• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Apr 28 2012, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does the translation page say? can we see it?

In the novelization the story ends with Sakura with Naruto in field together and she heals him and says "Stay with me! Don't give into your injuries!" he looks at her and she and holds onto him (the literal translation of this last bit comes out sounding too much like Naruto and Sakura attained some kind of mystical union- which just seemed a bit over the top to me- even as a narusaku shipper who would love something like that to happen, so it was one of those moments in translation where you have to take a metaphorical image and translate it into a more plausible concrete image- sometimes Japanese to English translations will be that hard to decipher- or the reverse for that matter, as my Japanese sensei discovered some years back when she was attempting to do her own translation of some Bible stories from English to Japanese. She was quite fluent in English but translating metaphorical stuff is totemo muzukashii! -very diifficult! So I guessed from the context what was meant was he looks at her straight in the eyes and she holds onto him as the scene draws back to show them in the field. That's the end of the story in the novel.

I'll get around to doing the other pages (especially the other ones I scanned) when I can find the time. My Japanese is rather basic (a bit over 100 kanji. I read Japanese on basically a 2nd grade level) so I need the aid of kanji dictionaries.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 28 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the one who is questioning:

WHY THE HELL NARUTO IS STILL ALIVE WITH A BIG ASS HOLE IN HIS STOMACH?!

Cuz Naruto is a damn beast. Mother kittener gets a 15 inch hole in his gut and dances like it was nothing.

#43 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 29 2012, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the novelization the story ends with Sakura with Naruto in field together and she heals him and says "Stay with me! Don't give into your injuries!" he looks at her and she and holds onto him (the literal translation of this last bit comes out sounding too much like Naruto and Sakura attained some kind of mystical union- which just seemed a bit over the top to me- even as a narusaku shipper who would love something like that to happen, so it was one of those moments in translation where you have to take a metaphorical image and translate it into a more plausible concrete image- sometimes Japanese to English translations will be that hard to decipher- or the reverse for that matter, as my Japanese sensei discovered some years back when she was attempting to do her own translation of some Bible stories from English to Japanese. She was quite fluent in English but translating metaphorical stuff is totemo muzukashii! -very diifficult! So I guessed from the context what was meant was he looks at her straight in the eyes and she holds onto him as the scene draws back to show them in the field. That's the end of the story in the novel.

I'll get around to doing the other pages (especially the other ones I scanned) when I can find the time. My Japanese is rather basic (a bit over 100 kanji. I read Japanese on basically a 2nd grade level) so I need the aid of kanji dictionaries.

I don't want to sound like an idiot. But what are you talking about? Is there a novel of Blood Prison or what? If so it's written by Kishi or someone else? So can someone please enlighten me?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just seemed like a typical prison drama to me dry.gif Wasn't too into it. Did not have that adventurous feel to it, being only in one location and all.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#45 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Nostradamus @ Apr 28 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to sound like an idiot. But what are you talking about? Is there a novel of Blood Prison or what? If so it's written by Kishi or someone else? So can someone please enlighten me?

The novelization is cowritten by Kishimoto and his friend Higashiyama. The ending is rather different from the movie. The novelization was based on the first script. Pierrot changed the last part of the story significantly in the filmed script.

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 28 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just seemed like a typical prison drama to me dry.gif Wasn't too into it. Did not have that adventurous feel to it, being only in one location and all.

Yeah, Pierrot turned it into something pretty cliched and dull.

Edited by ciardha, 28 April 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#46 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 29 2012, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The novelization is cowritten by Kishimoto and his friend Higashiyama. The ending is rather different from the movie. The novelization was based on the first script. Pierrot changed the last part of the story significantly in the filmed script.

Yeah, Pierrot turned it into something pretty cliched and dull.

Thank You.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#47 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

The movie was...okay. I personally liked the 3rd movie and The Lost Tower better but this movie has its moments. Like I liked Ryuuzetsu. She was really interesting and for once there was no random filler girl who developed random feelings for Naruto yet couldn't have him(Shion from the first movie, Amaru from the second movie, Sara from the 4th movie) laugh.gif! Sure Ryuuzetsu kissed him(to save his life) but she didn't seem to have romantic feelings for Naruto so it wasn't repeatedly used. I loved the fight scenes though, especially towards the end. Everyone played a part in it and no one was left out. It was cool seeing Tsunade wearing a Jonin vest like she used to. That Muku guy looked a lot like Sasuke in face, voice, and hair color which was more than a little weird confused.gif but it was almost completely different in personality when he got back to normal.

It was a little weird that Naruto could still run let alone fight with a big ass, gaping hole in his chest so that part was pretty stupid. There weren't much NaruSaku moments in it and though it bothers me a little, I don't care that much. Though the part I didn't like was when Sakura was healing Naruto after he collapsed. It was just..awkward. Her japanese voice sounded very distraught but it didn't match her face which only looked mildly worried. He had a gaping hole in his chest , literally on the verge of death, yet she wasn't sobbing when she was healing him headscratch.gif? Wouldn't Sakura being crying really hard if that happened? She didn't even check if Naruto was alright when Ryuuzetsu saved him. I feel Sakura was sort of out of character in this movie. This is not the lack of NaruSaku moments, I was just annoyed by OOC lack of concern over Naruto. I think another thing that bothered me was when Naruto was thinking about everyone and when it was Sakura, it showed her hitting him. I don't mind Sakura's hitting but the fact that they made Naruto remember that particular thing about her, it made it out like Sakura was a violent b*tch who isn't nice. It should of shown Sakura smiling at him or something because she doesn't even hit him that often. Maybe the novelization was better sleep.gif .

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#48 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 29 2012, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The movie was...okay. I personally liked the 3rd movie and The Lost Tower better but this movie has its moments. Like I liked Ryuuzetsu. She was really interesting and for once there was no random filler girl who developed random feelings for Naruto yet couldn't have him(Shion from the first movie, Amaru from the second movie, Sara from the 4th movie) laugh.gif! Sure Ryuuzetsu kissed him(to save his life) but she didn't seem to have romantic feelings for Naruto so it wasn't repeatedly used. I loved the fight scenes though, especially towards the end. Everyone played a part in it and no one was left out. It was cool seeing Tsunade wearing a Jonin vest like she used to. That Muku guy looked a lot like Sasuke in face, voice, and hair color which was more than a little weird confused.gif but it was almost completely different in personality when he got back to normal.

It was a little weird that Naruto could still run let alone fight with a big ass, gaping hole in his chest so that part was pretty stupid. There weren't much NaruSaku moments in it and though it bothers me a little, I don't care that much. Though the part I didn't like was when Sakura was healing Naruto after he collapsed. It was just..awkward. Her japanese voice sounded very distraught but it didn't match her face which only looked mildly worried. He had a gaping hole in his chest , literally on the verge of death, yet she wasn't sobbing when she was healing him headscratch.gif? Wouldn't Sakura being crying really hard if that happened? She didn't even check if Naruto was alright when Ryuuzetsu saved him. I feel Sakura was sort of out of character in this movie. This is not the lack of NaruSaku moments, I was just annoyed by OOC lack of concern over Naruto. I think another thing that bothered me was when Naruto was thinking about everyone and when it was Sakura, it showed her hitting him. I don't mind Sakura's hitting but the fact that they made Naruto remember that particular thing about her, it made it out like Sakura was a violent b*tch who isn't nice. It should of shown Sakura smiling at him or something because she doesn't even hit him that often. Maybe the novelization was better sleep.gif .

....i thought this movie was gonna be cool T^T.............i dont feel like watching it anymore......( i didnt watch the last one either)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#49 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 29 2012, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....i thought this movie was gonna be cool T^T.............i dont feel like watching it anymore......( i didnt watch the last one either)

Why do people have to go by what others say?? It's THEIR opinion, but don't give up on it before you've seen it yourself. Who knows, you'd probably like it! if not, well at least you'll know why.

I personally dont have a single bad thing to say about it. Im not picky and easily entertained so it worked for me. Some things may not have made sense with the timeline of the series, but the movies are completely seperate anyway. Trying to tie them together is just gonna give you a headache. as for how they portray the characters? Who cares, it's not even canon. it's just a movie. no need to make a big deal out of anything.
The animations was great, the OST was perfection and the movie centered mostly around Naruto which is always a-okay with me. Ryuuzetsu was a nice character, im glad she wasnt a princess...
theres a lot more i could say about it, but it's 4 am here and im tired...

so yeah, that's my two cents...

Edited by Fox-And-Flower, 29 April 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#50 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Well, in my opinion, the movie was not that great. I thought to myself, "Aw kitten, Blood prison, even the name makes sound epic." What I found in turn was something below the expectations. The plot was extremely awkward, to say the least. As for Ryuuzetsu, I didnt feel a connection to her character whatsoever. She was pretty much just that girl in the background. The action was flimsy, and could have used some improvement. And to sum it all up, Naruto looked like some anorexic fool that couldnt shut up half the time. To be honest, I was really excited for the movie and hoped it would play out like a true prison flick; what I got instead was disappointment.

#51 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I liked the movie and it was fun to watch biggrin.gif , But did anyone notice that this movie felt like it didn't belong to the series? Or is it just me?

Edited by Zeref, 29 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#52 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

did this movie was really based on novel by kishi?? I was totally shocked to see that everything seemed out of original, It felt so damn fake! Sakura not crying when she was seeing naruto dying and so was noone else around naruto, naruto easily accepted death of ryuuzatsu when kirabi came to him, and so many things to count which totally seemed fake!

Can anyone tell was their the same reactions and way the characters behaved in novel because if they did I expect kishi not to write a novel ever again in his life and yes also don't try to give same ending to his manga!

I didn't read all the pages of this thread so I don't know if u have already answered my Question, the first thing I did was come here and post this post!!

And was their really no NS moment in novel as well headscratch.gif ? I hope their was and this film was not properly based on novel because if it was I hardly think of a good reason to believe naruto(manga) will end in very good and sensible way! shamefulcry0js.gif

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#53 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 29 2012, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did this movie was really based on novel by kishi?? I was totally shocked to see that everything seemed out of original, It felt so damn fake! Sakura not crying when she was seeing naruto dying and so was noone else around naruto, naruto easily accepted death of ryuuzatsu when kirabi came to him, and so many things to count which totally seemed fake!

Can anyone tell was their the same reactions and way the characters behaved in novel because if they did I expect kishi not to write a novel ever again in his life and yes also don't try to give same ending to his manga!

I didn't read all the pages of this thread so I don't know if u have already answered my Question, the first thing I did was come here and post this post!!

And was their really no NS moment in novel as well headscratch.gif ? I hope their was and this film was not properly based on novel because if it was I hardly think of a good reason to believe naruto(manga) will end in very good and sensible way! shamefulcry0js.gif

To my knowledge, there were quite a few NS moments in the novel, but the animators switched it all around.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#54 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Apr 29 2012, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do people have to go by what others say?? It's THEIR opinion, but don't give up on it before you've seen it yourself. Who knows, you'd probably like it! if not, well at least you'll know why.

I personally dont have a single bad thing to say about it. Im not picky and easily entertained so it worked for me. Some things may not have made sense with the timeline of the series, but the movies are completely seperate anyway. Trying to tie them together is just gonna give you a headache. as for how they portray the characters? Who cares, it's not even canon. it's just a movie. no need to make a big deal out of anything.
The animations was great, the OST was perfection and the movie centered mostly around Naruto which is always a-okay with me. Ryuuzetsu was a nice character, im glad she wasnt a princess...
theres a lot more i could say about it, but it's 4 am here and im tired...

so yeah, that's my two cents...

its not like ill never ever watch it. it just wont be on the top list. :3 meaning I'll take my sweet time....and when im bored ill watch it biggrin.gif

i dont like any naruto movie with a girl lead in it >:3 (even though it seems people are telling me this girl isnt all over naruto) the only movie i liked with a lead "princess" was the first naruto movie :3

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 29 2012, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I found in turn was something below the expectations. The plot was extremely awkward, to say the least. As for Ryuuzetsu, I didnt feel a connection to her character whatsoever. She was pretty much just that girl in the background. The action was flimsy, and could have used some improvement.

Yeah that comes pretty close to my reaction, the filmed script was just a big bunch of nothing. I felt like I pretty much completely wasted my time watching that movie, I was disgusted. The only part that I found decently done was the part with the fake Naruto in Kumo. Even the dramatic ending with the canon characters involvement was very poorly written in the filmed script. In contrast Lost Tower was actually decent in the scenes with canon characters, not just the scenes with Yamato, Sai, Naruto and Sakura, but Naruto with Minato, Yamato with young Kakashi, etc... the story with the filler characters was pretty cliched, but at least most of it wasn't crashingly dull like Blood Prison's filmed script was. The filmed script of Blood Prison was on the level of bad of the dreadful Bonds, plus the whole long prison section was dull as hell. Kishimoto must have been really disgusted too by the poor quality of the filmed version of Blood Prison since he's gone to the still unusual action of getting directly involved with the next movie- Road to Ninja. The dreadfulness of Bonds apparently must have inspired his slight involvement with Will of Fire- which has been the best of the released Naruto movies, so as long as Kishimoto stays closely involved with Road to Ninja it should be quite good.

QUOTE (Zeref @ Apr 29 2012, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But did anyone notice that this movie felt like it didn't belong to the series? Or is it just me?

That's another problem with Blood Prison, in the filmed script very little of the canon characters characterization was anywhere in line with Kishimoto's canon characterization. It was actually even worse than Bonds on that score, at least in Bonds it was just Naruto that was way off (and in Sasuke's short appearance he was way off for his part 2 characterization, Pierrot basically wrote him like part 1 Sasuke. It just seemed too off, and was a rather painfully obvious insert for sales.) Blood Prison was an animated movie with a character named Naruto who looked like Kishimoto's Naruto and some characters who were named and looked like Kishimoto's characters but the characterization was so far off from Kishimoto's that I can't call it a Naruto movie because the Pierrotization was so bad... Bonds started off okay characterization wise, then went to hell in a handbasket on Naruto's charaterization. The plot was bad from opening scene...

QUOTE (kirabook @ Apr 29 2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To my knowledge, there were quite a few NS moments in the novel, but the animators switched it all around.

Certainly there is a strong and well written Naruto and Sakura interaction at the end of the novel. Kishimoto and his friend cowrote the novelization based on the first script, which Pierrot faked him out and "switched it all around" for the dreadful filmed script.

#56 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Novel? ._. Haven't heard of it, is it online?

Btw, I found it hilarious that people were walking around with giant holes in the heart.

ナルサク

#57 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Apr 29 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Btw, I found it hilarious that people were walking around with giant holes in the heart.

And did you notice that the hole pierced through their bodies and yet...The hole was dark red in the inside only?

#58 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Apr 29 2012, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what!? err.gif

seriously???

usually the naruto universe keeps it close to human durability......not like bleach....or one piece >:o....

#59 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Apr 29 2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naruto and Ryuuzetsu are pierced through their bodies leaving giant holes in their abdomens.

Ryuuzetsu: Naruto, I don't think we'll make it. Most of our internal organs are destroyed.

Naruto: It's okay we can walk it off! Besides the main good leads never die in the movies.

Ryuuzetsu: Oh... okay then. I'll trust you.

Ryuuzetsu dies from blood loss and organ failure

Naruto: Oh boy. sweatdrop.gif

#60 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

If we're talking about the novelization of Blood Prison, and there was a few NaruSaku scenes that didn't show up, here's a scene from the novelization as depicted by our favorite NaruSaku artist LadyGT93:

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 01 May 2012 - 09:53 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users