Close
Photo

There will never be another story/anime/manga like Naruto ever again!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

A lot of you may disagree with me about Naruto really being that good.

Most of you are only interested in a few abundant things in an anime, which are:

Super natural powers

Love stories? :|

Fighting.....lots and lots of fighting

Those would be the top 3 things the majority of you are attracted to and look for in an anime.

lol You couldn't recognize a good story if it was wearing sexy lingerie and slapped you in the face.

Let me tell you why Naruto is really that good:

Naruto has infinite elements. By which I mean, Naruto deals with an immeasurable amount of varying topics. That alone puts it above everything else ever created.

Naruto is Enlightenment. Naruto is Truth. Naruto is Power. Naruto is Divine. Naruto is Motivation. Naruto is Love. Naruto is Logic. Naruto is Sublime!

Naruto is quite frankly.....art. The greatest kind of art! It can be at times... spontaneous..... and at the same time subtle.

Naruto can move you, shock you but sometimes it may disgust you, anger you.

It will make you beg for more but sometimes you will feel as if it's enough.

Naruto can heighten your sense of being and at times diminish it.

Naruto is a single greatest moment, it is a vast plethora.....a universe of everlasting beauty.

What I am trying to say boys and girls...................is that Naruto can never be reproduced or replicated. It cannot be destroyed. It is intangible.

Naruto is forever!

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

You know what they say, there's only one.

#3 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

YES!

I ACCEPT NARUTO AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR. TAKE ME TO THE PROMISE LAND OH MIGHTLY ONE.

Sorry couldn`t resist.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#4 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh My God! This is too funny!

Oh, well. You can find fanboys/fangirls like this person in all fandoms. People who gets carried away and allows their passion for something completely clouds their objectivity. I have met people telling Naruto -his characters, his world, his story- was garbage and stating Saint Seiya is way better (I am a big fan of Saint Seiya since I was a little kid... but its plot Pullitzer-worthy is not). That Dragon Ball is the best anime EVER (in spite of its huge flaws).That Mazinger-Z is trash and Getter Robot is way better plotwise (I have watched both series, and the later has just so much plot and character development like the former, and just so many action scenes). That One Piece is way better than Naruto because its characters are not archetypes (Both series' characters are archetypes!). That Evangelion is the best anime EVER, with the most developed and most complex characters EVER, and the most original, deepest and most intelectually engaging story EVER (plotholes, plot contradictions, asspulls and filler symbology? What is that?), and if I did not like it was because I was too dumb to "get" it since -acording them- I just liked animes with nothing but stereotypical tough guys punching each other and screaming the whole time (yes, this is personal experience talking here).

Obviously we are talking about something subjective. Personal tastes. And it s is told that "de gustibus non est disputandum". Latin for "In matter of tastes there can be no disputes". Still you can realize that, not matter how much you enjoy and love a series, it has also flaws (everything has flaws), and even though it is your favorite, another series may have a more coherent argument, less plotholes, better developed characters, a better balance between action and non-action scenes...

Naruto may be your favorite, most beloved anime... But there are has been MANY stories like Naruto. and there WILL be MANY stories like Naruto in the future. You can bet anything on it.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#5 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

What makes you believe that Naruto is an art piece.

#6 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

What makes you believe that Naruto is an art piece.

Well, manga in and of itself is a form of art. But, I've read manga with better, more solid and consistent plots even on my own very short list. That's not to say I don't enjoy it overall, I wouldn't be here if I didn't, Naruto is far from being a 'great masterpiece' though. It has its masterful moments, and that's okay. I'm not looking for perfection.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh My God! This is too funny!

Oh, well. You can find fanboys/fangirls like this person in all fandoms. People who gets carried away and allows their passion for something completely clouds their objectivity. I have met people telling Naruto -his characters, his world, his story- was garbage and stating Saint Seiya is way better (I am a big fan of Saint Seiya since I was a little kid... but its plot Pullitzer-worthy is not). That Dragon Ball is the best anime EVER (in spite of its huge flaws).That Mazinger-Z is trash and Getter Robot is way better plotwise (I have watched both series, and the later has just so much plot and character development like the former, and just so many action scenes). That One Piece is way better than Naruto because its characters are not archetypes (Both series' characters are archetypes!). That Evangelion is the best anime EVER, with the most developed and most complex characters EVER, and the most original, deepest and most intelectually engaging story EVER (plotholes, plot contradictions, asspulls and filler symbology? What is that?), and if I did not like it was because I was too dumb to "get" it since -acording them- I just liked animes with nothing but stereotypical tough guys punching each other and screaming the whole time (yes, this is personal experience talking here).

Obviously we are talking about something subjective. Personal tastes. And it s is told that "de gustibus non est disputandum". Latin for "In matter of tastes there can be no disputes". Still you can realize that, not matter how much you enjoy and love a series, it has also flaws (everything has flaws), and even though it is your favorite, another series may have a more coherent argument, less plotholes, better developed characters, a better balance between action and non-action scenes...

Naruto may be your favorite, most beloved anime... But there are has been MANY stories like Naruto. and there WILL be MANY stories like Naruto in the future. You can bet anything on it.

Good Point. I mean I agree that Naruto is my favorite Manga/ anime series. But FullMetal Alchemist is tied with it for first place in my list and I love them for both different reasons. However I do have personal issues with them like that I find too many characters deaths were rushed or some other things. Point I love them most out of any manga or Anime but I am under no delusion that they are flawless and agree that if people say it is s**t, worst creation ever that X or Y is better, then I' say that's their opinion and I would never see eye to eye. But I will try to see what they like about their preferred series, Even if I disagree that it's better than Naruto or FMA. That Said you have to admire the Passion in that speech.

@ Misaki Yata- I agree with you that Naruto is the best!! But as I said, it's not flawless and there will be references or imitations of it in the future. It is inevitable that all great stories will be copied to a certain extent eventually. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I enjoy Naruto as much as the next person, but I wouldn't put it super high on a list of great anime.

Here are a couple anime/manga that I would take over Naruto probably any day -

• Great Teacher Onizuka
  • Samurai Champloo
  • His and Her Circumstances

Even in terms of just Shonen genre stories, I would take say Yu Yu Hakusho over Naruto.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#9 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Berserk is probably the best manga in the world. It's way better than Naruto, and I invite all Naruto lovers to read it.

It's reading Naruto in a more mature way, with better drawing, and a better story.

Don't watch anime version or movies, read manga.

#10 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

On its own, the story I'd give it a B+ to an A-, I mean Kishi has told a nice story no doubts about that and has given it a nice scale of epicness, but there were just a few story elements that when introduced he could have expanded much much more.

He could have:

-Given Sakura more fights, there was opportunity for this, if she had a fight with Kabuto back in the Sasuke and Sai arc, helped Shikamaru (with Sai) against Hidan rather than make it a quick victory, faced one of the pain bodies (but the body would be recovered after she left so Naruto would face it) or even Konan (for a small amount of time), or even faced an edo Chiyo even with Gaara would have been a nice circle development opportunity. Sakura is a very good character and has the talent for many fights, but Kishi could have honestly given her some screentime for these fights. Medic vs Medic, help face an immortal, beat one of the pain bodies (but not outright so Naruto would) or the chiyo one, these would have been good advancements for Sakura.

-Expanded the 7 swordsmen storyline, it was intriging but this was largely undone, we only knew 2 of them for the majority of the series, 1 honorary one (Suigestsu), and the first of a new generation (Chojuro, that kid Mei Turmei the mizukage acts nice too).

- Done more with the jinchurki and tailed beasts, rather than kill them off, he could have made them wandering and meet up with Naruto, he could have at least left one more alive aside from Bee. Rather he could have made the jinchurki not killed but rather taken prisoner. Etc.

- Used more with the 5 sage weapons, this was a curious one, he could have given more to this one like if the ten tails revival also needed these weapons aside from the tailed beasts in order to bring the ten tails back. It seems like a story cliche if it did this, but it would have extended the plot.

- Expanded more on the conflict between the leaf and cloud, lets say if the war arc didn't start immediately like Obito said only 5 or 6 of the tailed beasts were caught, and he needed the 5 weapons, Bee would be out there still while the last would be unknown so the nations would scramble to get Naruto, Bee, and the final one safe along with the sage weapons being hunted, it would have been a curious plot point if each nation each had 1 sage weapon but had them long hidden. The war arc started then it would have been under more conflicting reasons.

Even aside from all this, Kishi has done better than some other mangas out there:

-I feel he has done better storywise than DBZ which was just one series of one fight over another from battle to battle, no long main arc, just a collection of shorter arcs of greater power.

-Bleach is scrambled, it goes from a demon hunting intro to a rescue raid and sudden antagonist reveal to a long term war in the real world to a kidnapping of a girl who doesn't go used much to a rescue operation in the demon world to a long fight in a copy world to a big conflict in the real world, suddenly to a power regaining arc and short new organization to an old rivalry war that will end the series. Bleach has been along the lines of DBZ, it has a more constant flowing story but not a clear connecting message. I' not left wondering much on other story elements.

-One piece, while it remains the better story, it is just too too long, I mean I know Oda can do the story anyway he likes, I love how the islands are both based off popular legend and myth but also creative enough to stand out. Its just the whole ordeal with older plot elements like the void century, origin of the devil fruits, the revolutionary army, black beards motives, the super weapons, Dragon, what one piece really is, a power or something more etc. Its been over 15 years and we still have not one god damned clue with any of this aside from one of those weapons being the mermaid princess. At this point its only obvious that the void century and one piece are related, the world government was terrified of what happened in the void century and one piece itself is basically going to undermine them and reveal a truth. Seriously I'm at times loosing intrest cause we have an idea of what is going to happen and the story is enjoyable but its like a repeating cycle, crew finds and island, problems exist on island, they talk a bit and bash a lot, we get 30-50+ chapters for every character to have a fight, luffy unleashes a massive attack and beats up the leader or boss, the gang has a party, more plot points, next island, rise and repeat with only slight variation every few arcs like the seabody archipelago or CP9 arc which revealed more plot points or the fishman island which set up a future fight we know will occur. Other than that, least Naruto has been consistent in its long run, it doesn't go off track at incredible lengths like one piece is overly guilty of.

Other than this its been a good series in its own right. Its not up to that scale of writing say other series do like Attack on Titan which has a great sense of desperation and humanity. Its also not up to par with other series like Avatar the last airbender or korra which flesh out the characters and story in the short seasons, but Naruto is still very good in its own right. It has a few thing of value over the other series.

Edited by Inferno180, 16 September 2013 - 12:12 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Berserk is probably the best manga in the world. It's way better than Naruto, and I invite all Naruto lovers to read it.

It's reading Naruto in a more mature way, with better drawing, and a better story.

Yes, Berserk is the best, despite the long hiatus.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#12 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Naruto is one of a kind manga/anime there would never be another Naruto.

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#13 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

To me, when I first saw Naruto, it looked childish and dumb. When I saw it was about kids, even more childish. The only reason I gave it a chance was because I couldn't get DBZ to work on the website I was using. After watching for a while and getting through the first arc I was completely hooked. I have never been into a manga or anime as much as I have been into Naruto. It is not the best, it has its flaws, however, I have never been more interested in any other manga like I have been in Naruto. If I were to say what Naruto was best at: I'd say Naruto has the most loyal fans of any manga. Not the most, but the most loyal.

#14 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Maybe you started off watching Naruto, thats why u think there can never ever be another series as great as it. there are tons more anime just as good, and better than naruto. love naruto all u want but dont write stuff like this that make people laugh,

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#15 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hm, I've never really heard of Berserk. Do you think you could give me a brief summary, I might check it out a little later.

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yes, Berserk is the best, despite the long hiatus.

Heh heh, I personally say what's stopping it from being even better IS the long Hiatus. I do Enjoy it immensely and it's one of my top ten manga of course, but It kind of kills the mood waiting and waiting for updates until you forget what was going on so far and have to reread it. Other than that I agree it' incredible, just doesn't top Naruto for me though

Hm, I've never really heard of Berserk. Do you think you could give me a brief summary, I might check it out a little later.

It's a seinen Manga about a Guts, a badass swordsman with a vendetta against his best friend who betrayed him, his lover and all their allies and companions to demons..... A very dark, mature story so I only recommend it if you're into that sort of thing. The story it self goes from present day to flash backs to the eventst that lead to the present day and back to present day, so It's a bit confusing But still an awesome read!! :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#17 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

^ I suppose I'll have to think on it, there's just so many manga to choose from I'm not sure what will catch my attention next. But I really want something to read once I get around to finishing Kekkaishi, I'm about half-way through that one.

#18 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I can somewhat agree that there won't ever be another series exactly like Naruto. The scale and world of it is huge. Quite a few of its characters are fantastic. No matter how sloppy it has gotten/will get from here, there are always going to be some golden moments in the past story.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I will say this....I have never and will never see a pairing war like this one caused ever again

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 September 2013 - 11:21 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I will say this....I have never and will never see a pairing war like this one caused.

Uh... there will be another one in another popular series, unfortunately. It's bound to happen.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users