Episode 182 is out !

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

I'm surprised to say this episode was really good, one of the best fillers I ever saw in my life, Gaara sure know how to save an episode laugh.gif And wtf? in next episode konoha will turn in racoon city because of Naruto?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Why can't they all be like this? Reasonable plot, characters we care about, more time devoted the suspense between the main characters than the nameless people we'll never see again. All good! I wish they'd give Sakura more screen time as a productive member of the team, and less as the "harping girl." But, eh - that's just my wishful thinking. Next episode looks like an animated fanfic, though. So, yeah.... I'll be watching that one! heheelq7.png

Edited by tricksie, 21 October 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#4 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

I just saw the first five minutes or so (before the opening song) and the characterization and contradiction with canon was the absolute worst yet.

Sakura- acts worse than she ever did, even at the start of chapter 3 and is dumbed down too, the line they gave Sasuke should have been Sakura's, she's the smartest of the three, and observant about anything like that.
Naruto- acts much rude and stupid than his character is supossed to be
Sasuke- Mr. Perfect, and please, Sasuke at this point was so filled with rage that Naruto had surpassed him with the rassengen and was at near psychotic breaking point. Being generous Sasuke should been the rude one, making verbal insults at Gaara (like he did during the Chunnin exams) and making sneering comments about the alliance (remember he thinks bonds make one weak...) If Sasuke's awake then Tsunade is Hokage too, they aren't without a Hokage at this point.

It was so FAIL.

Edited by ciardha, 21 October 2010 - 04:10 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#5 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Well…not the worst because we can see Gaara some more and I never get tired to hear him almost worshipping Naruto laugh.gif

However, I have to agree with Ciardha, the characterization is a total fail. I’m tired to see, at this point where the time line is set, Naruto being portrait more stupid and obvious ( OK, he has his moment but he’s not THAT bad), Sakura still on fangirl mode. As for Sasuke, I think that it’s the worst ever …I mean, it is after Gaara’s attack and before the VOTE and of what I remember, Sasuke was either unconscious or on the avenger mode so I find it hard to believe what we saw in this episode.

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 21 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw the first five minutes or so (before the opening song) and the characterization and contradiction with canon was the absolute worst yet.

Sakura- acts worse than she ever did, even at the start of chapter 3 and is dumbed down too
Naruto- acts much rude and stupid than his character is supossed to be
Sasuke- Mr. Perfect, and please, Sasuke at this point was so filled with rage that Naruto had surpassed him with the rassengen

Well you can't ask for a filler to be perfect ciardha, I don't even know if it's possible. But if you watch the episode a little further the characters interaction gets a little better

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

^ I have to say, I completely disagree.... with serenity and ciardha.

The characterizations aren't the worst I've seen. Seriously. (Naruto's not pissing into the air, for starters. Any part one episode/filler that leaves out his bodily functions is a plus in my book.)

This is the first filler episode in a long time that I didn't get 10 minutes in and started wishing it was over. And I like this one a lot better than the last few.

Naruto is rude. Par for the course. At least there's no potty humor. But let's face it, Naruto is a rude kid for most of part one. To me, it was nothing out of the ordinary. And it was nice to see him be marginally aggressive, throwing the rock at Gaara, and then full-on nail the sand guy.

Sasuke saved Naruto without one put-down. Just automatically jumped in. And Sasuke not slamming Naruto is a rarely-seen event.

Sakura. Well, that's damned near a lost cause. It's been 10 years. And the only ones that love her in this story are Naruto, sometimes Kishi, and us. And that's it. Her characterization here was grating, but nothing out of the ordinary b.s. we're subjected to in the anime (imho).

Anyway, ciardha, it's worth it to hang in there just to catch the preview of next week's episode. Total fanfic. Maybe.

preview thoughts --Click here to view--
Naruto is sick with something and has infected Sakura, if I'm understanding it correctly. (Just re-watched it. I thought that was Naruto coming to stand at her bedside, but now I think it might be one of the medics in the suits. Meh.)

edited to make clear who I'm disagreeing with

Edited by tricksie, 21 October 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Oct 21 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ I have to say, I completely disagree.

The characterizations aren't the worst I've seen. Seriously. (Naruto's not pissing into the air, for starters. Any part one episode/filler that leaves out his bodily functions is a plus in my book.)

This is the first filler episode in a long time that I didn't get 10 minutes in and started wishing it was over. And I like this one a lot better than the last few.

Naruto is rude. Par for the course. At least there's no potty humor. But let's face it, Naruto is a rude kid for most of part one. To me, it was nothing out of the ordinary. And it was nice to see him be marginally aggressive, throwing the rock at Gaara, and then full-on nail the sand guy.

Sasuke saved Naruto without one put-down. Just automatically jumped in. And Sasuke not slamming Naruto is a rarely-seen event.

Sakura. Well, that's damned near a lost cause. It's been 10 years. And the only ones that love her in this story are Naruto, sometimes Kishi, and us. And that's it. Her characterization here was grating, but nothing out of the ordinary b.s. we're subjected to in the anime (imho).

Anyway, ciardha, it's worth it to hang in there just to catch the preview of next week's episode. Total fanfic. Maybe.

preview thoughts --Click here to view--
Naruto is sick with something and has infected Sakura, if I'm understanding it correctly. (Just re-watched it. I thought that was Naruto coming to stand at her bedside, but now I think it might be one of the medics in the suits. Meh.)

Calm down tricksie, I'm not saying I didn't liked the episode, quite the contrary i really liked, actually, as an filler episode, is my second favourite, only losing to the kakashi mask filler. All I was saying was that Ciardha should give the episode a chance, thats all.

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Oct 21 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Calm down tricksie, I'm not saying I didn't liked the episode, quite the contrary i really liked, actually, as an filler episode, is my second favourite, only losing to the kakashi mask filler. All I was saying was that Ciardha should give the episode a chance, thats all.

biggrin.gif Sorry, not you. Must have posted at the same time. (Yours wasn't there when I responded.)

#10 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I have ato agree with Ciardha and Serenity on this one.

The first 10 minutes is Root canal without benefit of anasthetic painful. Sakura is every Sakura haters dream depiction of her, kitteny, uneesscarily snarky to naruto, fangirl squealy, and basically a useless and pointless addition to the team.

Sasuke of all the characters is the only one that basically stays in character at all aside form kakashi, and even that is incongrous with the story as this would have had to happen within a VERRRRRRRRRRY narrow window between the end of the sand/sound invasion and when Itachi and Kisame appeared.

Naruto is just plain obnoxious. I mean seriously this isnt Naruto that is a downright rude and acidic and immature little bastard, and the Naruto of that time frame in canon was growing and maturing steaidlly.

hell he even gives Sakura attitude on at least two occasions.

Its like the animators int his one decided to just pour as much crap as they could on the NaruSaku relationship (not the pairing so much as the development between them) in a bowl and mix it with a bit of gaara development and bonds story to sweeten the flavor a bit.

All told an example of epic fail in a filler episode at its worst.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 21 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have ato agree with Ciardha and Serenity on this one.

The first 10 minutes is Root canal without benefit of anasthetic painful. Sakura is every Sakura haters dream depiction of her, kitteny, uneesscarily snarky to naruto, fangirl squealy, and basically a useless and pointless addition to the team.

Sasuke of all the characters is the only one that basically stays in character at all aside form kakashi, and even that is incongrous with the story as this would have had to happen within a VERRRRRRRRRRY narrow window between the end of the sand/sound invasion and when Itachi and Kisame appeared.

Naruto is just plain obnoxious. I mean seriously this isnt Naruto that is a downright rude and acidic and immature little bastard, and the Naruto of that time frame in canon was growing and maturing steaidlly.

hell he even gives Sakura attitude on at least two occasions.

Its like the animators int his one decided to just pour as much crap as they could on the NaruSaku relationship (not the pairing so much as the development between them) in a bowl and mix it with a bit of gaara development and bonds story to sweeten the flavor a bit.

All told an example of epic fail in a filler episode at its worst.

I personally didn't found them too different of their behavior from part 1, I mean, yeah, Naruto and Sakura were acting a little annoying at the beginning of the episode, but you gotta adimit they still imature at that part of the history, if you want them to stay 100% OC during the fillers, then you would need to ask Kishimoto himself to do all the scripts. But them again I'm not defending fillers on Naruto, to me 90% of them were utter crap, but i found this episode likeble when you compare it with the others.

#12 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

This episode was okay but the animators keep bashing and ignoring Sakura so much, it's not funny. Even during the fights, we only see the guys fighting but Sakura gets pushed to the background. At least next week, looks like Sakura is not getting ignored and it looks like it's after the VotE.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

These fillers pretty show that the animators could care less about Sakura and they are giving haters a field trip they are turning the NS franchise into a complete joke. Are they looking to get fan hate mail or something? god Kishi is probably face faulting with every episode Pierot airs. facepalm.png

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 October 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Oct 21 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This episode was okay but the animators keep bashing and ignoring Sakura so much, it's not funny. Even during the fights, we only see the guys fighting but Sakura gets pushed to the background. At least next week, looks like Sakura is not getting ignored and it looks like it's after the VotE.

This was my biggest problem with it. They completely ignored her. But I am beginning to feel like a broken record because it's my biggest beef with every episode/arc/interaction.

On the other hand, Kakashi smiling past the electric arc was great. He's so often portrayed as this laid back dude that everyone is afraid of. It's nice to see him dealing some pain. In that respect, he has a great deal in common with Sasuke. Wildly powerful, slightly arrogant. Sasuke just has too much arrogance.

Also it's nice to see Sasuke acting powerful without hating him for it. Most of his amazing skill is wasted in fights were he is the enemy or on the enemy's side. So as a character, he's really hard to get behind. (I blame some shoddy crafting on Kishimoto's part. Not enough time developing his character in the manga. So we never like him as much as he obviously does.)

( sweatdrop.gif I think I'm putting so much thought into this because I have a fanfic chapter to finish! sweatdrop.gif )

#15 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

I wonder what the heck they're gonna tie the next episode into O.o

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

This Episode is the perfect example of why this Anime has gone downhill.

-Lazy Animation and Voice Work
-Piss Poor Characterizations (Sakura acting meaner than she already is, Naruto being dumber than he really is)
-Stupid Filler Plots Worse Than The Original Anime
-Padding

I watched this Episode hoping this anime had gotten better since I last watched it but sadly I was wrong.

uc.png

#17 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

Wow... I don't know what to say about this episode... it's so out of context it's not even funny, this episode was like a bad fact fiction or something, everyone was acting too OOC, what's up with Sakura acting more like a b*tch than she usually does and why is Naruto even dumber than usual? I'm just going to stop watching these stupid fillers until they get back on track... dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#18 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

I got annoyed with Sakura too, but that doesn't mean this is overall a bad episode. The really oO part for Naruto was when he threw the rock at Gaara. I mean, whut? I laughed when Kakashi pulled him by the ear then. In comparison to what we got part 1, this is still pretty good. At least they aren't trying to introduce some insane villains with stupid power ups. This filler episode actually made some sense, and they are trying to tie it into what is happening now. I do wish they would show more of the current storyline, show more about how everyone is trying to fix up the village, but they do it a little so I guess it is ok. The animators chose a good spot to add in filler, of course we all have our descrepencies and what-not and they are definitely not doing the best job they can, but so far they aren't infuriating me. I called it that this would be a filler arc/season when they changed the ED and it had team Gai fighting XD Tenten is a good indicator of a filler, it seems.

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Yep more fillers are heading our way we're doom! arg.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 pharix

pharix