Close
Photo

The Last: Naruto the Movie: Thread 1

2014 TheLast NarutoTheMovie2014 TheLastNarutoTheMovie NarutoMovie10 ShippudenMovie7 Naruto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16422 replies to this topic

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I actually read somewhere that Naruto isn't ending next year and that Kishi actually said that he doesn't know when he will end the series. I think it was during the Road to Ninja interview. Anyone feel free to prove me wrong I'm not sure of it myself. I'd Lie for Naruto to continue, but If it is to end next year I'm satisfied too.  :D

oh here it is though what it actually means is vague. either way I'm not sure if it's official.

http://mangahelpers....r-Than-Expected

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

I actually read somewhere that Naruto isn't ending next year and that Kishi actually said that he doesn't know when he will end the series. I think it was during the Road to Ninja interview. Anyone feel free to prove me wrong I'm not sure of it myself. I'd Lie for Naruto to continue, but If it is to end next year I'm satisfied too.  :D

oh here it is though what it actually means is vague. either way I'm not sure if it's official.

http://mangahelpers....r-Than-Expected

He said one year and half but can take longer than that, the interview is from 2012 on june so it already passed an year so i think it's close to the end already and he even said this on the most recent interview saying that the ending is close.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

True. either way I'm fine with his decisions, though to be honest if he were to drag it out ore the story could lose meaning evetually, so it IS better to end it sooner than later so he can focus on a new series if anything. But I won't lie, I'll be sad when the series ends just like with FMA.

#24 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

True. either way I'm fine with his decisions, though to be honest if he were to drag it out ore the story could lose meaning evetually, so it IS better to end it sooner than later so he can focus on a new series if anything. But I won't lie, I'll be sad when the series ends just like with FMA.

I think if he wanted to make the story longer he would not have rushed the akatsuki's arc, i mean he didnt show the other jinchuurikis fighting and/or show an arc with Killer Bee.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 19 August 2013 - 02:27 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#25 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think if he wanted to make the story longer he would not have rushed the akatsuki's arc, i mean he didnt show the other jinchuurikis fighting and/or show an arc with Killer Bee.

His editor made him rush the Immortals arc.

There's absolutely no reason why a mangaka would want to end his series quickly. It is his bread and butter. If he ends this series and goes on to create a new one, it will forever be scrutinized for not living up to the success Naruto has achieved.

Edited by Nefertieh, 20 August 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#26 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

His editor made him rush the Immortals arc.

There's absolutely no reason why a mangaka would want to end his series quickly. It is his bread and butter. If he ends this series and goes on to create a new one, it will forever be scrutinized for not living up to the success Naruto has achieved.

It's a rumour like the part where he had to ressurrect the people who died on the village(including Hinata), and the Taka team, they should had been dead.

The only thing that is proven is the Taka team, where he said that the editor himself told him to give a background to them(work on them).

SK-303_image007.jpg

#27 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

It's a rumour like the part where he had to ressurrect the people who died on the village(including Hinata), and the Taka team, they should had been dead.

The only thing that is proven is the Taka team, where he said that the editor himself told him to give a background to them(work on them).

Well Hinata didn't die, Tenten commented that her wounds weren't life-threatening. And I doubt Kishimoto would have allowed the dead people to stay dead -- Naruto can't be Hokage if he doesn't have a village to protect.

If I recall correctly, he said his editor made him give Team Taka more battles, not backstories.

Edited by Nefertieh, 21 August 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#28 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well Hinata didn't die, Tenten commented that her wounds weren't life-threatening. And I doubt Kishimoto would have allowed the dead people to stay dead -- Naruto can't be Hokage if he doesn't have a village to protect.

If I recall correctly, he said his editor made him give Team Taka more battles, not backstories.

I dont remember very well about the taka stuff, i only remember he saying that the editor told him to work on them.

1st bolded, i never understood that, i mena he killed everyone on a cold blood but let Hinata alive?

Ins't ridiculous, he killed Kakshi, killed countless ninjas, and when he's in front of her he stabs her but her wounds are not fatal?

How so? that clearly showed some kind of "fandom barrier" because she got some kind of disney death or similar nonsense.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 21 August 2013 - 03:46 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

well I'd also like to point out that he was supposed to actually have a Tsunade and Pain fight, but his editor wanted Naruto returning to be the last chapter of the year for Christmas so the idea was scrapped. So yeah some things may be rushed, but it may not be the authors intention, Plus there could be plenty of room to expand the plot if he wants. But that is only if he wants to continue Naruto. If he feels that he's done enough with it and the editors only force him to drag it out for sales like Dragon Ball then I'd rather not it continue. But if he still feels inspiration to drive the plot further and can continue without destroying his structure and concept entirely then I'd rejoice.

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 August 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#30 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I dont remember very well about the taka stuff, i only remember he saying that the editor told him to work on them.

Well, I made the same mistake until someone else pointed out to me that Kishimoto only said his editor wanted him to incorperate Taka into more battles. Kishimoto isn't the type of writer to create characters and not give the backstories.

1st bolded, i never understood that, i mena he killed everyone on a cold blood but let Hinata alive?

Ins't ridiculous, he killed Kakshi, killed countless ninjas, and when he's in front of her he stabs her but her wounds are not fatal?

How so? that clearly showed some kind of "fandom barrier" because she got some kind of disney death or similar nonsense.

I think Kishimoto was actually doing the naruhina fandom a disservice for not (temporarily) killing Hinata. Obviously it would seem even more cold-hearted on Naruto's part if she literally died for him, and he couldn't even bother to talk to her.

Edited by Nefertieh, 22 August 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#31 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

we gotta remember hinatas fanbase here at the west is huge so he cant kill her off just yet im not even sure if she will survive this ninja war against obito and madadra we will just have to wait and see

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#32 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

we gotta remember hinatas fanbase here at the west is huge so he cant kill her off just yet im not even sure if she will survive this ninja war against obito and madadra we will just have to wait and see

I see absolutely no reason for her not to, regardless of the size of her fanbase here or in the East. Killing her now would serve no purpose, she already nearly died in the Pein arc, and would have been gutted like Neji if he hadn't jumped in front of her. When Kishi kills a character it is always in the interest of the plot, so Hinata will live I'm quite sure.

#33 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

I see absolutely no reason for her not to, regardless of the size of her fanbase here or in the East. Killing her now would serve no purpose, she already nearly died in the Pein arc, and would have been gutted like Neji if he hadn't jumped in front of her. When Kishi kills a character it is always in the interest of the plot, so Hinata will live I'm quite sure.

you got a point there

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#34 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Information and thread on the new movie. :) airs December 6.

hq scans of the magazine article

Takl :

appearently those rough sketches are for the movie.

"the original plot, character designs, total supervision by Kishimoto-sensei!!"

←Check around the neck, it's different than his usual outfit and looks neat.
"Got rough sketches by kishimoto-sensei!!"
kishs hand writing in the sketch
"when in mission"

→Strapping and short-haired. with the dauntless look and grown-up expression.
"What on earth is this appearance of Naruto's...!?"
kishs hand writing in the sketch
"when at Ichiraku ramen"

This year's 35th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday the title and opening date of the next Naruto film. The Last -Naruto the Movie- will open on December 6. It will be the first Naruto film in two years, and it is part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga.

Manga creator Masashi Kishimoto is credited with the original story, character designs, and chief story supervisor of the film. In particular, he is drawing new designs for the title character in the movie. The magazine notes for one set of designs, titled "Ramen Ichiraku": "Naruto's body is very toned, his hair is cut short, and his expression is one of an adult."

A 15-second version of the movie's teaser trailer will air during the Naruto Shippūden television anime's broadcast on July 31. Then, the full version will start running in theaters on August 1. In addition, a Naruto exhibition will open in Japan next year.

There was a new Naruto film every year since 2004 until 2012. The ninth film, Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie, opened in Japan in July 2012 and became the highest grossing film in the franchise. Viz Media has released several of the films in North America, and it will present Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie in select cities on August 29.

I wonder what this 'new era' stuff is about... I mean, I'm sure this whole thing is because this will be the last Naruto movie and the manga is surely ending soon, but 'new era'? hm...

Anyway, I'm so happy that Kishimoto was in charge of this movie. Guess they learned with RTN how Kishi coming up with the story, designs, etc. would pay off so well, and it was a good idea to get him again, since this will be the last movie (well, if it really is the last movie, anyway. hasn't been definitively confirmed yet though). though if this movie has a lot of ns people will definitely claim that kishi barely had anything to do with this project, it was just for show, just like what happened with RTN

Edited by Hiraishin, 23 July 2014 - 09:46 PM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#35 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

If this is intended to take place two years after the ending, wouldn't that make Naruto 19? Not exactly "prime of body/mind" but this is probably going to be the best glimpse we'll have of Kishi's future for the manga until an epilogue is released.

I'm chiefly interested to see what the character designs are going to be like. If they're from Kishi then that must imply an intent to use those styles to represent his perspective of the characters.

Edit: There could even be a one chapter spin-off like Road to Ninja.

Edited by Atheck, 23 July 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#36 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I have the feeling we will only see him during the whole film (I bet it will have flashbacks too.)

aw9vkj.gif

#37 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

If you look closely, Naruto's Character design is revamped. So yes, this is going to take place after the series. And Dec. 6 is enough time from now to finish the series before the movie comes out.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#38 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

"It will be the first Naruto film in two years, and it is part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga."

Isn't this basically hinting that a part 3 is going to happen? I mean Naruto looks a little bit older in the picture there. And this isn't techinically the "Last Naruto movie", since the title is only the "The Last". I don't know,  also that part saying "part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) " seems to imply it. I will await the teaser though to see what the plot may be.

Edited by SilverStar, 23 July 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#39 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

I think it's an AU, why would he be dressed like that? The sketches where he wears the headband suggest he is in the military, otherwise he would be wearing the normal jonin outfit.

Edited by LadyGT, 23 July 2014 - 08:55 AM.

aw9vkj.gif

#40 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Naruto is horrible with short hair. I always found him so sexier than Sasuke, but with hait like this...? Nah, I still fins him sexier. 

I have the same feeling as LadyGT, we'll only see Naruto but I think he will rememer his whole life until now (the movie). Well that's my bet. 

Edited by 咲耶姫, 23 July 2014 - 08:54 AM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2014, TheLast, NarutoTheMovie2014, TheLastNarutoTheMovie, NarutoMovie10, ShippudenMovie7, Naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users