Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Naruto 515 is out !

EPIC CHAPTER IS EPIC!!

Edited by Davidos, 02 November 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

Well, that's... huh. --Click here to view--
Let's see...

Nagato, Kakuzu, Deidara, Sasori, Itachi, Han, Ukataka, Yugito, Yagura, Roshi, not sure on the Kage, don't know who that is next to Zabuza and Haku, Kimimaro, Chiyo, Hanzou, Asuma, Dan, and Hyuuga Hizashi.

So basically, Kabuto just revived every person important who's ever died, both onscreen and off, and added them to an army of Zetsu and the other seven Bijuu.

There'd better be some good fights here.

#3 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Nov 3 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's... huh. --Click here to view--
Let's see...

Nagato, Kakuzu, Deidara, Sasori, Itachi, Han, Ukataka, Yugito, Yagura, Roshi, not sure on the Kage, don't know who that is next to Zabuza and Haku, Kimimaro, Chiyo, Hanzou, Asuma, Dan, and Hyuuga Hizashi.

So basically, Kabuto just revived every person important who's ever died, both onscreen and off, and added them to an army of Zetsu and the other seven Bijuu.

There'd better be some good fights here.

Looks like Yondaime Kazekage and predecessor of Raikage (Sandaime?) also I guess the third Kage is formes tsuchikage.

This chapter was good, much better than the spoilers left me thinking. The Shinobi army looks like to be divided like Samurais once, different types divided as their own formations.

EDIT: Oh, and looks like Sakura was part of closerange division, not medical.
The Front pages looked awesome!

Edited by Hak, 02 November 2010 - 10:33 PM.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#4 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

world Domenation!!!!

my spoiler tag wont work it jest brings up error.

i have one word Jiraiya

Edited by hypno toad, 02 November 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#5 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

That was awesome! I think Naruto should be in division 3 biggrin.gif. I just would say that some fights are gonna be heart-breaking. Like Asuma vs. Shikamaru, Chiyo vs. Sakura, to name a few. Can't wait for next week.

----------------
Now playing: Yellowcard - Rough Landing, Holly
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#6 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

some thoughts --Click here to view--
I am wondering how they are gonna kill all the people that have been Edo Tensei'd. The only way is to remove their soul by sealing them in the death god.
I guess they just have to kill kabuto since he is the person that has ressurrected them all and they probably will vanish when he dies or are there perhaps other ways?

#7 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Nov 2 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am wondering how they are gonna kill all the people that have been Edo Tensei'd. The only way is to remove their soul by sealing them in the death god.
I guess they just have to kill kabuto since he is the person that has ressurrected them all and they probably will vanish when he dies or are there perhaps other ways?

What about fry them on molecular level?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Nov 2 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was awesome! I think Naruto should be in division 3 biggrin.gif. I just would say that some fights are gonna be heart-breaking. Like Asuma vs. Shikamaru, Chiyo vs. Sakura, to name a few. Can't wait for next week.

Fights between former students/masters is definitely a riff on the whole surpassing-the-last generation thing. And I hope we see some KICK ASS Sakura fight scenes.

But with this format, if each fight has a mini-arc, then yeah...this manga could still go on for a couple of years even though it's finally reached its endgame.

edit: and I'll start the ball rolling. Another nail in the NaruHina coffin. If they're about to go to war, and she's a bit nervous.... *ahem* sister, you're in the wrong line of work. Sakura's fierce look on the colored page is awesome, btw.

Edited by Derock, 03 November 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Oh No he didn't --Click here to view--
Kabuto did not just summon Dan? Ooooh Tsunade's going to be pissed off, and either a very stupid or clever move on part of Kabutomaru, She was a wreck for years because of his death, if she has to fight him, when he still retains his personality, it could lead to her death, or her going on a rampage and destroying everything in her path.

Wonder why non of the Hokage's were summoned, could it be because they can't be bought back if inside the Shinigami's stomach, but if that's the case who was Orichimaru going to summon that scared the Third Hokage so much?

Another strange ommision is Jiaraya, the White Fang, and Kushina Uzumaki, not only would these cause Naruto and Kakashi to get unsettled, they were all famous Ninja's who could have been Hokage, wonder why they weren't included. OK can understand Kushina, it's possible Kabuto didn't know about her, but he definitely knew Jiraiya, and if he knew about Dan he probably knew about the White Fang too.

Sakura is part of the mid/close range figters division? Hmm odd, I know she can fight with the best of them, but she's also one of the best medics on board as well, I guess they probably did a coin toss to decide her fate.

I'm surprised Naruto is training to control the Chakra lready, would have thought he'd be trying to knock some sense in the Kyuubi first, oh well i'm sure we'll find out what's happening with the two later.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

All I have to say about the chapter is holy ****. argh1.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

I was wondering how in the world they're going to kill the revived shinobi as well. I don't know of anyone else who knows the Death God Seal.

Considering who's been revived, I'm really concerned about how the battles will play out. I'd rather see just a glimpse of Asuma vs. InoShikaChou and no Sakura vs. Chiyo. The former will be a very brief tear-jerker at best, and I don't find the later particularly entertaining. I personally would much rather see Sakura vs. Kabuto, as they're both medical ninjas and it would make for a more exciting battle, seeing as how it can go either way.

I'm also worried that this could turn into Bleach, where we see a few chapters of minor character vs. minor antagonist and repeat with a different set. It became incredibly boring and tedious with Bleach, and dragged whatever story it had down to Davy Jones' Locker. I really hope this will play out like an actual war, where it's mostly one squadron vs another, using strategy, and maybe a duel here and there on the side. Doing so would also add to drama for all characters, instead of a marathon of DBZ fights. The one that happened with Bleach lasted nearly two years if I remember correctly, and if Kishimoto decides to do the exact same thing....I'm looking at 5. AT LEAST arg.gif

To be fair though, for the most part Kishimoto has in my mind done everything he's supposed to do (if not perfectly), so I think this arc does have potential to be really good. I have a feeling it may not be the last though, as hard as it is to believe...

#12 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Nov 3 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh No he didn't --Click here to view--

Wonder why non of the Hokage's were summoned, could it be because they can't be bought back if inside the Shinigami's stomach, but if that's the case who was Orichimaru going to summon that scared the Third Hokage so much?

If I'm not mistaken he was going to bring Minato.

And on the side note, i starting to think more and more that the final cofin have sage of the six paths inside of it.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#13 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

Out already? Well I have the same opinion as I've typed in the spoiler for this chapter. I'll probably post a copy of it later.

Anyways, chapter was good, looking forward to next weeks chapter.

#14 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Thanks kishimoto --Click here to view--
after so many chapter we finally have some ShikaTem

and it was priceless

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Nov 2 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally would much rather see Sakura vs. Kabuto, as they're both medical ninjas and it would make for a more exciting battle, seeing as how it can go either way.

I'm also worried that this could turn into Bleach, where we see a few chapters of minor character vs. minor antagonist and repeat with a different set. It became incredibly boring and tedious with Bleach, and dragged whatever story it had down to Davy Jones' Locker. I really hope this will play out like an actual war, where it's mostly one squadron vs another, using strategy, and maybe a duel here and there on the side. Doing so would also add to drama for all characters, instead of a marathon of DBZ fights. The one that happened with Bleach lasted nearly two years if I remember correctly, and if Kishimoto decides to do the exact same thing....I'm looking at 5. AT LEAST arg.gif

I agree. I'd rather see the fights mixed up, new opponents, instead of cliched rematches. (Sakura vs. Kabuto instead of vs. Chiyo) But I could see it playing out either way, so I won't get my hopes up.

The chuninn match and the rescue Sasuke arcs were set up in that same fashion. Minors characters fighting building to bigger battles. I wasn't reading the manga then. Does anyone remember how long those took to play out?

Also, were those new countries named on the map? Hot Springs? Rock? I've been looking at the geography lately for my little fanfic, and I don't remember those being officially named in the manga. (Anime doesn't count!) Nobody else may care about this but me, tho. sleep.gif

Edited by tricksie, 02 November 2010 - 11:31 PM.

#16 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (hypno toad @ Nov 2 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have one word Jiraiya

Figure there are 3 ways this can go:
1) He just aint there dry.gif
2) Kisame has to be resurrected first, so that shark-boy can search
the depths of the ocean (or lake? I forget) to actually acquire Jiraiya's body
3) Kabuto is holding Jiraiya as a surprise, to really get Naruto mad later in the game.

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

Just bring everybody back, Kishi.

They never died. In fact.. hold on..

*rummages around*

AH HA I FOUND IT.

Edo Tensei for Idiots. And technically, you can't bring back Minato or Sarutobi. Their souls are not on this plane.

#18 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

The anticipation is mounting. Where will the story go next, Kishi?

@Davidos - Actually, the Shiki Fuin is the only jutsu shown SO FAR that can remove a person's bound soul. There may be other ways to do it but they haven't been shown yet. But I personally think that this is a jutsu that Naruto will learn, and if a format played out similar to what tricksie suggested, it could end up being made into mini arcs where Naruto (and whatever group is with him) setting out to free the souls of everyone brought back by Edo Tensei.

@harry4e - Technically, Naruto no longer has to interact with the Nine-tails anymore. He can call upon the fox's chakra at any time. He will encounter the fox again, just not right now. Now it's about getting its chakra under control.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#19 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Ninja villages --Click here to view--
I don't think they were ever on a map before now but we didn't know where the whirlpool village was either. Kakuzu was from Hot Springs though i believe

Edited by Verilance, 02 November 2010 - 11:43 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#20 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 2 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I'd rather see the fights mixed up, new opponents, instead of cliched rematches. (Sakura vs. Kabuto instead of vs. Chiyo) But I could see it playing out either way, so I won't get my hopes up.

The chuninn match and the rescue Sasuke arcs were set up in that same fashion. Minors characters fighting building to bigger battles. I wasn't reading the manga then. Does anyone remember how long those took to play out?

Also, were those new countries named on the map? Hot Springs? Rock? I've been looking at the geography lately for my little fanfic, and I don't remember those being officially named in the manga. (Anime doesn't count!) Nobody else may care about this but me, tho. sleep.gif

The thing is that the chunin exams had a rather interesting written test, plus a survivor-type thing in a forest, THEN the fighting. However, it was tournament style, with one battle over before we could even see it, and there was a month-break for Naruto to learn new jutsus. Then we had the first few rounds of the finals. Which was followed by a brief terrorist attack (wouldn't call it a war exactly, unless it could be compared to Israel's 6 day war). Plus, the arc gave us significant story and character development, both during and in later arcs. While it did take quite a few volumes, at least the setting moved and the main characters were not completely forgotten.

The Sasuke retreival arc was fairly brief in my opinion. There were only five opponents, all of which were dealt with in a reasonable amount of time. Plus, we got to see new abilities vs ones we've seen but fleshed out. That might be a possibility for this one, but I'd imagine with the exception of maybe Nagato, those that are now undead have already pulled out all their cards. Back to Sasuke retrieval, when new characters were added to the fight, they were either dealt with quickly, or finished the fights quickly. Plus, it still didn't forget who the main characters were, not to mention had character development and important plot points. This one only lasted maybe 3 volumes; and in the anime it actually moved things along quicker. None of them were a year+ of non-stop fighting.

I'm fairly hopeful though that Kishimoto won't drag this out in a 1vs1 sense; unlike Kubo, who tried too hard to give each and every character a chance to shine to the point where I didn't care, Kishimoto actually focuses on those relevant in the arc, and should he choose a minor character to fight it's not without reason. Especially since Kishimoto has been placing emphasis on Teamwork again, which I don't think we've seen in Part two since its first arc.

Yeah, I also think the geography in the context of what Kishimoto established before hand looks a bit off. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users