is the entire foundation for their continuation. They're completely full of s***, but I find it easier to simply accept that you can't expect better from something like this.

Edited by dl316bh, 28 February 2019 - 06:51 AM.

bd5.jpg

#50279 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

They made Bibibab and Ceasersalad and Himawiggiwoo and whoever else. Now they have to deal with them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5038159
Yo! Best new names. EVER!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50280 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

See, this is why I prefer foundation for couples. But so many shows and such I do like to find pairs for end up not coming out because of stupid BS reasons. It happened in Digimon, it happened in Voltron Legendary Defender, it happened here in Naruto, and I fear it's gonna happen too in other stuff, so I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't be shipping since it just means I'm gonna be made wrong and then others will rub it in my face or make me feel bad because of my choice of pairings.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)