• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

So what do you think about this because I heard from many people saying NS may not occur because of SS, NH, or Kishi is focus on the friendship Team 7 bond so neither of the 3 will pair with anyone despite his claim to make new generation in the Naruto series. shamefulcry0js.gif

However what's your input and what are your thoughts with the current situation of the plot and how could it affect our favorite couple? Will pull them together or apart?! narusakuct7.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#2 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

I think that SS and NH is not possible. NH mostly happenend during the FILLERS. SS in my opinion is not really love but infatuation. Somone before said that if SS were to happen, one of them have to make DRAMATIC CHANGE. And I dont think that would happen. What you said about Kishi focusing on the friendship thingy, I didnt understand that sweatdrop.gif Anyways, I think, know, and believe that NARUSAKU WILL HAPPEN! narusakuct7.gif And just look at NARUSAKU'S relationship, sooooooo much love! love.gif laugh.gif

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#3 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

its just the connections that we are seeing for NH and SS i mean lets all get seomthing straight here hinata cant even say a full sentence without freaking out infront of naruto and sasuke announced it himself that we broke the bonds he had with anyone there in his way. sure sakura might feel something for him but it my just be the heartbreak of the childhood breakup. i mean it was dramatic for her and it might still be with her but naruto is always there for her and shes slowly realizing that and also as weve seen when naruto got his 4th tail when fighting orichimaru she took it hard when she saw him like that and what yamato said just said it even more toward NS. besides we love narusaku so we cant give up on whatever anyone says! NARUSAKU 4EVA!!!!!! narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#4 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

NH would have to come out of nowhere fast. Even in those fillers all Naruto does is make nice compliments about Hinata. She blushes, he remains clueless and nothing happens. In SS' case it has a terrible chance of happening. Sasuke is actually closer to Naruto and the possibility of Sasuke being gay is there, especially considering his history with male role models. He thought his father didn't care as much for him and he trusted Itachi and we saw what happened. Im not saying narusaku is a lock. But im an optimistic person.
\

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Hinata's goal is to end up being stronger, not to end up with Naruto, and in order to achieve that she would have to not end up with him.
Sasuke is one of the antagonist of the story, romantics don't really matter for him.
Kishimoto believes similars attract, so I'm pretty sure he's leaning alot towards NaruSaku.

#6 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Personally the onlyw ay i see it not happening is that Kishi decides to focus on the strict reformation of the bonds between the three and ends the series on a friendship note.

NH has allready been discussed and the only way it happens is for hinata to grow a spine first, then to actually grow true feelings for Naruto. Too many people ((mostly NH fans)) continue to view her supposed crush as true love for him. I still dont see any such indication beyond solid admiration for him. Shes never expressed a direct feeling of any sort beyond that admiration for him.

Hell even Sakura has expressed more feelings for Sasuke then Hinata for Naruto

SS is about as likely as the moon is to be made of green cheese. Sasuke has epxresed 0, nein, nada nix, none, Zilch katputsky, diddly squat bupkus inr egards to feelings for Sakura beyond a general teamate.

and afetr 2 and half years in the big much hyped reunion he says a grand total of 2 words to her

2 total words to her

and I quote

"" Sakura huh.""

thats it SS fans so much for romance. Ive actuallys een SS fans say that was totally signifigant that he said that too her. Sheesh get real. He all but dismissed her as insignifigant he didnt even twitch untill Naruto appeared. and he actually gave Naruto a 1 armed hug

SS would be about the msot pathetic one sided relationship in the history of Anime. The sheer suspension of disbelief required would make Naruhina seem beleiveable, and would be an tradgey of bad writing from Kishimoto who doesnt strike me as that capable of fouling up.

SS also has a single fundamental flaw built into it. that needs to be adressed before the relationsjip cna even be considered. and that is the indisputable fact that their has never been a ""Sasuke/Sakura"" it has allways been ""Sakura/Sasuke""

the differnce is that the first implies thta Sasuke has feeklings for Sakura. Weve allready established he doesnt not even secretely or they would have been covered at least once in the manga in some form.

The other is Sakuras feelings which are real. But which are base don a falsehood notion. That being the notion that a good caring sasuke who acknowledged her and complimented her forhead, and almsot kissed her is still out there waiting to be saved.

her crush is rooted in feelings for Naruto that he himself put their with the henge on the bench. what well Sakura do when she discovers the truth I wonder? that naruto was first to acknowledge her, to compliment her forehead. that naruto almost kissed her.

I await the answers to come

I hope
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

Aside from the fact that what he heard was probably just fandom claims, as far as I'm concerned NaruSaku was confirmed a while ago.

#8 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 2 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from the fact that what he heard was probably just fandom claims, as far as I'm concerned NaruSaku was confirmed a while ago.

as kyuudaime just said heres a link to those who have not seen it. http://www.narusaku....wtopic=7013&hl=

#9 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

Because SS and NH is cleaner. Everyone gets someone... I hate that thought process but it would make every character "happy." THough in real life it would not.

That is the only reason I can even think of.

Love is everything.

#10 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

NaruHina has never really developed. It's still very one-sided on Hinata's side.

SasuSaku seems pretty much dead. Sasuke never loved Sakura in that way (only as a comrade/sister) and rejected her confession. Sakura has not shown an iota of romantic feeling towards Sasuke in Part Two.

NaruSaku is still developing, albeit slowly, on both sides. smile.gif Not only have Naruto and Sakura gone from merely being teammates to close friends, Kishimoto has hinted at romantic feelings developing on both sides.

I really don't like the argument that a focus on the Team 7 comradeship triangle means NaruSaku will never happen. NaruSaku and Team 7 are not mutually exclusive. There is nothing to force Naruto or Sakura to choose between Sasuke or each other. If Sasuke decides to mend his broken bonds with Naruto and Sakura, he is highly unlikely to exit Konoha in a jealous fit when he finds Naruto and Sakura sharing a sleeping bag.

So there you go. That's a concise summary of my views. You can ask for more evidence/details if you like, but expect a very lengthy post in return if you do so. XD

Mizura's excellent NaruSaku manifesto also illustrates most of the points I brought up, and more. smile.gif

#11 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:00 AM

I really don't buy the whole "Kishimoto will focus on Team 7s bonds so he won't touch any pairings." If Naruto would end with them still being 12 years old, then yeah, I'd buy that. But he's been showing the characters grow, and I feel he HAS to follow through.

With that in mind, though, there is one way I can see NaruSaku not happening; if the manga takes a REALLY dark turn, I can see one of them dying, or becoming so depressed that the whole team falls apart. In that scenario, I can see something of a reunion, but it would show that neither Sasuke, Sakura nor Naruto were the same people they were once before, and show how much each individual paid for their actions.

That's not likely considering the demographic Naruto aims for though.

#12 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

I hope Kishi doesnt pull a fast one on us and doesnt make a official pairing... *stops the blasphemistic thoughts* (I think thats a new word)

#13 Kieru

Kieru

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

NH is pretty much dead in the manga, SS is drawing it's last breaths and on it's last leg.

And don't think you need to worry about them too much. And remember, Naruto has to succeed where Jiraiya failed.

#14 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hey, I know I'm not psychic or anything but...

I have a knack for predicting plots and endings...before they even occur. O_o (Same does my dad. Ya let him read only 2 chapters or so in a novel or fiction...or practically ANYTHING, and he can predict the end. wow.gif Sounds crazy, but honestly, it's just a matter of logic and conductive reasoning)

Example: Harry Potter.

(No intentions of bragging...but when everyone else was arguing about whether "Harry would die" or "Is he the EIGHTH horecrux?" I was brewing up my own theory that "Harry would die, so that the VOLDEMORT part in him would die...A.K.A...his accidental 7th horecrux…
...and then magically, as things in JK's world often do...he would somehow live/"rise again."

And...well...121721.gif

I was right. biggrin.gif I was REALLY happy too.)

But, as of today, according to all the plot events and from everything in chronological order that has happened in the manga w/ Naruto+Sakura interaction, the "Jiriaya factor", the "Yamato factor", the "Sai factor", and etc...point to NaruSaku. (Cause and effect sort of thing)

And unless someone practically TURNS THE PLOT UPSIDE-DOWN or ignores all these hints that Kishi has laid along the way in the development of the plot and the characters of Naruto and Sakura in the manga...(And I HIGHLY doubt that Kishimoto will let that happen. -__-)

Or Kishimoto decides he just doesn't want to do a romance scene...(Which would really tick me off... "WHY DID YA CHICKEN OUT AT THE LAST MOMENT, HUH??!!?!" rawr.gif)

Theoretically...

NaruSaku is gonna happen.

But since all things aren't set in stone...(And people are naturally fickle and unpredictable...)

I don't think we can guarantee anything. sleep.gif *shrugs*

But according to all educational and logical reasoning that have been conducted or put together thus far...

Well...ya get my drift. facepalm.png *sighs*

Side Note: The LOGICAL conclusion to Naruto should have some form of NaruSaku in it. But sadly...this world ain't all logical. -__- So for now, we can just wait...and hope.

Oh, and cross our fingers of course. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gena kumo, 03 July 2008 - 01:50 AM.

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#15 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:36 AM

^^^Agreed, I also have a slight knack for being able to fortell what will happen in movies/tv shows and who will get together.

Also alucard, I wasn't talking about that really.

#16 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jul 2 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^Agreed, I also have a slight knack for being able to fortell what will happen in movies/tv shows and who will get together.

Also alucard, I wasn't talking about that really.

still counts:P

#17 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

IF NS does happen how do you think it should be done to confirm them as canon. As much as I would love watching them confess then kiss, but Naruto is shonen not shojo!

Just based on the major moments they have, it'll most likely be while in a tragic battle. Something fatal happen to either Naruto (I bet on it) or Sakura, then one of them pops the revelation (ideally Sakura since everyone is aware of Naruto's feelings). I think this should happen before they fight Sasuke for more drama, realization, trauma, and angst action. Also could really stir up the battle where to a point Sasuke injury Sakura to near death and Naruto must choose between the 2; this would imply what Itachi forewarn him about.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#18 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:31 AM

I don't really care how it happens....

#19 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:43 AM

Okay, in my opinion.. Narusaku will happen, either it is in the form of a cliffhanger or a kiss or a confession or a time skip showing them getting maried (Blasphemey in terms of Shonen) or in a form of a date.
Anyways, Kishi is a man who does everything with a purpose (at least i think he is...).. He wouldn't have made all those Narusaku moments for nothing. That's a waste of ink, paper, and pencils.. and mostly time. If this doesn't happen, it will be the biggest tease since The soprano's series finale.

#20 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

Really, whether it's mean of me to say or not, there's an inescapable truth as far as this manga goes. Whether NaruSaku happens or it doesn't, I really do believe that as far as SasuSaku and NaruHina go, it's all over but the crying.

Seriously, with NaruHina, it's way too late. We're so far in the manga that there is no way Kishi could possibly do such believably, even if he suddenly decided he wanted to. Hinata has not even had a truly significant appearance since the Chunnin Exams. The "arc" where Team 8tagged along barely showcased any of them, much less Hinata. Add on that there's never been any real attraction, at least on Naruto's end, in over four hundred chapters and I think it's safe to call it dead. Frankly, I'm not sure it was ever really alive.

SasuSaku is just that ship that everyone always seems to love but is also unrealistic and unlikely. I'm convinced by now that the purpose of Sakura's crush was fullfilled, in that she moved on and grew up in a lot of ways. The frivelous crushes were more or less plot devices to advance characters, in both Sakura and Hinata's instances. Hell, Sakura doesn't even seem too sure about the mission to "save" him anymore. Add that she hasn't shown much of anything in the way of real emotion over Sasuke in all of Part 2 and I think it's rather safe to call it dead in the water as well.

NaruSaku has the potential, of course, but it's not really set in stone. In the end, Kishi could decide not to truly make them canon within the series itself and leave such up to the imagination. Or he could decide to go with no pairings at all. It's undecided at this point. But even so, it definitely has a better chance than the other two.

Because SS and NH is cleaner. Everyone gets someone... I hate that thought process but it would make every character "happy." THough in real life it would not.

Most of the shippers who actually believe this have little real experience with relationships. It's never clean. People have closer bonds with certain people and fall in love with certain people; no amount of people who think someone else is better for them (usually for shallow reasons) will change that.

It reminds me of the whole deal with the Ramones. Joey Ramone's girlfriend left him for Johnny, which caused a massive rift (and some say inspired the song "The KKK Took My Baby Away"). The two were in love. If she'd stayed with Joey, she and Johnny would have been unhappy. She left and Joey was unhappy and held a grudge.

The words clean and relationship rarely go along in the same sentence. Which is why it's annoying when people ship those two or similar situations in shows for such reasons. It's even more annoying when they ship the other by default, just to pair off both characters of a hated pairing in a different relationship.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users