54175 replies to this topic

#43461 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, you're right. That's why I came to the conclusion that Sakura ended up taking the most crap simply because Naruto attracted a wider fanbase. It also didn't help that this fanbase has to be the most closed minded fan base I ever meet. The fact that people still call Sakura "abusive" makes me confused. It also makes me cringe when they say that Sakura herself was abusive towards Sasuke, out of all characters. 

Yeah, Naruto attracted a wider audience, and within this audience, there were new readers and watchers that were surprised by Sakura.

Tsundere characters aren't meant to be hated when they show their violent behaviors. It's meant for humor and laugh which is called comic relief.

One of the things I like in anime is the tsundere character. They're powerful, helpful and very funny XD

Edited by T XD, 12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#43462 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

You know something remember when the clone wars first started way back and people hated Ahsoka but look at her now and how many love her and are want to know what happened to her that is how a good writer does their females in a story unlike Kishi and people say he is a good writer well namely NH fans that is.

not only that I get so pissed when they say Sakura did nothing but abuse Naruto it makes me so pissed when they say this like they know what abuse is, I tell you they kittening don't know a damn thing on abuse, I want to get real with all of you right now and say my dad abused my mum in more wats than one I saw what he did to her. As did my sister they kitten even wanted us to spy on her hell he once even lied to the police, what he did to myn mum was abuse and when and NH says that Sakura is abuseive  to Naruto makes my blood heat up.

Its also why I hate what Kishi said about why Sakura couldn't move on as she would be a bad woman if she did as it hits home a lot worse for me.

Ahsoka is an awesome character and I'm only six episodes into clone wars. I'll take Ahsoka over any one in naruto.

#43463 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

But that's the thing you guys they need toi know what it meant for laughs and to be played for humor and what is not meant to be for laughes I mean like Sasuke and what he did to Sakura that is abuse, not what she did to Naruto. I mean think about it guys as long as its the man that does it then its okay.

I mean that is why I teach my family mainly my siblings kids on this what is meant toi be funny and what is BS aka NH and SS and how when Sakura hits Naruto it's meant to be played for laughs like I don't know Homer getting hit in the head by his baby daughter Maggie meant for laughs.

But I have also said not to read Naruto and to stay away from it and to read better manga, and that is the other thing I would tell them to read the manga and so on.

#43464 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

But that's the thing you guys they need toi know what it meant for laughs and to be played for humor and what is not meant to be for laughes I mean like Sasuke and what he did to Sakura that is abuse, not what she did to Naruto. I mean think about it guys as long as its the man that does it then its okay.

I mean that is why I teach my family mainly my siblings kids on this what is meant toi be funny and what is BS aka NH and SS and how when Sakura hits Naruto it's meant to be played for laughs like I don't know Homer getting hit in the head by his baby daughter Maggie meant for laughs.

But I have also said not to read Naruto and to stay away from it and to read better manga, and that is the other thing I would tell them to read the manga and so on.

That's what we are saying :P The hitting is for comic relief .

#43465 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, Naruto attracted a wider audience, and within this audience, there were new readers and watchers that were surprised by Sakura.

Tsundere characters aren't meant to be hated when they show their violent behaviors. It's meant for humor and laugh which is called comic relief.

One of the things I like in anime is the tsundere character. They're powerful, helpful and very funny XD

I still don't understand why Sakura got so much hatred even as a tsundere. She did many things that tsundere characters have done in the past.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43466 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

I still don't understand why Sakura got so much hatred even as a tsundere. She did many things that tsundere characters have done in the past.

Because they love Hinata more.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#43467 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Because the alternative was literally a sex doll.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#43468 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

I think both explanations sound reasonable.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43469 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

They hate salutes for doing that but it's fine for rukia and Erza doing that. Something it wrong here.

#43470 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Nice Simpson's reference and good example. Everything sasuke did to sakura was absuse not love, he doesn't know what love is then again naruto doesn't either. Still waiting for naruto to choke bolt like homer does to Bart.

#43471 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

its called die for our ship. Basically she was in the way of the fan preffered ship and thus any reason at all was valid to hate her.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#43472 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

So I've been rereading alot of Seishi's manga recently like O-Parts Hunter and Blaze Drive specifically, and after finishing them up.. I kinda wondered about their development and comparing it to NS as to how similar they are and if they are better than NS? 

So let's start with Jio and Ruby: 

BlendJioRuby.png

If you guys have read the series then you know the kind person Jio is at the beginning of the story, and how Ruby steps into his life slowly, but surely he understands and in a sense she becomes his "first" pillar in his life and it greatly impacts him, and Ruby recognizes everything that Jio has done to a point where they both understand one another. Not to mention that's it just her and Ruby and no third wheel if you know what I mean.  They're both there for one another in their time of needs. At the same time I could kinda tell Seishi was kinda pocking at Masashi when it came to NS with Jio and Ruby and this might be me, but just a tad bit more natural.

Now we have Daichi x Misora 

daichi_and_misora_by_dsm164-d5l2x72.jpg

3028407460_1_11_E5Zz2aRF.png

Daichi is somewhat reckless, but knows how to deal with difficult situations. Despite his self absorbed attitude Daichi cares about his friends as he wants to protect them.   Daichi is close to his friend and team leader Misora even though they get into arguments. Misora is a quiet and caring wanting to help people to the best of her ability. As a team leader she takes her position very seriously and tries to keep her teammates in contact at all times. She is also a firm believer of the power and will of a woman and will go against the distance to prove it. She's close to Daichi who she does have romantic feelings towards, and it's shown when she is worried about him and trusts that he will come to help her when needed. Just a little spoiler it is heavily implied that they do end up together because of how it ends.  Also between O-Parts Hunter Blazer Drive.. this series is a little rushed and I think because it wasn't doing that well in sales or something I can't remember at the top of my head, so some stuff does get skipped over, but you can see the development in this pairing in spite of that, and for that I think Seishi pulled it off. 

side out - (I kinda wiki'd it just to remember :sweat:

Finally we get to NaruSaku (Masashi Kishimoto) 

bfdckz6gyzdit4twympfxdhpzgwuiixo_hq.jpg

I don't think I really need to go in detail about this one because almost everyone knows what NaruSaku represents. I will say this the pairing did have developments.. Lots and lots of it, and we all know what happened in the end. There is just one major difference that Sakura as main character has that Ruby and Misora don't.  Sakura was a character that was stuck in a love triangle between the other two characters while Ruby and Misora weren't. There was always this back and forth process when it came to Sakura and "her" love throughout the series. I'm not saying that a love triangle can't work, but in terms of Kishi's case it wasn't executed properly not to mention that Seishi did a minor love triangle with Jio in O-Parts Hunter, but he swept it under the rug in a believable manner with a character he thought she worked with cause deep down he knew Jio and Ruby were perfect for one another. I guess it also kinda worked in his favor maybe because the series he wrote aren't long and drawn out like Naruto, and perhaps it's not as popular as Naruto  which I feel is a blessing and a curse.  I still think NaruSaku is pretty realistic, but I feel Sakura always limited herself because she herself never knew the truth about the bench scene. Sakura has known that Naruto has always been there for her since the start, and will at nothing to protect her just like Ruby and Misora, but I feel Sakura's sights were always set for the imagination of Sasuke, and she didn't want to lose faith in what Sasuke meant to her "which was a crush" nothing more, nothing less.  That's just my overall thoughts on that part, make no mistake I still love NaruSaku and will continue to support it (I mean there's 1 reason why I still own RTN on bluray lol), but in terms of the development between Naruto and Sakura I do kinda feel it's weaker than the way Jio x Ruby or Daichi x Misora were handled.  

It's clear to me that Seishi is probably the best guy in terms of handling pairings and not Kishi.

Do you guys feel the same way? or do you feel like what happened with the Naruto pairings was due to its popularity?

Edited by LuckyChi7, 13 January 2017 - 09:15 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43473 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

Naruto got a wide fan base, which in this fan base, possibilities of not liking Sakura cause of limited experience + a reason for others that Sakura being in the way of their preferred pairing; equals a big possibility of hatred formation.

Unfortunately, this possibility succeeded.

@ LuckyChi7 : Yup. Jio x Ruby and Daichi x Misora are better than NS. The love triangle wasn't finished with earlier and it wasn't executed properly later on.

Still, I think it's obvious the popularity played a big role at the same time.

Edited by T XD, 14 January 2017 - 12:55 AM.

#43474 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

Well a quick update on the final page of Chapter 2: The Day the Moon Fell from the ATL.

So far. This reboot version of TL is a much better read than the Boruto rehash manga version despite the limited content that can be shown. Well, I scanlated the full chapter here.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 16 January 2017 - 10:16 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#43475 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

Well a quick update on the final page of Chapter 2: The Day the Moon Fell from the ATL.

So far. This reboot version of TL is a much better read than the Boruto rehash manga version despite the limited content that can be shown. Well, I scanlated the full chapter here.

I hope we at least get NS in this version.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43476 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

I suppose that most of the american audience saw the anime first. As in the business world, first impressions are everything. SP butchers Sakura and adds too many scenes that could make her unlovable with the whole arguing with Ino, and the couple of scenes where she says rude things to Naruto. To make matters worse, they added a scene of Hinata having a crush on Naruto. You might not have noticed but your brain did. Editing is crucial in film making because adding, altering or extending scenes can literally change the effect that was intended by the writer which was the case with Naruto. Sp's bias was there right from the start. Your job as an animator is to adapt and be as faithful as possible to the original material not altering the scene to fit your own agenda. 

#43477 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

I suppose that most of the american audience saw the anime first. As in the business world, first impressions are everything. SP butchers Sakura and adds too many scenes that could make her unlovable with the whole arguing with Ino, and the couple of scenes where she says rude things to Naruto. To make matters worse, they added a scene of Hinata having a crush on Naruto. You might not have noticed but your brain did. Editing is crucial in film making because adding, altering or extending scenes can literally change the effect that was intended by the writer which was the case with Naruto. Sp's bias was there right from the start. Your job as an animator is to adapt and be as faithful as possible to the original material not altering the scene to fit your own agenda. 

Right among those altering scenes the ones of Hinata as a little girl bring bullied (the same way as Sakura :roll: ) then having Naruto saved her as he knew her that long (just like Sakura again :roll: ) yeah pretty much.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43478 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Strangely my brothers DON'T hate Sakura and actually think she's one of the strongest females chatacters. They're only problem with her was her hitting Naruto in part 1 and her Sasuke obession but the acknowledged her strength in Shippuden and beyond. They even said she would demolish hinata who they actually like. LOL.

Overall the hate for Sakura was just loud obnoxious pairing stans who were the loudest. I've seen Kagome get more hate tbh and not to mention Asuka from Evagelion(tho she was psychologically damaged). Even Lucy gets a lot of hate surprisingly and she's getting the same Sakura treatment from fans like (useless, trash, etc etc) I just think that women in Shounen manga get hate on alot even more than deplorable characters like Orochimaru and Sasuke. 

To have some sort of praise in Shounen manga you have to at least be a very strong female and must have win a fight on their on or an epic battle. Konan was saved from hate because she died at the end of her epic battle. I bet if Sakura was on Naruto and Sasuke's level she wouldn't have nearly as much hate as she does.

Asuka from Evangelion actually redeemed herself because of her final battle. I've seen a lot of people who hate her actually like her because of that battle and finally came to understand her character.

#43479 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

Strangely my brothers DON'T hate Sakura and actually think she's one of the strongest females chatacters. They're only problem with her was her hitting Naruto in part 1 and her Sasuke obession but the acknowledged her strength in Shippuden and beyond. They even said she would demolish hinata who they actually like. LOL.

Overall the hate for Sakura was just loud obnoxious pairing stans who were the loudest. I've seen Kagome get more hate tbh and not to mention Asuka from Evagelion(tho she was psychologically damaged). Even Lucy gets a lot of hate surprisingly and she's getting the same Sakura treatment from fans like (useless, trash, etc etc) I just think that women in Shounen manga get hate on alot even more than deplorable characters like Orochimaru and Sasuke. 

To have some sort of praise in Shounen manga you have to at least be a very strong female and must have win a fight on their on or an epic battle. Konan was saved from hate because she died at the end of her epic battle. I bet if Sakura was on Naruto and Sasuke's level she wouldn't have nearly as much hate as she does.

Asuka from Evangelion actually redeemed herself because of her final battle. I've seen a lot of people who hate her actually like her because of that battle and finally came to understand her character.

The reasons why Sakura is hated are pretty simple and clear, but doesn't mean that the hate towards her is right.

Naruto part 1

Of course Sakura was 'annoying' and 'useless' in Part 1, however because Kishimoto had a different purpose with Sakura as a Character. Sakura was a 'tool' for Kishimoto to build-up a unhealthy teamdynamic within Team-7 by letting her favor Sasuke over Naruto. Sakura did care for Naruto many times, but she was the one who would display for the audience why Sasuke is 'better' than Naruto -> to showcase the difference between the rivals. Constanlty reminding for us why Sasuke is 'great' and what Naruto is 'lacking' [Dead-last vs Genin #1]

Kishimoto never planned to utilize Sakura in a battle, so he could mainly focus on Naruto and Sasuke for that. However Sakura was the 'brain' to explain many stuff.. not only for Naruto, but again also for the audience. She was also the Character to implement Drama (between Sasuke and Sakuara), and Comedy (between Sakura and Naruto) to develop the genres within the Story more. [Without Sakura there wouldn't be alot Drama about Sasuke leaving the village]. She was also needed to cool-down the rivalry, keeping both of them in place so they don't fight eachother the whole time... etc.

As you can see Kishimoto used Sakura for many things, and she did a good Job by being usefull with these kind of things (usefull for Kishis intention - not to be usefull for naruto), she had to fill more jobs than Naruto and Sasuke -> thats where the hate is created. Many fans just straight up dont know that a good character doesnt have to be a likeable character or a usefull character for the protagonist - they only care about the character-design [cool appearance, strong, smart, unique etc.] but not her relation/use in the story.

I could do a large review for Sakura as i did with Sasuke already in the Naruto-General section, and highlight her Characterwriting

Edited by Riverkid, 17 January 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#43480 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

Hinata has no victories but Lucy now is a great character and has more victories next to erza, natsu and Gray. So Lucy is on their level. Sakura was on naruto and Sasuke' s level with her diamond mark, but the sage of six paths had to ass pull new modes for those two. I'm still pissed konan died by that Vader knockoff kitten obito.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)