#21 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

http://www.guardian....-gaddafi-france

Allies hit Gaddafi forces. He should probably start to look for a way out of Libya. Or plan his death by now.

http://www.dailypres...0,3998974.story

Oh yeah baby, is about time.

Now the last great question, should we do the same to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Bahrain.

Edited by Strangelove, 19 March 2011 - 07:32 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#22 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Mar 19 2011, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now the last great question, should we do the same to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Bahrain.

What's to stop us? It seems we are involved now, we might as well see this thing through.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#23 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Mar 19 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[url="http://www.dailypress.com/news/military/dp-nws-libya-langley-20110318,0,3998974.story"]http://www.dailypress.com/news/military/dp...0,3998974.story

Oh yeah baby, is about time.

HELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME. Oh yeah, Raptor Baby! *Has been in love with this fighter jet since age 2*

Also, we should, but will we? Nope, they got da oil and the bases.

Operation Odyssey Dawn Has Begun:

http://www.bloomberg...n-odyssey-.html

THE PENTAGON SPOKESMAN ANNOUNCES DETAILS: 110+ TOMAHAWK CRUISE MISSILES LAUNCHED AT LIBYA BY THE UNITED STATES NAVY AND UK ROYAL NAVY AT LIBYAN AIR/ANTI-AIR INSTALLATIONS.

Edited by Insurrection, 19 March 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#24 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

You're all disgusting. "Yay, we're going to slaughter Libyan- I mean, Gadhafi! Yay, we get to knock over another government!" You wil all start crying like babies and blame Obama when this escalates. You all did the same, exact thing at the beginning of Iraq and Afghanistan and now hate Bush and Obama for it (yet now Obama is suddenly the 'mastar 1337 strategist for imposing Oil-Monger's will on the Middle East; how humanist of you all), and to see you all dancing on the graves of Libyan children is sickening.

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 19 2011, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're all disgusting. "Yay, we're going to slaughter Libyan- I mean, Gadhafi! Yay, we get to knock over another government!" You wil all start crying like babies and blame Obama when this escalates. You all did the same, exact thing at the beginning of Iraq and Afghanistan and now hate Bush and Obama for it (yet now Obama is suddenly the 'mastar 1337 strategist for imposing Oil-Monger's will on the Middle East; how humanist of you all), and to see you all dancing on the graves of Libyan children is sickening.

You're entitled to your opinion, but calling people here disgusting and accusing them of 'dancing on childrens graves' is un-called for. Please watch your tone of voice. It comes off as insulting.

#26 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

Personally I was all for Bush getting rid Hussein. Still am.

#27 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Gaddafi recently said "You will regret if you intervene in our country."

I now know why he wears glasses...he is high.

#28 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Happy over Fighter jets that cost $100+ million per plane in taxpayer money and haven't seen use that get to be used to see if they work in helping overthrow a dictator yes, and also that they make things go boom; but slaughter of innocents, no.

Hate Bush? Yes. Because he was a failure and a liar. We were on the warpath after 9/11, it was mishandled.

Let me see if I still remember your opinion:

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Feb 21 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then people, no longer united by the Empire, start to slaughter each other over ideals while the Constables hide in their homes. Thousands are murdered, millions are left to starve for famine, and leaders beyond leaders are executed for faulty choices or they themselves commit mass slaughter.

Then, the empire comes back and the nation is united again under a charismatic king or emperor, or even queen. The former ideals leave some impact, but the ideas of republicanism are thought of as too radical and too corrupt.

[LOL FRENCH REVOLUTION. It's bound to happen soon, no matter how many nations the United States tries to overthrow and establish puppet-states in. Empires and Kingdoms will return, and I will welcome them back with an open embrace.

Edited by Insurrection, 20 March 2011 - 02:47 AM.

#29 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 19 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, you shouldn't stereotype. There are millions of Americans who would absolutely agree with you.
Secondly, there's not a soul alive who thinks President Obama is a master, elite strategist. In fact, they think quite the opposite of Obama, especially since the No-fly zone would have made a lot more sense 5 weeks ago.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#30 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

I just want to see those planes blow things up that's all. ^^

It doesn't have to be people, it could just be rocks.

also is it possible that when all this revolutions are over, could North Korea and China go next?

Edited by Strangelove, 19 March 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#31 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

American and British warplanes and ships launched Air strikes today at libyan targets.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#32 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

there is of course one thing Western powers don't realize about Muammar Gaddafi

In one of his interviews he claimed that he was not the ruler of Libya and Libya was a state run by the masses.

You can't fire Muammar Gaddafi, because Muammar Gaddafi does not exist xD

#33 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

So I found all this out by my dad calling me and saying that France just bombed Libya. I was like WHAT!!!!!!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Lighten up a bit on Kamina, I see his point when you all went Squee on the Raptor seeing action. While I do know it was because it was finally going to action, it's not a hard leap of judgment for one to see that you're all squeeing at the thought of a fighter plane bombing cities. Also, Strangelove's question of "Should we do the same to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Bahrain" makes him sound like a War Hawk. I'm sad that everyone had to resort to violence to resolve this issue.

#35 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Was there really any other way, the guy was killing his own people....

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#36 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Mar 20 2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lighten up a bit on Kamina, I see his point when you all went Squee on the Raptor seeing action. While I do know it was because it was finally going to action, it's not a hard leap of judgment for one to see that you're all squeeing at the thought of a fighter plane bombing cities. Also, Strangelove's question of "Should we do the same to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Bahrain" makes him sound like a War Hawk. I'm sad that everyone had to resort to violence to resolve this issue.

But isn't aways like that? Through war we achieve what we want. Be it peace, democracy or dictatorship. Once an Kung fu teacher, whose gave me lessons for about an week, taught me something I believe to be truth, "man cannot live an eternal cicle of war and neither an eternal cicle of peace", we need both happening in order to make things keep moving around us, that's how human nature is. Unfortunately man sometimes cannot be reasoned with words, and when that happens violence is the only option left, and that the same situation with Gaddafi, he woundn't listen when international authorities said to him to stop his opression against his own people, and now that happened all that is left is to destroy him. This might sound sistematic but this is how our leaders think. Of course the USA and the EU don't play hero for free, so they might have their own motives to be doing what they are doing, whatever they are. Nobody is saint after all. But personally, between being under the control of that mindless fool and be attacked and dominated by an internation force, what would be the best option?

Edited by alexander, 20 March 2011 - 04:24 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Yeah now for my real comments, as how this show, the change of the presidency.

For the first time, in i don't know since when, a president has the capability of declaring war on a foreign country, without going through congress.

From Eisenhower to Bush, from Kennedy to Obama. The republican presidency has become the Imperial presidency. Each successor to they're party abuses more executive power than the previous administration.

#38 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

George Carlin has some words for you all. He told me to post this:

#39 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Mar 20 2011, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If people are squeeing at the thought of a fighter plane bombing cities(?), it would mean that we're jumping to conclusions because they've claimed that they'll be sticking to targets outside of cities and it either means that we're already squeeing over Gadhafi's snipers shooting civilians in the head and yet somehow restraining our joy.

And we didn't have to resort to violence. We could've just let Gadhafi search Libya house-to-house to execute all of the rebels as he promised and then it'd just be one side resorting to violence to resolve it, not "everyone" which I guess means the US, France, UK and Libya. The UN has been moving at a glacial pace while Gadhafi has retrenched and begun massacring his own people.

#40 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Mar 20 2011, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be reading something completely different from me, because I have not seen anyone squeeing at people and cities being bombed mellow.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users