80 replies to this topic

#21 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

I brought this up in the 500 thread, but I'm surprised Boruto even has the Tenseigan as an adult when he has a scar over it.

I just assumed it was a transplant

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

It seems rather anticlimactic now. It's like a replacement more than inherited if he ends up getting another eye for whatever reason.

#23 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

Did I understood that right? They destroyed Naruto's monument I presume he Hokage face, with a train that was supposed to hit the academy?

i skimmed the episode but i didn't see that  :down:

#24 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

Scary when mad?
Maybe she starts bawling and that's what scary. She's pretty good at that.  :ermm: SP is basically trying to cover the canon fact that Hinaturd is a terrible mother who can't raise her children right.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#25 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

Did I understood that right? They destroyed Naruto's monument I presume he Hokage face, with a train that was supposed to hit the academy?

LOL epic fails all around I'm dead

#26 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Boruto right byakugan eye feels a lot like Kakashi story, maybe this Kawaki guy transplant his eye into Boruto that's why they both have similar eye and tattoo ... i mean in Naruto logic if someone like hyuga or uchiha awaken their eye both eye will activated at the same time , so one can't activate 1 eye and turn off the other. Still they really desperate for fans and popularity , just looking at Sasuke's headband and sword , scar in right eye like Kakashi , and the son of previous protagonist Naruto, their idea is Mixing everything from old popular character into blender and turn it into (supposedly delicious juice) a cool kid ....

tumblr_onyhg3TIeB1vv1g70o1_500.gif

That's from tumblr and i bet it's from this episode 1 ... just looking at the art is really good that it's makes me mad as far as i can remember even though i have long stop watching Naruto i never saw Naruto being draw with that quality even once .... And from tumblr and myanimelist all comment is very positive as always zero anti comment , i think Boruto will last pretty long at least the anime with art like that and throw some good action or SNS scene .....

Out of topic i heard cockroach is already here on earth long ago when dinosaur still walk this earth and they survive meteor crash that make Dinosaur goes extinct .... cockroach really is tough insect and hard to die if this true ...

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

Well it's not the first time they've tried to make Hinata into Sakura. :zaru:  Pierot has always hated Sakura and yet they turn their Hyuuga Goddess into what they hate bunch of hypocrites it's pathetic.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

Sp really did put their best men in charge of Boruto or at least their best director. Even just seeing the image that yyubie has in his post you can tell that a lot of detail was put into the animation of this episode. It always sad to see such talent wasted on crap.

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

I'm just worried for Black Clover. That series seriously needs that budget they're wasting on a budgeted slice of life. Their last two adaptations didn't do good from what I heard.

#30 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Yes.

I don't know about you guys, but to me that's just a message from SP/whoever the hell is in charge. The message is "Screw Naruto, make room for our new money maker." - However, it's not going to be the next money maker.

I brought this up in the 500 thread, but I'm surprised Boruto even has the Tenseigan as an adult when he has a scar over it.

I just assumed it was a transplant

He's a failed Hyuuga. He couldn't awaken his own Byakugan, so he need a transplant.

Who's the mother again?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#31 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

I don't know about you guys, but to me that's just a message from SP/whoever the hell is in charge. The message is "Screw Naruto, make room for our new money maker." - However, it's not going to be the next money maker.

He's a failed Hyuuga. He couldn't awaken his own Byakugan, so he need a transplant.
Who's the mother again?

Did you watch the episode? He did awaken the Byakugan/Tenseigan on his own. Turned out it wasn't a transplant.

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sorry Hima....something. Only boys can get the good stuff.

#33 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

I just don't understand how he awakened it before he became a Genin but won't be able to use it again until he is a adult. And for that matter why is it only in one eye?

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

I just don't understand how he awakened it before he became a Genin but won't be able to use it again until he is a adult. And for that matter why is it only in one eye?

I think that was an idea from the anime writer or director. As Lucky keeps mentioning the director of Boruto also directed Bleach. Now Bleach's filler used and expand on ideas from the manga and turning it into multiple filler arcs remember those soul pills that take over a reaper's body in the manga other then Kon it was barely ever used, but in a anime they made several characters and arcs based of that concept. So that director is doing the same here taking an idea from the manga the byakugan in Bolt's right eye and using it to create his filler. Since Bolt was able to see The effeminate one spirit he decided that bolt can see evil possessing spirits to make his monster of the week.

Now Bolt did have byakugan in his eye in the manga when he was older now as why that's a tensegan now? Well it was only used in the movie as a power to justify  the villain's strength and give more importance to the hyuga that they never had in the story before. Beyond that it was probably never going to be used again. So the director decided, "why not use it?" Though with the scar on his eye like Kakashi, the manga was clearly signaling that its a transplant. So this screws over the manga staff. Which is fine by me because I don't think they could write a good story about even that.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 April 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#35 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

It feels out of nowhere, maybe because of how it works. I got a real bad feeling about son of man crap...

#36 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

It feels out of nowhere, maybe because of how it works. I got a real bad feeling about son of man crap...

I completely agree with you there.  Fun fact even Sawyer thought it was  out of left field for them to incorporate it when the movie didn't hint at it whatsoever. 

btw i looked over the boruto manga again while i was Barnes and noble to pick up some of the volumes for Bleach, and surprisingly the entire 1st volume isn't really recap.  Aside from the first 3 or 4 pages from Chapter 1,  there is the Mitsuki one shot chapter that came out a long time ago and that is placed right after chapter 3 when the chunin Exams take place. 

I mean it's cool I guess, but that the same time it just shows you how bad the art is when you transition from Boruto chaptr 3 drawn by Ikemoto to The Moon Path Oneshot written and drawn by Kishi.

I guess that's one way they wanna try to sell in the volume by saying hey look we the first 4 pages of new material, and a new one shot chapter revolved around Mitsuki written and drawn by Kishi... It's cool I'll give it that much, but I don't think 4 pages of new material and a one shot chapter is gonna be enough to sell the first volume since like 71% of the volume is purely a recap of something most people have already seen especially since it came out on Bluray recently. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#37 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Had this on another topic:

So is anyone going to watch the first episode. *sigh* Skimming through it once I get sick of watching it: Oh they are starting off with the fight scene they really are the predictable, great. End of the age of shinobi everyone. Oh they are fighting on Naruto's ruined face on the hokage monument. so the tattoos can plus/glow with power. The animation isn't bad from what I can see...but then again I can rarely tell if animation if good or not.

Oh in the opening there are three new kids I haven't seen before, a girl that with Salad and at least two boys that react to Bolt walking by, so a new team or two. Get ready the pedophile will probably be adding them to the manga at some point. Huh when they are showing the adults they don't show hinata, i guess those are the ones that are still ninja, so Sakura is still a ninja I think.

Ok actual episode's story start with bolt running...to get a limited edition green chili hamburger. Naruto neglected his work so he has to work over the night to fill out all the paper work for the entrance ceremony. Why doesn't the hokage have a staff? They always have the hokage doing a large amount of paper work because I assume that what SP and Kishimoto think an office job is, but why does the hokages never have a staff to help with the paper work? Shika calls the ninja academy old fashion, bolt wasn't told because Naruto is always busy, and Hinata ask Shika to watch out for her son, then makes a train analogy.

So one of the new kids is bullied by a group. So bolt could use shadow clones before he even became a ninja...Why was Naruto shocked he could do that then in the movie? New kids father owns a the biggest company in the land -the railroad company- and wants his kids to learn ninjutsu. Bolt tell him to disobey his father and bring up wait for it everyone...his issue with his father Naruto. *sigh* 8 minutes into the episode. He then boast that even if he disobey his father he doesn't get punished, and continues to tell the boy to disobey his father saying basically what's the worst that could happen. So he is in fact a spoiled brat that needs a good beating. Bolt freaks out when he realizes the time and that his is about to disobey one of his mom's rules. The boy actually point this out. So Bolt is a hypocrite that tries to sell his twisted views on others that he doesn't even follow. "She gets really scary when she is mad!" Does anyone believe that Hinata can get mad enough to be scary. So that is another thing they stole from Sakura and gave to hinata. Hinata looks more like someone older sister then a mother. Wait Bolt is just enrolling into the academy? He looks like he does in the movie/manga! Naruto and the other were in the academy since they were at least 6, what age is bolt right now 10, 11, or 12. HAHAHAHA Hinata got to know Naruto at the academy! So another retcon. Then again she might think her stalking was a good thing, she also apparently constantly brings it up.

So the kid follows Bolt's advice and get punished for it. Skipping. He get possessed by some evil something. Bolt left eye has the byakugan and can see the evil that is possessing the boy. So those who are wondering how Bolt has a byakugan it's his own he just has it in his right eye, he just has that scar because it looks cool. Also it doesn't even look like the byakugan. Skipping Some fight on the train skipping. ( 8 minute long fight)

Bolt is late for the academy. So they kept Anko as she was in the ending. Oh the train was damage in the fight so in order to get to the academy they charge it off the rails... instead of hitting the academy it hits Naruto's monument.

Also Lucky did a review on youtube.

Didn't watch the episode and I don't intend to, but I've been calling out the stupidity of Naruto "having too much paperwork" since the manga ending. A dude who can appear in 1000 places at once should have ZERO problem with getting paperwork, especially if it wasn't that big of a deal for the previous hokages. This is the dude who learned nature manipulation (what Kakashi said would usually take decades of training) in like a week thanks to abusing the abilities of his shadowclones. It's retarded and a symbol of everything that's wrong with this series. 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#38 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

t feels out of nowhere, maybe because of how it works. I got a real bad feeling about son of man crap...

It is entirely out of nowhere and even a retcon, (since bolt had a byuakgan in the future and the eye doesn't even look like his when he is older {even in the anime itself}) but again it just been add to justify having monsters of the week. Since that eye allows him to see evil spirits.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 April 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#39 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

Did you watch the episode? He did awaken the Byakugan/Tenseigan on his own. Turned out it wasn't a transplant.

Nope, I haven't watched the episode, like I said years ago. I will not watch or read anything that comes after the so called ending. Oh excuse me, laying the ground for the new generation of mutants while the ones that mattered for 15 years are pushed aside.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#40 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

I completely agree with you there.  Fun fact even Sawyer thought it was  out of left field for them to incorporate it when the movie didn't hint at it whatsoever. 

btw i looked over the boruto manga again while i was Barnes and noble to pick up some of the volumes for Bleach, and surprisingly the entire 1st volume isn't really recap.  Aside from the first 3 or 4 pages from Chapter 1,  there is the Mitsuki one shot chapter that came out a long time ago and that is placed right after chapter 3 when the chunin Exams take place. 

I mean it's cool I guess, but that the same time it just shows you how bad the art is when you transition from Boruto chaptr 3 drawn by Ikemoto to The Moon Path Oneshot written and drawn by Kishi.

I guess that's one way they wanna try to sell in the volume by saying hey look we the first 4 pages of new material, and a new one shot chapter revolved around Mitsuki written and drawn by Kishi... It's cool I'll give it that much, but I don't think 4 pages of new material and a one shot chapter is gonna be enough to sell the first volume since like 71% of the volume is purely a recap of something most people have already seen especially since it came out on Bluray recently. 

The one shot is perhaps the only reason to buy the volume.

It is entirely out of nowhere and even a retcon, (since bolt had a byuakgan in the future and the eye doesn't even look like his when he is older {even in the anime itself}) but again it just been add to justify having monsters of the week. Since that eye allows him to see evil spirits.

That's what I said. It has that monster of the week formula and it may very well end up being that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boruto, naruto, studio pierott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users