41 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

The head of the Centers for Disease Control is comparing the Ebola epidemic in West Africa to a different epidemic the world first saw some three decades ago: AIDS.

In remarks Thursday before the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, CDC Director Tom Frieden emphasized how quickly the situation with Ebola is changing in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

In the 30 years Ive been working in public health, the only thing like this has been AIDS, Frieden said. We have to work now so this is not the worlds next AIDS.

lk: http://www.politico....cdc-111739.html

#2 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

Well...if the Ebola spreads like AIDS Billions will die...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#3 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

I have to admit, the Ebola thing kind of has me scared. :ermm: Especially since it made it into the U.S thanks to the irresponsibility of some people. TBH, no one should be allowed out of West Africa. That would really help contain it. We let someone from there into the U.S without waiting to see if he caught the disease and look what happened? As far as I know it hasn't really spread...It's still only in Texas, I think? I hope?
I've heard things by word of mouth that there's a dog who has it and someone in Washington D.C. But again, word-of-mouth. I have yet to see if these are true. Man...I hope either a cure/vaccine is made reallllllly soon or they successfully contain it and keep it from spreading.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#4 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:48 AM

It seems like it's not harming us now... but the next thing you know the world is ending o_o

I was actually playing this "Infection" game on my iPod recently :P Ebola could spread really quickly and dangerously. The symptoms don't sound good either :/

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#5 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

Whoa, hold your horses there. It's similar to AIDS in the following respects:
1. It "came"/originated in epidemic-form in the African continent.

2. It is transferable through human fluids.

However, unlike HIV/AIDS, it does not knock out your immune system; it just wrecks all the other systems with a sledgehammer, and makes you bleed and ooze from several orifices. It can be cured as of current, unlike HIV/AIDS.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 10 October 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#6 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

real question is why has this never been seen before.

#7 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

there have already been infected people in USA and EU.. it`s terrifying.

yesterday I watched some news about people with Ebola in Makedonia.. hope we`ll find a cure.

6c8623224615.gif     

#8 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

real question is why has this never been seen before.

Ebola has actually been around for a loooooooooooooong time. It's just that this is the worst outbreak that we've ever had of it.

The one case in the U.S has passed away as of yesterday...so if that was the only person who had Ebola in the U.S, then it's officially out of our country. Which would allow us to breathe a little easier...even if it is a tragic case.

But America needs to NOT allow planes from West Africa into America. :ermm:
Since it can take up to 21 days for symptoms to show and people lie (like that man did) their current system of trying to keep Ebola out of the U.S is extremely weak. Taking people's temperatures and asking if they had contact with anyone who had Ebola is not the way to keep it out of the U.S.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#9 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

this is really starting to scare me. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#10 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

this is really starting to scare me. 

Don't let it get to you, the people who have it in other countries are contained from the start and then the people they have made contact with are also watch over.

We also have an experimental drug that pretty much works.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#11 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

All we could do now is to take precautions. I'm glad that it hasn't reach my country yet since the officials are monitoring things thoroughly. 

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Ebola has actually been around for a loooooooooooooong time. It's just that this is the worst outbreak that we've ever had of it.

The one case in the U.S has passed away as of yesterday...so if that was the only person who had Ebola in the U.S, then it's officially out of our country. Which would allow us to breathe a little easier...even if it is a tragic case.
But America needs to NOT allow planes from West Africa into America. :ermm:
Since it can take up to 21 days for symptoms to show and people lie (like that man did) their current system of trying to keep Ebola out of the U.S is extremely weak. Taking people's temperatures and asking if they had contact with anyone who had Ebola is not the way to keep it out of the U.S.

Ebola became a named disease in the 70's and, as you say, there have been other outbreaks. It's just none of them have been this bad.

I don't know how airport screeners are going to get around those who lie. They clearly made no effort to follow up and you can suppress a fever easily. Also, the thermal scanners are of dubious value. The people who clean planes are striking at either O'hare or La Graudia (I forget). I can't say I blame them.

We also have an experimental drug that pretty much works.

There is more than one such drug. Zmapp is the one that worked on Dr. Brantley and his nurse. Duncan was given a different experimental drug hat just got rush approval from the FDA drug and he died anyway. Such drugs are (a) still experimental and (b) in very short supply. That they worked for Brantley is not sufficient to say it will work for others at an acceptable rate.

It's something, but too early to say, okay we got it covered. Especially with the short supply.

#13 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

Pretty scary desease :(

Funny fact though.. everytime i hear infected, pandemic and spread-infection.....ZOMBIES come to my mind....

Too many horror movies  :sweatdrop:

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#14 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

i think ..i will start going from now on  on street with a mask on my face

how idiot and irresponsible can someone be to go in west africa where the area is known to have ebola epidemics and risk their lives like that?then come back to europe  without demanding thoroughly analysis ...are they not thinking that they could simply jeopardize the fate of an entire continent?  ebola is highly contagious,more contagious than hiv,you can get it even if you sit in the close range of an infected person who doesnt display symptoms ..1 person is enough to infect an entire country..so no ebola cant be called the new aids,its actualy worst than aids

#15 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

i think ..i will start going from now on  on street with a mask on my face

how idiot and irresponsible can someone be to go in west africa where the area is known to have ebola epidemics and risk their lives like that?then come back to europe  without demanding thoroughly analysis ...are they not thinking that they could simply jeopardize the fate of an entire continent?  ebola is highly contagious,more contagious than hiv,you can get it even if you sit in the close range of an infected person who doesnt display symptoms ..1 person is enough to infect an entire country..so no ebola cant be called the new aids,its actualy worst than aids

Just want to point out the people who are going there are doctors trying to save those people.

#16 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Just want to point out the people who are going there are doctors trying to save those people.

but when they come back to other continents why dont they make cautious thoroughly analysis to see if they caught anything?why dont they take measures not to put in danger the lives of the people from their own town or country?

Edited by natalieuciha, 10 October 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#17 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

but when they come back to other continents why dont they make cautious thoroughly analysis to see if they caught anything?why dont they take measures not to put in danger the lives of the people from their own town or country?

Im not sure what the procedure is for analyzing Ebola which may take a few days to actually show any signs of being there in the first place.

Someone might be able to give you a run down of it.

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

Im not sure what the procedure is for analyzing Ebola which may take a few days to actually show any signs of being there in the first place.

It can be more than a few days. The incubation period can be as long as 21 days.

#19 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

then they should obligatory keep them in a quarantined place for a week or two,or three ,as long as it needs..the heck..what is this?are they realy that incompetent?

Edited by natalieuciha, 10 October 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#20 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

The simple way for Americans to avoid Ebola:

1 - Cut off travel to other countries

2 - Get a new U.S President.

Problem solved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic