38 replies to this topic

#1 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

Everyone who is blaming Naruto for moving on, please don't do it. We really nicely saw how sakura just sidelined Naruto in 699, so why doesn't he have the right to move on.

Sakura couldn't go past Sasuke no matter how much he abuses her, but Naruto is different. He is more mature than Sakura and is trying to live a happy life by moving on.

Firstly it's kishi's fault for this sh*tty ending

Secondly, it's Sakura's fault for still loving Sasuke

Thirdly, it is not at all Naruto's fault to move on from Sakura because Sakura did turn out to be far more selfish and immature than Hinata was ever considered.

The most amazing thing is Sakura and Naruto didn't even exchange a single word in 699 and I don't expect they will in 700.

Seriously the "Still a better love story than twilight" statement can be very correctly changed to "Still a better love story than Naruto".

The only people to remain in my heart from this manga will be Jiraiya, Minato and Kushina. And I wish I forget them too, because I don't want anything to do with this stupid manga called Naruto Sasuke.

I mean seriously Sasuke got everything he couldn't even wish for, whereas Naruto gets NOTHING

Edited by lord287, 06 November 2014 - 11:35 AM.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#2 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

So whatever Naruto does or does not, he does not deserve being blamed for anything, but Sakura always MUST be blamed for everything.

Got it.

I am not blaming Naruto, anyway. Neither I blame Sakura. I blame their creator. This -and I mean the chapter- is ridiculous.

Anyway I do not remember having seen someone blaming Naruto. I have seen people blaming the creator or even Sakura... but Naruto? Who is blaming him?

Edited by Jenskott, 06 November 2014 - 11:43 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#3 A_Soggy_Cactus

A_Soggy_Cactus

The Writing Writer

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Writing (Music, Poetry, Stories), Band touring, beer, cigars, pipes, NaruSaku, Biking

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

The most amazing thing is Sakura and Naruto didn't even exchange a single word in 699 and I don't expect they will in 700.

After everything that has happened the past day, this is all I wanted in the end. I don't hate Naruto. I don't even hate the series like a lot people do, but I will never have anything to do with Naruto again or be invested in manga again. It's just too much. I was hoping for maybe some reconciliation or some closure because I thought that maybe those two deserved just that. But there was nothing.

NOTHING

#4 GiaraShidori

GiaraShidori

Cosplayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Cosplay *.*

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

It's not over, all is still open, it will be NaruSaku, believe it!

Dattebayo :P

Watching up und down :nslove: :narusaku:

#5 awesome sauce dude

awesome sauce dude

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Exactly. I don't blame naruto, I blame what the creator didn't do for/with naruto. Throughout the whole series he talks about never giving up, and yet he gives up on Sakura at the end. After loving her for the entire series. And yet we don't get a confession or resolution. All the pieces were in the right place for kishi to have naruto get all that he set out to do in the beginning, and bring sakuras development full circle. But he didn't. It seems like he doesn't even know his characters at all. If anyone is to blame, it is kishi for kittening on his characters development.

#6 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I feel sad for Naruto. He loved Sakura to such an extent that he's willing to sacrifice his happiness with her in favor of her happiness with whoever she wanted, even if it is Sasuke.

#7 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

Don't blame any of the characters. It's all Kishimoto

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#8 danittebane

danittebane

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, Naruto, Japanese food, History, International relations, Watching series

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

I think I understand Sakura's situation. I think the fact that she didn't move on from Sasuke is because she still believes that maybe there's a part of Sasuke that's got her in it. She believes that maybe he'll change and see her more differently. (I'm speaking through my experience hihi but idk)

But then still... Kishi could've gave it more time or something idk

Edited by danittebane, 06 November 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#9 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

No, I saw more people hating Sakura over this, and saying that she's had zero development. Guys, if she had zero development we wouldn't have been so surprised and dismayed by this ending. We wouldn't have shipped this. The problem is that it's an all-too-sudden regression. The problem is that she held onto her love for Sasuke, when the guy himself didn't understand. The problem was that it was all too strange, given what we know for a character. 

Then there are people I've seen on tumblr, who are saying that fans are supposed to take was we get and to appreciate what was given to us. That's not how fans engage with the material. It's the creator who is supposed to be grateful being able to make his livelihood off a fanbase, for one, but we have every right to be disappointed when we feel the writing doesn't hold up. I appreciate what Naruto and Sakura were, and have been for the majority of this manga. The fact that this is their resolution makes me really sad for their characters. I'm sad because Naruto ends up with such an uninspiring character who just suddenly got this array of focus. Of course, I'm incredibly sorry for Sakura, who ends up with Sasuke despite everything.

It's like the morale of this story is to never stop loving and caring no matter what. That would be a nice theme, but... you don't have to marry him. These were not love stories. I think Sasuke just needed a reason to be tied to Konoha, and if Sakura loves him and has his kid then it keeps him linked while he goes out and does whatever the heck he wants. He can be a wanderer with a wife and child to return to. Karin is not tied to Konoha in the same way. This isn't for Sakura, it's for Sasuke. 

I mean, if there's any character I would blame it would be him. He's the element to this story that consistently regresses people around him. Sakura and Naruto must love and forgive him no matter what. They must be stuck in the past because that's where Sasuke left them.

#10 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

I ended up reading this chapter anyway despite my initial plans not to. I guess Kishi forgot a lot of his own plot points, particularly Sakura not being certain yet how she feels about Naruto. Instead, we get the same fangirl we saw back in chapter 3. Nothing has changed. But Sasuke, man, he's changed big time . . . as if someone rewrote his characterstics. Same goes for Naruto. What happened to that talk about not being able to confess because he couldn't keep the POAL. Well he keep it, but nothing happens. Hell, even the POAL kind of gets easily dismissed. What a waste.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 06 November 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#11 DemonicFoxNinja

DemonicFoxNinja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, and video games.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

I don't hate Naruto the ones I hate are sakura, sasuke, hinata, and Kishimoto, but I am severely disappointed in Naruto.  I can understand that he couldn't win sakura over so he moved on but I would have rather have seen him alone and the hokage than being with hinata.  For crying out loud his mom said don't pick a weird one pick one like me and his dad even said that sakura was like his mom but what does he do he picked the weird one.  This ending was so bad that I cant even enjoy how everyone else turned out.  For me I just lost all interest in the series so im probably not going to bother watching the anime, its just what kind of message Is he trying to say.  Im sorry If this doesn't belong here I just had to put how I felt and for kishi all I have to say is don't ever bother with development if you don't go through with it and stop any future projects.  RIP to my childhood.

#12 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

I lose respect to naruto character. He doesn't deserve to be called a shonen hero. What a wimpy character.

Btw blame the author.

Edited by rocci, 06 November 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#13 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

i second the op. you must not blame the characters but the author. and kishimoto went off of road regarding naruto character.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#14 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Wow a topic asking to stop bashing a character to bash another one... Congrats. 

No one is to blame, neither Naruto, neither Sakura, neither Sasuke, neither Hinata (I know she's not part of what you mentionned). Kishi just decided since the very beginning that the girls feelings were more important and would eventually reach their men. Also talking about the killing attempt, there was a time I also considered it as an obstacle for SS, I still think it's a bad thing, but when you take a step back from the manga you realize it's just fiction, anything can happen, even love between people who tried to kill each other, how many times has it happen in  movies or series?

We just have to accept that we chose the wrong pairing, there were hints for NS, but in the end NS was the pairing that was aimed at keeping suspense. Weren't we the first saying Hinata was there for keeping suspense when she had development with Naruto? Yes we were, well we were wrong and in fact it was NS who was keeping suspense when that pairing had development like the hug or Yamato's sentence. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 06 November 2014 - 04:05 PM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#15 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Not Naruto Not Sakura not characters to blame

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#16 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Good guy naruto tbh. He wouldn't force sakura to love him the way he wants to

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#17 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

NARUTO didnt get her but he gave up on her. That's not Naruto. He would never give up no matter what;

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#18 Verme

Verme

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

NARUTO didnt get her but he gave up on her. That's not Naruto. He would never give up no matter what;

It was either giving up on a girl who can't get over an abusive, neglectiful relationship or giving up on his dream of having a family

#19 HokageSoulReaper

HokageSoulReaper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Comics/Manga/Anime, Pro Wrestling, NASCAR, Videogames, Sports

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

In character mindset, I bet Naruto was happy and willing to step aside and let Sakura X Sauce happen as long as she was happy

Overall it is Kishi's fault of couorse

#20 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

It was either giving up on a girl who can't get over an abusive, neglectiful relationship or giving up on his dream of having a family

I would have waited personally. I wouldn't have gave up at all. But that's just me.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users