soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

kataang atla

makorra lok

sora x kairi kingdom hearts i just wanna add to this nomura put sokai together in kh3 make them share the paopu in the final kh3 scene please ok im done

hiccstrid httyd 

fred and daphne scooby doo mystery incorperated

kai x jinora lok

bolin x opal lok

arnold x helga hey arnold 

buzz and jessie ts3 

stalka httyd2

maleficent x diaval maleficent

sam x quorra tron legacy

batman x catwoman

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#22 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Katara x Aang (That isn't anime)

indeed it isn't i ship them to as well as the most hated ship in lok makorra lol :) even though i might be the only one on this site who ships them idc ill ship them till the final book 4 episode

#23 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

indeed it isn't i ship them to as well as the most hated ship in lok makorra lol :) even though i might be the only one on this site who ships them idc ill ship them till the final book 4 episode

Is LOK the sequel? Is it as good as TLA?

#24 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

I ship Sora X Kairi.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#25 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Is LOK the sequel? Is it as good as TLA?

i like to think it is but most fans on here don't

#26 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

I like it

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#27 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

I ship Sora X Kairi.

http://onigiri-nii.d...g-GIF-268024299

#28 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Underlineds are or were ships I OBSESSED over

TV:
Damon/Elena - (The Vampire Diaries - mostly in seasons 1-3 though, it became unappealing to me in season 4)
Korra and anybody except Mako (Legend of Korra)
ZUTARA (I say it proudly, lol - Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Dean/Lisa (Supernatural - I mostly liked this one because he stopped sleeping with everyone and their mother for a while. Imagine that!  :zomg: )

Books:
Gale/Katniss (Hunger Games - Peeta go die in a hole, I hate you with or without the stupid love triangle crap)
Howl/Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle, THE BOOK - my other OTP <3)

Movies:
Practically any Disney couple... but these are my faves
Rapunzel/Flynn (Tangled)
Simba/Nala (Lion King)
Esmeralda/Phoebus (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Naveen/Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Mulan/Sheng (Mulan)
Other...
Hector/Andromache (Troy :cry: )
Jack/Rose (Titanic  :cry: )

Ehh, IDK. It seems like in the couples I care most about I ship the wrong one half the time - though to be fair, I KNEW Katniss was going to end up with Peeta before I even read the first book, but I still shipped Gale/Katniss. Good thing that isn't the case for NaruSaku!

Edited by Win-chan, 12 August 2014 - 05:59 PM.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

TV:

Damon/Elena - (The Vampire Diaries - mostly in seasons 1-3 though, it became unappealing to me in season 4)

Dean/Lisa (Supernatural - I mostly liked this one because he stopped sleeping with everyone and their mother for a while. Imagine that!  :zomg: )

Books:

Gale/Katniss (Hunger Games - Peeta go die in a hole, I hate you with or without the stupid love triangle crap)

Movies:

Rapunzel/Flynn (Tangled)

Simba/Nala (Lion King)

Mulan/Sheng (Mulan)

Other...

Hector/Andromache (Troy :cry:  )

Ehh, IDK. It seems like in the couples I care most about I ship the wrong one half the time - though to be fair, I KNEW Katniss was going to end up with Peeta before I even read the first book, but I still shipped Gale/Katniss. Good thing that isn't the case for NaruSaku!

About the bolded: I'm surprised to find someone else who doesn't like Peeta. I don't hate him necessarily, but he was such an 'eh' character, really flat and just boring. It felt to me like his only purpose was to be Katniss' love interest and I really didn't like that. I think Gale had far more potential as a character, but it was obvious that he wouldn't end up with Katniss so I never bothered shipping it, though I definitely would have preferred Gale/Katniss over Peeta/Katniss.

#30 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

About the bolded: I'm surprised to find someone else who doesn't like Peeta. I don't hate him necessarily, but he was such an 'eh' character, really flat and just boring. It felt to me like his only purpose was to be Katniss' love interest and I really didn't like that. I think Gale had far more potential as a character, but it was obvious that he wouldn't end up with Katniss so I never bothered shipping it, though I definitely would have preferred Gale/Katniss over Peeta/Katniss.

Are you talking about the book or the movie? Win-chan talked about the book, but I dunno about you. XD I don't want to shame non-book readers, but Peeta is really flat in the movie so then I can understand. In the book, he's charismatic, Katniss is socially awkward and good with words, so Peeta does it for her. His way of surviving in the games is getting the people to like him. He's also an excellent painter and a bakerguy. I don't understand when book-readers don't like Peeta. :c

I think Gale is the one who's flat actually. XD To me he was kind of like a male Katniss, the third book however expanded on their differences.

Edited by sushi., 12 August 2014 - 04:22 PM.

ナルサク

#31 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Are you talking about the book or the movie? Win-chan talked about the book, but I dunno about you. XD I don't want to shame non-book readers, but Peeta is really flat in the movie so then I can understand. In the book, he's charismatic, Katniss is socially awkward and good with words, so Peeta does it for her. His way of surviving in the games is getting the people to like him. He's also an excellent painter and a bakerguy. I don't understand when book-readers don't like Peeta. :c

I think Gale is the one who's flat actually. XD To me he was kind of like a male Katniss, the third book however expanded on their differences.

Oh I'm talking about the books. I guess Peeta just didn't work for me as a character, for some reason -- I just didn't like him. I like to keep an open mind about characters, give the author a chance to develop them, but I just wasn't feeling it with Peeta.

I think Gale had more potential, but I wouldn't say he was an exceptionally well developed male character or anything. In my opinion, Veronica Roth and Marie Lu write better male characters than Suzanne Collins. In the end, Katniss and Gale were shown to have some major differences, but up till that point I guess I just enjoyed the interactions between Gale and Katniss more than the ones with Peeta and Katniss. I think it probably just comes down to personal taste, and like I said, it's not like I ever believed Gale/Katniss had a chance or anything. :sweat:

#32 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Well, you're about to find out why people don't like Peeta :P

Hmm, I'm not sure who I disliked more, book Peeta of movie Peeta... The biggest problem I have with Peeta is that he's a completely incompetent oaf who always tries to help but he actually just ends up getting in the way. Take Catching Fire, for example. Mags died to save Peeta. The morphlings died to save Peeta. He was so incompetent that people had to throw their lives away to save that loser, and yet he seems to be completely oblivious to this fact and won't trust anyone else to help Katniss. The reason he volunteered in book 2 was not to save Haymitch. It was because he somehow thought it was possible for him to help Katniss out in the ring more than anything Haymitch could do, which is just idiotic. First off, Haymitch is a billion times more useful than Peeta is. Second, Katniss would be better off not having to worry about that idiot and constantly having to try to save him. Like in the first book, when they're sneaking around? Peeta keeps on stepping on branches and snapping them and almost kills himself eating poisonous berries. Third, he ACTUALLY THINKS HE CAN HELP HER. It's so arrogant, I think. She's strong and always ends up saving his sorry butt, yet he's always like, "I need to save you Katniss because I don't trust you to save yourself."

Ugh. Just ugh.

Don't get me started on Peen - I mean, Kapeeta (yeah. Their ship name is crap o.o Though Ganiss isn't much better, lol). Boring, disturbing, and shudder-worthy. I don't even know how it developed. In the first book, Katniss is all, "I hate Peeta but I'm gonna kiss him to get people to like me, oh, and I actually do kinda care about him, but I still kinda hate him, and it's gross to kiss him. Yeah, Peeta, it was all an act." I don't even know when the switch to actually romantically caring about him happened. Like, in book two she was like, "I choose you Gale," and then by the end she's like, "Peeta!!" Yick. I'm not even going to go into why Gale and Katniss is SUCH a better ship (IMO). I hate Peeta not even taking into account him getting in the way of Gale and Katniss. But take that into account, and my hatred for him is naturally multiplied.

I ship Finnick/Katniss more than Peeta/Katniss. Anyway, sorry, sorry, don't mean to be such a hater, I just can NOT stand Peeta. It's cool if you like him, but he will remain, alongside Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight, as one of my most hated characters ever.

Yes. I hate him that much. I just can't even.

(Sorry...)

Edited by Win-chan, 12 August 2014 - 05:05 PM.

SHINACHIKU

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#33 The Deity Zero

The Deity Zero

Diety of Jutsu

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world, blood, murder, darkness etc.

Not really.

Favorite Naruto characters: Rock Lee, Hinata, Guy, Kakashi, Gaara

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Best ship ever is obviously Bystander #3 and Pilot #1.
BELIEVE IT

#34 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

Well, you're about to find out why people don't like Peeta :P

Hmm, I'm not sure who I disliked more, book Peeta of movie Peeta... The biggest problem I have with Peeta is that he's a completely incompetent oaf who always tries to help but he actually just ends up getting in the way. Take Catching Fire, for example. Mags died to save Peeta. The morphlings died to save Peeta. He was so incompetent that people had to throw their lives away to save that loser, and yet he seems to be completely oblivious to this fact and won't trust anyone else to help Katniss. The reason he volunteered in book 2 was not to save Haymitch. It was because he somehow thought it was possible for him to help Katniss out in the ring more than anything Haymitch could do, which is just idiotic. First off, Haymitch is a billion times more useful than Peeta is. Second, Katniss would be better off not having to worry about that idiot and constantly having to try to save him. Like in the first book, when they're sneaking around? Peeta keeps on stepping on branches and snapping them and almost kills himself eating poisonous berries. Third, he ACTUALLY THINKS HE CAN HELP HER. It's so arrogant, I think. She's strong and always ends up saving his sorry butt, yet he's always like, "I need to save you Katniss because I don't trust you to save yourself."

Ugh. Just ugh.

Don't get me started on Peen - I mean, Kapeeta (yeah. Their ship name is crap o.o Though Ganiss isn't much better, lol). Boring, disturbing, and shudder-worthy. I don't even know how it developed. In the first book, Katniss is all, "I hate Peeta but I'm gonna kiss him to get people to like me, oh, and I actually do kinda care about him, but I still kinda hate him, and it's gross to kiss him. Yeah, Peeta, it was all an act." I don't even know when the switch to actually romantically caring about him happened. Like, in book two she was like, "I choose you Gale," and then by the end she's like, "Peeta!!" Yick. I'm not even going to go into why Gale and Katniss is SUCH a better ship (IMO). I hate Peeta not even taking into account him getting in the way of Gale and Katniss. But take that into account, and my hatred for him is naturally multiplied.

I ship Finnick/Katniss more than Peeta/Katniss. Anyway, sorry, sorry, don't mean to be such a hater, I just can NOT stand Peeta. It's cool if you like him, but he will remain, alongside Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight, as one of my most hated characters ever.

Yes. I hate him that much. I just can't even.

(Sorry...)

wow that was deep lol

#35 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

TV:

Books:

Movies:
Rapunzel/Flynn (Tangled)
Simba/Nala (Lion King)
Esmeralda/Phoebus (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Mulan/Sheng (Mulan)
Other...
Hector/Andromache (Troy :cry: )
Jack/Rose (Titanic  :cry: )

cool ships 

#36 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

JACK AND ROSE FROM TITANIC WILL BE MY FAV ALWAYS

Dexter and Debra from Dexter

Rachel and Luce from Imagine Me & You

Alex and Piper from OITNB

Glenn and Maggie from The Walking Dead

Fry and Leela from Futurama

The Doctor and Rose from Doctor Who

Maximus and Lucilla from Gladiator --- still hits me in the feels

Tori and Jade from Victorious --- dontjudgemedontjudgemeiusedtoshipthemreallyhard

AND A BUNCH MORE I OBV CANT THINK OF RN HELP

Edited by Fenris, 19 August 2014 - 03:11 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#37 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:22 AM

Yay, sushi.!!  Thanks for sticking up for Peeta.  I love him.  I found him to be a subtle, well-written, everyman kind of hero who provided balance and calm to the story.

More than anything, though, Peeta was the story's heart.  I really liked how Peeta slowly affected the way Katniss thought about things, how she approached conflict, and helped her heal.  

I liked Gale very much in the beginning, and I can totally see why people would ship Katniss/Gale, but Gale was an agitator.  The horror of their world caused Gale and Katniss (and Peeta, for that matter) to grow in different directions.  If Katniss had never been tribute, I have no doubt that she and Gale would have ended up together.  But Katniss would never have been truly happy.

And that's an aspect I remember most about the love triangle in the books.  Katniss had just as much trouble committing to Gale as she did Peeta; what Gale had going for him was familiarity and trust -- which she eventually got with Peeta.  They were just totally different types of men.  Gale ended up being the past, and Peeta the future.  Their futures were all changed forever when Katniss volunteered to spare Prim from the Games.

Suzanne Collins gave readers a lot of information about her characters by the names she chose for them.  (Rowling did a lot of the same thing.)  The names Katniss, Peeta, and Gale -- their meanings -- were strong indications of their root personalities, as well as the likely resolution to the love triangle.

One of these days I should reread the books.  They were a good, fast read.

#38 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

wow that was deep lol

Heheh, thanks. 

I liked Gale very much in the beginning, and I can totally see why people would ship Katniss/Gale, but Gale was an agitator.  The horror of their world caused Gale and Katniss (and Peeta, for that matter) to grow in different directions.  If Katniss had never been tribute, I have no doubt that she and Gale would have ended up together.  But Katniss would never have been truly happy.

Katniss is Katniss. She's never going to be happy. She's going to spend the rest of her days hating the world. The end of the third book just depresses me. In fact, the whole entire third book depresses me. Not that The Hunger Games books should have a happy ending... (that would be pretty out of place) I still didn't like how miserable she sounded at the end, even though she was married to her true lurv and had two kids. 

And I thought that Finnick's death was flat out horrendous. I mean, he randomly gets ripped to shreds by some muttations, Katniss has some weird, out of body merging experience, and then she just runs off and doesn't even care. Why, Suzanne, WHY?! Kill of your best character, ruin the main character's relationship with the second best character... :'( Another thing that bothered me about book three was that it turned Katniss into a sniveling wimp who just wanted to run away and didn't give two craps about ANYONE unless they were standing right in front of her. She was always running away and hiding in cupboards and complaining and being jerks to everyone, and I was just like, "What kind of protagonist ARE you? What happened to the girl who was so kick butt she volunteered as tribute to save her sister? Because I don't see her ANYWHERE." That's where I find Gale much more admirable than either her or Peeta. Remember in book 2, when Katniss wanted to run away? Even though she had the power to change the world they lived in, she was all, "I don't care! I just wanna run away with my family and poop on the potential I have to make a difference in this world." Then Gale admirably says that he can't run away anymore, because he CAN make a difference, so he WILL. He doesn't need to see someone's face in order to want to protect them. He actually has a brain that doesn't run purely off of emotion. He's willing to do what it takes to help all humanity, not just the five people he cares about. As for Peeta, well, the only thing he cares about is Katniss. If Katniss wouldn't run away, he would've been all, "Okee~whatever you say." He really needs to get his own hobby... or a life... 

ACK! I'm sorry, I'm sorry *sheepish* I should stop. I don't mean to rip on someone you like. I just get really fired up about the Hunger Games... It's because I love is so much that the things which upset me really make me mad. It's the same way with Vampire Knight. Sigh. I'll shut up now. 

SHINACHIKU

#39 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Well, as the saying goes, perception is reality.  Obviously I don't see the story or the characters the same way, lol.  At least not as negatively, or maybe I just feel that what you see as negative was realistic under the circumstances.

And I don't mind your passion, even if we don't necessarily agree.   :smile:  I get fired up about lots of things too.

#40 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Oh, good! I didn't want to offend anybody, but my fingers were typing and I was like, "Oh, crap. Stop saying that!" Haha. So I'm glad you don't mind my passion. As for seeing the story differently, I think that's much of the beauty that lies in fiction. That so many people can observe the exact same story unfold, and to every single individual, it means something completely different. Now of course, there's a difference between making extremely off-base predictions and actually using facts to back up your guesses, but as far as how you feel about the story, you feel what you feel, and I just think it's incredible how one work of fiction can speak differently to each individual. 

SHINACHIKU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: non-anime, shipping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users