#1 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

I actually had mixed emotions about a Spider-Man reboot, especially when the last Spider-Man movie came out in 2007- five years ago! But I've actually been hearing good things about the new reboot movie, so I'm curious to hear everyone else's feelings on the reboot before the movie "officially" comes out!

Truthfully speaking, I'm actually interested in the Gwen Stacy side of things vs. the Mary Jane side of things in the original movies. Also...yay for lizards :>
OTP and my Bby

#2 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

I will probaly watch this weekend, but I heard from a lot of pre releases that reactions to the movie are mixed. I don't really trust "professional" reviews, but this guy here give very good reviews to movies:

http://www.youtube.c...mp;feature=plcp

Don't worry, there is no real spoiler, but he still give an good idea of what the movie delivers.

Edited by alexander, 03 July 2012 - 12:13 AM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#3 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 2 2012, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will probaly watch this weekend, but I heard from a lot of pre releases that reactions to the movie are mixed. I don't really trust "professional" reviews, but this guy here give very good reviews to movies:

http://www.youtube.c...mp;feature=plcp

Don't worry, there is no real spoiler, but he still give an good idea of what the movie delivers.

You're a Jahns fan, too? omfg.gif
Agreed, his reviews usually are pretty spot-on. I do disagree with a few of them, but evem then I can still see where he's coming from.

On topic: I think it'll be good, actually. I like how it looks, and I like how Spidey will have his more sarcastic behavior in it.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#4 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Well at first I was far from happy when I heard about this let alone when I saw previews for it. I didnt like the fact that they decided to do another Spider man movie especially after there were already three made before it. To me I was like.....really I mean really?! Now when we take something god awful like the first Hulk movie then yes a reboot is really needed. However with the Spider man movies I dont think it was necessary. Given the last movie was rushed and it wasn't my fav, plus they messed up introducing Gwen Stacy later on when she was Peter Parker's first love interest, however it was alright.

Now I understand that this is a different Spider man its the "Amazing" Spider man and we'll get to see story line from the comics that Rami didnt explore with his Spider man movies. So of course I will go watch it, I mean its looking amazing....no pun intended. It just seems strange since Tobey Maguire has been Spidy for a few years, but we'll see what this fresh meat can bring to the big screen

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Saw it, was awesome. The interaction between Gwen and Peter needed more, to be honest, but they were both awkwardly dorky to each other so it was cute. Gotta say, this movie tempted me to watch it in 3D, but I did not want to drive my 2 friends and myself home with a headache. Stay in the theatre for a little something during the credits. Hope you understand it, though; it's a little ambiguous.

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

I see this as the "Ultimate Universe Spider-man" which made me get over my hate of it being a Reboot spite.

I am sad to say that this movie doesn't give that same rush feel that the Toby Maguire movies gave me. Maybe because I expected it, I don't know. Plus, the song Hero with Chad Kroger and Saliva really gave me chills first time I heard that song. It felt right to see hear that song and think of Spider-man.

Negative: There is one scene I didn't like and that was the scene where the guy pulls on the knife on him and he pretends to be scared. I felt like I was watching the movie "Kick-ass" when I saw that scene. You see it in the commercials a lot.That's just me. Otherwise this movie was very good.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 4 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Negative: There is one scene I didn't like and that was the scene where the guy pulls on the knife on him and he pretends to be scared. I felt like I was watching the movie "Kick-ass" when I saw that scene. You see it in the commercials a lot.That's just me. Otherwise this movie was very good.

Funny enough James I've seen that scene from the previews and I actually love it, because it's truer to what the Comic book Spider-Mans's personality was. Part of his deal was cracking jokes at the expense of the villains. In fact the Ultimate Comics accept had him do a inner dialogue and he said that the first time he went out fighting crime as "Spider-Man" he was scared out of his mind. And he found that he cracked jokes when he was scared. I guess it became a way to bring down the severity of what he was doing down.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Is the movie good?
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 4 2012, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny enough James I've seen that scene from the previews and I actually love it, because it's truer to what the Comic book Spider-Mans's personality was. Part of his deal was cracking jokes at the expense of the villains. In fact the Ultimate Comics accept had him do a inner dialogue and he said that the first time he went out fighting crime as "Spider-Man" he was scared out of his mind. And he found that he cracked jokes when he was scared. I guess it became a way to bring down the severity of what he was doing down.

I guess...I felt that the joke could have been done better. When I think of Spider-man, he was more witty with his jokes or makes some comical whiny remark rather than what he does here.

It could also be the joke is getting old. Every commercial shows the joke and it gets old after a while. Maybe if I saw it the first time in the theater it would have been funnier, but it's like that Men in Black II joke with Will Smith joke about the black dude driving the car and getting pulled over. After awhile the joke just gets old.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 4 2012, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess...I felt that the joke could have been done better. When I think of Spider-man, he was more witty with his jokes or makes some comical whiny remark rather than what he does here.

It could also be the joke is getting old. Every commercial shows the joke and it gets old after a while. Maybe if I saw it the first time in the theater it would have been funnier, but it's like that Men in Black II joke with Will Smith joke about the black dude driving the car and getting pulled over. After awhile the joke just gets old.

Well if you didn't like the joke, you didn't like the joke. *shrugs* And yes repetition does kill a joke also. The first time I heard it, I "Lol" because I thought it was funny. Then after i was watching the streaming episodes of Tron Uprising on the Disney Site they replayed that same trailer featuring the joke every break of the show. So after hearing it 6-8 times, yes I can say that it lost it's affect one me. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#11 Chew

Chew

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

For those of you that know the truth about a certain character...

hnnngg spoilers! --Click here to view--
Do you think this reboot will kill Gwen Stacy much how she died in the comics? If you remember, Spider-man accidentally killed Gwen when the Green Goblin threw her off the bridge ad he tried to catch her, but the whiplash killed her instantly. I'm curious as to whether this reboot series will cover that part of the story. If they do...I'm in for many feels sad.gif

OTP and my Bby

#12 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Pikachew @ Jul 8 2012, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think this reboot will kill Gwen Stacy much how she died in the comics? If you remember, Spider-man accidentally killed Gwen when the Green Goblin threw her off the bridge ad he tried to catch her, but the whiplash killed her instantly. I'm curious as to whether this reboot series will cover that part of the story. If they do...I'm in for many feels sad.gif

It's always so painful to watch the "I'm gonna throw you off the window, now" scene, knowing what happens to her. Foreshadowing?

#13 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Pikachew @ Jul 8 2012, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it depends on what they want to do. If they want to stick closer to the comic canon, then yes they will. If they want to make their own version of the universe, then they could just have him stick with Gwen Stacy and keep Mary-Jane out of it.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#14 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Pikachew @ Jul 8 2012, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the third Spider man movie failed with adding Gwen so late in the trilogy when she was supposed to be Peters first love interest. So now adding Gwen Stacy so early on kinda makes me feel that she will meet her untimely death with this new spin on Spidy. I really feel for him too. Having the guilt that her death was his fault when all he was doing was trying to save her D:

I have yet to see the movie but a good friend of mine saw it and I asked how it was. He said and I quote...

"I think Amazing is too strong a word.The Pretty Good Spider-Man or even the Waaaaay Better than 3 but not as good as 2 Spider-Man would have been a better title. Dont get me wrong its worth watching, it's fun, and it's a GOOD movie, but not a GREAT movie. Its in no way like the Avengers, now that was a GREAT movie!"

I'm really curious now and as soon as I get some sitters for my boys Im watching it with John.

Edited by Konohakitten, 08 July 2012 - 06:04 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#15 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Jul 8 2012, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the third Spider man movie failed with adding Gwen so late in the trilogy when she was supposed to be Peters first love interest. So now adding Gwen Stacy so early on kinda makes me feel that she will meet her untimely death with this new spin on Spidy. I really feel for him too. Having the guilt that her death was his fault when all he was doing was trying to save her D:

I have yet to see the movie but a good friend of mine saw it and I asked how it was. He said and I quote...

" I think Amazing is too strong a word.The Pretty Good Spider-Man or even the Waaaaay Better than 3 but not as good as 2 Spider-Man would have been a better title. Dont get me wrong its worth watching, it's fun, and it's a GOOD movie, but not a GREAT movie. Its in no way like the Avengers, now that was a GREAT movie!

I'm really curious now and as soon as I get some sitters for my boys Im watching it with John.

So the movie isn't that big of a deal I should have known, I think I will watch it when it comes out on blu-ray or in demand. I am looking forward to" The Dark Knight Rises".

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#16 Chew

Chew

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 8 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the movie isn't that big of a deal I should have known, I think I will watch it when it comes out on blu-ray or in demand. I am looking forward to" The Dark Knight Rises".

On the contrary, I've seen many people actually raving about the new movie and saying that awesome isn't a meaningful enough word to describe it. There were even Spidey cosplayers at the premiere that my friend went to! I assumed the same thing at first, but from what I'm hearing, I'll have to see this movie on the big-screen as well. I to am excited for the Dark Knight Rises!
OTP and my Bby

#17 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Saw it quite a few days ago...and loved it. It gave me a rush that the Raimi movies never did. I cared about all of the characters and was hooked from beginning to end. I also loved how this Spider-Man is a more...smart-assish person in the suit.

My only problem with the movie? It doesn't have a sequel yet.

10/10. I can't make myself give it a score any lower than that. This movie reminded me why I love going to the movies.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 8 2012, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw it quite a few days ago...and loved it. It gave me a rush that the Raimi movies never did. I cared about all of the characters and was hooked from beginning to end. I also loved how this Spider-Man is a more...smart-assish person in the suit.

My only problem with the movie? It doesn't have a sequel yet.

10/10. I can't make myself give it a score any lower than that. This movie reminded me why I love going to the movies.

Argh, yessss. I saw it three times, with friends on midnight premiere, with mom and bro, then with dad and bro. Every time I finish I go, "ARRRGHH, needs more sequels!" More because I'm really curious about what direction they're gonna take with this new series!

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 July 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#19 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

Sounds like they really stayed true to the comics with Spidey's personality. I really should watch it soon.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#20 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Wasn't so amazing to me. I preferred the other Spiderman 1 to this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users