#1 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

Volume 1 Cover --Click here to view--

Medaka Kurokami, the recently elected Student Council President of Hakoniwa Academy, has instituted a suggestion box in order to collect suggestions and improvements from fellow academy students. Along with her childhood friend Zenkichi Hitoyoshi, she sets out to solve any and all problems that come through. "Medaka Box" is a play on words with the Japanese term for suggestion box (meyasu box).

Manga Type: Shōnen featured in WSJ.

source of releases: CXC Scans

Edited by Dreamer, 18 February 2011 - 01:07 AM.

#2 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

To be honest I didnt think this would be any good, but I looked it up on wiki anyway and to my surprise, it is written by Nisio Ishin, the guy who wrote the light novels of the Bakemonogatari and Katanagatari series, which im a big fan of, so I've decided to read this too. It's pretty great so far, I'm enjoying it. I hope a decent studio decides to animate it one day.

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Been reading it since chapter 3 or so.

If we're lucky, we'll get an animation by next spring. There is probably enough material to get a full season now, but they might wait for the end of the current arc in case viewership is high and they continue.

Though I'm sure filler would be amusing as well.

#4 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:32 AM

I love this manga...(Kinda forgot about it though argh1.png) Thank you for reminding me I've got a bunch of chapters to read now.

JLHza2T.png

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Glad to know i'm not the only one from this site who loves this manga. smile.gif

#6 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Okay, it took me a day to finish reading the 52 chapters thanks to people distracting me, but now that I am up to date, I can safely say this is a really fantastic series. It has become one of my favourite manga ever along with Kenichi. It has everything I love in a anime/manga, Action, Comedy and Romance (a bit) specifically, along with some very awesome characters.

I'm curious as to how long this will be, Nisio Ishin's other works are pretty short (compared to standard shounen), so I suspect this to be done in a year from now at most, but I could be surprised. Oh well, as long as it isn't dragged out and he keeps the story the way he intended it, then im sure I'll continue to love it.

One thing that worries me is the fact i'm not sure how popular this manga is in Japan, and since it's in WSJ, i'm afraid they will dump it before it finishes. I will rage hard if that happens.

#7 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Jul 3 2010, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, it took me a day to finish reading the 52 chapters thanks to people distracting me, but now that I am up to date, I can safely say this is a really fantastic series. It has become one of my favourite manga ever along with Kenichi. It has everything I love in a anime/manga, Action, Comedy and Romance (a bit) specifically, along with some very awesome characters.

I'm curious as to how long this will be, Nisio Ishin's other works are pretty short (compared to standard shounen), so I suspect this to be done in a year from now at most, but I could be surprised. Oh well, as long as it isn't dragged out and he keeps the story the way he intended it, then im sure I'll continue to love it.

One thing that worries me is the fact i'm not sure how popular this manga is in Japan, and since it's in WSJ, i'm afraid they will dump it before it finishes. I will rage hard if that happens.

Issue 31 Bottom 5
Shonen Shikku
Metallica
Psyren
Medaka Box
Yotsuya (out)

Unfortunately Medaka Box is in the bottom 5 argh1.png

JLHza2T.png

#8 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Considering Psyren seem to be ending soo, there's change Medaka Box gonna go up the chart to take its place though. Just wait and pray I guess

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#9 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

I know the anime isn't out but here is the VOMIC:

#10 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Chapter 53 is finally done!

Latest Raws from 54-62

Unfortunately I still can't find any edited trans scans. sad.gif

#11 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

Kind of a boring chapter, I think. Just revealing that Medaka's sister still has emotions, and the enemy gets even stronger. I heard that Medaka Box is going to be canceled in like 10 chapters any validity to that statement.

JLHza2T.png

#12 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Aug 8 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of a boring chapter, I think. Just revealing that Medaka's sister still has emotions, and the enemy gets even stronger. I heard that Medaka Box is going to be canceled in like 10 chapters any validity to that statement.

I don't know about that, It's been in the top 10 almost every week.

#13 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 8 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about that, It's been in the top 10 almost every week.

Really? That's great not a chance of getting cancelled then, cause last time I checked it was in the bottom 5 and bottom 10 the week before that I think. Is the mask kid dead? or is he just knocked out from the pain.

JLHza2T.png

#14 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Aug 8 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? That's great not a chance of getting cancelled then, cause last time I checked it was in the bottom 5 and bottom 10 the week before that I think. Is the mask kid dead? or is he just knocked out from the pain.

He's not dead. They got the later raws out if you want to look at the later chapters.

#15 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 8 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's not dead. They got the later raws out if you want to look at the later chapters.

I don't usually reading raws, I can tell what's happening it just doesn't have the same impact as when I read with text. I guess I just like getting the full experience when I read it.

And, That's good I guess I like that mask kid he's empathetic.

JLHza2T.png

#16 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Chapters 54 and 55 are out!

So Medaka chan has the ability to copy and perfect anyone's abnormality. This Kumogawa guy looks pretty creepy.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 14 August 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#17 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 14 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapters 54 and 55 are out!

So Medaka chan has the ability to copy and perfect anyone's abnormality. This Kumogawa guy looks pretty creepy.

Isn't Kumagawa like the first person she used perseus mode on? I think I remember something about that in the flashbacks, or at least the only thing relevant I can think of with a transfer student. It was a while ago so don't trust me.

JLHza2T.png

#18 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Aug 14 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't Kumagawa like the first person she used perseus mode on? I think I remember something about that in the flashbacks, or at least the only thing relevant I can think of with a transfer student. It was a while ago so don't trust me.

Yeah i think he was the first person to make Medaka chan mad along time ago from what Zenkechi said. He's the only person Medaka chan couldn't change.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 14 August 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#19 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 14 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i think he was the first person to make Medaka chan mad along time ago from what Zenkechi said. He's the only person Medaka chan couldn't change.

Yeah that's who I was thinking of. Hopefully he will be able to win, most of the fights so far are 'Get injured>Get injured>Revelation>Win'. Though I'm pretty sure that Medaka will win, or change him whichever comes first.

JLHza2T.png

#20 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

I think I may have just read the series too fast, but I was under the impression that the guy who made Medaka mad was dead... I thought that it was implied that he killed himself. Oh well. XD Still an awesome series. I'm kind of sad that their sister isn't a crazzy scientist anymore, but I also like the fact that Medaka isn't going DBZ hair wise anymore. XD Viva Mars mode. tongue.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users