31562 replies to this topic

#29941 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:34 PM

Neen meaning to ask where did you get the 5 million numbers from? The Wikipedia page for boruto only shows boruto selling a million copies from 2017 and when I counted the the numbers from a reddit post up to 11 or 13 volumes, it was only 2.5 million?

What I meant to say was it doesn't even managed to sell 5 million copies worldwide for its 7 years run.

Whereas Naruto sold 250 million copies in its 15 years run.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29942 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:08 PM

What I meant to say was it doesn't even managed to sell 5 million copies worldwide for its 7 years run.

Tells you all you need to know regarding how Boruto is doing deep down even as hard as Shueishas been trying to push the series

#29943 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:22 PM

Tells you all you need to know regarding how Boruto is doing deep down even as hard as Shueisha been trying to push the series

They been pushing it recently? From what I recall, they pretty much completely washed their hands of it by the time Samurai 8 flopped.

Also remember that as isn't funny for me it is, the story still is stuck in its prologue.

It has 225 episodes right now. Naruto part one had 220. It has now gone on longer in its part one of Naruto did. It didn't get involved to the manga's plot till around episode 150 and Nail around 175. Naruto was done with its story by that point and was on to its filler arcs.

Yet, it is nowhere near as big as Naruto was or even now. People still care more about Naruto and watch it over Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2021 - 10:29 PM.

#29944 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:35 AM

Speaking about sales, check out this https://twitter.com/...Gbi-yW1PRQ&s=19

#29945 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 12:53 PM

today I witnessed a murder  :arg:  :arg:  :arg:

https://twitter.com/...570230236233729

ナルサク

#29946 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:52 PM

today I witnessed a murder  :arg:  :arg:  :arg:

https://twitter.com/...570230236233729

Boruto doesn't share even a single physical trait with Hinata. Naruto's genes virtually dominate hers in that regard since Boruto is an exact copy of him as a teenager sans a slightly different hair style.  And what would Sasuke, of all people, know? He never interacted with her or even looked her way.

Edited by Kagomaru, 27 November 2021 - 01:58 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#29947 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 02:24 PM

Boruto doesn't share even a single physical trait with Hinata. Naruto's genes virtually dominate hers in that regard since Boruto is an exact copy of him as a teenager sans a slightly different hair style.  And what would Sasuke, of all people, know? He never interacted with her or even looked her way.

Because, he is comparing faded memories of Naruto's childhood appearance to his son and going to any differences "oh those must be from Hinata." Though, it could also be he is taking after his grandfather -who had a delicate girly face- since Naruto has his mother's round face.

Hell, the daughter is pretty much Naruto with a purple mop on his head. So, apparently, Hyuuga genes just give people bad hair cuts, explains why most stick with long hair once they group up.

Yes, and what are you're thoughts on it?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 November 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#29948 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 03:40 PM

Online manga sales made up more than half of overall market. Rakuten is not the only platform providing the service (Kobo, their platform, is a good one and I'm a returning customers there). Nonetheless, their figures can be treated as a good proxy metrics when it comes to online market for manga. I personally take it with a grain of salt.

It's known that manga sales are trending up since the past couple of years. Last year was even higher despite (or rather, thanks to) pandemic. https://www.animenew...in-2020/.169987

As for Naruto / Boruto franchise, it's a gone case since the disastrous ending. Not surprised that in the rank it's part of the long tail, 74 and 88 respectively. A manga that ended 7 years ago performing "better" than its successor by 14 spots. Yikes.

If only they didn't mess up with NH & SS ending that jeopardized the whole story structure, it would've been in top 10, or at least top 20.

One Piece is in the top 10. Likewise MHA. Heck, even Bleach that suffered from declining sales in its last 1/3 of volumes is at rank 48.

Not only Boruto is performing worst than Naruto, a manga that ended 7 years ago. Its sales volume by volume today is gradually declining. To put it into perspective, those who dropped the manga in volume 15 are Boruto/Naruto loyal readers that has been waiting for 7 years, hoping the manga would be better. That shows even the pro-enders have given up on Naruto.

Made no mistake, I believe heads were rolling. Not just the recent editor who got fired. Why would they need to move the manga to a second tier distribution? Ever wondered why suddenly Hinata / NH / SS never been seriously featured in Boruto manga or anime? Why Sakura got the top 1 most popular character in Boruto poll? Why the story of the franchise move very slow and gets all over the place?

The franchise lost over 90% of its paying customers. Of course they'd be scrambling around to bounce back.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#29949 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 04:41 PM

Online manga sales made up more than half of overall market. Rakuten is not the only platform providing the service (Kobo, their platform, is a good one and I'm a returning customers there). Nonetheless, their figures can be treated as a good proxy metrics when it comes to online market for manga. I personally take it with a grain of salt.

It's known that manga sales are trending up since the past couple of years. Last year was even higher despite (or rather, thanks to) pandemic. https://www.animenew...in-2020/.169987

As for Naruto / Boruto franchise, it's a gone case since the disastrous ending. Not surprised that in the rank it's part of the long tail, 74 and 88 respectively. A manga that ended 7 years ago performing "better" than its successor by 14 spots. Yikes.

If only they didn't mess up with NH & SS ending that jeopardized the whole story structure, it would've been in top 10, or at least top 20.

One Piece is in the top 10. Likewise MHA. Heck, even Bleach that suffered from declining sales in its last 1/3 of volumes is at rank 48.

Not only Boruto is performing worst than Naruto, a manga that ended 7 years ago. Its sales volume by volume today is gradually declining. To put it into perspective, those who dropped the manga in volume 15 are Boruto/Naruto loyal readers that has been waiting for 7 years, hoping the manga would be better. That shows even the pro-enders have given up on Naruto.

Made no mistake, I believe heads were rolling. Not just the recent editor who got fired. Why would they need to move the manga to a second tier distribution? Ever wondered why suddenly Hinata / NH / SS never been seriously featured in Boruto manga or anime? Why Sakura got the top 1 most popular character in Boruto poll? Why the story of the franchise move very slow and gets all over the place?

The franchise lost over 90% of its paying customers. Of course they'd be scrambling around to bounce back.

Well, there goes me hoping to finally get Blue to give his own thought instead of just providing a link and making us come up with the answer.

Wait they recently fired another editor? Just to double check, you don't mean kodaichi who was the writer replace last year right? They actually recently fired someone else who was the editors?

As for why the story is so slow, here's what I think. If Kodaich was telling the truth and he was hired to only write 13 volume. Just to remind people companies don't like hiring people now a days because when they are fired they can sue, so instead they just use contracts, and when they want you gone; they just don't renew your contract. Then it means if we say it was originally for 13 instead of for every volume, they wanted at least 26 volumes of this manga to take about 10-15 years to write. They wanted another round of Naruto hopefully making the same amount of profits. The thing is Naruto actually had a goal and some plots that were able to keep people invested. Boruto completed his goal in the movie and doesn't have many plots.

So, what they did is they introduces a copy of the longest running plot in Naruto the chase after Sasuke, and hope they can make it last for 15 years. As well as going as slow as possible using build up as an excuse. Of course, since everyone has already seen it and they are going so slow; they are losing readers instead.

#29950 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 28 November 2021 - 01:14 AM

I just hope that Boruto gets cancelled so because its doing so bad, but SP will keep trying not like theyll ever admit they messed up and played favourites.

#29951 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:10 AM

I just hope that Boruto gets cancelled so because its doing so bad, but SP will keep trying not like theyll ever admit they messed up and played favourites.

So true. They got what they wanted, but it was for nothing.

#29952 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:17 AM

Well if you my thoughts Bail I was thinking it's kinda sad how naruto is still outselling boruto when it's ongoing. Also that it's sad that naruto one of the 3 biggest manga of the 2000s isn't in the top 10s to 20s and in the low 70s.

#29953 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:19 AM

So true. They got what they wanted, but it was for nothing.

Yep, and so did the Hinata fans, my hope is that one day writers will call this crap out. I mean, say like one of us becomes a bestseller writer we could say we didnt want to do a Naruto.

#29954 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:41 PM

Because, he is comparing faded memories of Naruto's childhood appearance to his son and going to any differences "oh those must be from Hinata." Though, it could also be he is taking after his grandfather -who had a delicate girly face- since Naruto has his mother's round face.

Apparently Sasuke describing Boruto
"
delicate, refined facial features that looked more like hinata than naruto"

Sakura describing Sasuke to Salad
"I don't know....maybe?"

Just saying....

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 November 2021 - 03:42 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29955 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:42 PM

Isn't that just ham kittening it just as much as Karin was saying Sarada was for sure Sasuke and Sakura's daughter for no reason after seeing her sharingan and chakra presision super strength, if not more so? I'M.JUST. SAYING. This is even more laughably sad by the way since as mentioned, Sasuke and Hinata have never spoken a damn line to each other in the canon (The bonds movie doesn't count) 

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 November 2021 - 04:42 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29956 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:50 PM

Isn't that just ham kittening it just as much as Karin was saying Sarada was for sure Sasuke and Sakura's daughter for no reason after seeing her sharingan and chakra presision super strength, if not more so? I'M.JUST. SAYING. This is even more laughably sad by the way since as mentioned, Sasuke and Hinata have never spoken a damn line to each other in the canon (The bonds movie doesn't count)

I still feel the original plan was that Karin is Sarada's mom, and that her super strength is from something else given Sakura had to learn it via Chakra control from Tsunade, plus how DNA tests are pretty damn accurate so Karin was lying to Suigetsu and to us. Which further shows how BS everything is now....

#29957 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 11:16 PM

I still feel the original plan was that Karin is Sarada's mom, and that her super strength is from something else given Sakura had to learn it via Chakra control from Tsunade, plus how DNA tests are pretty damn accurate so Karin was lying to Suigetsu and to us. Which further shows how BS everything is now....

I wonder if Sakura was originally not Salad's mom, but Salad's teacher. Like Tsunade to Sakura. Would be cool to have Salad and Shinachiku studying under Sakura while Hanami studied under Naruto.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 29 November 2021 - 11:16 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#29958 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:40 AM

I just hope that Boruto gets cancelled so because its doing so bad, but SP will keep trying not like they'll ever admit they messed up and played favorites.

It won't get cancelled. They are to proud/embarrassed to cancel it. They have cut all the excess so they get the most profit out of the lower quality product. It will keep going till it ends. Which will be not for another five years at least.

Well if you my thoughts Bail I was thinking it's kinda sad how naruto is still outselling boruto when it's ongoing. Also that it's sad that naruto one of the 3 biggest manga of the 2000s isn't in the top 10s to 20s and in the low 70s.

Sorry and thank you, it just gets old you providing a like to some twitter post and someone having to make the answer to why that is still isn't that impressive. In this case, yes they're both in the top 100 but all their contemporaries are all higher on the list most are even the top ten. Hell, even Black Clover is #50.

I wonder if Sakura was originally not Salad's mom, but Salad's teacher. Like Tsunade to Sakura. Would be cool to have Salad and Shinachiku studying under Sakura while Hanami studied under Naruto.

Possibly.

#29959 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 04:04 PM

This has always been my theory. Bad eyesight is genetic, although not 100%. And I believe Kishi came up with the Gaiden plot not just to screw with people but to insert some of his original ideas.

ナルサク

#29960 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:38 PM

This has always been my theory. Bad eyesight is genetic, although not 100%. And I believe Kishi came up with the Gaiden plot not just to screw with people but to insert some of his original ideas.

Still can't have an answer to my question...why did Karin give Salad and Sakura her glasses and keep the umibical cord? There is literally no logical reason for it and not once person has even attempted to answer. "Just because."

I think one person tried to explain it was a symbol of friendship, but I have to ask...how many ladies have given their best friend the umbilical cord of their child and why haven't more Naruto characters have done this too? Just a unicorn case. 

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users