#121 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 22 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hohenheim knew about the Hiroshima/Nagasaki attacks? huh.gif When was that established? I must have missed something.

I haven't watched the original anime in a while, but I recall that series' Hohenheim giving Ed a lecture on how violent our world is, and then mentioning how the worst was yet to come, and then showing a picture of the famous mushroom cloud from the attacks.

And yes, it was implied that they got together.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I sort of assumed something would come of those two after Al protected her from Father's attack, and how she was crying over him, but the only real pairing I remember really becoming 'confirmed' was EdWin. Royza seemed pretty obvious too, but I don't recall that pairing getting an official conclusion either. But oh well, I'll considering Al/May and Royza the two 'pretty-much-canon-but-not-exactly' pairings of the series. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kim @ Oct 23 2011, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I speak German, too. It's not my first, but my third language. That would make Spanish my fourth, I guess. biggrin.gif I agree the anime sounds a little ridiculous Spanish dubbed, you should try the Latin America dub. It doesn't sound as soap-operish, at least to me.

You're tetra-lingual?? Wow, that's impressive! Where I come from, it's pretty rare to see someone speak two languages, much less four. It's nice to see people who care to speak that many languages. happy.gif

And yeah, I should probably give the Spanish dub another chance. Most of the employees where I work are native Spanish speakers, so I should probably brush up on it a little for them. Especially since I'm technically supposed to be managing them. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 23 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#122 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Oct 23 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I sort of assumed something would come of those two after Al protected her from Father's attack, and how she was crying over him, but the only real pairing I remember really becoming 'confirmed' was EdWin. Royza seemed pretty obvious too, but I don't recall that pairing getting an official conclusion either. But oh well, I'll considering Al/May and Royza the two 'pretty-much-canon-but-not-exactly' pairings of the series. tongue.gif

Royzai (my favorite pairing ever; yes even more so than NaruSaku) was never confirmed. In fact Arakawa said that they didn't get together at the end of the series because Mustang was still trying to become Furher. Makes me want to smack him. I would kill for Riza.

You know what? I hereby claim Riza Hawkeye, <<
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#123 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

In general, FMABrotherhood kinda skimmed over the parts the original Anime went over, and went to more detail on the events that the original diverged from.... Also, Promise Day Arc ftw.

#124 Jena

Jena

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Oct 24 2011, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Royzai (my favorite pairing ever; yes even more so than NaruSaku) was never confirmed. In fact Arakawa said that they didn't get together at the end of the series because Mustang was still trying to become Furher. Makes me want to smack him. I would kill for Riza.

You know what? I hereby claim Riza Hawkeye, <<

This paring is so kittening canon in my mind that I don't care was Arakawa says.

How can you not love them?

#125 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Jena @ Oct 24 2011, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This paring is so kittening canon in my mind that I don't care was Arakawa says.

How can you not love them?

...So wait... RoyRiza wasn't confirmed canon, but EdWin was?

I call foul.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#126 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

As long as it got EdWin, I couldn't care less about Roy, really. He seemed extremely bland once you fleshed him out :/ "I will do this" and "I will do that", and he just set anything on fire that got in his way. Perhaps, if he had more complexity to him then "GRRRR" and "(not) GRRRR", I would've cared more that he went blind.

#127 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 28 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as it got EdWin, I couldn't care less about Roy, really. He seemed extremely bland once you fleshed him out :/ "I will do this" and "I will do that", and he just set anything on fire that got in his way. Perhaps, if he had more complexity to him then "GRRRR" and "(not) GRRRR", I would've cared more that he went blind.

*shrugs* Roy's my favorite character personally (besides Greed). But I see your point.

AboojTi.gif

#128 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 28 2011, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shrugs* Roy's my favorite character personally (besides Greed). But I see your point.

I can see your point as well; he's given a lot of the 'Bad Assery' moments, and who doesn't want to snap their fingers and set things on fire? Hell, even BioShock caught on to that secret, huge demographic.

#129 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 28 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see your point as well; he's given a lot of the 'Bad Assery' moments, and who doesn't want to snap their fingers and set things on fire? Hell, even BioShock caught on to that secret, huge demographic.

laugh.gif Yeah. I'm curious on this myself though: who's your favorite character in the series?

AboojTi.gif

#130 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 29 2011, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Yeah. I'm curious on this myself though: who's your favorite character in the series?

Ed, Al, Envy,Greed. cool.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#131 Jena

Jena

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 28 2011, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Alphonse is my favorite. But it's pretty hard for me to choose sweatdrop.gif I love almost every character.

#132 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 29 2011, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I like Winry the most. Like Sakura, she's a very nice character but suffers unbelievable bashing. My second favorite id definitely Ed.

Edited by Kim, 02 November 2011 - 08:21 AM.

#133 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Oct 29 2011, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DUHHHH ED BECAUSE HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER.

I like the badass gals. You know, Izumi, Olivier, Lan Fan :3

JA2DBzd.png

#134 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (ChidoriLuv @ Nov 2 2011, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DUHHHH ED BECAUSE HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER.

I like the badass gals. You know, Izumi, Olivier, Lan Fan :3

Then why don't you add Riza to your list? wink.gif

I got the dvds and and still collecting the manga laugh.gif CAUSE IT'S MY FAVORITE (along with Naruto but Naruto will take a long time and cost a FORTUNE to buy everything) sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 November 2011 - 03:07 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#135 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 5 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why don't you add Riza to your list? wink.gif

May God strike me dead once again. I can't believe I forgot about her arg.gif

JA2DBzd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users