94 replies to this topic

#61 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:40 AM

And Cracked.com stopped my belief in the existence of Zombieapocalypse.

You have to take a lot of zombie fiction at face value. If you start thinking too much about it, a lot of the stories kind of fall apart. It's basically the unrealistic nature of the whole thing. There are occasions where writers have made it work though, but on the whole it's never been a realistic scenario.

Regardless, they make for great enemies and are always fun to kill, which is why I pretty much welcome their inclusion in video games.

Edited by dl316bh, 06 March 2011 - 04:41 AM.

bd5.jpg

#62 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 5 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to take a lot of zombie fiction at face value. If you start thinking too much about it, a lot of scenarios kind of fall apart. It's basically the unrealistic nature of the whole thing. There are occasions where writers have made it work though.

Regardless, they make for great enemies and are always fun to kill, which is why I pretty much welcome their inclusion in video games.

I didn't I just spent one day reading stuff on Cracked.com, but yes they are fun to kill and apparently are in every game I play in different forms. I had two friends on Xbox live and one was playing Black Ops I was playing Fallout and the other was playing ME2 for the first time.

It went:

"OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!"
"Nazi Zombies?"
"YES O GAWD!!!"
"Ha that makes no sense. OH CRAP REAVER!!!"
"Are there zombies in every game we're playing!?!"
"Not in mine, I'm playing Mass Effect."
"You know husks?"
"Yeah."
"Zombies!"

Edited by Insurrection, 06 March 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#63 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

I think we can all agree that this is the song we would want to play in a real zombie apocalypse:

#64 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

Silly Zombies~ I used to be afraid of them, when I was younger. Now I just kinda laugh or grit my teeth in frustration when one pops up in Resident Evil when my health is low. ;-; Or gets Ashley killed.

I'm not very good at video games but I like them all the same. I think it is more because for me, it's like an interactive story =D I blame my lack of skill on the fact that my mother never let me have any video games as a child. She thought it would rot my brain. At least she was nicer about letting me watch anime and disney =D

Broken figurine- Studies prove the happiest (and the most sexually satisfying for both partners- heh) marriages are ones between a feminist woman and a pro feminist man who sees his wife as equal human being. John and Yoko aren't the only ones that can have a relationship like that. smile.gif All the guys I've dated were like that, and I can personally attest it makes for a very good relationship. I still like all my ex boyfriends, and would date them again if asked by them.

Oooooooh, I liek wats in dem brackets.
For the record feminism should mean equality between the two sexes, but it often takes a female focus. I would think that rather than using feminism, it would be more that a healthy relationship has an eligatarian undertone.

I don't really care if my future husband/boyfriend does culturally masculine things or feminine things, as long as there's that element of choice and respect. I think that in these threads, all over the internet, as men and women complain about each other, that's been forgotten. In a relationship, does it matter what you're both respectively good at? Sure, because then you can complement each other's needs. It's when this all becomes some competition or having to prove something does the tension lie. I think it was Insurrect who posted that link where a woman talked about men being frustrated with women in the dating world. Every issue seems to be a communication one. People look at mens' issues and womens' issues, and forget that at the heart of it all they are issues and will effect us all in one way or another.

I think there is a lot of negativity toward the traditional type of female, too. I only have a problem with it if there's a power inequity that was not decided by both parties. Who does what chores and who is in what profession doesn't really matter.

...Oh gosh, I realize I want to be in a relationship now.
-cries- I want someone to give me back massages and bake muffins with me D; And sleep in and grumble at the stupid alarm clock with me... I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH.
-picks flower petals-

Edited by Broken Figurine, 06 March 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#65 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Mar 6 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-cries- I want someone to give me back massages and bake muffins with me D; And sleep in and grumble at the stupid alarm clock with me... I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH.
-picks flower petals-

We're kindred spirits. -Picks flowers too in loneliness.-

#66 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

-picks flower petals-

Make that two of us.

#67 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 6 2011, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make that two of us.

Make that three.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#68 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

Oooooooh, I liek wats in dem brackets.
For the record feminism should mean equality between the two sexes, but it often takes a female focus. I would think that rather than using feminism, it would be more that a healthy relationship has an eligatarian undertone.

Definition of FEMINISM
: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

Merriam-Webster

It has a female focus because it's a movement for the achievement of female equality- which still has not been achieved socially, politically, economically, etc... in any country, not even the Scandinavian countries where gender equality is the most evolved. It finally became socially possible for for people to have romantic lives where things are pretty equal with my generation- in large part due to the trailblazing efforts of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in the 1970's. We (those of us born in the 1960's) were the first generation to begin our romantic lives with at least some vague expectation of equality, those born in the 1950's and earlier had no idea such a thing was even an option when they dated, the second wave of feminism made that a possibility.

Part of true equality for men and women is realizing and becoming comfortable with what Abrams book is saying- because you are moving past old social expectations and roles, opening yourself to seeing the world in a different way that better reflects reality. If you do that then no one is being pressured to act to fit a role- neither women or men. smile.gif

Edited by ciardha, 06 March 2011 - 07:32 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#69 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

I look back at the first pages. and i dont see why ppl are getting upset sad.gif this is just giving girls some props, men are more out there then girls anyway, just say "wow thats nice for you guys" leave and move on to another thread, anyone that complains this thread is gonna get bad are just causing heat. smile and leave biggrin.gif

but anyway, i read it and thats cool. to bad women arent as confident as they can be.

but women cant live without men :3 and men cant live without girls.

Edited by merryGOflava, 06 March 2011 - 08:07 AM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#70 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 6 2011, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make that three.

Four? *shot*

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#71 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Wait, wait, are we all feeling sorry for ourselves about relationships now? If so, add me into the group. Still, this is the quickest, oddest turn around in subject I've ever seen in a thread about zombies. Ya'll are weird.

I'm not very good at video games but I like them all the same.

You'll get better at it. No one's a pro right from jump street. Takes time.

I think we can all agree that this is the song we would want to play in a real zombie apocalypse

My ideal soundtrack for the zombie apocalypse would be pretty mixed. With plenty of metal. You know, for when we eventually saddle up and start mowing down the zombies with automatic weapons.
bd5.jpg

#72 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

It was always meant to be a fun thread. Until "someone" started a wall of text on equality. I thought the book was just trying to empower women a bit, and giving chances to poke fun at men.

No? *shot*

#73 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ideal soundtrack for the zombie apocalypse would be pretty mixed. With plenty of metal. You know, for when we eventually saddle up and start mowing down the zombies with automatic weapons.

I would say Blind Guardian would be an excellent addition to the Metal, since it's more operatic and heavy-duty epic.

#74 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

By the powers invested in me as an International Smug Elitist, I hereby christen this thread the zombie thread!

Now we can all not argue and just go on about how rad zombies are.

It was always meant to be a fun thread.

What? fun? There is no fun allowed in such a thread! We must make this a serious discussion and get all angry! Grr!

I would say Blind Guardian would be an excellent addition to the Metal, since it's more operatic and heavy-duty epic.

Blind Guardian you say? I must check this band out.
bd5.jpg

#75 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2011, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blind Guardian you say? I must check this band out.

See if this perks your interest:

#76 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Book finds that zombies are easily slaughtered by Mik3, Shippudengirl and dl316bh.

Film at eleven.

See if this perks your interest:

Interest piqued.
bd5.jpg

#77 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

I love battlefield BG rocks!
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#78 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I always have BG, Disney or any other epic band/song playing when I play L4D/2. It helps me aim with the shotgun when the cavalcades are raining their orchestras down upon me.

#79 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

The zombie hoards are no match for the wail of a guitar.
bd5.jpg

#80 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2011, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Book finds that zombies are easily slaughtered by Mik3, Shippudengirl and dl316bh.

Film at eleven.

Interest piqued.

Lol, i'm still mad we keep dying! XD I hate when they get me from behind! Darn 6 zombies and their icky gas! Mik3 was the best butt-kicker!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users